Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #481  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Very Low Carb Homemade Cranberry Sauce

I got this off the Ideal Protein AZ Facebook site. Satisfied my craving for some cranberry sauce. Sorry it's a few days late for US Thanksgiving. Maybe for Christmas.

Very Low Carb Homemade Cranberry Sauce

Cranberries, they aren't very sweet on their own, and you can make a sauce from scratch sweetened with Splenda. A whole cup of raw cranberries has 13 grams of carbohydrate, 5 of which are from fiber. That leaves 8 grams total, in a cup, of carbohydrate. If you sweetened with a non-caloric sweetener, and had a reasonable 2 tbsp serving, that's only about a single gram of carbohydrate.
This recipe has a small amount of cornstarch to thicken - you could omit if you felt it necessary, but again, its a very small amount and you are only eating a very small portion.
• 1 teaspoon cornstarch
• 1 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated (= 24 packets)
• 1/2 cup water
• 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
• 1 medium orange, zested (1 tsp of dried)
Directions
1. Combine cornstarch, SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener and water in a medium saucepan, stirring until SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener and cornstarch dissolve. Stir in cranberries and orange zest; bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes or until cranberry skins begin to pop and mixture begins to thicken. Set aside to cool. Cover and chill at least 3 hours.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #482  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
WOW. thanks for the link. I'm a recipe freak. It has helped me so much get through the 10+ months I've been on IP. Plus plan for the future.

Molly
I'm so glad you found some of these helpful! I agree--I am obsessed with finding recipes and making new ways of cooking dishes my focus. I tend to do things with the protein and veggies and not as much with the packets, but I like to play with everything! Let me know if you try anything and what you like.

Debra
Old 12-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #483  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Default Brunch recipe ideas

I found these recently and thought of MomPattie's request for IP friendly holiday brunch ideas. I think both of these would work. The mushroom caps use Daiya soy cheese so it depends on if your coach allows you to have it. The Ham Puffs are recipe I got on the threads a long time ago, I think from Finn Steven.

Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Ingredients:
12 medium-sized white or crimini mushrooms (2” to 2 ½” in diameter)
3 medium shallots
4 cloves of garlic
1 lemon
2 tsp. dairy-free butter (for IP use Olive Oil)
1 cup of Daiya Mozzarella Style Shreds
6 sprigs of fresh Italian (flat) parsley, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
Black pepper to taste
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350°. Clean mushrooms and remove the stems. Place mushrooms on a baking sheet or in a muffin tin, which holds them well for stuffing purposes, and set them aside while you make the stuffing.
Finely chop shallots and garlic. Melt butter in small pan and sauté shallots and garlic until soft and slightly browned. Cut lemon in two and squeeze the juice into the pan, and cook a little longer.
Remove pan from stove and put shallot mixture in a small mixing bowl, using some of the liquid but not too much. Let that cool and then add the Daiya Shreds, chopped parsley and some pepper to taste. Mix together and stuff the mushroom caps, mounding them slightly. Place in oven and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked through and the cheesy stuffing is slightly browned.
Serve and enjoy.

SAVORY CHICKEN/ HAM PUFFS
(All Phases. Serves 2) :
Delicious and portable! Great for lunch! Especially helpful for those just starting the diet who need to snack often during the day until the ketosis kicks in and you dont feel hungry all the time. Because it uses egg whites which are minimal protein and calories, and veggies, this is a great recipe to make and eat 1-2 puffs throughough the da...y.
Ingredients:
1- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and diced (using less chicken allows you to eat all of the portions (12) in one day. Using two breasts means you eat half the batch...about 6 portions in one day) Also see notes for other meat suggestions:
5 egg whites
1 cup celery, minced
2 tbsp red or green bell pepper
¼ tsp black pepper
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp sea salt
Olive oil cooking spray
OPTIONAL: Additional veggies...add 1 or all. I used all.
1/4 cup frozen or fresh chopped raw onion
1/4 - 1/2 cup minced mushrooms (canned or fresh)
1/4 - 1/2 cup fresh alfalpha sprouts and/or mung bean sprouts

Directions:
1. Beat egg whites
2. Mix all ingredients well in a medium bowl.
3. Spoon into 6 well-sprayed muffin cups.
4. Bake at 350 F (about 180 C) 30-35 minutes, until set and lightly browned.

I also added additional veggies to stretch the batch and get more vegetables in my diet, since I sometimes find it hard to get everything in.
If you are in a rush, you can substitute chopped precooked ham or turkey for the chicken. (I have even just taken a scissors to lunch meat slices to cut into tiny pieces and add in. If I dont want to use all of my meat protein for the day, just use more veggies and a couple of chopped ham slices to flavor the puffs, but still have a leftover allowance of meat protein for later in the day.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #484  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Default Spinach Salad

I know we all know one way to get your veggies in is to add spinach to your shake, but for those of us who like raw spinach, this is great.

My BFF gave me this recipe years ago when I was way overweight. She's not and has healthy things and this was so good and only needed slight modifications.

Spinach Salad
Serves 4
10-12 oz fresh raw spiniach
small onion - sliced
1 C fresh sliced mushrooms
8 slices of bacon - cooked crisp - crumbled (optional for those on Phase 1)

Dressing
1/3 C extra virgin olive oil
1/4 C sugar (substitute with 6 packets of Splenda or sweetener of choice)
1/4 C apple cider vinegar
salt & pepper to taste
shake of Parmesan (for those on phase 4)

Add all dressing ingredients in a jar. Shake to combine
Mix together veggies and bacon, if you choose to add the bacon.
Pour on the dressing and mix well.
Enjoy.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #485  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

I made a delicious (if I do say so myself lol) sugar free terriyaki sauce the other day that I put over steamed chicken and broccoli. I didn't measure out the ingredients but you can add however much you think you'd enjoy:

Whisk soy sauce and a tiny amount of Walden Farms pancake syrup with ginger, mustard and garlic powders. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds until bubbly and pour over your meal!

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 12-30-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #486  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I made a delicious (if I do say so myself lol) sugar free terriyaki sauce the other day that I put over steamed chicken and broccoli. I didn't measure out the ingredients but you can add however much you think you'd enjoy:

Wisk soy sauce and a tiny amount of Walden Farms pancake syrup with ginger, mustard and garlic powders. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds until bubbly and pour over your meal!
sounds yummy!!! You have done a great job on the program!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #487  

Thanks Holly. You have done outstanding and I know you can get these last 15 pounds off, no problem!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #488  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Thanks Holly. You have done outstanding and I know you can get these last 15 pounds off, no problem!!!
Thank you! I will keep re-reading this message off and on tomorrow as I will need the motivation!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #489  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

This is not necessarily a recipe, just an idea I read on another site. I tried it tonight and it was pretty good!

Mix 10 oz of warm water with one packet of raspberry jello and one packet of wildberry yogurt. Blend well (I used my shaker cup), then refrigerate until set. This took at least an hour, maybe more. I left, then came back about 2 hours later and it was ready. Obviously, this will make two unrestricted servings.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #490  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Quote:

Whisk soy sauce and a tiny amount of Walden Farms pancake syrup with ginger, mustard and garlic powders. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds until bubbly and pour over your meal!
I just tried this and it's really good! thanks for the tip
Old 01-03-2013, 10:49 PM   #491  

S/C/G: 221/163/130

Height: 5'2"

My version is 1 tablespoon WF pancake syrup with 1 tablespoon WF Asian sauce and a splash of soya sauce. I cook my protein in the actifry with minced garlic and add the sauce when it's cooked half way. Yummy
Old 01-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #492  

Garlic Broccoli

Sauté 2 cloves of garlic in 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add broccoli, ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes and a sprinkle of salt and cook until tender.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #493  

Very simple but delicious homemade salad dressing:

Oil
Apple Cider Vinegar
Lemon Juice
Mustard
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Power
Old 01-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #494  

S/C/G: 182/182/140

Height: 5’8

Default Grey Sheet Recipe

When I first started IP, the clinic suggested grey sheet recipes, mostly phase 1 friendly. Also the recipes cover how to cook vegetables I was unfamiliar with, which sadly were half of the select veggies.

Enjoy!

http://greysheetrecipes.org/
Old 01-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #495  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELhyme View Post
When I first started IP, the clinic suggested grey sheet recipes, mostly phase 1 friendly. Also the recipes cover how to cook vegetables I was unfamiliar with, which sadly were half of the select veggies.

Enjoy!

http://greysheetrecipes.org/
I scanned some of the recipes and there are a lot of non-IP compliant foods on here so watch the ingredient lists.
Closed Thread