Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #31  
Start: 7/23/12

S/C/G: 223/216/165

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Hey all, today's the day I ride by myself all the way to Centerville, MN to visit my cousins and spend the day with them tomorrow, helping move a child's room to keep his brother safer, move the home-schooling area to another part of the house, and very possibly some deep cleaning. I packed my sports bra, sneakers, and nothing remotely tight or sexy, cuz let's face it, a woman covered in grime does not sexy make!

NSV - I needed a jacket to wear up to the cities, I prefer to wear an armored jacket (elbows, shoulders and an "armadillo" on the back for spine protection) and I was too cheap to buy one, was going to borrow DH's since I figured I've lost enough weight to maybe fit in it. I tried it on and was SWIMMING, and I was really dejected because the only other jacket I had was the one I wore when I bought my bike, June 2006. I had tried it on less than a month ago, or maybe right about then, and the bottom wouldn't zip at all. I figured my hips got bigger in 6 years (bought it when I was 21, not "developed" yet). Well, that puppy fits now, and it makes my waist look itty bitty! I'm officially the size of my first year of marriage (which means my reception dress fitting a few weeks ago was definitely an indicator), and think I will actually be smaller than when I got married by the time this is all said and done. THANK YOU IP!!! On a side note, I will probably also be pregnant by the time this is all done, my god. lol.

Ahhhh! And I have another NSV,, kind of. My MIL makes backhanded compliments all the time "oh look, you're finally getting a butt" after 25 lbs lost, and "you're getting so thin, too bad your boobs are gone, get used to it!" She can be such a B**** sometimes. Well I went to Victoria Secret this weekend to get sized for a new bra, my old ones are pitiful, and turns out, I lost a total of 4" in band size since I bought my last bra (which was probably over a year ago, don't judge lol), but my cup size stayed at a D, which is what it got up to when I became pregnant (from a B to a "full" D, thought I went down afterwards but apparently my bra just sucked) So... I bought a "cleavage" pushup bra from penney's and now the girls look a-mazing!!! (ladies out there, you know what I mean when I say you look "perky" and it makes you feel like a million bucks )

I hope everyone has a great weekend, my cousins don't have internet or cable, so if I can't piggy back off someone else's wi-fi I'll just be reading posts from my phone (nothing like squinting at a 3" screen to make you feel like you need bifocals!), for those of you who are new, just know this program works, and you are WORTH it! For those of you struggling, remember, you are stronger than food, and by the time you come out of this you will be stronger yet, and able to take on the world without a fork in your hand

I love your post!! It made me happy today Thanks
Old 07-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #32  
Veroli

S/C/G: 168/136/130

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! I have a question. I am 6 pounds from my goal. I've been on Phase 1 for 15 weeks and I don't know when to do Phase 2. I really think the people in this forum have more experience than my coach =( (sad but true).
Thanks for any advise you can give me.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
I have a question...have any of you experienced low energy &/or fatigue after you've been OP for a few weeks? After the first week I was rarin' to go. I've been 100%, getting my salt & evoo & vitamins in, but just can't seem to shake this. It's been 2 - 3 weeks now. Last night every time I sat down I dosed off within 30 seconds! Just wondering if it's the program, the heat/humidity (though that's better the last couple of days), or some anxiety over losing one of my jobs???? Any ideas?
I have responed on this before, last year when I was on IP for 5 months with no cheats, I never experienced the burst of energy that so many talk about. I was rather tired and lifeless the whole time and I took all the IP supplements, as soon as I went to phase III my energy picked up, I think I needed some yogurt and fruit in my life. Some people report feeling lots of energy, even when exercising, I did not.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #34  

Height: 5'7'

Hi All. I am an IP re-starter.I lost 48 pounds and felt fantastic. Once I was in Ph 4, I didn't follow the rules and allowed myself more than one 'fun' day a week which eventually turned into a free for al (meant a gain of about 20lbs. back!). As of Monday, I started up again in Ph 1 and am so glad to be back.

For anyone who is new to this program, just stick with it and obey the rules. The plan works amazing, I just went back to my old bad habits and let myself re-lapse. Since I can't change what I did the last few months, I can only look forward to getting back into the swing.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veroli View Post
Good morning everyone! I have a question. I am 6 pounds from my goal. I've been on Phase 1 for 15 weeks and I don't know when to do Phase 2. I really think the people in this forum have more experience than my coach =( (sad but true).
Thanks for any advise you can give me.
I still lost weight in Phase 2 and actually stayed in Phase 2 for 3 months when I first did IP. You won't lose as quickly, but I liked having more 'real' food. If you are 6 pounds from goal, you may want to consider moving into it soon.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Hi stolaf,

I did the same thing, but am back on track! Welcome back.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Happy Friday

Good Morning everyone, and happy Friday
I had WI#5 yesterday and lost another 1.8, I'm officially in the 170's.
just missed the 20lb off mark. will get it next week.
trying to stay positive with the low number but it is still a loss. the inches have really slowed only 2.25" off over all this week.
everyone stay positive this diet is so great.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hi stolaf,

I did the same thing, but am back on track! Welcome back.
I remember you from when I was on this last summer. Good luck to you, too! We know this plan works if we just stick with it!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #39  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Good morning everyone. I have been at this 22 weeks now and I finally went to read the "best quoting tip every" and it was about signatures!!! Oh well. I guess I will just keep posting separately.

Kaypix- Have a great trip. You are a great person to do this!!!
Veroli- You are supposed to stay on Phase 1 till you reach 100% of you goal.

Good job on the weigh in's this morning. I will be going to mine in an hour. The devil keeps messing with my mind. I keep going back and forth with "is my weight good enough right now" I am not looking forward to going back to Phase 1 today, but I know I will be so proud of myself when I "finish this". I am so close and will be mad at myself eventually if I don't reach my goal. Even if I am only a few pounds away from it. I have to keep talking to myself the last few days. So I am telling you this to keep me accountable. I WILL FINISH THIS!!! DON'T LET ME STOP SHORT OF MY GOAL!!! I AM WORTH IT!!!

Thanks for listening
Old 07-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Julie68, I can totally relate to the not wanting to deal with comments about what you’re eating and whether you need to lose weight.* It is so annoying and I really hate it.* I read a nice post from Elaine Morales (Not Just a Daydream blog (?)) about this, but honestly now I can’t remember her exact advice (it was a long list of suggestions).* I think changing the subject, turn the focus on the other person.*
My clinic doesn’t take before pictures.* I have plenty of them though.*
I did not workout at all last week, and had a decent loss this week.* Not that I was very gung ho on the workouts the previous two weeks.* I also got past a mental and physical hurdle, so that feels good.*
Missdee18, that sounds like a nice way to spice of the Vanilla Drink!* Thanks for the tip!*
Jodester, your body has to catch up from last week’s big loss.* Don’t worry, things are happening, even if not on the scale.*
Bellamack, my stepmother was raised in Elmira.* Saw on the national news last night that you were getting terrible weather.* Glad you’re safe and sound.*
GrandmaKiss, I live two blocks from a wonderful yarn shop, so I’m broke.* Working on a little cardigan currently.* I just have sleeves and button bands to go.* * Great going on the 12” loss at your waistline!* That is terrific!
Greeniris, woo hoo for making it over that hump on the scale!*
Kaypix, a pound of fat is roughly the size of a pound of butter too.* Sometimes I stand in the grocery store and stare at the butter packages. I have lost ELEVEN of those suckers in four weeks.* That is a lot of bulk!* * I love reading your posts!
I am not caught up on the thread yet, but I keep getting all these work emails that I need to deal with since I am at work.* *
Old 07-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #41  
Veroli

Thanks stolaf I will begin Phase 2 next week. The truth is that I am afraid of Phase 3 & 4. I feel "safe" in Phase 1.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #42  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

164 baby !! so happy ..wish my tracker worked my daughter and I went shopping yesterday for outfits for family pictures..first time getting family pictures very excited..I would pick out size large and she would have to go pick out size medium for me everytime..very exciting.. hope everyone has a great weekend !!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #43  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie68 View Post
Sorry for so many posts today! My coach emailed out this article. I thought it was good (no surprises though). I had my kids read it and they understood what it was saying. Sometimes its good to hear something from someone other than mom.

I wanted to share it with the community.
Thanks for sharing the article, and I'm a really big fan of Gary Taubes. I think his Why We Get Fat book should be required reading for everyone. I have always had a hard time with IP's belief in low fat eating, but it is what it is and I have lost very successfuly on the plan. Finally mainstream is starting to wake up and see that low fat eating is only making us fatter, so go ahead and enjoy that skin on the chicken. Well not on IP of course. Because I don't believe in the low fat way of life, I will be following the primal/paleo way of eating once I get to goal, but I do thank goodness for IP everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodster View Post
Good Morning All....I had my WI #3 this morning.....only down 1lb. I am struggling with it because in my mind it is ONLY 1 lb....but then my mind also says I lost 7 lbs last week so how can I expect to have another big number this week?? UGH....I feel crazy going back and forth....I will press on and continue to move on as I know I stayed 100% OP....we didn't measure so here's to a BIG week next week!!! Everyone have a GREAT day.....
The 3rd week for many is generally a small weight loss week because we have lost so much the first couple of weeks. Know that it's physically impossible to loose more than 3.5 pounds of fat per week, so anything over that is most likely water and or muscle which you really don't want to loose. You are doing a great job, hang in there for a very fun ride.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a good day!

Yesterday was my first day OP. I wasn't starving, but definitely a but hungry throughout. After dinner I was strongly craving sweets so I had a chocolate pudding. Wasn't too good but did the trick! I actually think I would have been fine with half a packet.

I know we're not supposed to, but I have always weighed myself morning for years. Today the scale said I lost 3.4 lbs! it's most likely just water weight (was peeing like a racehorse) but it was still a nice feeling :-)
Old 07-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #45  
Veroli

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Hi everyone, hope you're all having a good day!

Yesterday was my first day OP. I wasn't starving, but definitely a but hungry throughout. After dinner I was strongly craving sweets so I had a chocolate pudding. Wasn't too good but did the trick! I actually think I would have been fine with half a packet.

I know we're not supposed to, but I have always weighed myself morning for years. Today the scale said I lost 3.4 lbs! it's most likely just water weight (was peeing like a racehorse) but it was still a nice feeling :-)

I do weight myself everyday but I try no to worry when the scale doesn't move.
Closed Thread