Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 229/211/170

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
Good Morning, IPers! Saw this today and thought I would share:

"It takes 4 weeks for you to see your body changing. It takes 8 weeks for your family and friends and it takes 12 weeks for the rest of the world. JUST KEEP GOING."

Have a great day!
Jess
Thank you...I needed to hear this:
Old 07-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 229/211/170

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I just got my before pictures from my coach (I am making preparations for my post in the "Goal" forum) and wanted to give y'all a sneek peak at my before pictures my coach took at initial WI....compare it to skinny jeans in my avatar and you can see how IP WORKS!!!! And yes, I'm wearing the brown pair of Crocs in that picture! Also attached a 'progress pic' from June 4th (wearing my black Crocs in that one!), my more recent pics are on my phone. I plan on making up a photobucket of more pics. There are VERY few before pics, but I plan on having a bunch of after pics!

WOW..Job well done!!! I cant wait to start seeing results on myself...its been a great struggle
Old 07-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #93  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vovo View Post
I think you're ok - my coach said it was fine.
Whew! Thanks for replying. I was really freaking out! It's one think to cheat on purpose, but another to do it completely by accident. It was delicious, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
I buy from 2 sources primarily: from GNC: Men's "Ripped Vitapak" . OK for a woman too and when I take them I have energy due to a thermo-igniter they have in it. They are really a high quality vitamin pak and cost around $50/month but worth it as I'm certainly saving a lot by using alternatives. I always take them before 2pm - usually around 9am. I also buy from GNC a protein powder by Optimum Nutrition called "Gold Standard 100% Whey (protein isolates) in Double Rich Chocolate. Stats: 120 cal, 1 g fat, 3 g carbs, 24 g protein. I add 1 T WF choc syrup, use 75% ice, 25% water and whirl in the Ninja, this is seriously good and thick. They have sales often, so when on sale, I buy a couple large tubs and my husband also uses it for his post workout shake (he adds frozen mixed berries).

I use Vitacost for other vitamins, good prices. Plus they also sell WF products, Syntrax Nectar Whey Protein isolate powder, Jay Robb protein powder and my latest find, Just Like Sugar Brown which is a brown sugar substitute that is mostly fiber. I used that last night on my zucchini with butter spray and cinnamon - tasty.

Great quote!

My guess is that you'll be a 4, maybe smaller.

I wouldn't sweat it, really. I'm not saying don't be careful in the future, but it happens to all of us. Ketosis is pretty powerful - I'm sure you're fine.
Thanks for the info...I'm just going to start looking at it to try to start saving a little if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
Thank you to all who responded to my post yesterday about high stress levels and an extra packet! Thank you for the kind words and ecouragement!!

I was able to connect with my coach thankfully and she was able to explain why we need an extra packet when experiencing high stress levels. When our body releases adrenaline it also releases cortesol which can cause your body to switch from fat burning mode into fat storage mode. I went ahead and had an extra packet, I am pretty darn sure I was there

Thanks again!!
Your before and after pictures look like two different people! Wow! You were adorable then, but hot tamale now! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Thank you!!! Our weather has been horrible this summer. Only a few nice days. It has been cold, rainy and 50ish for 2 weeks. It is VERY nice today 80ish, but it isn't supposed to last My daughter has her senior pictures scheduled for Monday, but he told me we would re-schedule if it looked like rain. I think we will have to re-schedule. Forecast is calling for 60% chance of rain. Yard is full of mushrooms it is so wet. Garden needs some sun!!!
It's hard to imagine you are having that much moisture. I'm in northern Wisconsin and it is dry, dry, dry! Can't walk barefoot in the grass without getting poked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Been so long since I baked cookies, I think my "cookie dough" is drying out
Bahahahhahah!!! I laughed out loud at that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcastles View Post
Thank you...I needed to hear this:
You and I are both tall so I think we "hide" our weight better...if this is possible. I'm in week 4 and finally my clothes are starting to fit better. I've lost 16 pounds and no one has really said anything yet....We'll see what happens in 4 more weeks!
Old 07-26-2012, 11:36 PM   #94  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
Thank you to all who responded to my post yesterday about high stress levels and an extra packet! Thank you for the kind words and ecouragement!!

I was able to connect with my coach thankfully and she was able to explain why we need an extra packet when experiencing high stress levels. When our body releases adrenaline it also releases cortesol which can cause your body to switch from fat burning mode into fat storage mode. I went ahead and had an extra packet, I am pretty darn sure I was there

Thanks again!!
Hope your interview went well. Thanks for the info.

Quote:
I am taking it way to easy. No baking cookies for me!!!
. Just baked some for you.

Quote:
You got me giggling too.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:42 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:

LOL!
Old 07-27-2012, 12:10 AM   #96  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

I got some broccoli cheddar soup packets today. I was excited - it sounded awesome. So carefully following directions I put it in the shaker with water and shook it up, however I shifted my hand and took my finger off the cap which flew open with one nice shake, and I had soup all over my counters, on the salt shaker, butter dish, etc. Undaunted I poured the remainder in a bowl and stuck it in the microwave while i cleaned the counters and such. Anyway those who have made this before probably know the next part of this. I opened the microwave and the bowl had boiled over, with a lava flow of soup all over the microwave. Lessons learned, snap that shaker lid closed and set the power down on the microwave and keep an eye on that bowl! Soup was not what I was expecting, I'm sure with proper preparation it will be better - and there's always adding more veggies in there if that's not the ticket.
Barb
Old 07-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #97  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I got some broccoli cheddar soup packets today. I was excited - it sounded awesome. So carefully following directions I put it in the shaker with water and shook it up, however I shifted my hand and took my finger off the cap which flew open with one nice shake, and I had soup all over my counters, on the salt shaker, butter dish, etc. Undaunted I poured the remainder in a bowl and stuck it in the microwave while i cleaned the counters and such. Anyway those who have made this before probably know the next part of this. I opened the microwave and the bowl had boiled over, with a lava flow of soup all over the microwave. Lessons learned, snap that shaker lid closed and set the power down on the microwave and keep an eye on that bowl! Soup was not what I was expecting, I'm sure with proper preparation it will be better - and there's always adding more veggies in there if that's not the ticket.
Barb
Bummer! IT does taste great.

Last edited by usmcvet; 07-27-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:13 AM   #98  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Hi everyone,

Today I start Day 1 of IP!

I started off with my vitamins, some water, and a wildberry yogurt drink in the blender with water and lots of ice. Not half bad! And it filled me too.

I have today off so I'll be prepping my veggies for the week and portioning my meats. I'm also going to brew a big jug of iced tea to keep in the fridge and clean the kitchen.
Welcome to Day 1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
I have been on vacation for a week now, and won't have WI for another two. But the clothes I packed...jeans and some tops, are already too big! But I do t want to go for real shopping until I get to goal.

But for me, this is definitely a NSV!
Lol, it's soooo tempting to go nuts at the stores! Huge NSV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
hi all - I am Jeni
Today is day 56 (but who's counting?) of IP for me- down 25 pounds. My husband is down 54 pounds in about 70 days!

I've been enjoying reading everyone's posts and questions - especially about when you 'can cheat' - i haven't cheated yet. I think i have about 5 more weeks before Phase 2 - so i should be able to make it. Much easier with dear husband on the same plan.

Last night i licked the salt off of a potato chip! mmmmmmmmmm

167/142/125
Awesome progress! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Sewingmama - Only 8 more lbs! WooHoo!!
Vet - You're melting away......
Kara - Wish I knew what you were talking about re: cookie baking! Some meds just don't let things, ummm, function properly LOL
Rainbow - I've been to the Detroit Thanksgiving Day Parade...it's really cool to see it in person! My step-son was in one of the high school bands that participated in the 90's.

Found out yesterday that my foot surgery is scheduled for Aug. 8. It is in the Dr. office, so only local numbing & no IV. Will have a cast on for a few weeks (3?)(will make WIs interesting). I plan to have an extra packet for the 3 days before, then back to 100% the day after. They said I could have breakfast, etc. beforehand, but thinking I'm not going to have much water, as I won't be able to get to the bathroom for 3 - 4 hours!

Anyway, have a wonderful day everyone. And Darralynn - if you're lurking...HELLO! Hope all is well with you.
Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
this made me laugh so hard....because DH just said to me the other day, ummm love, i think its time you get some new panties!!! and i never realized how big my undies had become!!!
all goes well!
Lol, I have a drawer of granny panties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusflowerbomb View Post
Smile! Congrats to you! I love how you mixed it up with the brown and black crocs. You are such an inspiration. My goal is to be 148. I have no idea what size I will wear being that I am 5'9".
You will be tall and elegant and beautiful! I always wanted to be a few inches taller...hence my new heels. I never thought I would get below a size 12, let alone a freaking TWO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwready View Post
Day 4 and I'm thinking I might actually have enough energy today to do something besides lie down when I get home from work before I make dinner.
Lol...it gets sooooo much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good Afternoon All..

Dieter's forecast today: Sunny with a chance of "Baking cookies" :P

Well...i survived the past 4 days which have seemed to be very difficult..For some reason i felt like i was back in week 1..I was having such bad cravings for everything..but thankfully I found the strength and the willpower not to cheat! Its alll good my peeps!!

Anywho... hope everyone has a wonderful day OP today!!!
Great to hear you are feeling better. We all have our weak moments, just power through and you will just get stronger every time!

Quote:
LIZ- AWESOME JOB!!!
VET- YOU ARE DOING SO GREAT!!!

Lots of good post out there today. I am starting to feel like myself again. I am past the dizzy spells. I am going back to Phase 1 tomorrow and I am a little nervous about that. These last 2 weeks on Phase 3 have been wonderful and I am gonna have a hard time I think. I am so close to my body fat % goal, so I am hoping only a few more weeks on phase 1. We shall see. I think I need to do it now or I will never want to go back............
Yeah! Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naysha6 View Post
Hey all
Today I tried to donate blood and was told that my iron was too low. No wonder I have been feeling so tired for the last 2 months. I stopped taking my daily IP supplements 3 months ago when I ran out of the multivitamins. Now I am faithfully starting back on them as soon as I get home because I know the caloric intake on this diet is so low that I've got to be lacking in some essential nutrients. So take a lesson from me and don't slack on the vitamins. On another note I lost 1 lb this week. My cycle is due to start anyday now. Have a great rest of the week everyone!
Yeah, the supplements, whether they be IP or alternative are essential to make up for the unbalanced part of this diet. You will be back in no time!

Quote:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!,!,
Old 07-27-2012, 12:25 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Barb
I always add a lot of broccoli (steamed separately) and heat the soup for 30 seconds at a time. And then I sprinkle it with salt, pepper and cayenne. It's one of my favorites but alone it's not so hot.

I am still working on not making a mess with the mushroom soup, however!
Old 07-27-2012, 12:43 AM   #100  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
I always add a lot of broccoli (steamed separately) and heat the soup for 30 seconds at a time. And then I sprinkle it with salt, pepper and cayenne. It's one of my favorites but alone it's not so hot.

I am still working on not making a mess with the mushroom soup, however!
Thanks for the tips! I'll give it a whirl.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:21 AM   #101  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
This might sound crazy - how could I have not seen it? But then, possibly premature to say for sure...I've also been unusually hungry the last month...then yesterday I changed my cinnamon-splenda topping on my morning crepe (crepe has only 6 carbs, 90 cal, so unrestricted) and my new protein powders arrived. I didn't add any extra WF syrup, wanted to try them as is first. So, in short, had less splenda. Today, basically repeated that. Both days, no cravings.

Think I had been hitting a tipping point in my sucralose/splenda usage and that may have been causing the cravings/hunger. Not positive, but seems possible. Will be more scientific over the next few days.

Do you think you are using a touch more non-stevia sweeteners and that could be causing the hunger/cravings?

I think that my cravings are probably close to PMS related...since im due sometime this week for TOM...Also..ive been bad and have had a diet coke here and there occasionally...As far as using sweetners...the only sweenter i use is xylitol because i cant hack stevia or splenda...and the only thing it is in, is a homemade IP-safe BBQ sauce...so im probably not getting much..Im chalking it up to TOM and the occasional diet coke...but thanks for the thought...i think i will keep a close eye out the next couple weeks if its a continuing pattern.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:49 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Hope the interview went well for you
I feel like it went well. I haven't heard anything yet, but I'll keep you all posted. My boss doesn't want me to leave and keeps asking me about it. The stress is just getting to be too much. It isn't even work stress it is people stress, so much bickering and nastiness in the office all of the time. It is so negative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
Whew! Thanks for replying. I was really freaking out! It's one think to cheat on purpose, but another to do it completely by accident. It was delicious, though!

Your before and after pictures look like two different people! Wow! You were adorable then, but hot tamale now! Congrats!

It's hard to imagine you are having that much moisture. I'm in northern Wisconsin and it is dry, dry, dry! Can't walk barefoot in the grass without getting poked!

You and I are both tall so I think we "hide" our weight better...if this is possible. I'm in week 4 and finally my clothes are starting to fit better. I've lost 16 pounds and no one has really said anything yet....We'll see what happens in 4 more weeks!
Thank you, those pictures really give me a good visual and I think will be a good motivator once I am in maintenance.
I live in Alaska in the same area as mooselover, she is right our gardens and flowers really need some sunshine! On the bright side though there hasn't been any smoke from wildfires this summer....
You are right being tall does hide the weight, most people thought I only needed to lose a few pounds, I kind of wondered if they were blind!
Closed Thread