Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #31  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

so....i made an IP bucket list...things i want to do as my reward for losing weight!! random things.....i never could do....or that i never did because of my weight!! no longer will i reward myself with food!!
LOVE this idea! I definitely reward myself with food, but is such a short-term satisfaction. Having new experiences and making memories will be far more rewarding in the long-term. Can't wait to hear your ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Did my WI at home this morning. Down a little more.

Wow. You are truly inspiring! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3girls View Post
Thank you for all the encouragement yesterday. Day 1 was a success. I know once I am two weeks in I will have the mindset and it will be so much easier. Last time I lost an average of 2.8lbs per week over 19 weeks so if the rate averages the same I can get all this weight off by early January. That seems like a long time, but if I think of it as getting ready for Christmas doesn't seem long enough Have a great day everyone!
You can do it! Imagine starting the new year maintaining your goal weight, instead of dieting!

Today is 1 month on IP for me! The program gets easier and easier with every day and I am really loving trying new things (rutabaga and turnips) and learning to cook and think about food differently. I LOVE Rainbow's recipes (especially the crab cake...I'm from Maryland and live for crab ) and many others posted in the forum. Last night I made a curry dish that was OP and took care of my craving for Indian food! I used Miracle Angel Hair pasta, chicken, zucchini, cabbage, green onion (all random I know, but that's what I had in the fridge) with curry, garam masala spice and a little red pepper for heat...YUM!

I did realize I was making a mistake this week...sometimes I was having a veggie salad for lunch and keeping my packet for dinner to use with my protein. For example, adding ground turkey to the chili or chicken to the soup. My coach saw this in my journal and set me straight! Haha! Glad I am on the right track again. I guess I'll chalk it up to another rookie mistake.

NSV for me this week...a few coworkers mentioned that I am looking thinner AND I am finally weighing less than I did when I got pregnant with my 15 month old! 55 pounds of indulging and baby GONE! WooHoooooo! I never thought that would happen

Thank you all for your support and inspiration!
Old 07-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 185/171/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
= He even said that he didn't care if I lost anymore weight cuz I looked so fabulous as I am, which was ultimately the NSV yesterday.

Daily Weigh showed me back up the weight I lost since Monday, not freaked cuz I was s-i-c-k yesterday, we're talking stomach cramps, big D, exhaustion, the whole 9 yards, and I always seem to gain when big D is around, not sure what the heck is up with that (you'd think you'd lose more right?)
#1. YAY for the NSV. It's awesome when boys are awesome.

#2. I have been feeling the same way this last week. Hungry, tired, crampy, cold, and many trips to the restroom.

Because of the latter, i've had a several "i'm feeling skinny" days this week and decided to weigh myself. This was a bad idea for me. The scale said I lost 1#. This was a little discouraging.

Ah well. Bodies are weird.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #33  
Lucky Lady

S/C/G: 212/191.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Did my WI at home this morning. Down a little more.

AWESOME...... Keep it up!
Old 07-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 200/182.8/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
yeah!!!! the AC is back working and held the temp through the night!! thank you Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!

so....i made an IP bucket list...things i want to do as my reward for losing weight!! random things.....i never could do....or that i never did because of my weight!! no longer will i reward myself with food!!

....so one of the things on that list is to go to the macy's thanksgiving day parade....

has anyone been??? any advice?? might not get to make it this year, but i would love to if i knew more about where to stay to have the best view!!!

hope everyone has a super fantastic day!!!!!!!!!!!!
stay strong
be HAPPY!!!
know that WE ARE BLESSED to be on IP!
its changing our lives!!!!!!!!!!!

hugs

oh yeah....DANCE LIKE YOU'RE ON IP!!
RAINBOWSMILES......I am doing the same thing..great minds think alike...!!
I love that about this plan...it helps motivate to start LIVING again...
Old 07-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #35  
Lucky Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
Good Morning IPers!

Doing well with IP. Down 40lbs in almost 3 months and love this program. HOWEVER, it is financially tough right now that we don't have the extra money for me to do this. DH is so supportive and wants me to keep doing it but I hate having to use my credit card every week for it because we don't have the money in the bank.

I work from home and have been looking for a second job to do from home so i can continue on with IP. No luck so far.

For those of you doing this on your own are you using alternatives or doing the maintenance?

My coach is a very close childhood friend and I know he would understand. but the money and the 45 min drive to get there every week is really tough.

Any advice or direction? For IP or work from home job would be greatly appreciated!

Congrats to all the losers out there. Keep up the great work! You are all beautiful inside and out.
Karen, check out https://www.proxibid.com/asp/AboutUs.asp#careers, I am not sure where you are at but I have a friend that does this from home and LOVES it. She does have to go in periodically, not sure the details on that.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 200/182.8/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini anna View Post
good morning everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my weigh in results yesterday.... drum rolllllllllll

9.5lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amazing

i am so excited this great weigh in #1 really helps you stay motivated
if only i could keep losing at this rate hahaa

thank you everyone for the incredible support

( i need to learn how to use this forum and quote lol )
Minianna......that's AMAZING...good job!! I love that feeling after a good weigh in---motivation at it's finest!! Makes me excited for the day I hit my goal weight!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone,

Today I start Day 1 of IP!

I started off with my vitamins, some water, and a wildberry yogurt drink in the blender with water and lots of ice. Not half bad! And it filled me too.

I have today off so I'll be prepping my veggies for the week and portioning my meats. I'm also going to brew a big jug of iced tea to keep in the fridge and clean the kitchen.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! Happy Thursday! This is actually my Friday which is awesome. Heading down into the US tomorrow to do some shopping (have all my coupons ready!) then back into Niagara Falls for the rest of the weekend to celebrate my stepdaughter's 15th birthday. Should be a great time all around - can't wait to get some new clothes - especially underwear that fits well!

In other news, a friend and colleague at work signed up for IP and is starting tomorrow. I'm so happy for him! He's quite a big guy and I really hope that this will be the program that makes the difference. He said it was seeing me lose the weight and seeing pictures of my transformed husband that finally compelled him to do something about it. Pretty cool, actually. This makes him person number six (in five different cities!!) that have started Ideal Protein because they've heard about it from me or have seen my progress pics on Facebook. Makes my heart smile to see others learning about IP and the difference it can make!!
Old 07-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #39  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Howdy Folks! Just wanted to say thanks on the hot pink skinny jeans compliments! As a former fat mom I NEVER thought I would EVER be able to wear something like that...I've mentioned it before, but I was a tight size 16, refused to 'upsize' from there, and actually ripped a seam in my denim jeans before - you'd think that would have been the wakeup call huh?

On another shopping note I did go out and buy SEVERAL pairs of chunky 4" espadrilles to wear with all of my new size 2 jeans!! It's amazing, I can wear these shoes with no pains in my feet, knee, or back. My lower 3 vertebrae are out of alignment (spondylolysthesis), 2 bulging disks that aggravate 2 nerves running down my leg, a torn right ACL, and had plantar fasciitis in my right heel. All of these chronic pains have been gone for months! I did a test run in a new set of heels and felt great - so I went out and bought a bunch more! I've worn the same 2 pairs of Croc Medical Line Maryjanes (in brown & black) to work for 3+ years now - so it's been great to really dress things up with my new shoes! I feel like a new (taller) woman!

Tomorrow is my WI#21 @ 1pm. I've been flip-flopping on whether to make this my final Phase One WI or not. I am traveling Aug 13-16, and really don't want that to be my first Phase 3 week, I've done business travel on Phase 2 before (Week 3 of IP) and it was easy. I was thinking of doing Phase 2 for 3 weeks, but I think I will just stick it out with Phase 1 for 1 more week, then continue on the protocol as defined of Phase 2 for 2 weeks, Phase 3 for 2 weeks (can't WAIT for that 1st breakfast!), then Phase 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Hi all! Happy Thursday! This is actually my Friday which is awesome. Heading down into the US tomorrow to do some shopping (have all my coupons ready!) then back into Niagara Falls for the rest of the weekend to celebrate my stepdaughter's 15th birthday. Should be a great time all around - can't wait to get some new clothes - especially underwear that fits well!

In other news, a friend and colleague at work signed up for IP and is starting tomorrow. I'm so happy for him! He's quite a big guy and I really hope that this will be the program that makes the difference. He said it was seeing me lose the weight and seeing pictures of my transformed husband that finally compelled him to do something about it. Pretty cool, actually. This makes him person number six (in five different cities!!) that have started Ideal Protein because they've heard about it from me or have seen my progress pics on Facebook. Makes my heart smile to see others learning about IP and the difference it can make!!
Happy Friday Jen! AND WHAT AN AWESOME NSV TO INPIRE YOUR FRIEND! That should be the Ultimate Compliment - they see how great you are looking and want to join up - I love your siggy pic! I am sure you will have a blast shopping - I've been going a little nuts myself lately - but it's mostly out of necessity and has always been clearance racks w/coupons - so I don't feel *too* guilty...

Last edited by LizRR; 07-26-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

I have been on vacation for a week now, and won't have WI for another two. But the clothes I packed...jeans and some tops, are already too big! But I do t want to go for real shopping until I get to goal.

But for me, this is definitely a NSV!
Old 07-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 167/129/125

Height: 5'3"

Lightbulb My First Post

hi all - I am Jeni
Today is day 56 (but who's counting?) of IP for me- down 25 pounds. My husband is down 54 pounds in about 70 days!

I've been enjoying reading everyone's posts and questions - especially about when you 'can cheat' - i haven't cheated yet. I think i have about 5 more weeks before Phase 2 - so i should be able to make it. Much easier with dear husband on the same plan.

Last night i licked the salt off of a potato chip! mmmmmmmmmm

167/142/125
Old 07-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #42  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I just got my before pictures from my coach (I am making preparations for my post in the "Goal" forum) and wanted to give y'all a sneek peak at my before pictures my coach took at initial WI....compare it to skinny jeans in my avatar and you can see how IP WORKS!!!! And yes, I'm wearing the brown pair of Crocs in that picture! Also attached a 'progress pic' from June 4th (wearing my black Crocs in that one!), my more recent pics are on my phone. I plan on making up a photobucket of more pics. There are VERY few before pics, but I plan on having a bunch of after pics!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beforeFront.jpg (21.6 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg beforeSide.jpg (19.9 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-06-04%2007_32_45.jpg (22.0 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by LizRR; 07-26-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I just got my before pictures from my coach (I am making preparations for my post in the "Goal" forum) and wanted to give y'all a sneek peak at my before pictures my coach took at initial WI....compare it to skinny jeans in my avatar and you can see how IP WORKS!!!! And yes, I'm wearing the brown pair of Crocs in that picture! Also attached a 'progress pic' from June 4th, my more recent pics are on my phone. I plan on making up a photobucket of any other pics. There are few before pics, but I plan on having a bunch of after pics!
WOW!
Old 07-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #44  
Lucky Lady

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I just got my before pictures from my coach (I am making preparations for my post in the "Goal" forum) and wanted to give y'all a sneek peak at my before pictures my coach took at initial WI....compare it to skinny jeans in my avatar and you can see how IP WORKS!!!! And yes, I'm wearing the brown pair of Crocs in that picture! Also attached a 'progress pic' from June 4th (wearing my black Crocs in that one!), my more recent pics are on my phone. I plan on making up a photobucket of more pics. There are VERY few before pics, but I plan on having a bunch of after pics!
AWESOME.. That's all I've got to say!!!1
Old 07-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #45  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Sewingmama - Only 8 more lbs! WooHoo!!
Vet - You're melting away......
Kara - Wish I knew what you were talking about re: cookie baking! Some meds just don't let things, ummm, function properly LOL
Rainbow - I've been to the Detroit Thanksgiving Day Parade...it's really cool to see it in person! My step-son was in one of the high school bands that participated in the 90's.

Found out yesterday that my foot surgery is scheduled for Aug. 8. It is in the Dr. office, so only local numbing & no IV. Will have a cast on for a few weeks (3?)(will make WIs interesting). I plan to have an extra packet for the 3 days before, then back to 100% the day after. They said I could have breakfast, etc. beforehand, but thinking I'm not going to have much water, as I won't be able to get to the bathroom for 3 - 4 hours!

Anyway, have a wonderful day everyone. And Darralynn - if you're lurking...HELLO! Hope all is well with you.
Closed Thread