Old 11-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #76  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
Nothing says NSV like having to return two pairs of pants I "pre-bought" to fit in later. I by-passed them both! One at one size and the other at a size smaller. My weight loss is still kind of stalling around again but like I said in a different post my globs-o-chunk are rearranging themselves lately.
yep, thats pretty cool!!!!!!!!!!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Height: 5'1"

All my winter coats from last year are fitting again! At the end of last winter, I was bulging out and didn't want to do them up! Freezing for vanity's sake...so silly! This feels SO good!
Minch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minch View Post
All my winter coats from last year are fitting again! At the end of last winter, I was bulging out and didn't want to do them up! Freezing for vanity's sake...so silly! This feels SO good!
I can definitely relate to this NSV! Last year my favorite (and only professional looking) winter coat could barely get over my arms and buttoning them up?? Fuggetaboutit!! It was embarrassing, but I refused to buy another one, because, well, do you know how expensive those coats are??? I haven't tried it on yet, but I'm hoping it'll fit at least a little better this year. Congrats on fitting yours!!
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #79  

Great NSVs all. I like being able to fit into a plane seat without lifting the armrest of the person beside me! I bought a coat at Macy's while visiting Orlando and it is a small ( the clerk told me they were sized bigger but at 190 lbs I don't care!).
Willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #80  
Started IP 10/29/2013

S/C/G: 204.8/141.2/120

Height: 5'3"

This is my 3rd week on IP and yesterday I sat at my desk all day and didn't have to unbutton my pants to give my belly a little relief Aslo I did not rush home to my comfy sweat pants.
4Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi View Post
Great NSVs all. I like being able to fit into a plane seat without lifting the armrest of the person beside me! I bought a coat at Macy's while visiting Orlando and it is a small ( the clerk told me they were sized bigger but at 190 lbs I don't care!).
Fitting into airplane seats is the best NSV ever! I flew in October and was comfortable! I have more flights coming up (Thanksgiving and Christmas) and I'm not dreading it!

Also, fitting into theater seats! I've been to a few concerts and musicals and I am so much more comfortable!
LosingLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #82  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

My NSV's-

My wedding rings are loose on me even when I am bloated.

My wrist watch band is so loose now it slides up and down my arm. Before IP, I had to try not to pinch myself accidentaly with the clasp when I put it on.

I did my shopping this weekend in the misses section, instead of the womens section. Goodbye 1X tops and 18 pants...I'm now in a large top & size 12 pants.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 232/177/145

Height: 5'5"

I love to read this thread.

1. Fasting blood glucose is under 100 every morning.
2. Off all high blood pressure meds.
3. Can do three laps around our hilly block without getting out of breath.
4. I pre-bought size 16 jeans that are too big now.
5. Getting ready to fly for the Thanksgiving holiday. Packing is easier because smaller clothes can actually fit in a carry-on suitcase. Confident that my thigh fat is not going to encroach on the other person's seat.
5. Treated myself to a bra-fitting at Nordstrom. The bra fitter took one look at me standing there in my old bra and said, "Oh honey, that has GOT to go." She was wonderful. Went from a 46DD to a 38F. Now everything's where it supposed to be. Looks like I lost another 10 lbs and 10 years instantly. Worth every penny and faster and much cheaper than surgery. Oh, and as Hgamroth said, 2 hooks, not 5, and incredibly pretty, too. Bought two to tide me over until I reach my goal. Then I'll be back to see my new best friend.
petchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Getting a compliment from the hubby! He actually said he could really notice the changes in my body. Really made me feel good. Haven't felt pretty or sexy in a LONG time
sahmmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

I do not have one single pair of pants that fit. Never thought I would consider this a victory, but I am so happy to get rid of the clothes I felt bad in. I have a couple pairs of jeans and work from home, so will be ok without any for a while I love to see NSVictories!
Alma4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #86  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alma4343 View Post
I do not have one single pair of pants that fit. Never thought I would consider this a victory, but I am so happy to get rid of the clothes I felt bad in. I have a couple pairs of jeans and work from home, so will be ok without any for a while I love to see NSVictories!
thats funny!!! i remember saying that same thing, ONLY FOR THE OPPOSITE REASON!! hahaha

now that i found ip and am losing i am discovering lots of things i stashed under my bed that now fit!!

its a GREAT feeling!!

WAY TO GO ALMA!!! that is an awesome victory indeed!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:03 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Went clothes shopping last Thursday as my coworkers were making fun of my droopy pants. lol! Now I can see why... went from 20 or 22 to 14. What??? How did THAT happen???
So last night I spent an hour inventorying ALL of my dress pants so that I could get them out of the house and donated. My entire closet will be purged over Thanksgiving week as I'm off work all week. It's $1000s worth of clothes, but my health and fitness is SOOO worth more than that!
My coworkers will be impressed with the better-fitting clothes after Thanksgiving, even if they ARE already a smidge big by then!
SDChickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChickie View Post
Went clothes shopping last Thursday as my coworkers were making fun of my droopy pants. lol! Now I can see why... went from 20 or 22 to 14. What??? How did THAT happen???
So last night I spent an hour inventorying ALL of my dress pants so that I could get them out of the house and donated. My entire closet will be purged over Thanksgiving week as I'm off work all week. It's $1000s worth of clothes, but my health and fitness is SOOO worth more than that!
My coworkers will be impressed with the better-fitting clothes after Thanksgiving, even if they ARE already a smidge big by then!
I wish I lived in your town! You could just bring them to my house and I'd make a donation to your favorite charity - well, the 20s anyway. 22s are getting droopy on me, as well. I seem to be changing size slowly but many of my clothes were way too tight when I started. Luckily for me, I had very few clothes at that size b/c I was always going to drop some weight. I have a few items at various sizes...and a not-too-great wardrobe at this point.
As I shrink, I'll be going to second-hand and consignment shops. There is a boutique store that I have my eye on for when I get to goal...for some nicer outfits.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #89  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I ran up three sets of stairs in an office building Thursday and was not out of breath. I carried up three heavy loads or firewood last night and realized I was not out of breath. Each trip used to require me to sit down for several min to catch my breath. No more!
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I ran up three sets of stairs in an office building Thursday and was not out of breath. I carried up three heavy loads or firewood last night and realized I was not out of breath. Each trip used to require me to sit down for several min to catch my breath. No more!
Wow! WTG, Vet! I'm out of breath just thinking about that! lol!

But I do have an exercise-related NSV that I forgot to mention earlier... I have successfully completed Week 4 of the C25K program. Who knew that I'd be able to run 16 out of 24 minutes? Not me!
SDChickie is offline   Reply With Quote