Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #121  

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Lisa32989 - WOW! Look at you shrinking away! Great new pics!
Your new pics are awesome!!!! You have changed sooo much!!! You look so infant and youthful!!! LOVE your last picture pretty lady, kicking up your heels at your sons wedding?
Old 10-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #122  
started IP 10/22/12

S/C/G: 185/143/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
As someone who watches the stars and planets and moon phases, I have great appreciation for those old calendars that judged time by what was happening in nature/the night sky. I was so very thrilled when for a period of about five years, my TOM started every month on the full moon. That ended when I had an emergency appendectomy. I was so disappointed.

But that's the geeky night sky nerd in me.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!
I could have written this post ....well except for the appendectomy part. From age 27 til I hit Menopause, TOM always arrived when the moon was full. It always made me feel even more connected to Nature. Right now it is at 99% illumination, but I don't have to worry about TOM anymore.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 205/182 start IP/170/125

Height: 5'1"

Cool

halloween party last night went great. Lots of teens in the house and we made a bon fire outside too! Some really great costumes, and our yearly "mad scientest" drink bar I had fixed an 8 oz. portion of pork loin and had it on a cutting board on the stove, sliced and with WF honey BBQ on it and they actually thought it was a prop!! I did great though, didn't eat anything they had, but I did have my restricted soy puffs around 7 so I had a treat with them.

WI yesterday, lost 1.8 lbs but we started with a new measuring tape so no measurements. last week when we did my measurements with the new tape they were way off...actually lost weight and gained inches! so, we just started over this week with new measurements since our old tape was shredding on a brighter note, my jeans fit really lose now and I feel great! My BP is becoming steady and much lower! Of course, everyone wants the BIG numbers, but I have never had them so I am always happy with any kind of a loss!

Happy Sunday!
Old 10-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #124  
SMB

S/C/G: 205/189/140

Height: 5'4"

I've had a cold for, yes, 16 days now. Enough is enough....I'm doing what makes me feel better. Tylenol cold, Lipton's chicken noodle soup, Neo-Citrin. I've been suffering through this without meds b/c I didn't want to cheat, but I just can't anymore. Whatever weight gain comes, comes!
Old 10-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

I keep getting the comments, "you look good now so you need to stop losing weight" or"you don't want to lose too much weight" or "you're gonna blow away." All I want is to lose weight where I'm medically healthy. And I'm almost there (i'm shooting for 140). But it's so discouraging to hear people say this stuff. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 10-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticiabean View Post
I keep getting the comments, "you look good now so you need to stop losing weight" or"you don't want to lose too much weight" or "you're gonna blow away." All I want is to lose weight where I'm medically healthy. And I'm almost there (i'm shooting for 140). But it's so discouraging to hear people say this stuff. Has anyone else experienced this?
You look fabulous!! Do what you feel is right for you and ignore the naysayers!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Height: 5'6"

A couple of NSVs for me in the past few days...

Cholesterol went from high 200s and LDL in the 100s to 146 with LDL of 77 without meds... just this diet and walking (w/ a little jogging thrown in) 3-4 miles/day. CRAZY great!

Fit into a size 16 pair of jeans last night... haven't worn that size for 20 years. Granted, I couldn't BREATHE very well, but holy crap, my arse looked good! lol! Within a week or two, they'll fit splendidly... and then will be too big.

Last edited by SDChickie; 10-28-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Happy Saturday everyone! Today is IP day 90 for me. Nothing feels better than 100% OP. THAT is where the learning opportunities are. Figuring out how to STAY OP despite everything life has to offer. It is easy to stray. It is harder to learn how to stick with it. Let's learn THAT lesson today. Make today a no-cheat day and there will be no cheating reported tomorrow.
Congrats on 90 Days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
Thank you so much for your responses earlier about my difficulty seeing that I have lost a lot of weight when looking at myself. It is good to know that others have this same problem.

We are gearing up for Sandy, too, although I don't think it will be too bad here. I hope everyone stays safe.

Today I made it below 200! I lost 4.4 pounds last week, this is the first time I have lost this much weight in one week since the first week. My goal is to lose 3.6 pounds in the next three weeks and have 70 pounds lost in my first six months. Of course I am also hoping to have 18.1 pounds lost by December 31st (I have to add my next goal, now that I am so close to making my current goal). IP really works. The last time I worked at losing weight it took me 2 years to lose 70 pounds.

Good luck at staying 100%.

Thank you everyone, reading about your struggles helps me through mine.
Congrats on making it to below 200!

I use old bay seasoning when I grill asparagus, yum

Been reading the old posts.
Scared, this is when I normally quit my diet, everyone is complementing me, I am 20 from goal.

Hanging in
Old 10-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Default Big Mac In A Bowl...who knew????

I could kiss whoever made up that recipe! Genius I had to refrain from licking the plate. Perfect meal to help satisfy with TOM lurking on the horizon. Been craving chocolate big time...Da#n you TOM

Mandy
Old 10-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #130  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticiabean View Post
LOL -- I'm WAITING for the day I can be annoyed by people saying I look like I'll blow away! BUT I know what you're saying. Be proud of you and don't worry about what anyone thinks but you. Use the "I'm on a medically supervised diet" thing that others say, or just say "thank you -- I've worked hard at getting to this healthy weight!" and leave it at that

I think the world is getting so used to "obese" being the norm that many people don't even know what a healthy weight is -- just like most don't know what proper proportions for food anymore in this "supersized" society
Old 10-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #131  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChickie View Post
A couple of NSVs for me in the past few days...

Fit into a size 16 pair of jeans last night... haven't worn that size for 20 years. Granted, I couldn't BREATHE very well, but holy crap, my arse looked good! lol! ...
Breathing is overrated at times! LOL... It may have taken a shoe-horn and WD 40 to get you into those babies, but you got 'em on! Hey, the "80s" styles are all back in, and I remember many a day in my 'skinnier' time lying on the bed to zip my "road runner jeans" on so I could go rollerskating in style

.... wow... that was just a little mental journey down memory lane ... wonder if I still know how to get my hair to be "big"....
Old 10-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #132  
IP start 09/04/2012

S/C/G: 191.4/161/155

Height: 5'7"

WI Yesterday and another 2 lbs gone forever!
Old 10-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #133  

Does anyone know how to join the Nashua Nutrition Diet Club? I searched all over that website and couldn't find it. Thanks
Old 10-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #134  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neast View Post
Does anyone know how to join the Nashua Nutrition Diet Club? I searched all over that website and couldn't find it. Thanks
Send a note in the. Notes section of your order. They'll add it.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Breathing is overrated at times! LOL... It may have taken a shoe-horn and WD 40 to get you into those babies, but you got 'em on! Hey, the "80s" styles are all back in, and I remember many a day in my 'skinnier' time lying on the bed to zip my "road runner jeans" on so I could go rollerskating in style

.... wow... that was just a little mental journey down memory lane ... wonder if I still know how to get my hair to be "big"....

YEAH, baby! I just went to the traveling version of Rock of Ages (the Broadway musical whose movie version I boycotted on account of Tom Cruise being a rocker... REALLY?!) last weekend and rocked the big 80s hair. Didn't really have any of the clothes saved (although I guess they would've FIT me! lol), but oh MY, there were some 80s stylin' peeps there! Seriously funny stuff!
Closed Thread