Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #76  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Aimee - I am so sorry to hear that - I have not seen the news today.

Mandi - I have to say I like oil and vinegar better than any WF dressing I have tried. I usually use equal parts oil and vinegar - adjust to your liking. I often add a pakcet of splenda. Throw in whatever else sounds good - garlic, spices, etc...
Old 08-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 177/177/145

Height: 5"7

Default Day 2

Wow! Yesterday was my first Day of IP.
Last night I got "the headache" that everyone speaks of. Wow!
How interesting that your body FREAKS OUT so quickly!
Anyway, the salt water worked great and I soon fell asleep.

Here's to another great day...and hopefully NO HEADACHES!!!

Old 08-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #78  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
This is so dumb. I got tennis elbow by riding my motorcycle too much >.< So now, I alternate between ice and trying not to move it for extended periods of time. All in all, suckery I tell you!
Kara,

I had tennis elbow from carrying firewood in the winter. I worked at a blood bank and the medical director told me to wear one of these braces, position the pad on the painful spot and wear it 24/7 for a couple months. I thought he was crazy, but I did and it worked and that was 20 years ago and no more pain. It makes it a lot easier to function while healing, too.

http://www.braceshop.com/productcart...Pad-50p556.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
It's a sad sad day in St John the Baptist Parish (where I live). Some of you Louisianians may have heard.
We had a shootout at one of the Refinery's parking lots here and 2 of our officers were killed and another 2 are at different area hospitals undergoing multiplke surgeries. The sherrif said they should be ok. Thank Goodness. I knew both of the officers that were killed and one of the ones at the hospital.
There are 5 suspects in custody at this time. These people used semi-automatic weapons on these police officers

Needless to say my mood is non-existant, kind of. My stomach is in knots and I even thought about eating the doughnuts in the breakroom, but I know better than that. I just heartbroken that my friends lost their husbands and one of the guys had a baby boy. They were both young, 34 and 28.

Anyway, sorry to put a damper on this thread, I just needed to get that out.

Congrats to all you LOSERS!!! Good luck to everyone weighing in today.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday! It's almost FRIDAY!!!
My thoughts an prayers to you and the officers and their families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chremme View Post
Does anyone know of a good Vanilla Pudding IP packet alternative that isn't so expensive? Or a good low carb protein powder?
My fav protein powder that has zero carbs is Syntrax Nectar. Comes in lots of flavors. Here's the link to it on Nashua's website.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...-servings.html

Time for stir fry for lunch. Flip-flopping lunch and dinner since DH and I will be gone at dinner time and there won't be time to make a regular dinner.

Molly
Old 08-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #79  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I just had a great lunch with Dankin and her husband! I would call it a coaching session too, she and DH shared sore great tips, a few packets and suggestions with me.

Oh and by the way she is even prettier in person! Go Dankin! I hope you and DH have a great visit, it was wonderful meeting both of you.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I just had a great lunch with Dankin and her husband! I would call it a coaching session too, she and DH shared sore great tips, a few packets and suggestions with me.

Oh and by the way she is even prettier in person! Go Dankin! I hope you and DH have a great visit, it was wonderful meeting both of you.
How fun that you were able to meet up!

And your pictures yesterday blew me out of the water. You look happier and healthier. Keep up the good work!
Old 08-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #81  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
LizRR - what kind of low intensity workouts did you do, then? You look absolutely terrific!!
I continued doing ~2 mile walks ~4x/week at a VERY slow pace (22 min/mi w/a 45-minute play break in between) from Day 1 - Week 8 of IP, but it was 'non-negotiable' as it was walking my son to the park to play. I never added a packet then, but I did make sure to have my snack before. I also didn't have a restricted during that time.
Breakfast@8am
Lunch@12pm
Snack@4pm
Walk@4:30pm-6pm (yes, we were gone for 1.5 hours, it was SLOOOW)
Dinner@8pm

When it got too hot to walk to the park I started taking him to the indoor mall play area and slacked on the walking, but picked up my Bodypump weightlifting class 2x/week at ~75% weight that I had done pre-IP, I also started having 1 Restricted/Day. I had stopped doing that class cold turkey when I started IP. So Week 8 - Week 15 I did that routine. Then ~Week 15 I stepped up my frequency to 3x/week and I also picked up my weight amount. I HAVE to have an extra packet those days and add 2 egg whites before the class and I have my full meal soon after.
Breakfast@8am
Lunch@12pm
Restricted@4pm
Snack w/2 egg whites@6pm
Bodypump@6:30-7:30pm
Dinner@8pm

Now that I am in Phase 2 I started adding in light cardio, ~2.5mi jog @ 11min/mi, 3x/week on my off-Bodypump days. I had attempted to do light cardio in Phase 1 and it was a DISASTER - I got dizzy, nauseated, my eyes wouldn't focus, and I was EXHAUSTED, even with adding in the packet and going at what I thought was a slow pace. Those are definite signs that I pushed myself - even though it was SO MUCH LESS than I had done before IP. I haven't had any problems these 2 weeks in Phase 2 with the light cardio addition.

I plan on adding in higher intensity in Phase 3, when we add in carbs. Higher mileage and faster pace for running and perhaps some Bootcamp/Kickboxing classes like "the old days".

Last edited by LizRR; 08-16-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #82  
Lucky Lady

S/C/G: 212/191.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Today has started off good. I dropped my bf off at the train station and saw the homeless man that lives under the passway. He's missing a leg and is in a wheelchair. I've been thinking about buying him breakfast for a bit but I guess I've been shy about it. So, today I went into Dunkin Donuts and bought him an egg bagel sandwich, a coke, and a giftcard for some coffee.

It felt good giving someone else the food I love, I didn't even want the sandwich myself. When I gave it to him I think he was really surprised, and he seemed very happy about being able to buy himself some coffee.

I might start making it a regular thing. I wonder if he gets enough fluids in this heat?? (the nurse in me coming out lol). I'm trying to think of some food items I can buy him that will keep.

Any ideas?
Bless you for your thoughtfulness!
Old 08-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #83  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Something you said really struck me. "Making do with my life...". Sounds like a cliche here, but life is really too short. We should not waste it just making do. Great insight. It takes determination. But for me, IP is like a medicine I take every day to keep me "alive and well" , both literally and figuratively.

Thanks for that insight for the day!
Thanks Cindy- I turned 40 this year. My dad died when he was 48. If I were to only have eight years left (God willing I will have more), I don't want to spend them stuffing my face with Skittles and hiding in my house. I deserve better, my husband deserves better, and most of all, my son deserves better. For once, I feel like I know how to do it, and that I can do it without white-knuckling it the whole way!

Last edited by GoalFor40; 08-16-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

aimee - so sorry to hear about your friends. How heartbreaking.

Question for my US friends. Is it true that you don't get the ready made pudding cups there yet? The only pudding you can get is in the silver packets that you have to make yourselves? I heard that you were getting them soon and was flabbergasted that you don't have them. Truth? Fiction?
Old 08-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #85  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
aimee - so sorry to hear about your friends. How heartbreaking.

Question for my US friends. Is it true that you don't get the ready made pudding cups there yet? The only pudding you can get is in the silver packets that you have to make yourselves? I heard that you were getting them soon and was flabbergasted that you don't have them. Truth? Fiction?
my coach does not have them in stock yet.
online order store does not have them yet either.
i would so love to try one!!....as i very much dislike the packet ones.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #86  
Feed Your Freedom

stargirl....your photo is so beautiful!!!!!!!!!
love you smile!!!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
One more day of work tomorrow then STAYCATION WEEK! First order of business...sleep in, if the boys will let me
Luck with that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Ok need some help. I have class three days next week from 8 to 4:30. Any ideas what i could do for breakfast and lunch. Any way to make a muffin out of the oatmeal its my fav for breakfast. Any help would be great.
I see others gave you muffin recipes. Just make a smoothie for breakfast to drink on the way & have those muffins for lunch with some celery or cukes on the side & its all good! Have you tried the coffee/spinach breakfast smoothie??

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
True Dat!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #88  
Feed Your Freedom

hi lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hope you're having a great day!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 08-16-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #89  

Old 08-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Wow, that sucks! They really are quite good. The vanilla ones, anyone. I'm not a huge fan of the chocolate ones. But so much easier to travel with, etc! And they're super good when mixed with all sorts of WF stuff. Sadly they're more expensive, but you do get 8 in a package. Huh.

Well, apparently they are soon to be on their way to you, so keep an eye out for them!!!
Closed Thread