Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 185/171/145

Height: 5'4"

WI= -1\2#.

A little frustrated. But I still lost + -1.5"s, so that's something to be happy about.

Though I didnt stray with carbs, work was stressful so I didn't eat every few hours as I should. Definitely going to be mindful about eating on time this week. Has anyone else noticed if this affects them?
Old 07-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #92  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quick WI report - I am down -3lb and -1.40% BODY FAT! I confess to being a bit bummed at first when I was 2lb shy of goal (I think I 'unwhooshed' it from this morning, home scale has me at 142lb, and its usually 3lb off), then remembered TOM is starting tomorrow! My mood was QUICKLY lifted when I saw the Body Fat % lost was sky high, granted it was over the 2 weeks, but compared to the lb lost it tells me that I am definitely retaining water now. It should all wash out by next week, since I am officially in my last week of Phase 1!

Oh, and 25% off coupon at Old Navy! Online & in stores!
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/info.do?cid=34939

Last edited by LizRR; 07-27-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Forgot to mention I am in the fitness category now.....what? Crazy and my muscle mass in a higher percentage then my fat finally? Pretty happy, this is the smallest I have EVER been. Overweight child and adult hood up until now. Too many years of yo yo dieting, hopefully when I say gone forever.....it happens. I know I am gonna work very hard to keep it off this time, ALL THE TIME!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Another great WI. Down another 2.2 lbs for a total of 42 lost. Past my half way mark. WOO HOO!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

WI #9 yesterday only lost -1 lb but that is 28.8 in 9 weeks so i am ok with it..i have never lost weight on any other diet
Old 07-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 238/191/148

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
For those of you struggling, remember, you are stronger than food, and by the time you come out of this you will be stronger yet, and able to take on the world without a fork in your hand

Kaypix thanks for this quote, it made my day.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

For those of you who are discouraged because you aren't losing weight or inches as fast as others - please don't be discouraged! We are all individuals and are going to lose at various rates. There a million things that affect weight loss. So, maybe your week wasn't as good as a previous week or you didn't lose as much as the person that posted before you. A loss is a loss, period. You still have lost weight, your doing something healthy for you and that's the important thing. You also need to look at inches. One week, I lost 1/2 lb., but got rid of 3.5 inches. Two weeks ago, I lost 1/2 lb., and no inches. I didn't quit, I didn't even get discouraged, it's part of the journey. Focus on the destination, not the journey. Every journey is going to have bumps in the road! This isn't a competition to see who can lose faster. We did not get fat overnight, nor will it come off overnight. It seems as if some people decide to do IP because they're going to lose 8 lbs. a week and boom be done in two months. That's not realistic, nor would it be healthy. This is a diet - they are not fun- they are a lot of work and they require a lot of dedication to make them work! This should not be just about losing weight, this needs to be about learning how your body works, what are food choices do to our bodies and how we need to change our lives to be healthy! Someone had earlier to look at a pound of butter, and imagine that has gone off your body for good.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #98  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon all!

I need to know something. I KNOW we can't skip meals, at least not on purpose. However, last night's dinner really didn't go through well, I am in 3rd day of phase 2 and meat twice is a day is something I have never ever done even before IP. I was pretty much vegetarian. Anyway, I guess the 2nd chicken meal in the day was too much for me because I felt over-full and nauseous, unable to digest the entire meal. I couldn't take my snack last night (crispy cereal pancakes) as I knew everything would come back right out. As of even this morning, I had to leave work in the middle of my shift because of that horrible feeling, though I forced myself to have breakfast. I am thus missing one dose of protein for yesterday, and I don't know what the impact of this is (will I lose muscle etc). Does anyone know about this?

Thanks in advance, and have a great day

Last edited by Kikie; 07-27-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
For those of you who are discouraged because you aren't losing weight or inches as fast as others - please don't be discouraged! We are all individuals and are going to lose at various rates. There a million things that affect weight loss. So, maybe your week wasn't as good as a previous week or you didn't lose as much as the person that posted before you. A loss is a loss, period. You still have lost weight, your doing something healthy for you and that's the important thing. You also need to look at inches. One week, I lost 1/2 lb., but got rid of 3.5 inches. Two weeks ago, I lost 1/2 lb., and no inches. I didn't quit, I didn't even get discouraged, it's part of the journey. Focus on the destination, not the journey. Every journey is going to have bumps in the road! This isn't a competition to see who can lose faster. We did not get fat overnight, nor will it come off overnight. It seems as if some people decide to do IP because they're going to lose 8 lbs. a week and boom be done in two months. That's not realistic, nor would it be healthy. This is a diet - they are not fun- they are a lot of work and they require a lot of dedication to make them work! This should not be just about losing weight, this needs to be about learning how your body works, what are food choices do to our bodies and how we need to change our lives to be healthy! Someone had earlier to look at a pound of butter, and imagine that has gone off your body for good.
auroragrl VERY WELL SAID!!!

Although I am losing and doing great it is so frustrating with losing 40lbs but only dropping one size. So hard to stay focused but with the support of DH and DS I keep plugging away. This is very hard for me as food is my addition but I need to do this for myself first and then my family. A loss is a loss be it in pounds or inches.

Be proud of yourselves! It is a very hard journey and a life changing one that we will all accomplish if we keep going.

Thanks for all the support on here. Just love you guys!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #100  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
auroragrl VERY WELL SAID!!!

Although I am losing and doing great it is so frustrating with losing 40lbs but only dropping one size. So hard to stay focused but with the support of DH and DS I keep plugging away. This is very hard for me as food is my addition but I need to do this for myself first and then my family. A loss is a loss be it in pounds or inches.

Be proud of yourselves! It is a very hard journey and a life changing one that we will all accomplish if we keep going.

Thanks for all the support on here. Just love you guys!!!
Dont get discouraged!!!! It took me over 30lb to get out of the 16s, and at the end I was dropping from a size 8-2 every 5lb...you will get there! And save your big closet splurge for after you hit goal...i love shopping now!
Old 07-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #101  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi IPeeps,

I've sort of been lurking in the background for a couple of days now dealing with this pain in my foot. I went back to the doctor today. He took lots of x-rays and said my foot looks great. In other words, he hasn't a clue why it hurts. No arthritis in the painful joint, no apparent fracture. In two weeks, I'm scheduled for a 3 phase bone scan on the area. All the while I'm still having to wear this air boot "cast" and deal with the pain. The boot makes my foot and leg swell, the pain seems to make me hungry. I feel like I'm blowing up like a blimp. I hate to WI this weekend. The only positive thing is I'm off from work for 3 more weeks, at least.

Sorry to be doom and gloom, but I'm just not perky. I only posted because some of you have known me for a while and want to know how I'm doing. Thanks for the concern. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I'll hang in there through this and i won't cheat. Before I would have eaten enough chocolate to close down the Hershey factory.

Molly
Old 07-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi IPeeps,

I've sort of been lurking in the background for a couple of days now dealing with this pain in my foot. I went back to the doctor today. He took lots of x-rays and said my foot looks great. In other words, he hasn't a clue why it hurts. No arthritis in the painful joint, no apparent fracture. In two weeks, I'm scheduled for a 3 phase bone scan on the area. All the while I'm still having to wear this air boot "cast" and deal with the pain. The boot makes my foot and leg swell, the pain seems to make me hungry. I feel like I'm blowing up like a blimp. I hate to WI this weekend. The only positive thing is I'm off from work for 3 more weeks, at least.

Sorry to be doom and gloom, but I'm just not perky. I only posted because some of you have known me for a while and want to know how I'm doing. Thanks for the concern. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I'll hang in there through this and i won't cheat. Before I would have eaten enough chocolate to close down the Hershey factory.

Molly
Sorry you can't get any relief Molly. Hopefully it will be better soon - I'll be thinking of you.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 185/171/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Hi IPeeps,

Molly
I hope the pain (overall) an the swelling (from the boot) subside soon!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #104  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Hi IPeeps,

Molly
Oh, Molly, you certainly don't sound like yourself! I hope someone can find something to help you feel better. I'm thinking about you.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #105  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

A request from Chloe for my Strawberry, rhubarb cheesecake ice cream.

2 cups of frozen rhubarb microwaved until mushy, then added a Tbls or two of WF strawberry syrup and cooled some. Put it in my magic bullet with 4 oz. Of water and a packet of Healthsmart cheesecake pudding (vanilla would work). And then put it in my new Hamilton Beach half pint ice cream maker for 10 to 15 min and yummy! Before I just put it in the freezer and stirred a few times until frosty enough.
Closed Thread