Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #61  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Cindy, sure sounds like you're having a great time with the after Christmas sales. Also, you really seem to know how to handle maintenance and keep it under control even when, as you say, you make a "real mess of things." This is the point when most would throw in the towel and then eat everything in sight from then on. I congratulate you. We must get together and talk maintenance when I come up this spring. I should be really close by then.
Looking forward to getting together again! Expect I'll have a much better handle on maintenance by then, and happy to share any insights.

Alison, I love your attitude. Hadn't thought about it as I never make New Year's resolutions. It's great when we feel we have that aspect of our life under control.

WI this morning. 1lb. I probably wasn't as good as I should be about what meat I'm eating for dinner and probably an extra restricted veggie (salads out). I don't stress over it as I've tried to make this as a new lifestyle, not a diet. To me a diet is like a jail sentence, but when finished just return to a "life of crime" or should I say a life of carbs. I'm using P1 to learn to adjust in a different way to food entirely. Life will never be the same in the eating department. Plus, I am trying to find ways this works for both super skinny DH and me. I just can't see cooking two meals at dinner. He does his own thing at lunch, but dinner is together. He sometimes adds a carb veggie, but not a lot.

Enough of my ranting. Oh, my BMI just squeaked into the Overweight range from Obese. YEAH!!! That is very nice psychologically.
Molyl
Congrats on one more lb gone forever and squeaking into the overweight range on the BMI scale! AWESOME NSV! Any loss during Christmas week is a huge success in my book. Agree on having to view this as a new lifestyle rather than a diet. Great analogy too! My VIP is having a tough time with the realization that I'll never be able to go back to my previous way of eating, as he loves the carbs and some fats. He's a terrific cook, but isn't jumping on the bandwagon to learn how to adjust recipes for me yet. Sure hope he does soon...I miss handing kitchen duty over to him occasionally - lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
Cindy - Good luck with your P1 week!
Thank you!

Chloe I am SO GLAD I can start the New Year without making the same tired old weight resolution. Though I am not at goal, I kind of feel like I have that aspect of my life under control. But I am going to start adding some exercise back into my life.

Anyone have any interesting resolutions?

Love you all and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Hmmm, haven't thought about any resolutions for 2013 since I've taken care of my 'old standby' one this year. Guess it will have to be to exercise at least 3 times a week, and maybe something to improve my financial situation.

Quote:
Just added this fabulous spinach salad recipe to the recipe thread.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post4568372

I'm always looking for new ways for veggies.

Molly
I'll check this recipe out soon. Thanks for another new one!

Just took the Christmas decorations & tree down. Everything always looks so blah for a few days afterwards. Still need to get some laundry done, and grate a head of cauliflower so I can make a meatloaf for dinner tonight. (The grocery store had 96/4 fat ground sirloin on sale yesterday!) I use the cauli as the binding agent.
Forgot to share the results of my latest A1C blood sugar test...drumroll please...5.2!!! Dropped from 6.8 in 7 months as a result of losing 50 lbs with IP (60 lbs since January)!!! The doctor's office was almost as happy as I am about this improvement!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Old 12-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #62  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
KIMBROW - a big welcome! I hope that you will be happy with IP. I love it!

Wingnut - thanks fro the eggplant recipe cannot wait to try it.

Big day for me - I stayed off of my leg all day yesterday and can actually walk around without a crutch today. It has been a rough month, or he** year. I finally decided to step on the scale since my knee was looking much more like a knee and much less like a watermelon. I met my goal of losing 50 lbs by 2013. I have lost 51 lbs as of today....I cried!!! I asked my husband to bring in 51 lbs from our weight set. I couldn't even lift it but I had been lifting it for a long time. wow...yes, I am proud of me and my accomplishments and cannot believe that I may be in Onederland before Mardi Gras (mid February this year)
CONGRATULATIONS Maezy! Am thrilled for you! And very glad your knee is improving.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #63  

greeniris - THX !
Old 12-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #64  

Quote:
.WI this morning. 1lb. I probably wasn't as good as I should be about what meat I'm eating for dinner and probably an extra restricted veggie (salads out). I don't stress over it as I've tried to make this as a new lifestyle, not a diet. To me a diet is like a jail sentence, but when finished just return to a "life of crime" or should I say a life of carbs. I'm using P1 to learn to adjust in a different way to food entirely. Life will never be the same in the eating department. Plus, I am trying to find ways this works for both super skinny DH and me. I just can't see cooking two meals at dinner. He does his own thing at lunch, but dinner is together. He sometimes adds a carb veggie, but not a lot.

Enough of my ranting. Oh, my BMI just squeaked into the Overweight range from Obese. YEAH!!! That is very nice psychologically.
Molly: congrats on being overweight instead of obese! I've got a ways to go for this and LOVE watching others blaze the path ahead of me!
I LOVE your comment about "jail sentence, just to return to a life of crime."
My meat choices aren't always the most pristine either (rib eyes, ribs occasionally, and I don't like ground turkey) but I'm fitting IP into my life & if it makes me lose 2 lbs instead of 3 one week, oh well! Some of my meat choices are due to research I've read that fat isn't the worst culprit. Carbs, tho...they belong in jail for me!
Old 12-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #65  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Hello to all my fellow Fab at Fifty +ers!

Woo-hoo - had my first Fun Day! I'm so happy to be able to report from personal experience that this following a Fun Day with a P1-type day really works!! I had a modest sized portion of all my Christmas dinner favorites (including dressing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and gravy), plus 2 glasses of red wine and small portions of two different desserts this past Friday at our family Christmas get-together. Didn't feel stuffed or uncomfortable, just satisfied. The only other sweets I ate was a handful of some type of caramel popped corn that had chocolate mixed in it. It was in somebody's Christmas stocking, and got passed around as we opened gifts. I did have a problem getting my normal amount of water in on Friday - think I only got about 1/2 of my usual amount that day. I can see from just entering (as best I can remember and figure out) on Fatsecret that my sodium intake was pretty high on Friday.

I didn't take any actual P1 packets to my sister's, as I was intending to just follow my Friday fun day with a low carb day. So yesterday I ate very low carb for breakfast (scrambled eggs w. bacon); and just ate leftover roasted turkey at lunch with some turnips, green peas, carrots, cranberry sauce and cabbage salad (I'm not sure of the salad dressing used, there probably was some fat in it). Skipped the potatoes, dressing, gravy, etc. Yesterday was the 'eat up the leftovers day', so dinner was much the same as lunch, but I did allow myself 2 glasses of red wine again and a small portion of one dessert (a cheesecake). I also drank lots of water with lemon through the day yesterday - probably more than my usual.

My weight on Friday before breakfast was 157. When I weighed myself on my sister's scales yesterday morning before eating breakfast, I was at 159.4. This morning my weight on that same scale was back at 157.2. I'm so relieved and excited to find that I've shed that 2 lbs already, and am back were I was before enjoying all that 'fun stuff'. It really just shows me that this is doable. Everyone was very excited to see what I'd accomplished - my sister (she's a sweetie) actually raised a toast to me at the beginning of Friday's night's dinner as an acknowledgement of my dieting success this past year. And they were interested in seeing how I got back to the pre-fun day weight so quickly, through a combo of low carb yesterday + lots of water.

One of my nieces took some good pictures of me yesterday, as I'd explained I'd like to be able to post 'before' and 'after' shots here and my own camera is broken, but for some #&*^! reason they didn't come through properly as attachments to the email she sent me. Hopefully I can still get them, and then I"ll (finally) post some pics. If I can't get those, I'll get my own camera fixed so I can just do it myself. It seems to be a problem with the internal flash.

Anyway - after having experienced this success in getting back to my first pre-Fun Day weight, I'm feeling very optomistic now that I have the tools to keep my weight stabilized, while still enjoying some treats from time to time.

I'm back home now, and that's the end of the Christmas meals & treats for me. Now on to maintenance.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful Holiday Season, and Happy New Year to all of you!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hello to all my fellow Fab at Fifty +ers!

Woo-hoo - had my first Fun Day! I'm so happy to be able to report from personal experience that this following a Fun Day with a P1-type day really works!!

Hope everyone has had a wonderful Holiday Season, and Happy New Year to all of you!
Evepet,
What a great experience! It's wonderful to know first hand that this works for you and you'll be able to handle maintenance well. Congrats again on making goal!

Molly,
Congrats on moving into overweight category! You'll be where you want to be soon!

A second congrats on being retired!

Chloe
Old 12-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #67  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Evepet,
What a great experience! It's wonderful to know first hand that this works for you and you'll be able to handle maintenance well. Congrats again on making goal!
Chloe
Thx Chloe. And thanks for posting the Cellulite Removal protocol. I know I've got it saved somewhere from earlier, but you just made it easy for me to find. I'll make a decision in a couple of weeks, about whether I go that route or return to P1 to take off just a few more lbs.

Molly - Congrats on your retirement!

Rainbowsmiles - Your Vermont trip sounds great! Sorry to hear that you're sick though. Get better soon.

WingNutand Me - thanks for that eggplant recipe. You must have read my mind... I've got one in my crisper that I need to eat. I was asking my sister this morning if she had any good recipes. (She didn't think she did - not a big eggplant lover).
Old 12-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #68  

EVEPET - so glad to hear someone report on maintenance. Although I am so far away from it, its something that I have wondered, you know the thought "will I be able to maintain" and u r proof that it does
Old 12-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hi everyone! Hope everyone's Christmas Season is going well.

I'm finishing P3 today, and enjoying my first Fun Day at our extended family get-together tomorrow. Family members were scattered around different continents, and it was impossible to get everyone together until tomorrow. The delay actually worked out better for me as it gave me enough time to finish P3. LOL. But I am looking forward to having a Fun Day tomorrow. I'll be home for breakfast & lunch, and will stick to a basic P3 day for both of them, but at dinner tomorrow (which will be our traditional Christmas dinner) I'll enjoy a small portion of dressing and mashed potatoes, and sample the desserts. And some wine... and maybe a few nuts during the afternoon. Then I'll be on P1 on Saturday - then on to maintenance for the time being.

I posted a few days ago in the Maintenance thread that I find myself in between pant sizes. This may well motivate me to go back to P1 early next year and actively diet again until I fit well into the smaller size.

I'll be away from home starting tomorrow for a couple of days, so just wanted to check in now and say 'Hi!' to everyone.

Hope your Holidays have been healthy and happy, and include lots of love and laughter with your families.

Cheers from snowy central Ontario Canada. (We now have quite a white wonderland here - I'd take a pic, but my camera flash is broken).
YAY!!!!!!! Wow! Congratulations!!!!!!!! YAHOO!!!!! MAINTENANCE!!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Molly: congrats on being overweight instead of obese! I've got a ways to go for this and LOVE watching others blaze the path ahead of me!
I LOVE your comment about "jail sentence, just to return to a life of crime."
My meat choices aren't always the most pristine either (rib eyes, ribs occasionally, and I don't like ground turkey) but I'm fitting IP into my life & if it makes me lose 2 lbs instead of 3 one week, oh well! Some of my meat choices are due to research I've read that fat isn't the worst culprit. Carbs, tho...they belong in jail for me!
I also tend to eat an assortment of different meats, some better than others but I'm with you if it's what we must do to keep in the game, I have always used a little parm cheese on my vegetables (I call it my dairy allowance) and a shake of vegetable bacon bits, but it has kept me eating my vegetables and so delicious. I make a yummy meatloaf with ground turkey, that's a little spicy but also very good. My coach is aware of these things and that's exactly what was said that we may be a little behind weight loss wise but it's what I have done to keep myself in the game. I don't mind the trade off even if it means adding on a extra month of this program. It's been working!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:37 PM   #71  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Big day for me - I stayed off of my leg all day yesterday and can actually walk around without a crutch today. It has been a rough month, or he** year. I finally decided to step on the scale since my knee was looking much more like a knee and much less like a watermelon. I met my goal of losing 50 lbs by 2013. I have lost 51 lbs as of today....I cried!!! I asked my husband to bring in 51 lbs from our weight set. I couldn't even lift it but I had been lifting it for a long time. wow...yes, I am proud of me and my accomplishments and cannot believe that I may be in Onederland before Mardi Gras (mid February this year)
Congrats! Fantastic!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #72  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

been sleeping for most of the day.....not feeling much better!! I think the color is out of my RAINBOW!! Can't wait to get it back!!

had a very lovely christmas....my favorite present was a pre-booked holiday for the MACY'S THANKSGIVING PARADE!!!! it has been on my bucket list forever!!! i am over the moon excited!!!!!!!!!!

dh was so good to me....i got lots of new spices instead of all the usual candy treats!!! we usually rack up for the year with candy so i was happy!! i got one lolly and 2 little tins of godiva pearls. i sorta miss my big box of godiva but thankful i dont have the temptation. and no christmas biccies this year!! LE sigh!! isn't it amazing how accustomed we get to our little rituals and goodies!

i got a nice new cutting board from paula deen, the gripper board, so it doesn't slip when hacking into things like rutabagas!! love my new bodum coffee presses!! one small one for single use and one for us both to use! now to find some flavorful coffees!!

WHAT WERE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE CHRISTMAS PRESENTS???

got a new bike helmet and riding gloves!! yeah!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 12-30-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #73  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
EVEPET - so glad to hear someone report on maintenance. Although I am so far away from it, its something that I have wondered, you know the thought "will I be able to maintain" and u r proof that it does
Hi maezy. I read your posts from earlier today and am glad to hear that you're feeling better and progressing nicely. Yes - I was ecstatic to see that 157lbs on the scale again this morning, knowing that the IP maintenance guidelines were working well for me and my Fun Day extra lbs were already gone. It was a very good feeling. Obviously we have to adjust our overall eating habits, stay away from the processed and packaged foods etc., etc., - but this just proved to me that it works if we follow the guidelines. Just keep plugging away and you'll get there too.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #74  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
YAY!!!!!!! Wow! Congratulations!!!!!!!! YAHOO!!!!! MAINTENANCE!!!!!!!!
Yahoo!! indeed! LOL. Thanks NewPath. I just experienced the thrill of having my first Fun Day on Friday, followed by a P1 day yesterday, and seeing for myself that those extra lbs from the Fun Day had disappeared when I weighed in this am. It was a wonderful feeling to see that everything was working exactly as described.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #75  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

evepet...sure sounds like your fun day was indeed FUN!! and in control too! well done!

i am doing a little better....i think! haha slept most of the day! sleep is a good healer! had my ip chicken noodle soup for lunch and made crab cakes for supper, so had a good day back on plan.

i was so nervous not having my scale on my holiday as i too am a daily weigher. i was happy to finally get to step back on it and even more happy to see i didn't not gain any weight while gone!

i stayed pretty close to on plan...had a few tiny splurges. IP sort of gets into your blood after awhile, so it is hard for me to throw caution to the wind and not be mindful of what i am eating...and that is the most precious gift i have gotten from ip to date!!

i didn't lose any weight this week, stayed the same. so i feel blessed. and its right back to strickness now that i am home.

it feels amazing to not have to make a new years resolution to lose weight and get fit!! i am already doing that! woohoo!!

can't wait to feel better and get in a bike ride!! i miss my bike when i am away, and now that i am sick, it will be a few more days still.

hope you had a fabulous christmas!! happy new year too!!!
Closed Thread