Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #61  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
What months did they add?
July and August! Don't ask me historically why -- haven't got a clue. I understand why leap year exists, but I'm not sure how or why they decided to add 62 days to the year, or if they made months smaller... my trivia is limited
Old 10-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Just realized you are from Nova Scotia. I am originally from there and will be checking in with my family, including my elderly mother as the storm makes it's way in that direction.
I hope it does not develop as badly as they are predicting.
Pat
Hi Pat

I was wondering if the NS in your name was for Nova Scotia, guess you are another displaced Maritimer in Alberta!

I hope you are correct about the storm. Last year they over-predicted a "big" storm that turned out to be nothing. Better to think and prepare for the worst than vs versa! Hope your family is safe!

Last edited by Willi; 10-27-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezie68 View Post
Hi everyone Just started IP today. Was not thrilled about my initial weigh in and measurements. Can't wait to see those numbers change!!
I HATED my initial weight and measurements. But I've posted the starting weight for all to see. And guess what? It changed. And I never have to go back there Our new path will deliver us from those weights and measurements we hate
to IP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
Hi all! 2nd weigh-in 7.8 more pounds down woo!
Wow! How great for you! Only my first weigh-in was big. Enjoy!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Happy Saturday everyone! Today is IP day 90 for me. Nothing feels better than 100% OP. THAT is where the learning opportunities are. Figuring out how to STAY OP despite everything life has to offer. It is easy to stray. It is harder to learn how to stick with it. Let's learn THAT lesson today. Make today a no-cheat day and there will be no cheating reported tomorrow.
Love it! And thanks for a little inspiration

Mandy
Old 10-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone can share their opinions on the Novi Cleanse. I did read the archive threads where the opinions were mixed and many said the whole cleanse concept is controversial in the medical community. What I'd like to know is did you decide to do it or not? And if you did do it, do you think it benefited you or not? If you had it to do over, would you still do it? Thanks so much!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone can share their opinions on the Novi Cleanse. I did read the archive threads where the opinions were mixed and many said the whole cleanse concept is controversial in the medical community. What I'd like to know is did you decide to do it or not? And if you did do it, do you think it benefited you or not? If you had it to do over, would you still do it? Thanks so much!
I decided to do it, but didn't find it did much and no difference in weight loss.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #67  

Could anyone please tell me what OLD BAY seasoning is? I have seen it here on the boards, but I'm not familiar with it. What do you use it for? What is the taste? Is it something I should try? THANKS!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezie68 View Post
Hi everyone Just started IP today. Was not thrilled about my initial weigh in and measurements. Can't wait to see those numbers change!!
Welcome....this diet will change those numbers if you follow the plan and don't cheat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern View Post
think i'll go out tonight and just have water to prove to myself i'm strong enough to do it
You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
Hi all! 2nd weigh-in 7.8 more pounds down woo!
Wow amazing! Great job!
Old 10-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #69  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Could anyone please tell me what OLD BAY seasoning is? I have seen it here on the boards, but I'm not familiar with it. What do you use it for? What is the taste? Is it something I should try? THANKS!!!
Can't help you with Old Bay Seasoning, but I can tell you that OLD SPICE has a pretty sexy dude on the commercials!
Old 10-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #70  

I've always known Old Bay as a seafood seasoning. Here is more info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Bay_Seasoning
Old 10-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #71  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
I have done other cleanses that I found I could tell I was on a cleanse more than this one- but perhaps in a more uncomfortable way. My coach gave me reduced amounts as she felt the Novicleanse was too harsh as written and she only had me on it for 14 days, not 21. I don't know that the NoviCleanse did anything either way, but it wasn't unpleasant. The concept of cleanses in general is a good one. You get a lot of build up on your intestines, so they can't absorb as many nutrients and become blocked. The cleanse concept is that it helps you get rid of the build up so things work more effectively overall. My coach said you should do a cleanse week 7 (I think) and then every 25 lbs of weight loss.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #72  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
YOU WOULD LIKE IT!!.......its got some "kick" to it.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #73  

What kinds of things do you use OLD BAY on Lisa?
Old 10-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #74  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

i use it to season my fish or chicken, have boiled my veggies in it....boiled shrimp...lots of stuff...lol
Old 10-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #75  

Thanks! I think I'm going to try it!!
Closed Thread