Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

I asked about restricted items this morning, and was discouraged. My couch said I could use them and limit myself to about two per week. I didn't see the Strawberry Wafers, do I didn't get any restricted though I do have Pure Protein bars at home and had one last Friday night and another last Saturday night when I went out and everyone I was with was having beer and popcorn and I felt I needed something special.

Any thoughts on this? I had my best weigh in since Week 1 this week, but today was only my fourth WI.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Happy Friday!

A challenging day and weekend to stay OP! My entire office is having pizza for lunch and they also all just ran outside to the cupcake truck. Yes I am drooling and feel like an outcast, but I refuse to give in. They weren't even going to invite me to sit with them at lunch, wth? I still enjoy company!

In addition, my friend and I are headed to the Newport Folk Festival this weekend, so this will be my first trip of packing and planning IP meals. At least I wont have to wait 45 minutes in line for food by bringing my own! I know we are going to the bars and I will be sipping on club soda with lime.

I think this will be a true challenge of my commitment to getting the weight off. Maybe a small reward will be deserved on Monday...pedicure?

Wish me luck!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #63  

Angry Don't feel like losing much -- disappointed

So far i have followed the diet to a T and long lost 5lbs total
Week 1: 3 lbs
Week 2: 2 lbs.

I am going to weigh in again tonight but i don't feel like I lost every much this week.

Any tips to get greater losses each week? I truly am sticking with it for the long haul -- but I have to admit jealous because i didn't have a big losses like i have been reading on this site.

I only have 1 restricted per day- measure all veggies, oil and sea salt. Drink at least 64 oz water a day and take all my vitamins.

Maybe I'm just a slow loser
Old 07-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I WILL FINISH THIS!!! DON'T LET ME STOP SHORT OF MY GOAL!!! I AM WORTH IT!!!

Thanks for listening
Yes you will and yes you are!!

Safe drive and way to go on the clothes. I need to go for a new fitting as well. My bras are on the last hooks and loose! Good luck with your family. I know it must be so hard and the alternatives aren't pretty. I worked as a special ed teacher for years at a residential facility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
I hit the 30 pound off goal. Wheee!.

I've taken 12 inches off my waist and the sweater I knit hoping to fit into by September already fits. So this time It will be a size smaller. Yippeee!!!
YIPPEE!!! way to go! I'm 2 pounds from the 30 pound goal as well. Taking me some time to get those last 2 off but hoping for next thursday's WI. I lose slooowwwwlllly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Good morning everyone! Unofficially, I did it! Dropped into the next decade...My scales read 169.2 this morning !
YAY for you! i love those number shifts! Myscale also has tenths on it and I'm happy even when it is at .8!!
Old 07-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'3”

Today's weigh-in day.
Weighed myself on my own scale this morning said down 2 lbs. I felt good about that.
At the center their scale said I was down 5 lbs.! Holy gondoodle....that floored me, I was not expecting this much!
I feel kind of strange cause I now weigh my "if only" weight.....I'd always say to myself "If only I weighed 175 lbs." well today I weigh that, after only 50 days...I am in total shock!!!!
I think I need to have a bath and maybe have a good cry - I'm feeling very overwhelmed and surprisingly emotional.
IP is amazing.....all of you are amazing!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3.5"

locopollo Sorry if I am late on your conversation: Why only two restricted per week? I know there are higher carb restricted meals on IP per week like the chili and chicken a la king...but I thought restricted bars and snacks are OK. Just wondering what your coach's reason for limiting those items are. Thanks! :-)
Old 07-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #67  
Start IP (again) 7/31/13

S/C/G: 231.2/224.4/131

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy5744 View Post
So far i have followed the diet to a T and long lost 5lbs total
Week 1: 3 lbs
Week 2: 2 lbs.

I am going to weigh in again tonight but i don't feel like I lost every much this week.

Any tips to get greater losses each week? I truly am sticking with it for the long haul -- but I have to admit jealous because i didn't have a big losses like i have been reading on this site.

I only have 1 restricted per day- measure all veggies, oil and sea salt. Drink at least 64 oz water a day and take all my vitamins.

Maybe I'm just a slow loser
Maybe try getting more water in. I drink at least 128oz a day.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #68  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Bellamack - thank you for sharing. I must have missed your previous post about it.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #69  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

So glad it's Friday. Had some bad news this week. Just starting week three and I find out we are having pay cuts again at work. This is the second time I'm having to go through this.

I've lost 14 lbs already on IP, but the cost of the IP products are expensive. I'm switching to alternatives now. Just used up my last IP packets today.

I've ordered products from Nashua Nutrition which are less than 1/2 the price of IP. I'm hoping that the weight loss continues to be the same as when I used the actual IP products.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh99002 View Post
locopollo Sorry if I am late on your conversation: Why only two restricted per week? I know there are higher carb restricted meals on IP per week like the chili and chicken a la king...but I thought restricted bars and snacks are OK. Just wondering what your coach's reason for limiting those items are. Thanks! :-)
She said we don't want to slow down my loss with extra carbs. She suggested the BBQ soy puffs since they're lower carb.

I'm not sure I buy it though. Even if I add 15 carbs daily, it is still a very low carb diet.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Yes? Me! I am in about 9 weeks, and went to take a walk on the beach ( on vacation). The sandy beach killed me! I could hardy put one foot in front of the other! Some days are much worse than others. Have no idea why. Today seems better, but the day is young
I am glad to see I'm not the only one with a lack of energy. Granted immold but come on, I can barely shake my shake hehe. I return to school in two weeks and will need some energy big time for my 160 12/13 year olds. Whew they are like young horses. I hoping some of my energy returns before then.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #72  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Howdy IPeeps - quick pop-in as I find myself getting more sucked in and I have to get down to the lab! My WI is at 1pm today, I missed last weeks WI when I was on vacation - but am pretty sure I will make goal.

Regardless, I decided to go ahead and stick with Phase 1 for one more week. I have business travel scheduled for what would be my first Phase 3 week if I were to start phasing off, and I don't want to add any extra obstacles when I am on the road. And Phase 2 on travel is pretty easy, I did it in Week 3 and it was a breeze. Plus, I can do Phase 1 on my head now and maybe I'll burn off a few more BF%s! Still crossing my fingers to make it to the 'Fitness' category!
Old 07-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #73  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
I have a question...have any of you experienced low energy &/or fatigue after you've been OP for a few weeks? After the first week I was rarin' to go. I've been 100%, getting my salt & evoo & vitamins in, but just can't seem to shake this. It's been 2 - 3 weeks now. Any ideas?
I actually "cheat" (not really) and I have pre-cooked chicken breat tenders in my fridge. When I am really exhausted (but no more than twice a day) I give myself a little extra cooked protein. I also take Omegas and Flaxseed. I really do work the diet - but I think my body does better with the addition of a little "good fat" and a little extra protein.

Quote:
Happy Friday!

A challenging day and weekend to stay OP! My entire office is having pizza for lunch and they also all just ran outside to the cupcake truck. Yes I am drooling and feel like an outcast, but I refuse to give in. They weren't even going to invite me to sit with them at lunch, wth? I still enjoy company!

I think this will be a true challenge of my commitment to getting the weight off. Maybe a small reward will be deserved on Monday...pedicure?

Wish me luck!!!
OMG - Cupcake Truck! I didn't even know such a monster existed! Good for you resisting pizza & cupcakes. YES - a pedicure is a great "0 calorie" way to take care of you!

Now for my big (or "small") announcement:

As of yesterday's weigh-in......

I hit ONEderland Baby!!!!!!!

I actually cried in my coach's office - then went out to my car & cried a little more before I could drive to work.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #74  
Lucky Lady

S/C/G: 212/191.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Happy Friday!

In addition, my friend and I are headed to the Newport Folk Festival this weekend, so this will be my first trip of packing and planning IP meals. At least I wont have to wait 45 minutes in line for food by bringing my own! I know we are going to the bars and I will be sipping on club soda with lime.

Wish me luck!!!
Way to go Girl! You should be so proud for staying OP! Sometimes I think the office is the absolute worst!

And keep forging ahead for the weekend. We're here for you and look forward to Monday's report!
Old 07-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #75  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
I asked about restricted items this morning, and was discouraged. My couch said I could use them and limit myself to about two per week. I didn't see the Strawberry Wafers, do I didn't get any restricted though I do have Pure Protein bars at home and had one last Friday night and another last Saturday night when I went out and everyone I was with was having beer and popcorn and I felt I needed something special.

Any thoughts on this? I had my best weigh in since Week 1 this week, but today was only my fourth WI.
I guess I should say listen to your coach. My coach said I could have one restricted everyday (just not right before bed) since day one, and I have.
Closed Thread