Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #16  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Justbecause - Thank you! This program is great! Had been teetering on the edge of 170/171 for over 2 weeks, so am very excited.
Kristina - Congrats! I don't knit, but used to sew a lot, so I understand the excitement of new yarn
Old 07-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/182.8/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
Hi Jodster! I lost only 1 pound on week 3. I was sad, but just kept trudging through, 100% OP. Well, this week I had my WI and had lost 6.5 pounds! Low weeks suck, but big weeks are awesome...just one more piece of this emotional rollercoaster! If anything, just know, you are not alone! I can totally relate, but JUST KEEP GOING!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR POST...it really helps to be able to relate to someone to know that you are experiencing something that DOES happen to other people too! I knew after 7lbs lost last week I probably wouldn't have a big loss this week..but secretly hoped for more than 2!! Big losses won't happen every week...so this will just be another tool in my tool belt on how to NOT be disappointed by the unexpected...I shall trudge along!! On a positive..I was craving chocolate last night so I had my chocolate soy puffs...OMG...perfect!!!!
Thanks again....it really means alot!!
Old 07-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #18  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Morning IP Family.
I'm loving the summer, and loving figuring out what works for me in maintenance. Just remember everyone, the things you're giving up are just for now, not forever.
Will be attending a wedding this evening and, by the advice of my daughters, I will be rockin the quintessential little black dress! Thanks IP.
Wishing everyone a gread OP day!
Yes, photos please! Have fun at the wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie68 View Post
I just got through Thursday's postings, so many great posts! Once school is back in session I need to force myself not to read until evening otherwise I get sucked in to the vortex.

LizRR you look GREAT!

I'm sad that I don't have a before pic (I've avoided the camera for years). I don't know why the clinic didn't take one?? When my husband and I were on our "honeymoon" trip a few weeks ago, I loved being able to wear cute clothes, it makes such a difference. It was sweet because he kept taking pictures of me because he said he didn't have any. Jeeze big surprise there.

My home scale ( I weigh myself once per day when I first wake up) reports that I'm back at my pre-France weight. 5.5 pounds lost since Sunday???? Crazy but very much appreciated.

Kids and I are volunteering at the soup kitchen again this morning. We made 40 bagged lunches yesterday. Last week it was really cool as they put us in the front line handing out meals directly to the guests. Of course I get put at the dessert table and it was all very yummy looking. I'm like seriously Julie STOP you are not stealing the homeless people's food. I was humbled by the kind comments that the majority of the people made and horrified by some not so kind complainers about having spaghetti (again). Either way it was a cool experience and I'm looking forward to today.

I have two days next week that I need to travel. 1 of the meals is "preset" and 2 lunches out in restaurants. I'm going to bring some packets for the remainder and attempt to follow phase 2 for the meals out. I'm going to make 3 batches of my homemade vinegar and oil that I love, put each in a little pill container from the pharmacy and carry in my purse.

Here is my issue: I have many great supportive people surrounding me but I have a few people in my world that sometimes badger me at social events. What do you say to these people??? "you don't need to lose weight" "have a vodka- it has no sugar" "seriously- you can't have a strawberry??? what kind of diet is this?). I know they are unhappy with themselves but I hate having to explain my choices. I am not good with confrontational people- I like to quietly fly under the radar and not receive any attention. I hate that they are assessing my body (i.e. you don't need to lose). I'm thinking a simple response like "i'm fine with it" and if it continues saying "seriously I'm fine.... I'm not sure why you keep bringing it up". Its worse than highschool! I feel like I need to go in armed, sad as it is.

Anyway....thats about it for me
Vortex...perfect description! It sucks me up on a daily basis, too! I go back to school half time next week and will probably suffer from withdrawal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Good morning everyone! Unofficially, I did it! Dropped into the next decade...My scales read 169.2 this morning Next official WI is next Thursday (only go every 2 weeks).

Julie, though I haven't had to deal with people pushing food at me yet this time around, a few years ago I lost over 40 lbs. Got down to 150-something. My mother started freaking out, saying I'm going to become anorexic! Really??? I'm 5'2". Was actually still way too heavy! Geez. There are so many comments you can make in these situations, but you do NOT have to explain your choices to anyone! For those annoying people who just won't let it go, I would say "This is my private business. I know what I'm doing and am very happy with how healthy I'm becoming." Or something along that line. Good luck!
Dakin - Have a great time tonight!
Woohoo! Congrats on making it into the 160's! Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
I hit the 30 pound off goal. Wheee!. I was at 28 pounds off two weeks ago, but then I had the mysterious 5 pound gain that stayed steady for two weeks and finally went away taking another pound with it today.

30 pound goal is YARN, perfect timing because I'm going out of town this weekend and get to visit a yarn store. (For those of you who don't knit, that sounds boring, for those of you who knit or crochet you know it is exciting. And, by the way, if you are a knit/crochet person join the Ideal Protein Group on Ravelry where we are all knitting smaller things for ourselves.)

I've taken 12 inches off my waist and the sweater I knit hoping to fit into by September already fits. So this time It will be a size smaller. Yippeee!!!
Awesome job! Maybe you will have to start knitting faster!
Old 07-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #19  

Quote:
Hi Jodster! I lost only 1 pound on week 3. I was sad, but just kept trudging through, 100% OP. Well, this week I had my WI and had lost 6.5 pounds! Low weeks suck, but big weeks are awesome...just one more piece of this emotional rollercoaster! If anything, just know, you are not alone! I can totally relate, but JUST KEEP GOING!
I just noticed you are from Wisconsin!!! I live in Florida but was born and raised for 28 years in Marshfield...my brother and his family still live in Green Bay so we visit once a year!! Where are you?
Old 07-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #20  
Began IP 6/27/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodster View Post
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR POST...it really helps to be able to relate to someone to know that you are experiencing something that DOES happen to other people too! I knew after 7lbs lost last week I probably wouldn't have a big loss this week..but secretly hoped for more than 2!! Big losses won't happen every week...so this will just be another tool in my tool belt on how to NOT be disappointed by the unexpected...I shall trudge along!! On a positive..I was craving chocolate last night so I had my chocolate soy puffs...OMG...perfect!!!!
No problem...it helps me so much too knowing that I am not the only one out there that is going through this. It's funny because 2 lbs just seems so much better than one lousy pound and for the entire week that I only lost 1 pound it was constantly on my mind. I have been on so many diets before and have lost pretty much nothing. I would have been thrilled to lose 1 pound in a week! So, I know I have to just keep trudging along, sometimes not happily, but I do because this is working for me. Those evil thoughts that sneak into my mind though can go away anytime!!! And, yes, chocolate soy puffs....MMMMMMMMM. Have you tried the cookies n cream bar? I actually had to stop buying the bars because they are so good I was afraid that I would eat the whole box! Have a great day!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #21  
Began IP 6/27/12

Quote:
I just noticed you are from Wisconsin!!! I live in Florida but was born and raised for 28 years in Marshfield...my brother and his family still live in Green Bay so we visit once a year!! Where are you?
Ha! Small world, huh? I am in Rice Lake...about an hour north of Eau Claire. There are two other people from Wisconsin on here...one in Eau Claire and one in Appleton. I actually lived in Merrill, just north of Wausau for 10 years prior to moving to Rice Lake. We were pretty much neighbors! I will just say this one time, GO PACK GO!!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Quote:
Ha! Small world, huh? I am in Rice Lake...about an hour north of Eau Claire. There are two other people from Wisconsin on here...one in Eau Claire and one in Appleton. I actually lived in Merrill, just north of Wausau for 10 years prior to moving to Rice Lake. We were pretty much neighbors! I will just say this one time, GO PACK GO!!
I second that, GO PACK GO!!!

Jodster, I'm from Appleton, but I'm kind of familiar with Marshfield....I work for a construction company and I just bid 2 jobs at the Marshfield Clinic this week. That's why I haven't been on here much this week - too busy!

Thinking I won't have much of a loss this week, but that's ok. I met up with some people who I haven't seen in awhile the other night. They all commented on my weight loss, which was nice. I think they were the first ones who didn't really know about this diet to comment.

Tomorrow night I'm doing the Packers 5K, which will lap the inside of Lambeau Field. My 9 year old son is doing it too. I'm sure he'll get a big kick out of it! He'll be running, while I walk most of it!!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #23  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Good Morning All....I had my WI #3 this morning.....only down 1lb. I am struggling with it because in my mind it is ONLY 1 lb....but then my mind also says I lost 7 lbs last week so how can I expect to have another big number this week?? UGH....I feel crazy going back and forth....I will press on and continue to move on as I know I stayed 100% OP....we didn't measure so here's to a BIG week next week!!! Everyone have a GREAT day.....
I had a -0.4 week, somewhere around week 7, I was like WTF??? But remember:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
I hit the 30 pound off goal. Wheee!. I was at 28 pounds off two weeks ago, but then I had the mysterious 5 pound gain that stayed steady for two weeks and finally went away taking another pound with it today.
Congratulations!! That is so great that you hit that mile marker!

Quote:
Way to beat temptation!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #24  
Start: 7/23/12

S/C/G: 223/216/165

Height: 5'9

Happy Friday all!! Today has been good so far, feeling SOOO much better ( still in week one). Just found out I will be working EMS coverage at a BBQ championship tomorrow and that is going to be my first HUGE challenge, not eating all the yummy stuff there Hopefully I will stay OP, and not make any slip ups I will regret!!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #25  
04/23/12~Kara

Default Today's the trip

Hey all, today's the day I ride by myself all the way to Centerville, MN to visit my cousins and spend the day with them tomorrow, helping move a child's room to keep his brother safer, move the home-schooling area to another part of the house, and very possibly some deep cleaning. I packed my sports bra, sneakers, and nothing remotely tight or sexy, cuz let's face it, a woman covered in grime does not sexy make!

NSV - I needed a jacket to wear up to the cities, I prefer to wear an armored jacket (elbows, shoulders and an "armadillo" on the back for spine protection) and I was too cheap to buy one, was going to borrow DH's since I figured I've lost enough weight to maybe fit in it. I tried it on and was SWIMMING, and I was really dejected because the only other jacket I had was the one I wore when I bought my bike, June 2006. I had tried it on less than a month ago, or maybe right about then, and the bottom wouldn't zip at all. I figured my hips got bigger in 6 years (bought it when I was 21, not "developed" yet). Well, that puppy fits now, and it makes my waist look itty bitty! I'm officially the size of my first year of marriage (which means my reception dress fitting a few weeks ago was definitely an indicator), and think I will actually be smaller than when I got married by the time this is all said and done. THANK YOU IP!!! On a side note, I will probably also be pregnant by the time this is all done, my god. lol.

Ahhhh! And I have another NSV,, kind of. My MIL makes backhanded compliments all the time "oh look, you're finally getting a butt" after 25 lbs lost, and "you're getting so thin, too bad your boobs are gone, get used to it!" She can be such a B**** sometimes. Well I went to Victoria Secret this weekend to get sized for a new bra, my old ones are pitiful, and turns out, I lost a total of 4" in band size since I bought my last bra (which was probably over a year ago, don't judge lol), but my cup size stayed at a D, which is what it got up to when I became pregnant (from a B to a "full" D, thought I went down afterwards but apparently my bra just sucked) So... I bought a "cleavage" pushup bra from penney's and now the girls look a-mazing!!! (ladies out there, you know what I mean when I say you look "perky" and it makes you feel like a million bucks )

I hope everyone has a great weekend, my cousins don't have internet or cable, so if I can't piggy back off someone else's wi-fi I'll just be reading posts from my phone (nothing like squinting at a 3" screen to make you feel like you need bifocals!), for those of you who are new, just know this program works, and you are WORTH it! For those of you struggling, remember, you are stronger than food, and by the time you come out of this you will be stronger yet, and able to take on the world without a fork in your hand
Old 07-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #26  

julied31....WOW it sure is a small world!! I LOVE Appleton...we would come to the mall frequently and go SHOPPING!!!! The Marshfield Clinic has grown SO much over the years..I have made countless trips there over my 28 years of living there! I will be visiting in Green Bay in a couple weeks and we always have to stop at Lambeau field!! I am dreading the temptation of CHEESE CURDS.....I must say NOOOO!!!!

Kaypix.....you are my ANGEL...thank you SO SO much for your post...yes that does certainly put it into perspective!!! Just what I needed.....
Old 07-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #27  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

I have a question...have any of you experienced low energy &/or fatigue after you've been OP for a few weeks? After the first week I was rarin' to go. I've been 100%, getting my salt & evoo & vitamins in, but just can't seem to shake this. It's been 2 - 3 weeks now. Last night every time I sat down I dosed off within 30 seconds! Just wondering if it's the program, the heat/humidity (though that's better the last couple of days), or some anxiety over losing one of my jobs???? Any ideas?
Old 07-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
I second that, GO PACK GO!!!

Jodster, I'm from Appleton, but I'm kind of familiar with Marshfield....I work for a construction company and I just bid 2 jobs at the Marshfield Clinic this week. That's why I haven't been on here much this week - too busy!

Thinking I won't have much of a loss this week, but that's ok. I met up with some people who I haven't seen in awhile the other night. They all commented on my weight loss, which was nice. I think they were the first ones who didn't really know about this diet to comment.

Tomorrow night I'm doing the Packers 5K, which will lap the inside of Lambeau Field. My 9 year old son is doing it too. I'm sure he'll get a big kick out of it! He'll be running, while I walk most of it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
I had a -0.4 week, somewhere around week 7, I was like WTF??? But remember:

Congratulations!! That is so great that you hit that mile marker!

Way to beat temptation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Hey all, today's the day I ride by myself all the way to Centerville, MN to visit my cousins and spend the day with them tomorrow, helping move a child's room to keep his brother safer, move the home-schooling area to another part of the house, and very possibly some deep cleaning. I packed my sports bra, sneakers, and nothing remotely tight or sexy, cuz let's face it, a woman covered in grime does not sexy make!

NSV - I needed a jacket to wear up to the cities, I prefer to wear an armored jacket (elbows, shoulders and an "armadillo" on the back for spine protection) and I was too cheap to buy one, was going to borrow DH's since I figured I've lost enough weight to maybe fit in it. I tried it on and was SWIMMING, and I was really dejected because the only other jacket I had was the one I wore when I bought my bike, June 2006. I had tried it on less than a month ago, or maybe right about then, and the bottom wouldn't zip at all. I figured my hips got bigger in 6 years (bought it when I was 21, not "developed" yet). Well, that puppy fits now, and it makes my waist look itty bitty! I'm officially the size of my first year of marriage (which means my reception dress fitting a few weeks ago was definitely an indicator), and think I will actually be smaller than when I got married by the time this is all said and done. THANK YOU IP!!! On a side note, I will probably also be pregnant by the time this is all done, my god. lol.

Ahhhh! And I have another NSV,, kind of. My MIL makes backhanded compliments all the time "oh look, you're finally getting a butt" after 25 lbs lost, and "you're getting so thin, too bad your boobs are gone, get used to it!" She can be such a B**** sometimes. Well I went to Victoria Secret this weekend to get sized for a new bra, my old ones are pitiful, and turns out, I lost a total of 4" in band size since I bought my last bra (which was probably over a year ago, don't judge lol), but my cup size stayed at a D, which is what it got up to when I became pregnant (from a B to a "full" D, thought I went down afterwards but apparently my bra just sucked) So... I bought a "cleavage" pushup bra from penney's and now the girls look a-mazing!!! (ladies out there, you know what I mean when I say you look "perky" and it makes you feel like a million bucks )

I hope everyone has a great weekend, my cousins don't have internet or cable, so if I can't piggy back off someone else's wi-fi I'll just be reading posts from my phone (nothing like squinting at a 3" screen to make you feel like you need bifocals!), for those of you who are new, just know this program works, and you are WORTH it! For those of you struggling, remember, you are stronger than food, and by the time you come out of this you will be stronger yet, and able to take on the world without a fork in your hand
I forgot to add.....Drive safe and be careful!!! Congrats on your new purchases....that is the BEST feeling in the world and I cannot wait!!! You are right..I AM stronger than food!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

WI this morning. Down 2.2#. I'm getting close to non-frumpyland!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #30  
04/23/12~Kara

Quote:
Kaypix.....you are my ANGEL...thank you SO SO much for your post...yes that does certainly put it into perspective!!! Just what I needed.....
You're welcome Everyone once and a while I have a low loss week and am like "dangit!" but then I look back and say "Wait, I lost 30+ lbs, even with weeks like this, I am ROCKING this diet!" and that makes me feel better
Closed Thread