Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #241  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
Now I got that song in my head thanks IP43
Call me Diane Monica. I've already complimented your ta-tas, and now I'm serenading you... plus you've just joined me in onederland! (wooot wooot).... Race ya to 190

Last edited by IP43; 02-15-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:15 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Call me Diane Monica. I've already complimented your ta-tas, and now I'm serenading you... plus you've just joined me in onederland! (wooot wooot).... Race ya to 190
You got it Diane we will make it there together and far beyond

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 02-16-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:10 AM   #243  

Monica: Onderland!
Welcome to the non-exclusive, everyone-is invited club!

Woo hoo!

(Decided to cross-post this on the daily...sorry in advance to my 100% peeps)

I was pretty busy yesterday from late morning through bedtime. I was able to read but not really comment. I'm certainly not going to formulate a well-thought out comment on my phone!

You guys are my hereos!

And here's why:

Ten years ago, I was very successful on Atkins. In 1.5 years I lost 100 lbs, going from 275 to 175. After the success, I started dating again, after a messy divorce and a 5 year hiatus from romantic relationships (talk about hurt!)

Granted, it is hard to be on a severely carb-restricted diet and date, which means lots of restaurants and drinks (at least it did for me), so after a while of maintaining while trying to remain on the plan, I made the decision to "maintain for a while" before losing the last 25-30 lbs.

Ten years later, here I am on IP, with a starting weight at 260.
As much success as had on Atkins, I've NEVER felt as successful as I have on IP. Atkins is pretty forgiving of small transgressions and it is MUCH higher fat (actually, if you read about the higher fat content of it and plans such as Paleo/Primal, you'll find the fats are actually very healthy!)

It took me 8 months to "wrap my head around" IP before I started, mostly because of the high content of processed food and because of my belief (with research to back it up) that soy is not good for us. I chose to start the plan, knowing the use of the highly processed foods would be temporary...a means to an end.

Well, after 5 months OP, my thyroid became sluggish (one of the side effects in the human body from soy and gluten) so I quit soy. But not IP! I had to make adjustments and find some appropriate alternatives, which sometimes include some real food choices, rather than packets, but I make sure the choices are equivalents (in protein, carb, fat)

After SO.MUCH.SUCCESS in the past with Atkins, I never got to goal, nor did I learn to maintain. I was determined that if I were to embark on the IP plan, I would NOT repeat the past (definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results). I was determined that I'd do what I was told TO GOAL, despite the obstacles, and then follow a maintenance plan.

This was (and still is) so incredibly important to me due to the morbid obesity I faced. At 49 years old I was having problems moving. I had difficulty with normal daily tasks and anything even slightly more strenuous caused me back pain for days (it still does...for one day...but I'm working on reversing that)

This is more than cosmetic for me. It is about more than resulting wrinkles and loose skin (no I don't want them but if I get them, it's better than the alternative - living in pain). It is about getting my quality of life back.

That's why I'm 100% and need all of you! That's why I can't deal with cheats. Because I can't cheat. I can't allow that option in my head. I need my health and wellness and vitality WAYYY more than I need a bite of pie, a taste of a fantastic libation, or whatever it is....whether it is a once per year occurrence or a weekly happy hour with co-workers.

Do I know specific plans need to be made for trips away from home? Absolutely! I have done it. But I also know sticking as close as possible to the plan was essential for me. Because my health and well-being is the whole reason I'm on IP. I'm a little over half-way to goal. But goal weight is just the beginning of learning to maintain a healthy lifestyle with less pain and more ease of movement. There are so many things I want to DO but the obesity was holding me back due to chronic pain. No bite is worth giving up the opportunity to be pain-free.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-16-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #244  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
This was (and still is) so incredibly important to me due to the morbid obesity I faced. At 49 years old I was having problems moving. I had difficulty with normal daily tasks and anything even slightly more strenuous caused me back pain for days (it still does...for one day...but I'm working on reversing that)

This is more than cosmetic for me. It is about more than resulting wrinkles and loose skin (no I don't want them but if I get them, it's better than the alternative - living in pain). It is about getting my quality of life back.

That's why I'm 100% and need all of you! That's why I can't deal with cheats. Because I can't cheat. I can't allow that option in my head. I need my health and wellness and vitality WAYYY more than I need a bite of pie, a taste of a fantastic libation, or whatever it is....whether it is a once per year occurrence or a weekly happy hour with co-workers.
Lisa you are awesome!
Old 02-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Monica: Onderland!
Welcome to the non-exclusive, everyone-is invited club!

Woo hoo!

You guys are my hereos!

That's why I'm 100% and need all of you!
We need you too and are glad to be on this journey with you and everyone else, to keep us inspired and supported whatever the issue may be.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #246  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! I haven't had much time to keep up with everything the last few days, but have been having a nice relaxing time here. I've been doing a 'modified Phase 2' this week, switching between P1 and P2 most days based on everyone's plans. Thankfully there are lots of healthy choices at the restaurants. I haven't been diving as much as I normally do since my BIL and SIL don't dive, but we took them to see the stingrays at the sandbar yesterday and my BIL is doing a scuba resort course tomorrow to get a taste of diving.

My weight seems to have stopped its downward movement for the time being, but at least it's holding steady. We threw a big beer/pizza party for the guests and staff here last night (13 pizzas disappeared in 30 minutes!!) I was grateful there were no leftovers since the pizza looked much more appetizing than my tuna!

My BIL decided to go (WAAAAY!!!!) off his diet for vacation; I'm still glad to say that I've been sticking OP for the most part. I did have 6 oz of dry red wine the other night, but have to say it didn't taste as good as anticipated. Won't be doing that again ... Just isn't worth it, and it's not worth leading to bad choices.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #247  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Wow! Missed a lot from yesterday! Like Lisa I had chronic back pain, bulging disks, plantar fasciitis, knee pain, aggravated leg nerves from the weight. Also wanted to have a healthy pregnancy and knew at 38 that I needed to do something drastic to get to where i needed to be now and FOREVER, because the pain returns with the weight and honestly i never experienced anything as bad as throwing my back out (3x!!!).

Cheating wasnt an option for me mainly due to my conception time crunch, but honestly i am super cheap (the chance of throwing away $36-$48 for some pizza is out of the question...and budget) and if you really understand how this protocol works it is truly designed to give you maximum probability of success with a better chance of compliance particularly in Phase 1. I am at the healthiest i have ever been in my life, i am happy, confident, feel so strong and all i want is for everyone here to succeed and feel that amazing love and pride for themselves. Being the logical, method driven engineer i know the answer to succeeding on IP is to stick to the sheet. I understand how lessons can be learned "the hard way" or that once in a lifetime trip, i just know myself and perhaps project my own fears and honestly the numerous "dropouts" scared me too.

On a lighter note, i got in a 12-mile chilly run this morning. I will post up some buddha belly pics in a few, there is DEFINITELY something growing in there!

Last edited by LizRR; 02-16-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #248  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
You guys are my hereos!
Well said Lisa - your whole post there. You are a terrific example of how to get this done. I can picture you in tights and a cape.... shopping like the wind, using your mind to hold back the evil forces of refined sugars and keeping high carbs at bay. When exercising mode is initiated, yes superheros in our case may "glow" from this power. IP Powers - ACTIVATE!

You Rock!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #249  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
We need you too and are glad to be on this journey with you and everyone else, to keep us inspired and supported whatever the issue may be.
What Monica said!!!

And LizRR, belly pics a must!!
Old 02-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #250  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

It's in there! I am 11 weeks, 3 days along now! Nearing the end of 1st trimester, morning sickness is sllllooowly subsiding. I started unbuttoning my jeans this week - they fit everywhere else but the waist is getting just a little thick! The boobs also came back!

This is after 12 miles, a protein drink, handfuls of trail mix, 16 oz of water, and an egg white sandwich.

Last edited by LizRR; 02-16-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #251  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Hi everyone! I haven't had much time to keep up with everything the last few days, but have been having a nice relaxing time here. I've been doing a 'modified Phase 2' this week, switching between P1 and P2 most days based on everyone's plans. Thankfully there are lots of healthy choices at the restaurants. I haven't been diving as much as I normally do since my BIL and SIL don't dive, but we took them to see the stingrays at the sandbar yesterday and my BIL is doing a scuba resort course tomorrow to get a taste of diving.

My weight seems to have stopped its downward movement for the time being, but at least it's holding steady. We threw a big beer/pizza party for the guests and staff here last night (13 pizzas disappeared in 30 minutes!!) I was grateful there were no leftovers since the pizza looked much more appetizing than my tuna!

My BIL decided to go (WAAAAY!!!!) off his diet for vacation; I'm still glad to say that I've been sticking OP for the most part. I did have 6 oz of dry red wine the other night, but have to say it didn't taste as good as anticipated. Won't be doing that again ... Just isn't worth it, and it's not worth leading to bad choices.
Your vacations always sound so nice! I need to plan one soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Wow! Missed a lot from yesterday! Like Lisa I had chronic back pain, bulging disks, plantar fasciitis, knee pain, aggravated leg nerves from the weight. Also wanted to have a healthy pregnancy and knew at 38 that I needed to do something drastic to get to where i needed to be now and FOREVER, because the pain returns with the weight and honestly i never experienced anything as bad as throwing my back out (3x!!!).

Cheating wasnt an option for me mainly due to my conception time crunch, but honestly i am super cheap (the chance of throwing away $36-$48 for some pizza is out of the question...and budget) and if you really understand how this protocol works it is truly designed to give you maximum probability of success with a better chance of compliance particularly in Phase 1. I am at the healthiest i have ever been in my life, i am happy, confident, feel so strong and all i want is for everyone here to succeed and feel that amazing love and pride for themselves. Being the logical, method driven engineer i know the answer to succeeding on IP is to stick to the sheet. I understand how lessons can be learned "the hard way" or that once in a lifetime trip, i just know myself and perhaps project my own fears and honestly the numerous "dropouts" scared me too.

On a lighter note, i got in a 12-mile chilly run this morning. I will post up some buddha belly pics in a few, there is DEFINITELY something growing in there!
You are the perfect IP success story . You did everything right and even while pregnant your health is still a priority.

Last edited by ragdoll74; 02-16-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #252  
Diane on track July 2014

Hi Baby Bump Tran -- this is your Canadian IP Auntie waving to you. Tell your mom it's time for more cucumber sorbet -- that's your favourite!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #253  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Thanks Lisa and Liz for your stories today. I needed that bit of inspiration. I felt challenged by the cheating talk yesterday in the daily thread. I have seen here and in person with friends, too many people take a little too much leeway and then lose their way. I find it a challenge to stay on track but it was important to me to do this 100%. I can relax once I'm comfortably in maintenance.

Today I did some grocery shopping then finally made the celeriac soup posted by Rainbow, it was awesome! I got my hair done and then came home and felt like exercising. I must say this is my weakness, I have the best intentions but fail with the follow through. Today I went with the thought while I had it. My DVD is called Max T3 from my chiropractor and it is 12 minutes doing resistance training but quickly enough that you also get a bit of cardio. I had a decaf vanilla pudding latte afterwards for recovery, that will be my 4th packet today. Dinner is marinating and roasting. I need to finish a few more house chores.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #254  

Liz - awesome baby bump pic!!!! You are an amazing role model for us! I heart you!!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #255  
Diane on track July 2014

Two questions:
1) Does anyone use salsa instead their 'tomato' allowance? or is it a no-no as it has onions? (or what reason??)

2) How do people keep lettuce etc. from wilting. I think I have a bum fridge. My "crisper" top has broken, so my crisper trays just sit in the bottom of the fridge with no lid. Celery, lettuce etc is wilty within a very short time.
Closed Thread