Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #76  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
You have done a great job! Don't stop till you cross the finish line. I was out of town I think when you had your surgery. I hope it all went well and you are healing just fine. I know I had that bloated tummy for several weeks after, but it finally went away. And course loosing a lot of weight helped too. Good luck at your WI today.
My surgery went very well. It's been 9 days and I am feeling real good. Was gassy and bloated for about 6 days and weak and really dizzy till a few days ago. I am taking it very easy and not doing much of anything. I am bored out of my mind!!! Thank you for asking
Old 07-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #77  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

Height: 5'2"

I had my Week #4 WI today... Six lbs down and six inches down, also!
Old 07-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #78  
Started IP 2/23/2012

Woo Hoo, I hit 50 pounds removed today

Back on Phase 1 to FINISH THIS!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

[QUOTE=mooselover;4418431]Good morning everyone. I have been at this 22 weeks now and I finally went to read the "best quoting tip every" and it was about signatures!!! Oh well. I guess I will just keep posting separately.

Kaypix- Have a great trip. You are a great person to do this!!!
Veroli- You are supposed to stay on Phase 1 till you reach 100% of you goal.

Good job on the weigh in's this morning. I will be going to mine in an hour. The devil keeps messing with my mind. I keep going back and forth with "is my weight good enough right now" I am not looking forward to going back to Phase 1 today, but I know I will be so proud of myself when I "finish this". I am so close and will be mad at myself eventually if I don't reach my goal. Even if I am only a few pounds away from it. I have to keep talking to myself the last few days. So I am telling you this to keep me accountable. I WILL FINISH THIS!!! DON'T LET ME STOP SHORT OF MY GOAL!!! I AM WORTH IT!!!

I bet you can be there in 2 weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
164 baby !! so happy ..wish my tracker worked my daughter and I went shopping yesterday for outfits for family pictures..first time getting family pictures very excited..I would pick out size large and she would have to go pick out size medium for me everytime..very exciting.. hope everyone has a great weekend !!
Love it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
I asked about restricted items this morning, and was discouraged. My couch said I could use them and limit myself to about two per week. I didn't see the Strawberry Wafers, do I didn't get any restricted though I do have Pure Protein bars at home and had one last Friday night and another last Saturday night when I went out and everyone I was with was having beer and popcorn and I felt I needed something special.

Any thoughts on this? I had my best weigh in since Week 1 this week, but today was only my fourth WI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clh99002 View Post
locopollo Sorry if I am late on your conversation: Why only two restricted per week? I know there are higher carb restricted meals on IP per week like the chili and chicken a la king...but I thought restricted bars and snacks are OK. Just wondering what your coach's reason for limiting those items are. Thanks! :-)
Watch your food journal - notice trends - You can have 1 restricted item per day - you can have your bars/"chips" at night - I save mine for my evening snack - that way I feel like I'm a treat. I have been on for 10 weeks and have average of 3.1 lbs. per week. When you journal it and watch for trends, you will know if it works or not.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy5744 View Post
So far i have followed the diet to a T and long lost 5lbs total
Week 1: 3 lbs
Week 2: 2 lbs.

I am going to weigh in again tonight but i don't feel like I lost every much this week.

Any tips to get greater losses each week? I truly am sticking with it for the long haul -- but I have to admit jealous because i didn't have a big losses like i have been reading on this site.

I only have 1 restricted per day- measure all veggies, oil and sea salt. Drink at least 64 oz water a day and take all my vitamins.

Maybe I'm just a slow loser
Cathy- hang in there. Many people here lose lower amounts. I'm averaging 2 pounds or so a week. The important thing is that you are losing! You're not in a competition with anyone but the scale - and as long as it is going down, you're winning!! You may even hit a plateau - you'll get past that and be back on track before you know it.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #81  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I asked about restricted items this morning, and was discouraged. My couch said I could use them and limit myself to about two per week. I didn't see the Strawberry Wafers, do I didn't get any restricted though I do have Pure Protein bars at home and had one last Friday night and another last Saturday night when I went out and everyone I was with was having beer and popcorn and I felt I needed something special.
Any thoughts on this? I had my best weigh in since Week 1 this week, but today was only my fourth WI.
Quote:
She said we don't want to slow down my loss with extra carbs. She suggested the BBQ soy puffs since they're lower carb.
I'm not sure I buy it though. Even if I add 15 carbs daily, it is still a very low carb diet.
I hate saying "just listen to your coach" because I'm coachless and doing OK, but think of it as an experiment. Do what they say for 2 weeks and see if your loss increases or decreases. If your loss is smaller than "normal" you can nya nya nya nya nya nah at your coach and go back to eating your restricteds. I did hardly any restricteds at the start of this diet (alternatives) and I've found candybars that AREN'T restricted (Proti-thin dream bar OMG good), they only start with 6g carbs and have like 2g fiber or some such, and 15g protein. My "high" carb stuff has closer to 14g and about 4-5g fiber, so I count those bars as restricted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy5744 View Post
So far i have followed the diet to a T and long lost 5lbs total
Week 1: 3 lbs
Week 2: 2 lbs.
I am going to weigh in again tonight but i don't feel like I lost every much this week.
Any tips to get greater losses each week? I truly am sticking with it for the long haul -- but I have to admit jealous because i didn't have a big losses like i have been reading on this site.
I only have 1 restricted per day- measure all veggies, oil and sea salt. Drink at least 64 oz water a day and take all my vitamins.
Maybe I'm just a slow loser
I didn't see your weight posted, if you don't have too much to lose that will affect how fast you lose, also what your eating habits were BEFORE IP, so if you were a junkaholic or carbaholic, the diet would probably be faster than if you normally watched what you ate, but made poor choices occasionally. Make sure you're getting in all your water, as we pee out a good chunk of those ketones (i.e. fatcrap) and we need water to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
Today's weigh-in day.
Weighed myself on my own scale this morning said down 2 lbs. I felt good about that.
At the center their scale said I was down 5 lbs.! Holy gondoodle....that floored me, I was not expecting this much!
I feel kind of strange cause I now weigh my "if only" weight.....I'd always say to myself "If only I weighed 175 lbs." well today I weigh that, after only 50 days...I am in total shock!!!!
I think I need to have a bath and maybe have a good cry - I'm feeling very overwhelmed and surprisingly emotional.
IP is amazing.....all of you are amazing!!!
Congratulations!!! Today is a huge day for you! This can be a very emotional journey, and it happens so fast sometimes we don't have the proper time to process it all (like a death in the family right before you join the military or something equally life changing, you don't really process the death until life slows down enough to grieve). I know I look in the mirror and I see the "old" me, but I fit in clothes that I got married in, which is size 10...I was a size 16 in april...but somehow I still see me in the mirror and think "16", not "10"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
So glad it's Friday. Had some bad news this week. Just starting week three and I find out we are having pay cuts again at work. This is the second time I'm having to go through this.
I've lost 14 lbs already on IP, but the cost of the IP products are expensive. I'm switching to alternatives now. Just used up my last IP packets today.
I've ordered products from Nashua Nutrition which are less than 1/2 the price of IP. I'm hoping that the weight loss continues to be the same as when I used the actual IP products.
I'm on alternatives, my #'s are in my siggy line, but I also allow some milk, cheese, butter when cooking, and peanut butter if desperation strikes.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #82  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Mooselover-I sent you a PM for multiple quotes/responses and bumped the thread up as well
Old 07-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Howdy IPeeps - quick pop-in as I find myself getting more sucked in and I have to get down to the lab! My WI is at 1pm today, I missed last weeks WI when I was on vacation - but am pretty sure I will make goal.

Regardless, I decided to go ahead and stick with Phase 1 for one more week. I have business travel scheduled for what would be my first Phase 3 week if I were to start phasing off, and I don't want to add any extra obstacles when I am on the road. And Phase 2 on travel is pretty easy, I did it in Week 3 and it was a breeze. Plus, I can do Phase 1 on my head now and maybe I'll burn off a few more BF%s! Still crossing my fingers to make it to the 'Fitness' category!
Good luck Liz! I wanted to tell you too - yesterday i followed your timing for eating before a workout and it worked great. It was the best I've felt through my kickboxing class in a long time. Love that I'm learning so much from this forum!
Renee
Old 07-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #84  
Started IP 2/23/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Mooselover-I sent you a PM for multiple quotes/responses and bumped the thread up as well
Got it, thanks Just hope I can figure it out.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemIAm View Post
Now for my big (or "small") announcement:

As of yesterday's weigh-in......

I hit ONEderland Baby!!!!!!!

I actually cried in my coach's office - then went out to my car & cried a little more before I could drive to work.
SUPER!!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #86  
Lucky Lady

S/C/G: 212/191.4/150

Quote:
I actually "cheat" (not really) and I have pre-cooked chicken breat tenders in my fridge. When I am really exhausted (but no more than twice a day) I give myself a little extra cooked protein. I also take Omegas and Flaxseed. I really do work the diet - but I think my body does better with the addition of a little "good fat" and a little extra protein.

OMG - Cupcake Truck! I didn't even know such a monster existed! Good for you resisting pizza & cupcakes. YES - a pedicure is a great "0 calorie" way to take care of you!

I actually cried in my coach's office - then went out to my car & cried a little more before I could drive to work.
HOW AWESOME! Absolutely wonderful for you!! Sending you a huge (from all of us) group hug!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 200/182.8/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
I actually "cheat" (not really) and I have pre-cooked chicken breat tenders in my fridge. When I am really exhausted (but no more than twice a day) I give myself a little extra cooked protein. I also take Omegas and Flaxseed. I really do work the diet - but I think my body does better with the addition of a little "good fat" and a little extra protein.

OMG - Cupcake Truck! I didn't even know such a monster existed! Good for you resisting pizza & cupcakes. YES - a pedicure is a great "0 calorie" way to take care of you!

YAY!!!!!!!!
GOOD JOB...it's like I read on here...nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!! The same thing goes for your moment!! Way to go!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #88  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
I hit the 30 pound off goal. Wheee!.
Yippeee!!!
way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! so proud of you for hanging in there!!! now THATS how to get it done!! woohoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Because I don't believe in the low fat way of life, I will be following the primal/paleo way of eating once I get to goal, but I do thank goodness for IP everyday.
i have just been researching a little info on this...its certainly a great way to live!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoboiler View Post
I had my 10th weigh in and I'm at 35.5lbs. I am so happy. I am getting to wear the clothes I want and feel good in them now. I had my bridal shower and tasting last week for my wedding...my DF let our family members partake instead of us to stay on plan...it was kind of fun since we know we will be tasting the food at our wedding. The best part was I wasn't afraid to be in pictures at the shower and it was the best feeling. We also planned our engagement photos in another week because we wanted to lose weight...we are both different people and the pictures are something we can be proud of.

My mom joined three weeks ago due to my DF and my success. She's lost 22.5lbs...I think this will literally be a life changing thing for her. I can't wait to see her journey.
!
oooh what an awesome week!!! i know you are excited for your weight loss AND your wedding!!!

I wish my mom was like your mom....my mom who is very petite and around 125 lbs just never could accept that i became "amazon woman" as she coined it to me many years ago, and i can never forget...all she said to me was oh lord, what are you trying now??? sometimes it sucks not having much family support, but i am thankful i have 3fc and all you beautiful ladies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
Good Morning Ip Peeps
so everyone have a great day and stay OP!!
hi aimee!!!! hope you have having a fabulous friday!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good Morning All from Hardy, BC

Dieter's forecast: Partly cloudy with a chance of "Im feeling skinny today".

Well the olympic games will air in two hours here..opening ceremonies arent my favorite to watch.. i find them rather boring...however.. i will be watching my favorite events : Gymnastics and Diving..woot woot!!! Go Canada Go!

sooooo lovin your forecasts!!! keep them coming!
ooh and i am right there with you on the olympics journey....been watching the pre-games soccer tournaments and hubby and i have a date for the opening ceremonies 2nite!! woohooo GO USA GO!!

Quote:

WOW!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!! SO PROUD!!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone, hope everyone is having a great day! Very busy day today, getting ready for my first borns b-day party tomorrow.....she is turning 9.....where has the time gone? Sooooooo getting stuff together to make cake, decorate, presents and games for 7 girls.......oh and a sleep over! Wish me luck!

Great WI yesterday, down 3.....completely surprised and very happy! Dialed in my food abit, ate fish mostly with some chicken, no rutabaga fries, but turnip fries instead and an extra protein pack. Seemed to do the trick. Some days I needed extra meat too, super hungry too, but was also surprised with my TOM this morning...may have been the hungry reason. Lol

Anyway hope everyone is having a great OP day! Cooking some fish, while reading some post from some amazing people....then off to drop my daughter off to another party tonight.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

It is a BEAUTIFUL day here - should be outside! I just wanna play hookey.
Closed Thread