Height: 5'1"

Thank you!
Old 10-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #32  
started IP 10/22/12

S/C/G: 185/143/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
No, really, this is fun! You can amaze your friends and impress your kids!

The Octal system is as if you count on your fingers but you don't count the thumbs. So 25 units in the Octal system counts like:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 30, 31 (skipping 8 and 9 for each thumb)

which is the same total number of units as the Decimal system:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25

Count them for yourself! Then OCT 31 = DEC 25!

OK, I've outed myself as another geek!
what I want to know is....
How many calories will I burn trying to figure this out?
Old 10-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #33  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
Today I made it below 200! I lost 4.4 pounds last week, this is the first time I have lost this much weight in one week since the first week. My goal is to lose 3.6 pounds in the next three weeks and have 70 pounds lost in my first six months. Of course I am also hoping to have 18.1 pounds lost by December 31st (I have to add my next goal, now that I am so close to making my current goal). IP really works. The last time I worked at losing weight it took me 2 years to lose 70 pounds.

Good luck at staying 100%.

Thank you everyone, reading about your struggles helps me through mine.
Congratulations!!!! Way to go, KathrynRose! You are doing fantastic.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
Thank you so much for your responses earlier about my difficulty seeing that I have lost a lot of weight when looking at myself. It is good to know that others have this same problem.

We are gearing up for Sandy, too, although I don't think it will be too bad here. I hope everyone stays safe.

Today I made it below 200! I lost 4.4 pounds last week, this is the first time I have lost this much weight in one week since the first week. My goal is to lose 3.6 pounds in the next three weeks and have 70 pounds lost in my first six months. Of course I am also hoping to have 18.1 pounds lost by December 31st (I have to add my next goal, now that I am so close to making my current goal). IP really works. The last time I worked at losing weight it took me 2 years to lose 70 pounds.

Good luck at staying 100%.

Thank you everyone, reading about your struggles helps me through mine.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is AMAZING!

I cannot wait until I make it under 200, it's been so long!
Old 10-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #35  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon! I lurk a lot, but this is my first time posting on the daily chat. I've been busy preparing for Sandy today. Trying to find D batteries in my town is impossible today! My husband and son are at a Boy Scout event, so we will tie down deck furniture, get the generator out, etc., after they get home this evening. I'm in Maryland, about an hour west of Baltimore, fairly close to the storm's path, and pretty worried about it! Although I know it is so huge that many people will feel the effects...
I'm well stocked on IP packets, but a little concerned about staying OP if we lose power. I'll do my best, though!
Good luck and stay safe to anyone else in Sandy's path!
Old 10-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Past week has been rough. I made the decision to stop my BC last week, and while I think it was the right decision, my body is all sorts of confused.

I've been spotting for about a week, and today I actually started TOM. Full force, hurting, aching. I just want to sleep for days. And the cravings are very intense. I am so hungry, and want to eat nothing but chocolate. Today I've already had peanut soy balls, a chocolate shake, double chocolate bar, and a big salad with ground chicken.

It's only 2pm and I could eat a horse (covered in chocolate).

I've been downing water and drinking lots of hot, herbal tea but it's really hard today. I'm heading to work 3-11 and can hopefully escape :-(
Old 10-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #37  

Height: 5'8

frustrated and defeated this weekend.
numbers are just not where i want them to be.
don't know if i should add more veggies, go back to shakes, eat less meat..

hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow
Old 10-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Past week has been rough. I made the decision to stop my BC last week, and while I think it was the right decision, my body is all sorts of confused.

I've been spotting for about a week, and today I actually started TOM. Full force, hurting, aching. I just want to sleep for days. And the cravings are very intense. I am so hungry, and want to eat nothing but chocolate. Today I've already had peanut soy balls, a chocolate shake, double chocolate bar, and a big salad with ground chicken.

I've been downing water and drinking lots of hot, herbal tea but it's really hard today. I'm heading to work 3-11 and can hopefully escape :-(
Anna I made the same decision 3 days ago. I can totally understand how miserable you are right now. The hormones are insane from IP alone and adding BC on top of it...YIKES! I stopped my BC because I was spotting all the time and miserable. This weekend TOM arrived and I am actually contemplating looking through my medicine cabinet to find my percocet from my last c-section! I had to go unload a truck because I volunteered for Bountiful Baskets and actually the vigorous exercise helped. I am going to take more aleve because we are now headed to a bowling Halloween party. I have my chocolate RTD and a Chocolate peanutbutter bar to fight the chocolate cravings. I will be surrounded by cupcakes and goodies but I am not worried.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #39  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern View Post

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!.....eat 8oz of meat NO LESS....don't go by those dang numbers!!!!....how do you feel? how are your clothes fitting?are you eating 4 cups of veggies total?
Old 10-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post

Hang in there, Anna!! White knuckle it. Tomorrow will definitely be better. You have my empathy!!

Quote:

Are you weighing every day? If so I strongly suggest cutting back. When I first started IP I was scale addicted and this was the first week I made it an entire week without weighing in. The results feel so much more satisfying that way. You're driving yourself crazy with all the fluctuations, which are pretty normal on this diet from what I've read.

Hang in there! Remember that weight loss is not always linear. We want that instant gratification but smaller losses are good losses too!
Old 10-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #41  
started IP 10/22/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam67green View Post
Good afternoon! I lurk a lot, but this is my first time posting on the daily chat. I've been busy preparing for Sandy today. Trying to find D batteries in my town is impossible today! My husband and son are at a Boy Scout event, so we will tie down deck furniture, get the generator out, etc., after they get home this evening. I'm in Maryland, about an hour west of Baltimore, fairly close to the storm's path, and pretty worried about it! Although I know it is so huge that many people will feel the effects...
I'm well stocked on IP packets, but a little concerned about staying OP if we lose power. I'll do my best, though!
Good luck and stay safe to anyone else in Sandy's path!
Hello neighbor ! I live west of Baltimore too. But I am not worried about the storm yet. I think it's too soon to tell. We will probably get alot of wind and rain. But we're used to that here.
As far as staying OP, I will make alot of herbal ice tea and pick up some Ready to Drink when I weigh in on Monday. I also have grilled chicken breast, grilled steak strips and a ton of prepped veggies. I can eat it cold if I have to. We have a generator too....but we have never had to use it in the entire 7 years we have had it.
Stay dry !
Old 10-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #42  
started IP 10/22/12

I f looking at Wuv's photos doesn't motivate you to stay 100% OP. I don't know what will.

Thanks Wuv! You are amazing.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelessme View Post
I f looking at Wuv's photos doesn't motivate you to stay 100% OP. I don't know what will.

Thanks Wuv! You are amazing.
You are welcome, this is exactly why I post as much as I do. I can't express how important it is to stay 100% to see the results that I have!
Old 10-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
NO NO NO NO NO!!!!.....eat 8oz of meat NO LESS....don't go by those dang numbers!!!!....how do you feel? how are your clothes fitting?are you eating 4 cups of veggies total?
up until yesterday i've felt great then yesterday sadness just took over
clothing is fitting better, skin looks great. i think the gloomy weather and avoiding social activity (eating out/drinking) is just starting to get to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post

Are you weighing every day? If so I strongly suggest cutting back. When I first started IP I was scale addicted and this was the first week I made it an entire week without weighing in. The results feel so much more satisfying that way. You're driving yourself crazy with all the fluctuations, which are pretty normal on this diet from what I've read.

Hang in there! Remember that weight loss is not always linear. We want that instant gratification but smaller losses are good losses too!
i confess, i do weigh daily. it's almost an obsession

*picks self off of couch*
new day tomorrow
Old 10-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #45  

Quote:
up until yesterday i've felt great then yesterday sadness just took over
clothing is fitting better, skin looks great. i think the gloomy weather and avoiding social activity (eating out/drinking) is just starting to get to me

i confess, i do weigh daily. it's almost an obsession

*picks self off of couch*
new day tomorrow
well honey, winter is setting in so get used of the gloomy weather its going to be around awhile. Why are you avoiding social activities? You don't need to DRINK to have fun, its about the company you are with, have a bubbly water with lemon or lime twist, no one would know the difference but YOU. You are going to have to learn to adjust to these kinda situations. Don't be ashamed!!....take PRIDE in doing this, this is a HUGE thing for you.....you are making a POSITIVE lifestyle change, that is what it is all about!......I'm coming to STEAL your scale......BREAK that obsession!!! who lives clothes to you??...I am going to send them to get it from you and HIDE IT!.....lol
Closed Thread