Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veroli View Post
I do weight myself everyday but I try no to worry when the scale doesn't move.
Exactly! I do it more to see how my body reacts to stress, sodium, foods, etc.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #47  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post

NSV - I needed a jacket to wear up to the cities, I prefer to wear an armored jacket (elbows, shoulders and an "armadillo" on the back for spine protection) and I was too cheap to buy one, was going to borrow DH's since I figured I've lost enough weight to maybe fit in it. I tried it on and was SWIMMING, and I was really dejected because the only other jacket I had was the one I wore when I bought my bike, June 2006. I had tried it on less than a month ago, or maybe right about then, and the bottom wouldn't zip at all. I figured my hips got bigger in 6 years (bought it when I was 21, not "developed" yet). Well, that puppy fits now, and it makes my waist look itty bitty! I'm officially the size of my first year of marriage (which means my reception dress fitting a few weeks ago was definitely an indicator), and think I will actually be smaller than when I got married by the time this is all said and done. THANK YOU IP!!! On a side note, I will probably also be pregnant by the time this is all done, my god. lol.

Ahhhh! And I have another NSV,, kind of. My MIL makes backhanded compliments all the time "oh look, you're finally getting a butt" after 25 lbs lost, and "you're getting so thin, too bad your boobs are gone, get used to it!" She can be such a B**** sometimes. Well I went to Victoria Secret this weekend to get sized for a new bra, my old ones are pitiful, and turns out, I lost a total of 4" in band size since I bought my last bra (which was probably over a year ago, don't judge lol), but my cup size stayed at a D, which is what it got up to when I became pregnant (from a B to a "full" D, thought I went down afterwards but apparently my bra just sucked) So... I bought a "cleavage" pushup bra from penney's and now the girls look a-mazing!!! (ladies out there, you know what I mean when I say you look "perky" and it makes you feel like a million bucks )
Well you should feel like a million bucks. Have fun and ride safe. Congrats on the new clothes and feeling good about it! Very happy for you!

Quote:
Good morning everyone! I have a question. I am 6 pounds from my goal. I've been on Phase 1 for 15 weeks and I don't know when to do Phase 2. I really think the people in this forum have more experience than my coach =( (sad but true).
Thanks for any advise you can give me.
I know some folks try to go five pounds or so beyond goal before switching out of phase 1. I am a long way from that time but congratulations to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Hi everyone, hope you're all having a good day!

Yesterday was my first day OP. I wasn't starving, but definitely a but hungry throughout. After dinner I was strongly craving sweets so I had a chocolate pudding. Wasn't too good but did the trick! I actually think I would have been fine with half a packet.

I know we're not supposed to, but I have always weighed myself morning for years. Today the scale said I lost 3.4 lbs! it's most likely just water weight (was peeing like a racehorse) but it was still a nice feeling :-)
It does feel good!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

I had my 10th weigh in and I'm at 35.5lbs. I am so happy. I am getting to wear the clothes I want and feel good in them now. I had my bridal shower and tasting last week for my wedding...my DF let our family members partake instead of us to stay on plan...it was kind of fun since we know we will be tasting the food at our wedding. The best part was I wasn't afraid to be in pictures at the shower and it was the best feeling. We also planned our engagement photos in another week because we wanted to lose weight...we are both different people and the pictures are something we can be proud of.

My mom joined three weeks ago due to my DF and my success. She's lost 22.5lbs...I think this will literally be a life changing thing for her. I can't wait to see her journey.

I want to wish everyone a happy Friday, but also say I LOVE THIS DIET, I LOVE THIS DIET, I LOVE THIS DIET!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodster View Post
Good Morning All....I had my WI #3 this morning.....only down 1lb. I am struggling with it because in my mind it is ONLY 1 lb....but then my mind also says I lost 7 lbs last week so how can I expect to have another big number this week?? UGH....I feel crazy going back and forth....I will press on and continue to move on as I know I stayed 100% OP....we didn't measure so here's to a BIG week next week!!! Everyone have a GREAT day.....
Just think of that 1 lb. as a pound of butter. If you put that back on Your body somewhere, where would you want it? Thigh? Elbow? Nose?

It is actually quite a bit!

And you body is adjusting. Think long run, not week to week.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
I hit the 30 pound off goal. Wheee!. I was at 28 pounds off two weeks ago, but then I had the mysterious 5 pound gain that stayed steady for two weeks and finally went away taking another pound with it today.

30 pound goal is YARN, perfect timing because I'm going out of town this weekend and get to visit a yarn store. (For those of you who don't knit, that sounds boring, for those of you who knit or crochet you know it is exciting. And, by the way, if you are a knit/crochet person join the Ideal Protein Group on Ravelry where we are all knitting smaller things for ourselves.)

I've taken 12 inches off my waist and the sweater I knit hoping to fit into by September already fits. So this time It will be a size smaller. Yippeee!!!
I am a knitter too ! I have seen you in ravelry, but I have not been there for a couple of weeks.
So I can relate to yarn shopping.
I am on vacation in Oregon, and spotted a yarn store in Newport! Going there today. A reward for staying 100% OP while on vacation!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #51  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
I do weight myself everyday but I try no to worry when the scale doesn't move.
I've always weighed myself everyday because I'm fine with the fluctuations. As long as you can handle the fluctuations and know that the scale will move up and down and often not move at all for days, then I wouldn't worry about it. Also if you find yourself weighing in MORE than once in the morning in your birthday suit before you eat anything, then it might be time to put the scale away.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #52  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Good job on the weigh in's this morning. I will be going to mine in an hour. The devil keeps messing with my mind. I keep going back and forth with "is my weight good enough right now" I am not looking forward to going back to Phase 1 today, but I know I will be so proud of myself when I "finish this". I am so close and will be mad at myself eventually if I don't reach my goal. Even if I am only a few pounds away from it. I have to keep talking to myself the last few days. So I am telling you this to keep me accountable. I WILL FINISH THIS!!! DON'T LET ME STOP SHORT OF MY GOAL!!! I AM WORTH IT!!!

Thanks for listening
You have done a great job! Don't stop till you cross the finish line. I was out of town I think when you had your surgery. I hope it all went well and you are healing just fine. I know I had that bloated tummy for several weeks after, but it finally went away. And course loosing a lot of weight helped too. Good luck at your WI today.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #53  
Lucky Lady

S/C/G: 212/191.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
I had a -0.4 week, somewhere around week 7, I was like WTF??? But remember:

Congratulations!! That is so great that you hit that mile marker!

Way to beat temptation!
WOW! Kaypix... Way to give a visual!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
I have a question...have any of you experienced low energy &/or fatigue after you've been OP for a few weeks? After the first week I was rarin' to go. I've been 100%, getting my salt & evoo & vitamins in, but just can't seem to shake this. It's been 2 - 3 weeks now. Last night every time I sat down I dosed off within 30 seconds! Just wondering if it's the program, the heat/humidity (though that's better the last couple of days), or some anxiety over losing one of my jobs???? Any ideas?
Yes? Me! I am in about 9 weeks, and went to take a walk on the beach ( on vacation). The sandy beach killed me! I could hardy put one foot in front of the other! Some days are much worse than others. Have no idea why. Today seems better, but the day is young
Old 07-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #55  
Veroli

S/C/G: 168/136/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I've always weighed myself everyday because I'm fine with the fluctuations. As long as you can handle the fluctuations and know that the scale will move up and down and often not move at all for days, then I wouldn't worry about it. Also if you find yourself weighing in MORE than once in the morning in your birthday suit before you eat anything, then it might be time to put the scale away.
Very true!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 200/182.8/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Thanks for sharing the article, and I'm a really big fan of Gary Taubes. I think his Why We Get Fat book should be required reading for everyone. I have always had a hard time with IP's belief in low fat eating, but it is what it is and I have lost very successfuly on the plan. Finally mainstream is starting to wake up and see that low fat eating is only making us fatter, so go ahead and enjoy that skin on the chicken. Well not on IP of course. Because I don't believe in the low fat way of life, I will be following the primal/paleo way of eating once I get to goal, but I do thank goodness for IP everyday.

The 3rd week for many is generally a small weight loss week because we have lost so much the first couple of weeks. Know that it's physically impossible to loose more than 3.5 pounds of fat per week, so anything over that is most likely water and or muscle which you really don't want to loose. You are doing a great job, hang in there for a very fun ride.
Dana...thank you SO much for your response...it made me feel a lot better and put the low number into perspective...I am ready for the ride and ready to conquer the low numbers and slower weeks!!! I LOVE this forum...it is saving my sanity so therefore my DH thanks you all as well....
Old 07-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 200/182.8/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Just think of that 1 lb. as a pound of butter. If you put that back on Your body somewhere, where would you want it? Thigh? Elbow? Nose?

It is actually quite a bit!

And you body is adjusting. Think long run, not week to week.
LOL...EXCELLENT point!!! That pound of butter can stay right on the shelf!!! Thanks so much for that...
Old 07-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I have responed on this before, last year when I was on IP for 5 months with no cheats, I never experienced the burst of energy that so many talk about. I was rather tired and lifeless the whole time and I took all the IP supplements, as soon as I went to phase III my energy picked up, I think I needed some yogurt and fruit in my life. Some people report feeling lots of energy, even when exercising, I did not.
Bella- I am with you. I have been doing IP for 3 months and am very tired all the time. Also taking all supplements. Love to have a cure for this, think I have another 3 months to go!
Old 07-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #59  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ip Peeps (well for some of you it may be afternoon)

Seems like everyone is have a good day so far. I couldnt believe I logged on and we're already on page 4-5.

I cannot tell you how happy I am that today is Friday. It's been a long week for me thats for sure.

I dont really have too much going on other than work today. so everyone have a great day and stay OP!!
Old 07-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #60  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Morning All from Hardy, BC

Dieter's forecast: Partly cloudy with a chance of "Im feeling skinny today".

Its been a good few days after my few rough days...Im having another " i feel skinny" day. I think its because i pretty much just decided that it really doesnt matter what my scale says anymore..I want to go by inches and not pounds...I wouldnt complain if i was 297 pounds on my scale but was a size 4...would you??? Heck no! Point is: Im way happier without that stupid scale...

Well the olympic games will air in two hours here..opening ceremonies arent my favorite to watch.. i find them rather boring...however.. i will be watching my favorite events : Gymnastics and Diving..woot woot!!! Go Canada Go! Oh and i survived a workout yesterday..I walked for 30 minutes on my treadmill..and burnt almost 200 calories and walked only for a mile and a half...Right after i ate my main dinner protein(roast beast!! with homemade IP-safe BBQ sauce...yum yum!!
Closed Thread