Old 11-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #91  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChickie View Post
Wow! WTG, Vet! I'm out of breath just thinking about that! lol!

But I do have an exercise-related NSV that I forgot to mention earlier... I have successfully completed Week 4 of the C25K program. Who knew that I'd be able to run 16 out of 24 minutes? Not me!
Has the running effected your weight loss? When I upped my exercise I stopped losing and I know I was gaining muscle mass so I cut back. I so desperately want to run. Do yo just do an extra packet after. Sorry for the questions! I am starting phase 2 later this week then phase 3 the week after and was going to wait to start back on c2k then but..... I would love to start NOW!
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #92  
Started IP 10/29/2013

S/C/G: 204.8/141.2/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChickie View Post
Went clothes shopping last Thursday as my coworkers were making fun of my droopy pants. lol! Now I can see why... went from 20 or 22 to 14. What??? How did THAT happen???
So last night I spent an hour inventorying ALL of my dress pants so that I could get them out of the house and donated. My entire closet will be purged over Thanksgiving week as I'm off work all week. It's $1000s worth of clothes, but my health and fitness is SOOO worth more than that!
My coworkers will be impressed with the better-fitting clothes after Thanksgiving, even if they ARE already a smidge big by then!
Congratulations SDChickie that is wonderful from a 20 to a 14 . I just wanted to mention there is a clothes exchange thread, someone here on 3FC might be interested in your droopy pants.
4Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Has the running effected your weight loss? When I upped my exercise I stopped losing and I know I was gaining muscle mass so I cut back. I so desperately want to run. Do yo just do an extra packet after. Sorry for the questions! I am starting phase 2 later this week then phase 3 the week after and was going to wait to start back on c2k then but..... I would love to start NOW!
So far it has not... I had a zero week last week, but then lost 7.2 pounds this week... my average is still running ~3.9lb/week after 13 weeks. My coach has been keeping close tabs on me. I have only added a packet one time, 1/2 of an RTD about 1/2 hour before running and the other 1/2 immediately after. She encouraged me to do the extra packet if I'm finding myself in need of extra energy... or alternately pop an egg. (Honestly, I'm afraid I might bring that egg right back up after the run, so I've steered clear of that option so far! lol!)

I have been a little concerned about how the exercise would impact my losses, but I do it for three reasons...
1) This is a lifelong lifestyle change. If it means I have to be in Phase 1 a few more months, that's a commitment I'm willing to make. I understand that not all people are, but this is what works for me.

2) As part of that lifestyle change, I need to get fit, not just lose weight. I've accepted a challenge to run a 2 mile race in February, a 5k in May, a Warrior Dash (5k w/ obstacles) in September, and a Spartan Sprint (another 5k w/ obstacles) in October. If my friends are willing to challenge me to up my game, who am I to turn them down?!

3) I have so much energy that I can't NOT do it! (I'll be honest... this was the original motivating factor!)
SDChickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Mom View Post
Congratulations SDChickie that is wonderful from a 20 to a 14 . I just wanted to mention there is a clothes exchange thread, someone here on 3FC might be interested in your droopy pants.
Hmmm... that's an idea as well! And thanks for the congrats.
SDChickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #95  
IP Reboot: 01/06/17

S/C/G: 190.3/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

My sister got married in October 2011. When she picked out bridesmaids dressing in the spring of 2011, my dress fit perfectly, so we ordered it. When it arrived and I went for the first fitting, it was too tight because I had gained a bunch of weight. The seamstress let it out as much as she could and made me promise not to gain anymore weight before the wedding. The day of the wedding, I crammed myself into that dress as best as I could. It was tight and I felt like if I bent over, it would rip.

Yesterday my sister posted a bunch of pics on Facebook from the wedding. Out of curiosity, I tried my dress on last night. I haven't worn it since the wedding. I was about 7 lbs heavier at the wedding than I am now. It fit nicely with the exception of the chest, which was huge! I'm pretty sure I've lost a cup size since the last time I wore the dress.
starsandrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #96  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

happy report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love being in control!!!!!!!!!!!!!
everyone here is sitting around COMPLAINING about being stuffed and feeling sick!!! ROFL hahahahahahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahah
LOL!!!

me....i'm totally happy and PROUD!!! turkey and some ham, green beans and a small salad, no dressing. chocolate truffles and coffee for dessert!!

I LOVE BEING IN CHARGE!!! I LOVE BEING IN CONTROL!!

hiked about 7 miles so far....off to hike more!! 2 geocaches found at the lodge!! off to find more!!

played a FUN FUN FUN DANCE GAME at the game pavilion!!!

i was UNBEATABLE!!! imagine back in may i would NEVER have been able to do this!!! now, i won all three games!!! i think i love losing weight and getting strong and fit!!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait to do that again!!

man....i just threw down the gauntlet.....this game is mine!!
i lost the first game...it was my first time EVER....doing this....after that...
oh it was on like donkey kong!!!
i reign supreme now!! UNBEATABLE!!! hahahahah BWAHAHAHahahahaha :evilwickedlaugh:
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #97  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

Resisted all my favorite desserts today!
Kat117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #98  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I'm proud of all of YOU!

I just made a protein shake for a desert. I'm feeling good. I did miss my old friends stuffing and mashed potatoes and really missed Apple Pie but I'm much happier now so its well worth it.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #99  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I'm proud of all of YOU!

I just made a protein shake for a desert. I'm feeling good. I did miss my old friends stuffing and mashed potatoes and really missed Apple Pie but I'm much happier now so its well worth it.
well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
happy report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love being in control!!!!!!!!!!!!!
everyone here is sitting around COMPLAINING about being stuffed and feeling sick!!! ROFL hahahahahahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahah
LOL!!!

me....i'm totally happy and PROUD!!! turkey and some ham, green beans and a small salad, no dressing. chocolate truffles and coffee for dessert!!

I LOVE BEING IN CHARGE!!! I LOVE BEING IN CONTROL!!

hiked about 7 miles so far....off to hike more!! 2 geocaches found at the lodge!! off to find more!!

played a FUN FUN FUN DANCE GAME at the game pavilion!!!

i was UNBEATABLE!!! imagine back in may i would NEVER have been able to do this!!! now, i won all three games!!! i think i love losing weight and getting strong and fit!!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait to do that again!!

man....i just threw down the gauntlet.....this game is mine!!
i lost the first game...it was my first time EVER....doing this....after that...
oh it was on like donkey kong!!!
i reign supreme now!! UNBEATABLE!!! hahahahah BWAHAHAHahahahaha :evilwickedlaugh:
You rock! I want to join your party!
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:32 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Major NSV's

Fit into my wedding blouse, have not been able to do so since the wedding 20 years ago!!!

10 pounds from the weight when I got married.

Hubby is loving the new me!

Now if I can just focus and lose the last 15, fingers crossed
sonyainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #102  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
You rock! I want to join your party!
i had only ever seen this on TV...and let me tell you, it is a TON OF FUN!!!!!!! i laughed so hard!! it wasn't long until that long "sweat"er coat came off!! man do you work up a sweat!! haha

all the dancing and nearly 20 miles of hiking in 4 days gave me a great loss for the week!! 3.6 pounds gone for thanksgiving week!! now that is something to really be thankful about!! yipeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #103  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Good morning Rainbowsmiles!! It was a hiking/walking week for us too, about 50 miles since my last weigh in. Stayed OP for the holidays, my WI is this evening. Don't think I'll see a weight loss, do know I'll have some inches gone. Hooray for hiking!!
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #104  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
Good morning Rainbowsmiles!! It was a hiking/walking week for us too, about 50 miles since my last weigh in. Stayed OP for the holidays, my WI is this evening. Don't think I'll see a weight loss, do know I'll have some inches gone. Hooray for hiking!!
50 miles!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is some kind of hiking!!! way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #105  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

OM Goodness!! So excited!! I am only two lbs away from the lowest weight that I have been since my youngest son was born!! He's almost 9!!! I have lost weight differently on IP, so I am now in a size 10 pant, and I haven't been that size since my daughter was born which was 10 yrs ago! Now that the 10's fit, I went out and found some 8's on sale for later. I think I may stop when they fit comfortably, so the end could be closer than I thought!!
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote