Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalFor40 View Post
I am so glad I started this program, because aside from the weight loss (which is definitely needed), I am starting to be able to imagine a different kind of life for myself. One that doesn't include shopping in special stores, not being able to find shoes that fit, dragging my arse through the day every day, and just making do with my life, instead of making something special. It took me this long, but I finally feel like I am ready to make a permanent change.

Thanks to all for the support- I wouldn't have made it through week one if not for this forum!
Something you said really struck me. "Making do with my life...". Sounds like a cliche here, but life is really too short. We should not waste it just making do. Great insight. It takes determination. But for me, IP is like a medicine I take every day to keep me "alive and well" , both literally and figuratively.

Thanks for that insight for the day!
Old 08-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #62  
IP Newb

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi85 View Post
Today is day 4 for my husband and I. I find the puddings to be horrible and WF farms dressing started tasting funky. Is it ok to just have the drinks for all 3 ID meals? Any suggestions for tasty dressings that are not WF
Have you made the puddings into drinks? I did this morning and it was so much better than the fake sweet of the fruity drinks.

(i'm on day 4 too)
Old 08-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #63  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi85 View Post
Today is day 4 for my husband and I. I find the puddings to be horrible and WF farms dressing started tasting funky. Is it ok to just have the drinks for all 3 ID meals? Any suggestions for tasty dressings that are not WF
I really just do drinks.... it's ok.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
It's a sad sad day in St John the Baptist Parish (where I live). Some of you Louisianians may have heard.
We had a shootout at one of the Refinery's parking lots here and 2 of our officers were killed and another 2 are at different area hospitals undergoing multiplke surgeries. The sherrif said they should be ok. Thank Goodness. I knew both of the officers that were killed and one of the ones at the hospital.
There are 5 suspects in custody at this time. These people used semi-automatic weapons on these police officers

Needless to say my mood is non-existant, kind of. My stomach is in knots and I even thought about eating the doughnuts in the breakroom, but I know better than that. I just heartbroken that my friends lost their husbands and one of the guys had a baby boy. They were both young, 34 and 28.

Anyway, sorry to put a damper on this thread, I just needed to get that out.

Congrats to all you LOSERS!!! Good luck to everyone weighing in today.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday! It's almost FRIDAY!!!
Oh Aimee, that is heartbreaking :-( I am so sorry for your community and those poor families. Be strong, and know that food is not your crutch.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #65  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
It's a sad sad day in St John the Baptist Parish (where I live). Some of you Louisianians may have heard.
We had a shootout at one of the Refinery's parking lots here and 2 of our officers were killed and another 2 are at different area hospitals undergoing multiplke surgeries. The sherrif said they should be ok. Thank Goodness. I knew both of the officers that were killed and one of the ones at the hospital.
There are 5 suspects in custody at this time. These people used semi-automatic weapons on these police officers

Needless to say my mood is non-existant, kind of. My stomach is in knots and I even thought about eating the doughnuts in the breakroom, but I know better than that. I just heartbroken that my friends lost their husbands and one of the guys had a baby boy. They were both young, 34 and 28.

ooh aimee....i am sad for the loss of those 2 young men. it is hard to deal with such tragedy but i know you can do it and stay focused and committed to your goal. life deals hardships and we must always learn to handle those tragedies without the medication of food. I know you can do it. praying for you
Old 08-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #66  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post

I really want to try this, sounds good! Since I'm on alternatives, I'm in search of a comparable oatmeal product.
I'm on alternatives also. I order the maple protein from nashua nutrition. Proti-thin & healthsmart products mostly.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 138/120/115

Height: 5'5

Does anyone know of a good Vanilla Pudding IP packet alternative that isn't so expensive? Or a good low carb protein powder?
Old 08-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #68  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:

I heard about this, this morning and wondered if you were near by there. Sorry for your loss and stay strong, your friends will need you Having those doughnuts or any "other" food you aren't suppose to have will not comfort you in this time. You are strong and can do this
Old 08-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #69  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Aimee3d - Am so sorry to hear about this, and for their families and friends. Hugs to all.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Quote:

So tragic and so sad. So sorry. I will be thinking of you and your friends all day
Old 08-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by chremme View Post
fitgirl I had the same experience.

I was SO surprised to see that when I stopped exercising, the weight starting coming off waaaaaaaaay faster. And I maintained lean muscle mass.

It has honestly been such a nice change. I still love to exercise and bike commute to work 10 miles everyday, but feel like exercise is an integrated part of my life. Not something I HAVE to do or I'll feel guilty about everything I eat.

This has honestly been one of the biggest eye openers of IP for me. Previously, I was running anywhere from 8-10 miles per day, sometimes working out twice a day, eating as little as I could stand, and still gaining! My body basically thought it was starving, so was packing on the pounds for survival. I gained probably about 20 lbs in a year, from working out too much. It was so exhausting and depressing.

It feels great to be in a healthier place, both physically and mentally. We get it so drilled in our heads to work out and reduce calories that I think we often overlook the dangers of taking it too far.

Anyway, congrats! And good luck with your journey.
Hey...thanks so much for your reply!! It appears that I am sooo like you! I have worked out sooo hard these past few years...that giving exercise up the first time around wasn't going to work for me (so I thought). This time it feels weird to not work out when I normally would. But I'm adjusting ok to it. It actually feels like a very refreshing break!!

My questions for you... how many weeks were you in phase 1, and at what point did you decide to gradually add the exercise in? When you did exercise, how much did you do? Thanks so much for sharing!! I'm just curious! I can't wait until I get to that point (much later on) where I can exercise for maybe 1 hour & feel like that was it was a good one! :-)
Old 08-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
“No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.” *
—Tony Robbins
Very true!! Love it!
Old 08-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
My coach told me that exercising hard like that is like burning the candle at both ends, especially at first. I just go on my daily walk with my dog, like I did before IP.
That is the EXACT thing that my coach said! He also mentioned that exercise should really wait until after phase 1. ??
Old 08-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #74  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

I'm so sorry, this is heartbreaking. My prayers go out to the family and friends.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #75  

Aimeed3...so sorry to hear of your loss. I'll be thinking of you today. Please do not eat those donuts...they will not comfort you, turn instead to your friends & family.

LizRR - what kind of low intensity workouts did you do, then? You look absolutely terrific!!
Closed Thread