Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #16  

Happy Saturday everyone! Today is IP day 90 for me. Nothing feels better than 100% OP. THAT is where the learning opportunities are. Figuring out how to STAY OP despite everything life has to offer. It is easy to stray. It is harder to learn how to stick with it. Let's learn THAT lesson today. Make today a no-cheat day and there will be no cheating reported tomorrow.

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-27-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #17  
started IP 10/22/12

S/C/G: 185/143/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post

BTW: a little math trick I learned says how Halloween and Christmas are related because OCT 31 = DEC 31 ... that is 31 in the numbering system that only counts up to 7 before going back to 0 with a carry is the same quantity as 25 in the numbering system that counts up to 9 before going back to 0 with a carry.
huh?
Old 10-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #18  

Good morning, everyone! I did have a birthday party to attend today, but my son woke up this morning sick. So, I'll be spending the day hanging out at home with him. Hope everyone has a great day OP.

Last edited by Kay2012; 10-27-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelessme View Post
huh?
Yeah, what you said! haha! Fishette made my head hurt with that little doozie!
Old 10-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #20  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Weigh to go, Vvei!! You've got this.

Gee, I've never heard of trick-or-treat in any night except Oct 31. Is this a special thing or should I expect doorbells tonight?

BTW: a little math trick I learned says how Halloween and Christmas are related because OCT 31 = DEC 31 ... that is 31 in the numbering system that only counts up to 7 before going back to 0 with a carry is the same quantity as 25 in the numbering system that counts up to 9 before going back to 0 with a carry.
A lot of towns do safe trick-or-treat downtown during the day before halloween. We are going to one in our town as well today. By the way now my head hurts

Taking the kids to safe trick or treat today- going to be a bit chilly here in N. Wisconsin. Because it has been getting colder I tried on my winter coat from last year and it hangs, so I went and tried on my columbia from when I was 40 lbs lighter than I am now- it's a little tight, but it won't be long at it will fit really nicely. YAY NSV. Hope everyone has a great 100% OP saturday/weekend.

Last edited by blessedamberly; 10-27-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 169/140/130

Height: 5'3"

Happy weekend everyone!! It was a long stressfull week for me and I could tell when I woke up at 7:30, then went to bed and slept 'till 9! I like to sleep in, but 9??? I'll probably want a nap today too! LOL!!

My husband took me out last night for supper. It's hard when that is how he wants to treat me well but there isn't anything I can eat! We need to find something else to do besides eating. We like dancing but last night I was WAY to tired to move my feet! I asked for the steamed veggies to be plain but they come in a bag w/ butter that they just heat so there was butter on them. I know butter is bad but will that throw off my kitosis this week? It seems like every week I mess up with something.

Now to get motivated to clean the house that somehow got horribly messy when no one was home all week!
Old 10-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #22  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning! Just got home from running errands (stock up time at the nutrition store, got me some WLS cheesecake, a new omelet to try, my beloved Cocomint Creme, and the WLS veggie chili), now on to some chores then a double shot of trick or treating! Our downtown also does a "safe" Trick or treat this afternoon, and then at 3 my church does a "trunk or treat" event in the church parking lot. I figure with things so up in the air with Sandy, this is a chance to make sure the kids get some good trick or treat time in case Wednesday is a no-go.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, and those who get to see Sandy first are safe!
Old 10-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriKay View Post
My husband took me out last night for supper. It's hard when that is how he wants to treat me well but there isn't anything I can eat! We need to find something else to do besides eating. We like dancing but last night I was WAY to tired to move my feet! I asked for the steamed veggies to be plain but they come in a bag w/ butter that they just heat so there was butter on them. I know butter is bad but will that throw off my ketosis this week? It seems like every week I mess up with something.
Butter doesn't throw off ketosis. Carbs do. Atkins is also a ketognic diet and it is higher fat. What the butter does is add more fat, which is also restricted on IP. When we eat fat, we'll burn that first, rather than burning the stored fat we're trying to burn. That is why fat is limited to the 1-2 tsp/day our bodies need to function.

I had a similar thing happen this week. I asked for plain, steamed veggies with my steak and got greasy veggies. I sent them back and got something they didn't have to throw extra fat on. My plan: If a restaurant can't accommodate me, then I go somewhere else next time. They lose the business. My health comes first and THAT is why I am on IP.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #24  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
ugh, stupid Sandy. She is stressing me out, I have been looking forward to my NYC trip for months, my flight is Tuesday night, and I keep checking my flight info all the time. it did say it is waiving cancel charges, so worst comes to worst i guess I fly out Wednesday night or thursday night, maybe stay longer. Being a florida native I know this storms sometimes have a mind of there own and change every moment...I guess i will just vent and wait... makes me want to eat pancakes this morning! IP pancakes of course.

Enough about me, how have you all been? i haven't checked in , in forever!!!
You look GREAT, glad to see you checking in. When mother nature interferes with what we look forward too its not so good. Looks like you may have to reschedule that trip, don't think Sandy is going to let up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelRN View Post
Hi, I am new to this whole thing...and honestly, new to dieting and sticking with it. I am almost finished with the first week of IP, and I can't believe I have actually stuck with it! I noticed our weight goals are identical...I started at 165, and my goal is 130! My scale at home says I have lost 8 pounds already (this is day 5), but I can't wait to see what the real weigh in shows on Monday! I am from the south, and we LOVE to eat and cook. I've been making different recipes with the products (Vanilla drink mix with pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon is getting me through my Fall cravings). So, the packets are killing me, but I'm hoping to meet my goal by Thanksgiving or a week after, so that hopefully by Christmas I can be enjoying the maintenance phase and eat real food and maintain long term weight loss. I was just wondering if you all could tell me how to do this whole forum thing...i want a ticker...and how do I get to recipes? If any of you have any tips/tricks I would love to hear, I really want to do this, this time! I am dedicated to staying in it until I reach 130! I have also noticed I feel a LOT better in general on this diet. I'm not tired and achy, it's great! Thanks in advance for any assistance ya'll can give me!
Welcome to the IP family, make sure the LA/MS thread we have around here. Lots of LA peeps on this board, may find someone close to you and become "buddies".
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Happy Saturday everyone! Today is IP day 90 for me. Nothing feels better than 100% OP. THAT is where the learning opportunities are. Figuring out how to STAY OP despite everything life has to offer. It is easy to stray. It is harder to learn how to stick with it. Lets learn THAT lesson today. Make today a no cheat day and there will be no cheating reported tomorrow.
AMEN!!...ONLY way to be 100% to get the BEST results!!!

Good morning everyone, enjoying this cooler weather with a good cup of coffee
Old 10-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 205/182 start IP/170/125

Height: 5'1"

Cool Seltzer Water

Do you guys use the "cant believe its not butter"? I got some seltzer water (carbonated water 0/0/0) and added some of my stevie drops to it, tried grape and rootbeer. both were good, and gave me that bubbly like a soda when we went out last night WI in like 40 minutes so I am hoping for great results. Been 99.9% OP for 27 days now. (Think I may have cooked my onions too long one night )

You all stay safe from Sandy and the Winter blast heading your way.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #26  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChickie View Post
Yeah, what you said! haha! Fishette made my head hurt with that little doozie!
No, really, this is fun! You can amaze your friends and impress your kids!

The Octal system is as if you count on your fingers but you don't count the thumbs. So 25 units in the Octal system counts like:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 30, 31 (skipping 8 and 9 for each thumb)

which is the same total number of units as the Decimal system:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25

Count them for yourself! Then OCT 31 = DEC 25!

OK, I've outed myself as another geek!
Old 10-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 264.5/185.3/150

Height: 5'1"

Thank you so much for your responses earlier about my difficulty seeing that I have lost a lot of weight when looking at myself. It is good to know that others have this same problem.

We are gearing up for Sandy, too, although I don't think it will be too bad here. I hope everyone stays safe.

Today I made it below 200! I lost 4.4 pounds last week, this is the first time I have lost this much weight in one week since the first week. My goal is to lose 3.6 pounds in the next three weeks and have 70 pounds lost in my first six months. Of course I am also hoping to have 18.1 pounds lost by December 31st (I have to add my next goal, now that I am so close to making my current goal). IP really works. The last time I worked at losing weight it took me 2 years to lose 70 pounds.

Good luck at staying 100%.

Thank you everyone, reading about your struggles helps me through mine.

Last edited by KathrynRose; 10-27-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #28  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

Gotta luv Costco: My DH just returned from there to get extra water to prep for Sandy, but he comes home with an induction hot plate! It heats up food by making the pot hot, but the hot plate itself does not get hot. You can remove a boiling pot of water off the plate and put your hand on the plate and not feel any heat. It works through magnets exciting the iron in the pot (which means it doesn't work if your cookware is aluminum with no iron alloys). I can't wait to try it!
Old 10-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
Today I made it below 200! I lost 4.4 pounds last week, this is the first time I have lost this much weight in one week since the first week. My goal is to lose 2.1 pounds in the next three weeks and have 70 pounds lost in my first six months. Of course I am also hoping to have 18.1 pounds lost by December 31st (I have to add my next goal, now that I am so close to making my current goal). IP really works. The last time I worked at losing weight it took me 2 years to lose 70 pounds.

Good luck at staying 100%.

Thank you everyone, reading about your struggles helps me through mine.

ONDERLAND!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #30  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

Weigh to go, KathrynRose!!! This is the last diet you will ever need!
Closed Thread