Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #271  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
Taco salad sounds good, love that! I have yet to make the Big Mac in a bowl, but I am sure I will love that too! Lately I have been obsessed with curry-like dishes - I have posted my chicken curry soup with rutabagus recipe and I also add curry powder to my cauliflower-IP leek soup mix. Tonight though is going to be 2 cups of chopped portabello mushroom added to the IP mushroom soup mix and either a bar or pancake for snack.

.....One of my friends suggested for Lent that you take a challenge to get rid of one bag of clutter per day - I decided to do that, since I have pretty much given up every food that I have ever given up for Lent on this diet already. Clutter is a constant challenge, I think I need to keep going with that one even after Lent is over, LOL!

Have a great day today!
Having the Big Mac in a bowl as we speak, but I only have ONE pack of WF Thousand Island dressing left. My coach can't get any more! AAAAggghhhh. Will have to do an online order I guess but didn't want to be ordering food in the freezing weather. Oh well.

I LOVE your "declutter" idea and am gonna do that! Tidy up/sort one "pile" of crap a day, with intent to purge. My DH is gonna come and KISS you for this one! He's been nagging for years... (HEY! Did HE put you up to this one??)
Old 02-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #272  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
) I think it was because there were so many accomplishments I made diet wise this week, a total of 80lbs lost and under 200lbs and all that with work kicking my a**
Awesome, Monica!! What a wonderful day!

Just wanted to share that I'm back from my 4 day trip to San Antonio to the music educators convention. This was the first time in many, many years that I did not walk around the exhibit hall eating the candies and chocolates, etc that the companies put out. This was the first time I ate out in SA and felt really, really good afterwards.

I stayed OP the entire time. I traveled with some colleagues and the trip home was the most difficult. I was the only woman and they all wanted to stop at for Texas barbecue. No veggies (IP allowed) in sight. I ordered chicken and turkey, which was delicious, even without the sauce. I had thrown an orange bell pepper into my food case when I left 4 days before. I had them bring a little fridge to my hotel room during the stay, so the pepper was still good. I ate it in the car as my veggie for the evening!

Other accommodations: For one meal at a Mexican restaurant on the Riverwalk, I spoke to the manager and he was able to get me grilled veggies without onions. So I had a beautiful plate of just the fajita meat and a mountain of grilled green and red peppers, zucchini, and mushrooms. It was yummy and I took some of it back to the hotel room so I could have the veggies andy if I needed them. (which I did)

I had a couple of quick lunches at the convention center. Picked up chef's salad and ate the salad minus the cheese and carrots with my RTD chocolate drink. Also a quick meal at the mall: one of the places grilled chicken for me without the sugar sauce and I had steamed veggies.

I guess I learned a lot about how we can make it work it we don't allow ourselves to even consider going off. I'm so close to my goal I did not want to go off at all. I want to finish in 3 weeks and begin phasing off. I don't want to prolong this.

Of course, the icing on the cake, so to speak (the pepper on the rutabaga???) came in all of the comments I got. Apparently the word got out to my former students and they all came to around to see me. I felt really, really great. Also, I bought a really cool skirt and dress at a little store with clothes from Nepal. One of kind stuff. I never, ever would have been able to fit into these clothes. Last year at that store I bought a beautiful over-shirt, all batiked and beautiful. It was a one-size-fits-all butt cover kind of shirt. Now it's too big for me. This year I bought a skirt and dress that are really fitted. Those will be my next pictures.

A long post, but I wanted to share this with y'all.

Have a great week, everyone! And here are some new pictures!

Last edited by joysh; 02-18-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Why do so many people that are in the 100 percent thread end up on the reboot thread and have gained sooooo much back? I'm discouraged. I have a friend that was 100 percent and gained 25 pounds between Xmas and the Super Bowl. That's just crazy!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #274  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
i posted this in the daily but had to hate here too. I had a great day yesterday, went out for a nice day in the city with my husband, it was fun and romantic, everything we wanted but on top of that I felt great and looked great to me, I spent to whole day in heals and bought a new pair that were on sale (I did not even own any pre-IP) it was the first time I really felt smaller and sexier ( having my husband unable to keep his hands off helps that ) I think it was because there were so many accomplishments I made diet wise this week, a total of 80lbs lost and under 200lbs and all that with work kicking my a**
Sounds like a totally awesome weekend!!! We were in the city as well, just nicely it home. Found some awesome deals at Old Navy!!!! Some summer dresses/beach cover ups for me, jeans and clothes at 40% off for the kids!! A d another 15% off everything at the till!!!! I saved A TON!!! HAPPY happy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiChanel1 View Post
Why do so many people that are in the 100 percent thread end up on the reboot thread and have gained sooooo much back? I'm discouraged. I have a friend that was 100 percent and gained 25 pounds between Xmas and the Super Bowl. That's just crazy!
Sounds like you're here to stir up trouble with a comment like that. We are all human. The reason we're ALL on 3FC is because we have problems with food. Doesn't matter what thread someone's on, we are all human.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #275  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
I'm not sure "long term" how I'll do, but I will tell you that I stopped being 100% mid October and put on 25 lbs by New Year's. BUT I did not phase off properly. I just went from super low carbs to CARB FEST! Your body is resetting your pancreas, and you have to phase in to let it adjust or it can't handle the carb overload. Even when that is done, most of us who are carb sensitive WON'T be going back to regular eating how we did before.

I am hoping this time around to make better choices--number one being to phase off properly. You'll see lots of discussion about how to eat after - many people choosing a Paleo diet etc. That's the reason why. We still need to manage food when the IP space food packs are done.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Thanks so much! I was not trying to stir trouble. Sorry if I did
Old 02-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #277  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Just wanted to share that I'm back from my 4 day trip to San Antonio to the music educators convention. This was the first time in many, many years that I did not walk around the exhibit hall eating the candies and chocolates, etc that the companies put out. This was the first time I ate out in SA and felt really, really good afterwards.
Have a great week, everyone! And here are some new pictures!
Fabulous job at managing your trip. It is so exciting to hear success stories like this.

Quote:
I am as concerned about my food habits as I move into maintenance as I am in phase 1. I think dieting is the easy part, it's maintenance that is the hard part. This is the same whether it is IP or another program. I think it is good that it has taken me over a year to get to this point because I have had that time to reset my brain at the same time as my pancreas. For those that have lost quickly on IP, maybe they haven't had the time to get their habits changed. And maybe it is a positive that while we will all slip up at some point, we know that IP is a solution to get back in control.

I'm having another headachy night. I was at my friend's place for the afternoon and dinner. She was helping me update my resume. Her daughter was a fun chatty distraction too. They even had me playing Dance with Me on the Wii. But I think stress is getting to me a bit so I need to ensure I'm taking time in the evening to chill. For tonight, I think I'll go take a bath and drink another cup of herbal tea then head to bed.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #278  

Quote:
Thanks so much! I was not trying to stir trouble. Sorry if I did
No I'm sorry. After all the trouble with the cheating talk, I took your post the wrong way. My apologies.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:30 AM   #279  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
There are lots of reasons why the weight comes back, but from what I've read the most common seem to be:
- not phasing off properly in the first place

- letting the "fun day" become a "fun weekend"..."fun week" and so on.

The program works IF you follow it - that means in maintenance too - following the eating guidelines, and if you have your ONE fun day per week, doing a phase 1 day the next day.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #280  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Joysh you look fantastic in your new pic! I can see the difference from the January pic. Great job staying 100% OP during your trip. You are an IP master.

LexiChannel- Learn from the mistakes of others. We need to approach maintenance with the same dedication as phase I. I feel totally in control of food being 100%, and I don't want to take that for granted. I had serious issues with carbs and sugar, and I don't think for a minute that I'm cured of it. My plan for maintenance is to make sure that the bad carbs and sugar are restricted to my 1 cheat meal a week. I don't think that I can make it an entire day of cheats, because then I might lose control.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #281  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

So much to catch up on! I might have some time later to read back and see what I missed

Barely got on yesterday, I got called in to sing with the team at church for Sunday at the last minute, so our normal Sunday morning routine turned into an all-morning affair. I planned ahead a bit, but not as well as I could have - brought my packet for breakfast, but got tied up running one of my errands after church and TOTALLY forgot to eat lunch. P2 made that a little easier - one double chicken chopped salad at Subway took care of it, and I made up the missing veggies at dinner (they only used about 1 cup total on the salad). Dinner was at my SIL's house, they ate pasta and I brought fixings for asian stir fry (I am in LOVE with baby bok choi!), and while the kids munched on popcorn later I had a pudding. Then we tucked the cousins into SIL's bed and put on a movie while the grownups watched Walking Dead. All in all a great night!

My weight is up a little this morning (now that I'm phasing off I'm weighing every morning to see what my trends are) but I feel a cold coming on and I think TOM is around the corner, I had dropped to 155.6 on Friday but I'm back up to 157. Still well under goal weight! And yesterday one of my errands was to replace my loose size 12's and figure out what size I really am - I brought home a few pairs of size 8's from Old Navy!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #282  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi everyone-

I'm back after several days of not being able to check in. I've been on phase 3 for almost 2 weeks. I didn't make it to goal yet but I am losing so much hair, I thought maybe phase 3 would buy me some time for biotin to kick in, plus I thought it might be easier to manage phase 3 on a group vacation where I didn't have control of my schedule. Sad to say, the hair loss hasn't slowed yet. 10 days at Disney sometimes left me with less than perfect choices, but I worked very hard to stay OP. I gained right around 3 lbs, per the scale today, which it normal for phase 3. Now I have to decide what to do from here. As much as I'd like to go back to phase 1, I can't deal with any more hair loss right now...it's becoming noticable to others at this point. I'd welcome any thoughts or suggestions.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #283  
Started IP 01/31/13

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
I stayed OP the entire time. I traveled with some colleagues and the trip home was the most difficult. I was the only woman and they all wanted to stop at for Texas barbecue. No veggies (IP allowed) in sight. I ordered chicken and turkey, which was delicious, even without the sauce. I had thrown an orange bell pepper into my food case when I left 4 days before. I had them bring a little fridge to my hotel room during the stay, so the pepper was still good. I ate it in the car as my veggie for the evening!

Other accommodations: For one meal at a Mexican restaurant on the Riverwalk, I spoke to the manager and he was able to get me grilled veggies without onions. So I had a beautiful plate of just the fajita meat and a mountain of grilled green and red peppers, zucchini, and mushrooms. It was yummy and I took some of it back to the hotel room so I could have the veggies andy if I needed them. (which I did)

I had a couple of quick lunches at the convention center. Picked up chef's salad and ate the salad minus the cheese and carrots with my RTD chocolate drink. Also a quick meal at the mall: one of the places grilled chicken for me without the sugar sauce and I had steamed veggies.

I guess I learned a lot about how we can make it work it we don't allow ourselves to even consider going off!
What great information you have shared. I just started IP 3 weeks ago. I travel fairly frequently and am very worried about staying on plan. Plan it, tell the restaurants what you need and be strong!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #284  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Hi everyone-

I'm back after several days of not being able to check in. I've been on phase 3 for almost 2 weeks. I didn't make it to goal yet but I am losing so much hair, I thought maybe phase 3 would buy me some time for biotin to kick in, plus I thought it might be easier to manage phase 3 on a group vacation where I didn't have control of my schedule. Sad to say, the hair loss hasn't slowed yet. 10 days at Disney sometimes left me with less than perfect choices, but I worked very hard to stay OP. I gained right around 3 lbs, per the scale today, which it normal for phase 3. Now I have to decide what to do from here. As much as I'd like to go back to phase 1, I can't deal with any more hair loss right now...it's becoming noticable to others at this point. I'd welcome any thoughts or suggestions.
I totally understand this post because that was ME. I stopped too because of the hairloss but I didn't go to phase 2 or 3 and the weight flooded on, so whatever you do -- stick with at least phase 3 while you decide.

On the plus side, I really think the hair loss has slowed considerably so I hope you notice that too. I'm back to P1 now, but a bit more "relaxed" about it and so the weight is not flooding off me like it was before - which I'm totally ok with. As long as the scale is movin' down - quarter or half a pound at a time, I hope this will help me with the hair thing this time. It's easy to say "Oh it will grow back in thicker than ever once you reach goal" but my VANITY can't really wait that long. I'm torn between "give 100% and get the weight off faster" and "give 90% and it'll take longer, cost more, but hopefully in 3 months you won't be shedding like a dog in the springtime"

90% is pretty good -- my "cheats" are things like adding 1% to my decaf --which adds up throughout the day. I also drink more coffee than water - which I'm working on. My mother always jokes "water is to wash your feet in". We're not big water drinkers LOL.... Gettin' better though so there's hope.

Us "hair lossers" get your dilemma. BUT that's a sign that the weight is coming off. I just wish there was a better sign -- like grey hair turning back to its natural shade!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #285  

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!!! I have been so busy with school lately but thought I would try to catch up! Maintenance is now going well and I am staying within my 5 pound window. I have big fluctuations around TOM so I try not to worry too much about my weight around that time but focus on how clothes feel. My latest maintenance trick is to ALWAYS wear my favorite clothing and tightest pants on my fun day. It helps me stay in control. It may sound silly, but it is working for me. Happy Monday everyone!
Closed Thread