Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #76  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrybaby View Post
We never had any doubt in you!!! Im soooo happy you rocked it!

Great job girl!!

So I went to weigh in #5... only lost two pounds for a total of 24 pounds in five weeks!! just kinda bummed bc i have such awesome weigh ins then a sucky one... i guess with the fact that I had pneumonia and was on steroids i should just be happy i didnt gain.... heres to next week!!
Thank you very much, it was fun.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #77  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning IPeeps, got up with a bad backache, hurts when I laugh and I laugh a lot I think I slept wrong and have a kink, boy it sure is making me feel my age today

Have a great day everyone, 100% of course!
Old 07-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #78  
Began IP 06/28/12

S/C/G: 332.5/308.5/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Hey 100% - special shout out to Shathom and mompattie!!!! On making 40 by 40 and inspiring 16 people to make a life changing decision! I am on my final Phase 1 countdown. I am leaving for the beach tomorrow, and my coach is on vacation too - so skipping this next WI and decided to stay on Phase 1 until the end of next week. I had told her I would reassess then whether to stay on Phase 1 depending on my BF% then.

But honestly, as much as I LOVE Phase 1 comfort - I am getting small - my size 2s are fitting me fine now and I have a feeling if I keep whooshing (I've whooshed 4.6lb since Fri WI according to home scale) I will be at a very comfortable point. I plan on stepping up my exercise intensity in Phase 3 (when my coach said it's okay with the increased carbs/glucose). My BF% is ~27%, which is in the Normal range, hoping it's closer to the Fitness range by 2 weeks end - but we will see.

So - I am still in the habit of getting my cheap clearance w/coupon Old Navy clothes while I am still shrinking - they aren't the highest quality, but I am pretty casual at work. I plan on 'splurging' on a higher end wardrobe once I hit goal (I will also be changing jobs to a more 'professional' program in a few months) but am wondering when I should have my big shopping spree - after Phase 3? After a month in Phase 4? Wondering if any folks have ideas for themselves, or if any Maintainers had input.
LizRR, You have done such an amazing job and it is crazy how much your body has changed in just the past 3 weeks that I have been on here! You are an inspiration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana B View Post
Hi all - I posted on the daily and wanted to share here as I'm am SO excited.....

Hey everyone - I had my WI today, I am no officially in...............................ONEDERLAND, 198.2!! :woo hoo: I LOVE IP!!

And....7.5 inches, I am currently weighing in every two weeks.
Diana B, That is so awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowzer View Post
Another great WI - down another 5 lbs. That makes 20 lbs in 4 weeks. I am stoked
Another 5lbs that is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hey, my heart goes out to all of you who are on IP and are mothers of little children! Are any of you mothers of little children?

I drove 4 1/2 hours (ate lunch and snack in the car and made multiple stops for you-know-what), picked up some protein to cook for dinner and arrived at my daughters house. Left promptly to pick up the twin babies from daycare and from 5 - 7:30 was busy with the babies. Did not have time to drink a glass of water or even think about my food until they were fed, bathed, and in bed. Then I cooked up some yummy stir-saute chicken and veggies.

Tomorrow will be better. I'm going to prepare something earlier so we can eat with the babies. I stayed OP 100%, but usually I'm at home taking care of me! I'll get the hang of this by tomorrow , I know. I plan to stay on this 100% during this entire week when I'm here.
I am a stay at home mom I have two little boys. They are 1 and 3. Some days can be stressful but I love being able to stay with them all day. Have fun on your visit if there is one thing my kids adore it is their nanny

Last edited by pacia1223; 07-18-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
WOW...we are already on Vol 10 in less than a month, this is amazing how many of us are staying true to the program. We are all rocking this program to the max that is for sure. Although some of us are having trouble with our bodies each week we are still staying 100% which is amazing. Most would have already thrown in the towel and given up, NOT US....we are IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!....I am happy to say I am still LOVING this program after 15 months!!
You look amazing. I just started on week four and am a newbie to the site. You have given me real encouragement to keep going. I have been 100% true to the IP and have lost 16.4 lbs. Shooting for 20+ lb lost for week 4. Thanks for your positive note.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #80  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
No change in the scale today... weightwise anyway. This is one of those days when I'm really glad I bought my Omron fully body composition scale, because it's telling me that even though the scale didn't budge downward, once again this week I've had 2% decrease in body fat percentage. And an increase of 1.3% in skeletal muscle percentage. (Don't know what happened to that remaining difference of .7%?) Without knowing these things, I'd be feeling much more frustrated. But I can put up with a temporary stall, knowing that things are happening like this inside my body

However, in reviewing my records I see that it's been a month now where I've been stalled at this same approximate weight... my body doesn't seem to want to release me into the 170s!

BTW... read yesterday about a good drink that the author says enhances our metabolism and helps to control insulin. It seems to be appropriate and on protocol for IP. It was in The Carb Sensitivity Program book I was reading. You take the juice of 1/2 - 1 lemon (organic preferred), + a 1" sized piece of raw ginger root minced up or finely sliced + a good sized pinch of cayenne pepper... mix in with 8 - 8oz glasses of water (reverse osmosos recommended). Drink either iced or warm. I used just a regular lemon and regular filtered water yesterday, and added a dash of stevia to sweeten a little. Had several glasses over ice. It was a record-breaking hot day here in my area yesterday, and that spicy lemonade concoction went down really well. The author said to drink several glasses a day.
Thanks for the drink tip - that actually sounds really refreshing - sounds like something different for me to drink on the beach this week! Oh yeah, if you haven't heard - I am leaving for the beach in 1 hour and 16 minutes!!!

And I am not really driven by the scale number - I want to get my body fat percentage down....so it's great that you are tracking that number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacia1223 View Post
I know how you feel though I was hoping for more this week too
You are going to lose this a little every week - before you know it you will hit GOAL and it will be AMAZING! The great thing about smaller loss weeks is that they are usually followed by big loss weeks! Keep up 100% and you will see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacia1223 View Post
LizRR, You have done such an amazing job and it is crazy how much your body has changed in just the past 3 weeks that I have been on here! You are an inspiration!
Thanks pacia! I have to say though - it took me ~30lb to drop out of the 16s, now it seems after a good bathroom break I am dropping another size! Definitely save your wardbrobe budget for the very end - seriously, it is going so fast. I actually bought size ONE pants yesterday, they are snug now (as were the 2s, as were the 4s, as were the 8s, etc.) but since I have 1.5 more weeks of Phase 1 I know they will fit at the end. I got too big for my britches though and tried on size 0s - those couldn't even fit over my hip bones so I think I found my clothing size limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrybaby View Post
So I went to weigh in #5... only lost two pounds for a total of 24 pounds in five weeks!! just kinda bummed bc i have such awesome weigh ins then a sucky one... i guess with the fact that I had pneumonia and was on steroids i should just be happy i didnt gain.... heres to next week!!
"Only Lost 2lb" - That Is A Great WI! There are people here who would kill for that loss. I had several 2lb WIs, add them all up and you will be reaching goal in no time. Just stick 100%!!! And you did that being sick and on steroids - girl, you are rocking this!
Old 07-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #81  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

People just don't get it do they.

My boss and I are going to lunch, for a meeting I guess, who knows.

Yesterday he said something about how my food is bland. Today he asked if I was just going to just eat cucumbers or I was going to "treat myself". Of course, this is the same guy who shoved a cookie in my face.

To me, loosing the weight is my treat to myself. That's how I'm looking at it.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #82  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

WOW LiZ!!!!!!

your new photos are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
what a wonderful successful IP journey you are having!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 07-18-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #83  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
People just don't get it do they.

My boss and I are going to lunch, for a meeting I guess, who knows.

Yesterday he said something about how my food is bland. Today he asked if I was just going to just eat cucumbers or I was going to "treat myself". Of course, this is the same guy who shoved a cookie in my face.

To me, loosing the weight is my treat to myself. That's how I'm looking at it.
grrrrrrr some people!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE "TREATING" YOURSELF....treating yourself to the person you were meant to be.....YOU.....

stay strong
Old 07-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #84  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskywyoming View Post
You look amazing. I just started on week four and am a newbie to the site. You have given me real encouragement to keep going. I have been 100% true to the IP and have lost 16.4 lbs. Shooting for 20+ lb lost for week 4. Thanks for your positive note.
WOW you are doing amazing and will be at that 20lbs in no time. Stay true to the program and your results will prove that. You are welcome

Shathom, so glad your testimonial went well, 16 people is a good number for sure. I am sure you help encourage them into the questions and signing up.

Yesterday was a hectic day for me, was out and about all day with my son's car, going to Mobile, coming back, doing more running around. Good thing I was off yesterday! I am happy to say that I am down another 1.5lbs this week....I am inching closer and closer to that 200 mark!

My bf comes in Friday I am super excited about that. We are going to New Orleans for a party and to a BBQ with his family. First time meeting them so kinda nervous BUT he knows what I can eat and his proud of me so I know he has informed them of my food.....lol...He is trying to get his mom and sister to do the program as well so we will see how that goes. They are BIGGER than I was when I started, his sister made the comment I can't eat "those" kinda foods they taste nasty. I just shrugged and said you do what you have to do for a period of time. The food isn't bad and I am seeing results so I will continue to eat "that" kinda food until I am at goal. She kinda just rolled her eyes at me...haha
Old 07-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #85  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
WOW you are doing amazing and will be at that 20lbs in no time. Stay true to the program and your results will prove that. You are welcome

Shathom, so glad your testimonial went well, 16 people is a good number for sure. I am sure you help encourage them into the questions and signing up.

Yesterday was a hectic day for me, was out and about all day with my son's car, going to Mobile, coming back, doing more running around. Good thing I was off yesterday! I am happy to say that I am down another 1.5lbs this week....I am inching closer and closer to that 200 mark!

My bf comes in Friday I am super excited about that. We are going to New Orleans for a party and to a BBQ with his family. First time meeting them so kinda nervous BUT he knows what I can eat and his proud of me so I know he has informed them of my food.....lol...He is trying to get his mom and sister to do the program as well so we will see how that goes. They are BIGGER than I was when I started, his sister made the comment I can't eat "those" kinda foods they taste nasty. I just shrugged and said you do what you have to do for a period of time. The food isn't bad and I am seeing results so I will continue to eat "that" kinda food until I am at goal. She kinda just rolled her eyes at me...haha

Aaaahhhhh!! The pleasure of having opinionated in-laws!! lol, welcome to my world
Old 07-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #86  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Wuv, you know that they will see you as "another skinny person," and not a person who has just been through an amazing weight loss journey. As you know, people are ready only when they are ready. Keep it up (I know you will) and you will be at goal really soon! So inspired!
Old 07-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Wuv, you know that they will see you as "another skinny person," and not a person who has just been through an amazing weight loss journey. As you know, people are ready only when they are ready. Keep it up (I know you will) and you will be at goal really soon! So inspired!
Thanks, Of course I will keep it up...no stopping me...hahaha...*evil laugh*....

Sandra, they aren't in laws....lol....I don't really care what they say. I am ME and I am doing this for ME not them or anyone else. That is the BEST part of this...the REAL ME has come out...hahaha
Old 07-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #88  
Start IP (again) 7/31/13

S/C/G: 231.2/224.4/131

Height: 5'4"

Well went to my first WI.....down 5.4lbs!!!!! At first I was like "that's it", but they did the mass fat loss, it was 4.2lbs of pure fat and 1lb of water. I like those numbers!!! Looking forward to another great week!!

-Jennifer
Old 07-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennlnige View Post
Well went to my first WI.....down 5.4lbs!!!!! At first I was like "that's it", but they did the mass fat loss, it was 4.2lbs of pure fat and 1lb of water. I like those numbers!!! Looking forward to another great week!!

-Jennifer
AWESOME...congrats!!!

Here is my week 63 update video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HIN9AZPays
Old 07-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #90  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
I can't eat "those" kinda foods they taste nasty. I just shrugged and said you do what you have to do for a period of time. The food isn't bad and I am seeing results so I will continue to eat "that" kinda food until I am at goal. She kinda just rolled her eyes at me...haha
Quote:
AWESOME...congrats!!!

Here is my week 63 update video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HIN9AZPays
GREAT VIDEO AGAIN!! wooohooooo i think i hear ONDERLAND in your future!! i know you said 200....but i JUST FEEL 199 FOR YOU!!!

EXCELLENT EXCELLENT MENTALITY!!!!!!!!!!! above....do what you have to do for a period of time.....its just a ....period.....of time.....AND WE DESERVE THIS FOR OURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!

heart you lisa!!
Closed Thread