Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #121  

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead14 View Post
That sounds amazing!! Way better than just the water, spinach, and choc. drink mix. You just made my day, can't wait for tomorrow morning
Truly a team effort. Not mine to take credit for
Old 08-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #122  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Height: 5'5"

Starting IP tomorrow. I'll be checking in. This looks like a great site for newbies.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #123  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbl70 View Post
Starting IP tomorrow. I'll be checking in. This looks like a great site for newbies.

Congrats on talking the first step to a better healthier you.

Yes, this forum is the best information and support you can have. It's not just for newbies. It's great for those of us like me that have been on the program losing for almost 8 months. I love this place, it's addicting. Read as much as you can and post with questions or just to converse with everyone. We're here for you.

Best of luck on your journey.
Molly
Old 08-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
Morning,

i haven't posted or visited much lately and find myself with the negative talk. I definatly need to visit here more! You all help a lot!

Over the past few weeks, I had a .8# gain, then a 1# loss, and yesterday a 2.8# loss. Even tho I know this is a long process and I know that there will be ups and downs, it still stinks to see that gain and then the small loss. I'm glad for the 2.8# this week, for me, that's a good loss. I loose slower than a lot of poeple for some reason.
You are doing well and also doing a favor for your body - your pancreas is getting some rest and you will be all the healthier for having done IP in particular, not just losing weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Hey everyone I haven't read the thread yet but wanted to post my latest Video.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTdFYGl1ESs&feature=plcp
I love your videos! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
But for me, IP is like a medicine I take every day to keep me "alive and well" , both literally and figuratively.
I really like this idea: " IP is like a medicine I take every day to keep me "alive and well" , both literally and figuratively." I'm going to spend some time thinking about all the many good things that IP is doing for me. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satobb View Post
I am so confused as what to do. I am losing so much hair! I am taking biotin as someone suggested. I know it isn't going to stop immediately but I'm concerned that I will start having bald spots. My coach says that it will grow back , but at what cost am I doing this? I have 20 lbs until goal, that's 12 weeks and then phasing off. Not sure what hair I will have left by then.

If I just get off IP immediately, I have no idea what to eat .

Please tell me if you have gone thru this and have in fact had your hair grow back, I am desperate for encouragement.
It took me about 2 months of using 5000mcg biotin a day to see some new hair coming in. Still losing hair, but at a slowing rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Hello everybody ! I just wrote a post and as I hit 'enter' I lost my internet connection....aw nuts...

I'm trying to clean the house a bit, but my hands and knees are burning so bad it's hard to ignore the pain. Not sure if it is the RA, fibro, gluten or just the humidity. I see my doctor tomorrow to get results on a celiac test and sonogram to check the gallbladder. Get this, the last time I saw him, he told me I needed to stop losing weight! That's a first!!!
Sewmam, just wondering, do you think the pain you are feeling is possibly due to adding carbs back into your diet (perhaps hit a tipping point in amount of carbs your body can handle)?

I had various arthritic body aches pre IP (diagnosed with OA in my neck, lower spine and started in my hands and feet) and when I'm on phase 1 or 2, the pain went away - felt perfectly normal, just about pain-free. Just a thought.

In any case, great to have you back on the boards and great that you are maintaining so well. Sorry about the pain, let us know what the doctor says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights View Post
I have a question... lets say i rushed this morning and forgot all my IP packets at home... and I ate a huge salad for lunch to keep me full... is it ok to eat all my 3 packets when i get home, possibly at once?
No, you should really space them out so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. But there are days when we all get stuck - few and far between as most of us seasoned IP'ers carry emergency packages with us at all times (stick them in the car, the purse, DH's car, etc. Plus we know we can run to a Walmart and get an EAS shake or several. Don't remember if they are sold in 4 or 6 packs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
So now I am sitting at Dairy Queen, reading 3fc posts on my phone while the in laws and kids eat ice cream. (sigh...). I brought my mio so I ran accross the street, bought a Starbucks passion tea unsweetened and added my lemonade mio. I so have this! My mother in law still can't believe my willpower!
You are AMAZING! And isn't it fun to be doing so well, knowing you are being watched so closely... Keep up the good work and enjoy your strength!

Now, I had a NSV today - I went to Talbott's to pick up a bracelet that they had on sale. Cruised by the clearance rack - saw 2 charming skirts - size 4 only - thought I'd try them on anyway - was in no rush. One of these was a slim fitted skirt. They both fit! I found beautiful tops to match.

Then went into Chico's, just to buy a new white tank top to go with one of my new size 4 skirts. I ended up buying 4 pairs of size 0 jeans (size 0 in the Chico's world equates to size 4-6 as their sizing runs from 0-3 only). Jeans were on sale plus my birthday is this month and they give you $25 off $100 purchase.

By the way, Talbott's gives you $10 towards your purchase during your birthday month. Nice!

I can't tell you how much I love IP. At this weight, when I was on Weight Watchers, I might be a size 8.

Last edited by Chloe222; 08-16-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #125  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
It's a sad sad day in St John the Baptist Parish (where I live). Some of you Louisianians may have heard.
We had a shootout at one of the Refinery's parking lots here and 2 of our officers were killed and another 2 are at different area hospitals undergoing multiplke surgeries. The sherrif said they should be ok. Thank Goodness. I knew both of the officers that were killed and one of the ones at the hospital.
That really brings things into perspective when we are thinking about whining about our day think about these men and their families. Especially their children. Stay strong Aimee.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Hang in there, Aimee. These things are so tragic, but you have the support of your community and the rest of us.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 195/183/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimiloo View Post
So it's day 4 for me, and other than the weight loss (ok i peeked and have lost 6 lbs in 3 days? DUDE!) the best thing about this for me at the moment is showing the issue I have with food. Mostly eating outside of my home. Just in the past 2 days alone I would have eaten at a host of fast food and to go places just out of habit. (Five guys, Panera and the bagel shop most notably). It was just part of my day. I had an interview yesterday there was a 5G next to it, I almost went there out of habit and was like wait no, don't forget what you're doing! And i'd packed a chocolate RTD and had that as i drove home. I went to the post office, there is a coffee place I would have gotten an iced with sugar and milk. I open my junk drawer and there are hard candies I would have popped in my mouth. Today after dropping my son at daycare as I was driving home to have my IP shake, I almost got into the left hand turn out of HABIT. (not because I wanted to hit panera).

It's really REALLY opening my eyes to the issue I had with food on the go. I looked in the back of my car as I need to go to the dump and my garbage basket has TWO fast food bags. How did I become THAT person?! I pride myself on whole foods blah blah and here I am an on the go junkie

No, make that I WAS an on the go junkie. No more!!!
Hi everyone! Busy day today, so just now able to catch up on the forums. Your post struck a chord with me, Aimiloo! My DH and I were completely addicted to eating out. We would eat out every day at lunch at at least several days per week at night. The restaurants knew us by heart and what we would order (wow, you know that's bad!).

I will tell you, it has been a HUGE bonus to our budget! Even though you have to pay for the food, the money we have saved in 2 weeks is tremendous! I would stay on the program for that alone Sleep well, all!

Last edited by Pilgrimage; 08-16-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Had my 2nd WI this afternoon. I lost 5.5 lbs and 2.25 inches!! So I've lost about 14 pounds in 11 days. Wowy! Now I know that my loss will be much less next week.

FYI...since there have been questions about the collagen packets, I asked my coach how frequently they can be used, & he said every other day at the most (since they are lacking some ingredents that the regular packets contain). He also said that I could walk for 20 minutes a day, but the nurse said that I really don't have to. So I think that I'll wait on the exercise. Next week I start teaching...and so I do a lot of standing when lecturing during the day, not to mention my 3 hour night class!! Will see how that goes...

Have a great evening!
Old 08-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post

Now, I had a NSV today - I went to Talbott's to pick up a bracelet that they had on sale. Cruised by the clearance rack - saw 2 charming skirts - size 4 only - thought I'd try them on anyway - was in no rush. One of these was a slim fitted skirt. They both fit! I found beautiful tops to match.

Then went into Chico's, just to buy a new white tank top to go with one of my new size 4 skirts. I ended up buying 4 pairs of size 0 jeans (size 0 in the Chico's world equates to size 4-6 as their sizing runs from 0-3 only). Jeans were on sale plus my birthday is this month and they give you $25 off $100 purchase.

I can't tell you how much I love IP. At this weight, when I was on Weight watchers, I might be a size 8.
How exciting for you!! And no counting Points!
Old 08-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #130  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
So now I am sitting at Dairy Queen, reading 3fc posts on my phone while the in laws and kids eat ice cream. (sigh...). I brought my mio so I ran accross the street, bought a Starbucks passion tea unsweetened and added my lemonade mio. I so have this! My mother in law still can't believe my willpower!
WOW, if the Olympics weren't over, I think you would have won a gold medal for this.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #131  
Started IP 8-5-2012

S/C/G: 239/219/150

My sister lead me to this site! Such inspiration! So glad to she discovered this! I have been on IP for 11 days and lost a total of 9 lbs! Your sharing has help me so much! Thanks!!!
Old 08-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 177/177/145

Height: 5"7

Default Almost through Day 2...

Today has been hard.

Eating too much has never really been my problem.
Eating the wrong things and waiting until I was ravenous was the problem...mostly.
I am wrapping up my 2nd Day on IP and have not eaten nearly all that I am supposed to.
I am still trying to get used to the packets...i'm really only liking the drink mixes.

Can I get by with ONLY using drink mixes?

Old 08-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #133  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

BigDaddy - I add almond extract (check your extracts to be sure there isn't any sugar in them) to my chocolate spinach smoothies. Mmmmmm.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #134  
IP Start date 8-11-12

S/C/G: 204/204/125

Height: 5'6

Just checking in for the day. This is the first day I haven't had a headache (day 6). I know I shouldn't, but I just couldn't resist weighing myself this morning. I'm down 5 lbs from 5 days. My weigh in day is this Saturday, so I'm going to try to not weigh tomorrow. I am still surprised by my lack of hunger on this diet...lovin' it!

Old 08-16-2012, 11:40 PM   #135  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven74 View Post
Today has been hard.

Eating too much has never really been my problem.
Eating the wrong things and waiting until I was ravenous was the problem...mostly.
I am wrapping up my 2nd Day on IP and have not eaten nearly all that I am supposed to.
I am still trying to get used to the packets...i'm really only liking the drink mixes.

Can I get by with ONLY using drink mixes?

You can use only drinks if those are what work for you. I tend to get lazy so if I stick to the RTD Choc. It is very important to eat everything, spread your veggies out thru the whole day if that helps. Lots of people munch on raw ones all day. You can do it!
Closed Thread