Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #31  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Ok need some help. I have class three days next week from 8 to 4:30. Any ideas what i could do for breakfast and lunch. Any way to make a muffin out of the oatmeal its my fav for breakfast. Any help would be great.

I like making zuchini muffins out of the oatmeal. It makes 3 muffins per serving, so you can snack on it through out the day. There is also a recipe for making a cake/muffin out of the pudding.

Zuchini muffins
1 package of Ideal Protein Maple Oatmeal
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 tsp of stevia
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2-3/4 of small zucchini finely grated (squeeze out excess juice) 2-3 oz water
Beat the egg in a bowl. Add Maple Oatmeal, baking powder, salt, Sucralose, cinnamon, and zucchini. Mix and gradually add water until you have a good batter. Bake at 385°F (200°C) for 20 minutes. Makes 3 regular muffins or 12-bite size
Old 08-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
I like making zuchini muffins out of the oatmeal. It makes 3 muffins per serving, so you can snack on it through out the day. There is also a recipe for making a cake/muffin out of the pudding.

Zuchini muffins
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 tsp of stevia
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
Beat the egg in a bowl. Add Maple Oatmeal, baking powder, salt, Sucralose, cinnamon, and zucchini. Mix and gradually add water until you have a good batter. Bake at 385°F (200°C) for 20 minutes. Makes 3 regular muffins or 12-bite size
are all the mufins one serving?
Old 08-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #33  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by bttrhalf View Post
are all the mufins one serving?
Yes, because you only use one packet of maple oatmeal.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post

Zuchini muffins
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 tsp of stevia
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon

sweet thanks thats what i needed.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #35  
Restart IP 7/25/12

S/C/G: 199/142/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkmaine View Post
Good Morning Everyone - phase 1 week 1 day 1

Had a great orientation with my coach yesterday; the food industry has a lot to answer for don't they?

Hope everyone has great OP day!

NJK
Congratultions for starting this journey! You will be so glad you did.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #36  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning from going to be very HOT HOT HOT sunny Seattle. It was already 68 degrees at 6:30 this morning. Now it is usually not this hot here but it's going to be a scorcher. My DH is home on vacation and I put all the fans on and he will probably spend the day with my sister, nephew, sisters dog, brother, brother's gf, brothers dog all at my Mom's house with her AC.

As for me... work work work.

Here's today's installment of

Brandy's feel Good Quote of the Day:

"If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you
always got"

Wow how profound of a statement for us struggling with weight. I see a ton of people posting how they want to have a cheat day on Phase 1 or they make a mistake and have something off plan..... how does that help us. Oh I put myself in that category as well since I had my boo boo day in June. But it's time for us to put on our big kid undies and do what we started and finish what we began. There is no excuse for not loosing even a small amount. Inches or lbs can be both successes. Read the quote again... how can it change you?
Old 08-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #37  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimiloo View Post
It's really REALLY opening my eyes to the issue I had with food on the go. I looked in the back of my car as I need to go to the dump and my garbage basket has TWO fast food bags. How did I become THAT person?! I pride myself on whole foods blah blah and here I am an on the go junkie

No, make that I WAS an on the go junkie. No more!!!
This is me all over. Over the past year or so it has completely gotten out of control with me, and it needed to stop. I am just entering my third week OP, and if your experience is anything like mine, the first week will be very tough, but when you get through it you will feel so much better than you ever felt. I now fall asleep easily, wake easily, and don't get a crash in the afternoon. I guess this is how "normal" people feel all of the time!

I am so glad I started this program, because aside from the weight loss (which is definitely needed), I am starting to be able to imagine a different kind of life for myself. One that doesn't include shopping in special stores, not being able to find shoes that fit, dragging my arse through the day every day, and just making do with my life, instead of making something special. It took me this long, but I finally feel like I am ready to make a permanent change.

Thanks to all for the support- I wouldn't have made it through week one if not for this forum!
Old 08-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #38  

S/C/G: re-start date 4/1/13

Good mornin'. Going to be OP today and try not to crab about it! This program is a pain for me so far, but being at my weight is a pain too! My biggest complaint is that I find it very difficult to cook for 3 kids and a husband and then have to eat something different from them. I hate to cook so fixing two different dinners is a bit of a mess for me. But alas....I will carry on! Good day every one!
Old 08-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #39  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

First visit to my clinic in a month. I bought some much needed IP food and had a huge bonus. They have a hole punch they let their clients use to punch holes in their belts! I really, really needed that today! All day yesterday those 48" pants that fit when I tried them on were falling off my butt every time I stood up!
Old 08-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #40  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bttrhalf View Post
good morning all, up early here in the northwest. can't sleep still healing from shingles and back is hurting this morning can't wait for the muscle twinges to go away and the iching.
everyone have a great op day. I was supposed to WI today but changed it for tomorow morning since i will still be off work tomorrow and have doc appointments today hoping for great numbers, and the whoosh fairy to visit.
Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkmaine View Post
Holy Cr*#P - just tried the chocolate drink mixed with my morning coffee - YUMMY; we are off to a good start.
NJK
Yes very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
Morning,

i haven't posted or visited much lately and find myself with the negative talk. I definatly need to visit here more! You all help a lot!

Over the past few weeks, I had a .8# gain, then a 1# loss, and yesterday a 2.8# loss. Even tho I know this is a long process and I know that there will be ups and downs, it still stinks to see that gain and then the small loss. I'm glad for the 2.8# this week, for me, that's a good loss. I loose slower than a lot of poeple for some reason.

I'm so close to 50! I'm at 49.8! OMG. I won't by my 50# Alex and Ani bracelet until I reach 50# - so next week is the plan. After 50#, comes the half way point at 59# loss, then Onederland 10# later. So, I will have an exciting fall!

Take care everyone, have a great OP day.
You can do this we have your back! Just do what you need to do to make it happen. You will be so happy once you pass fifty big ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Ok need some help. I have class three days next week from 8 to 4:30. Any ideas what i could do for breakfast and lunch. Any way to make a muffin out of the oatmeal its my fav for breakfast. Any help would be great.

Packing a lunch with salad and a blender bottle with water in it ahead of time works well for me. I carry extra packets in my truck and have them in a bankers box in my office at work. I love the chocolate shakes.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #41  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
First visit to my clinic in a month. I bought some much needed IP food and had a huge bonus. They have a hole punch they let their clients use to punch holes in their belts! I really, really needed that today! All day yesterday those 48" pants that fit when I tried them on were falling off my butt every time I stood up!
What a good idea, for a clinic to have a hole punch. Makes sense!
Glad you found out about it - wouldn't want you to be losing your britches.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #42  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone I haven't read the thread yet but wanted to post my latest Video.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTdFYGl1ESs&feature=plcp
Old 08-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #43  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
rissimo.....how are you doing lovely lady????

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 08-16-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #44  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Quote:
Originally Posted by chremme View Post
Any words of wisdom?
one of the best quotes ever....

"If I go back to what I was, I will be what I was. I don't want to be what I was, I want to be what I am." ISHBEL

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 08-16-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 138/120/115

Height: 5'5

fitgirl I had the same experience.

I was SO surprised to see that when I stopped exercising, the weight starting coming off waaaaaaaaay faster. And I maintained lean muscle mass.

It has honestly been such a nice change. I still love to exercise and bike commute to work 10 miles everyday, but feel like exercise is an integrated part of my life. Not something I HAVE to do or I'll feel guilty about everything I eat.

This has honestly been one of the biggest eye openers of IP for me. Previously, I was running anywhere from 8-10 miles per day, sometimes working out twice a day, eating as little as I could stand, and still gaining! My body basically thought it was starving, so was packing on the pounds for survival. I gained probably about 20 lbs in a year, from working out too much. It was so exhausting and depressing.

It feels great to be in a healthier place, both physically and mentally. We get it so drilled in our heads to work out and reduce calories that I think we often overlook the dangers of taking it too far.

Anyway, congrats! And good luck with your journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
Good morning! Today is WI #2 for me. We will see how that goes!

One thing that I have noticed is that I lost the same amount of weight this time around in only 10 days WITHOUT exercising. Last time I lost this amount of weight in 18 days while exercising...and you know me...I was doing strength training, yoga, cardio & ect & felt like crap by the end of the day. Without the exercise, for now, I've been feeling so much better! So we will see how later today goes!

BTW...saw your picts Vet late last night...you look amazing! Looked like there were many successes yesterday! Go Team!!!
Closed Thread