Old 12-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #151  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 View Post
I was able to get my wedding ring on yesterday!!!!!!! I haven't had it on since my son was born, 5 years ago. It's still a little tight so I took it off, but I am SO CLOSE to being able to wear it again
Totally Awesome. Congratulations on your NSV and your hard work.

SO another NSV a few days ago. I looked at my profile in the mirror and I liked what I saw. I actually looked a few more times. I'm still a big dude and have a belly but I was not embarrassed or horrified by what I saw. It made me smile!

Another boot story. My feet have shrunk quite a bit. I've had a **** of a time finding something to fit. I ordered a pair of 12XW boots a few weeks ago and they were HUGE. I am now wearing the same style in 11W and they feel great. For years I have not been able to find insulated and waterproof boots to fit my feet. Well I'm wearing a pair now and it feels awesome.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #152  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Totally Awesome. Congratulations on your NSV and your hard work.

SO another NSV a few days ago. I looked at my profile in the mirror and I liked what I saw. I actually looked a few more times. I'm still a big dude and have a belly but I was not embarrassed or horrified by what I saw. It made me smile!

Another boot story. My feet have shrunk quite a bit. I've had a **** of a time finding something to fit. I ordered a pair of 12XW boots a few weeks ago and they were HUGE. I am now wearing the same style in 11W and they feel great. For years I have not been able to find insulated and waterproof boots to fit my feet. Well I'm wearing a pair now and it feels awesome.
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #153  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I have a FIGURE. Holy crow!

This picture doesn't even really show it, but I can't believe how much I'm starting to "nip in" right below my boobs! I might actually come out of the next 100 lbs with a waist line! I also cannot get over how TALL I am! ridiculous coming from someone 6 feet tall, but I've been so round for so long I never felt tall! The first pic is from 3 years ago, probably 20 lbs from my highest weight and this one is from last week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 73903_10150312701035714_5955293_n.jpg (24.3 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (20.4 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by Radiojane; 12-10-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #154  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojane View Post

This picture doesn't even really show it, but I can't believe how much I'm starting to "nip in" right below my boobs! I might actually come out of the next 100 lbs with a waist line! I also cannot get over how TALL I am! ridiculous coming from someone 6 feet tall, but I've been so round for so long I never felt tall! The first pic is from 3 years ago, probably 20 lbs from my highest weight and this one is from last week.
awww radiojane.....WHAT A BEAUTIFUL FIGURE YOU HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!
you look fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!
keep it up!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #155  
Beth

S/C/G: 244/204/170

Height: 5'7"/25yo

Quote:

You look great!!! I've been losing inches right under my boobs too, haha, and it's crazy being able to feel a dip there! Congrats!! Keep it going!!!
whytokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:09 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 290/241/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

This picture doesn't even really show it, but I can't believe how much I'm starting to "nip in" right below my boobs! I might actually come out of the next 100 lbs with a waist line! ...
You are looking amazing, girlfriend! Keep up the amazing work!
loopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:13 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 290/241/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by benice View Post
Great new pic! I can totally see a difference! I use this to keep my ring in place: ...
Ah, I was looking for something like this! had to take off my engagement on the weekend because I almost lost it a few times!
loopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #158  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

I'm just finishing up my first week OP and have stuck religiously to the protocol. I had a horribly stressful day at work yesterday (you don't want to know!) but managed to stick with the plan last night. Normally, I would have used the day's events as an excuse to drown my sorrows with red wine and food, but I managed to get through the evening. Although I have a long road ahead with a lot of unpleasantness expected, I feel encouraged that I can get through it without going back to my normal, self-defeating pattern. It was nice to wake up this morning without having to feel disgusted with myself on top of everything that is going on.

(Oh, and to make sure this is OT, I can now fit comfortably into my normal jeans. )

Last edited by bubbleblower; 12-11-2012 at 08:22 AM.
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Height: 5'6"

HOW did this thread end up toward the bottom of the third page??? C'mon IPeeps! I know you all have awesome NSVs to celebrate and share!

Bubbleblower, your ability to stay OP and get into a better headspace despite that horrible day IS an NSV, as is fitting into your normal jeans! WOOT! WOOT!

A couple of my NSVs this week:
I successfully completed C25K Week 7 yesterday. I ran outside in the 42 degree weather for the first time in weeks. I had been on the treadmill for those weeks. Turns out the first time back outside was rough. I was constantly trying to skirt snow/ice and stepping more cautiously so as not to fall down, all of which required more energy expenditure. My legs were tingling by the end... but I did it... and I'm over the moon!

And my second NSV? I stayed at a hotel on Wednesday night and the bath towel FIT AROUND ME WITH MATERIAL TO SPARE! I can't even remember the last time a hotel bath towel fit around this body! YES!
SDChickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #160  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

SDchickie....love your NSV's. I can totally relate on tge second one.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #161  

Height: magmeepEVE

SDChickie, I agree, the towel! I was amazed when I had lost like 25 pounds and I could fit into the tiny bathtub in my home.

I had a NSV yesterday. I got horrible news that stressed me. At first I thought, FOOD, which used to be my first response to any sort of emotion. Then I thought, no. About a half hour later, I made some herbal mint tea, as I know that helps to calm me.

Later I was still stressed, and just could not make myself eat, but finally at 3:30 I made myself a smoothie with protein drink. At dinner, I didn't want to eat either, but I roasted some veggies and had some seitan (vegetarian protein) with it. Simple, not that great tasting, but still I ate.

So even with some very stressful news, I stayed on plan. After using food to stuff emotions for decades, I had gained so much weight, and hated the way I felt. But that got me to the point of where I now know that no amount of food is going to take away the stress.

And not eating junk keeps me stronger mentally.

Yay, IP!!!! For getting me to this point.
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Height: 5'6"

Yay indeed! Congrats, Starshine, on that very healthy approach to stress!

And I agree that keeping junk out of our bodies improves our overall ability to function... mentally AND physically!
SDChickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #163  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Way to go starshine!

My NSV for today. Just finished bagging up my donation pile that has been growing in the corner of my closet. I have clothes ranging from sizes 12 to 18 in those bags, and I know I well never need those sizes again. It was a little strange looking at the size 18 pants, I never really saw myself that size.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #164  
Started IP 10/29/2013

S/C/G: 204.8/141.2/120

Height: 5'3"

Completed the Lampsons Cable Bridge Run today with a better time than the Turkey Trot . This is the 2nd 5K have completed since starting IP..
4Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #165  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChickie View Post
Yay indeed! Congrats, Starshine, on that very healthy approach to stress!

And I agree that keeping junk out of our bodies improves our overall ability to function... mentally AND physically!
Thanks! And yes, mentally and physically!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Way to go starshine!

My NSV for today. Just finished bagging up my donation pile that has been growing in the corner of my closet. I have clothes ranging from sizes 12 to 18 in those bags, and I know I well never need those sizes again. It was a little strange looking at the size 18 pants, I never really saw myself that size.
Thank you! And congrats on bagging up those old clothes! You know, I never really saw myself at my heavier weight either. At least in my mind's eye. I just never felt like that was what I was. I always saw myself more of what I'm at now (just got into some size 12 Levis ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Mom View Post
Completed the Lampsons Cable Bridge Run today with a better time than the Turkey Trot . This is the 2nd 5K have completed since starting IP..
Congrats on completing the run! Great time too!
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote