3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday 08/16/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264657-ip-daily-chat-thursday-08-16-12-a.html)

rissimo 08-16-2012 06:27 AM

IP Daily Chat Thursday 08/16/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Big Daddy 08-16-2012 06:46 AM

good morning everyone have a great day.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097...0/230/266/.png

njkmaine 08-16-2012 06:55 AM

Good Morning Everyone - phase 1 week 1 day 1

Had a great orientation with my coach yesterday; the food industry has a lot to answer for don't they?

Hope everyone has great OP day!

NJK

bttrhalf 08-16-2012 06:56 AM

good morning all, up early here in the northwest. can't sleep still healing from shingles and back is hurting this morning can't wait for the muscle twinges to go away and the iching.
everyone have a great op day. I was supposed to WI today but changed it for tomorow morning since i will still be off work tomorrow and have doc appointments today hoping for great numbers, and the whoosh fairy to visit.

njkmaine 08-16-2012 07:15 AM

Holy Cr*#P - just tried the chocolate drink mixed with my morning coffee - YUMMY; we are off to a good start.

Sorry bttrhalf that you are dealing with that - I understand it's quite painful.
hope you are feeling better by the weekend

NJK

bttrhalf 08-16-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njkmaine (Post 4438988)
Holy Cr*#P - just tried the chocolate drink mixed with my morning coffee - YUMMY; we are off to a good start.

Sorry bttrhalf that you are dealing with that - I understand it's quite painful.
hope you are feeling better by the weekend

NJK

thanks for the well wishes. it is getting better jsut wish it would hurry ( i don't like waitning to feel better):D

dizzyjean 08-16-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bttrhalf (Post 4438982)
good morning all, up early here in the northwest. can't sleep still healing from shingles and back is hurting this morning can't wait for the muscle twinges to go away and the iching.
everyone have a great op day. I was supposed to WI today but changed it for tomorow morning since i will still be off work tomorrow and have doc appointments today hoping for great numbers, and the whoosh fairy to visit.

I'm so sorry. My Mom had it a couple years ago. What a trial! Hope you are much better soon!

Jeanie

WhoDat730 08-16-2012 07:43 AM

Bttrhalf - Hope you start feeling better! :hug:

I left my breakfast shake at home today :( but there is a deli at work, I'm going to order some egg whites.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Lynnie63 08-16-2012 07:46 AM

Morning,

i haven't posted or visited much lately and find myself with the negative talk. I definatly need to visit here more! You all help a lot!

Over the past few weeks, I had a .8# gain, then a 1# loss, and yesterday a 2.8# loss. Even tho I know this is a long process and I know that there will be ups and downs, it still stinks to see that gain and then the small loss. I'm glad for the 2.8# this week, for me, that's a good loss. I loose slower than a lot of poeple for some reason.

I'm so close to 50! I'm at 49.8! OMG. I won't by my 50# Alex and Ani bracelet until I reach 50# - so next week is the plan. After 50#, comes the half way point at 59# loss, then Onederland 10# later. So, I will have an exciting fall!

Take care everyone, have a great OP day.

chremme 08-16-2012 07:58 AM

Lynnie -
Hang in there!

I had a .8 gain this past week too (my first gain... boo) and have been STRESSING about it. I'm trying to be more realistic and put it in perspective. We're still going great! Fluctuations are natural.

Keep your head up.
XO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynnie63 (Post 4439016)
Morning,

i haven't posted or visited much lately and find myself with the negative talk. I definatly need to visit here more! You all help a lot!

Over the past few weeks, I had a .8# gain, then a 1# loss, and yesterday a 2.8# loss. Even tho I know this is a long process and I know that there will be ups and downs, it still stinks to see that gain and then the small loss. I'm glad for the 2.8# this week, for me, that's a good loss. I loose slower than a lot of poeple for some reason.

I'm so close to 50! I'm at 49.8! OMG. I won't by my 50# Alex and Ani bracelet until I reach 50# - so next week is the plan. After 50#, comes the half way point at 59# loss, then Onederland 10# later. So, I will have an exciting fall!

chremme 08-16-2012 08:02 AM

It's been a rough week. I had my first weight gain at a weigh-in.

I've haven't had a bad one, yet, and have been working my arse off (literally) to stay OP. I went from Phase 3 to Phase 4 last week and eased in verrrry gradually (most of my lunches and dinners remained the same). Thursday was my birthday, and I went out of town and ended up having drinks with friends for three nights in a row. During the day, I stayed totally OP and worked out since I knew I'd be going out.

Regardless, at my weigh-in, I was up about a pound. I know that's not a lot, but I was getting excited to get back to my social life of being able to go out and have a few with friends and not having to worry about taking back all the work I just put in with the diet.

Help! I feel so hopeless. Any words of wisdom?

Is it better to eat completely Phase 1 (carb-less) on days when you know you'll be drinking that night (to make up for it)? Or is it better to eat Phase 4, and get your insulin pumping? How can you best prepare your body for a "cheat night"? How much alcohol is too much for a normal Phase 4 day?

What I was thinking is Phase 1 Sunday - Thursday, Friday - Saturday free days. I do better with extremes, like if I have a very set structure during the week and then can completely relax for weekends.

Has anyone tried this technique? Any luck?

Big hugs!
c

IP43 08-16-2012 08:09 AM

I usually post at night... be nice to see my name not on page 18 LOL... what is the difference between posting here or some of the "Vol 11" or whatever posts... there are so many places, I forget where I've been and don't want to post in the wrong spot.
Also, is there a quick way to see what messages you posted yourself? I asked a few questions, but now can't find me! LOL .... the answers remain a mystery...

fitgirl2012 08-16-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bttrhalf (Post 4438982)

I sure hope that you get to feeling better soon! It's no fun to be that sick. Take care of you! :hug:

fitgirl2012 08-16-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njkmaine (Post 4438980)
Good Morning Everyone - phase 1 week 1 day 1

Had a great orientation with my coach yesterday; the food industry has a lot to answer for don't they?

Hope everyone has great OP day!

NJK

Good luck! Stick with the program, and this site, and you will lose!

fitgirl2012 08-16-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynnie63 (Post 4439016)
Morning,

Hey, a loss is a loss! Looks like you are doing a wonderful job of reaching your goals...you'll be there before you know it!!:)