Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #91  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Lord knows I'd skip Jan and Feb if I could! It seems odd that the Mayans could predict so accurately according to their ancient calendars and others just judged the time passing by the type of "moon" it was...

Anyway, thanks for looking stuff up! Who knows what you'll learn next on 3FC!
Oh, yes, the Mayan calendar also has an adjustable period of time to reset the calendar each year - it floats around 10 days. Maybe their winters weren't so bad.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #92  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Lisa32989 - WOW! Look at you shrinking away! Great new pics!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Could anyone please tell me what OLD BAY seasoning is? I have seen it here on the boards, but I'm not familiar with it. What do you use it for? What is the taste? Is it something I should try? THANKS!!!
It's a spice blend mainly used in seafood dishes.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
My coach couldn't get any of the WF Thousand Island dressing last time I was there. I bet it's because so many of us are making "big mac in a bowl" that they're running low! I hope she has it next time I go. But the creamy bacon is a close substitute.

Re: dressings: I just found another dressing by Renees in the store that is a pomegranite/blueberry dressing for 0/0/1(sugar). It makes me feel a bit like I'm having fruit but it still fits into the category close enough that I think it's ok to use once in awhile. I like when things are available in the grocery store at a reasonable price too.
I see you are in Ontario, I get my WF thousand islands at loblaws....they have many others too, not sure if you have one close or not. Thought I would let you know.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #95  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
LOL! I picked out carrots today too! I had a great spinach salad. It was supposed to come with glazed salmon (glaze=sugar). I asked for broiled chicken & no dressing (O&V on side). Then there were the carrots! Next time I'll know to say no carrots
Lisa, Lisa, Lisa! You look fantastic! What a change in such short time. You're doing so well!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Well I am on day 5 of my restart.....feeling pretty good. I started back at the clinic too and they were great, said if I needed to go everyday to see them, then do it. Lol. I haven't had to yet

Crappy rain today, so housebound I think, then to my dads for a turkey dinner.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #97  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Lord knows I'd skip Jan and Feb if I could! It seems odd that the Mayans could predict so accurately according to their ancient calendars and others just judged the time passing by the type of "moon" it was...

Anyway, thanks for looking stuff up! Who knows what you'll learn next on 3FC!
As someone who watches the stars and planets and moon phases, I have great appreciation for those old calendars that judged time by what was happening in nature/the night sky. I was so very thrilled when for a period of about five years, my TOM started every month on the full moon. That ended when I had an emergency appendectomy. I was so disappointed.

But that's the geeky night sky nerd in me.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #98  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
Lisa, Lisa, Lisa! You look fantastic! What a change in such short time. You're doing so well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Lisa32989 - WOW! Look at you shrinking away! Great new pics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi View Post
OMG Lisa - great pics. What a difference. Your tummy and hips have shrunk. So nice to see the changes. You must notice a big difference in your clothes!!!
Thanks guys! People who see me frequently haven't said a word. I showed hubby the side-by-sides yesterday and he said "yup". I think he's still skeptical I'll stick with it long-term. He met me when I was taking my Atkins break (175-180). Still above goal but smaller than now and certainly smaller than 90 days ago.

I was thinking he needs "retraining" but not really. He's from Missouri - the Show Me state. He doesn't know my feelings inside. I don't have that "white-knuckle-barely-holding-on feeling. I'm really solid in what I'm doing. He'll come around. It'll probly take 40 or 50 more lbs.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #99  
started IP 10/22/12

S/C/G: 185/143/120

Height: 5'4"

Lisa ! You are lookin' widdle in da middle !
Go Lisa Go Lisa Go Lisa
Old 10-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #100  
Sleeved in Mexico

S/C/G: 250 /170.4 /140

Height: 5'5

OK this is a beginner question. I want to have spinach for my veggie sometimes- is 4 cups pre cooked or after cooked? Thanks
Old 10-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! My Gosh, lots of posts this weekend. I would just love to reply to all of them but I don't have time. Lisa, congrats on the pics. Must be hard when the DH isn't on board! Keep your eyes on the prize and when you'll reach goal, he'll be drooling. lol

I can't wait for Halloween to be over. I had to drink almost 10 cups of water the other night. I had just bought the Halloween candies to make bags for my special trick-or-treaters and my students and I had to talk myself out of eating the whole thing. Yeah me, I succeeded! But it was very, very hard!! In my next life, I will be able to eat whatever I want and have a great body. lol

Have a fantabulous Sunday. I'm off for a long walk.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #102  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning, its great to get on here and see all of the new pics floating around!!....that is a BIG NSV for some of us...CONGRATS!!....pictures don't lie, they tell you exactly how your body is changing!!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #103  

Lisa, Wuv, Rainbow!!!! Love your new pictures!!!! Thanks for sharing and inspiring us all!!!!

Today's DS Halloween party. He's sooo excited. Not sure how he's going to sit through church! LOL! Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #104  

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
This was so fun today: my BFF and I went to Wendy's for dinner (I enjoyed my bunless burger and did not enjoy picking carrot slivers out of my salad, lol) and she is getting ready to start IP. We ran into our other frien who has lost 48 pounds on IP since August. It was fun, we sat there for an hour sharing tips and tricks!

Also tried the WF Creamy Bacon dressing (I brought a packet with me) and it was really good.

And I am very much enjoying the fact that my knees have stopped hurting on stairs
This summer I went to a concert with an old friend and her mom. I couldn't believe when I saw her mom as she had lost 80 pounds. She had done it on IP. We had the best dinner conversation! It really is fun to meet someone else on IP and share tips and tricks!
Old 10-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #105  

Oh man do I hurt today! I volunteered for Bountiful Baskets yesterday and Had to unload the semi truck because they apparently didn't load the truck jack. It was hard work but so much fun to work together. My upper arms and shoulders and even my armpits HURT! I did drink an extra RTD after. I highly recommend volunteering for anyone who has BB in their area. There is so much wonderful fresh fruits and veggies and you get a free basket when you volunteer!
Closed Thread