3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 6/22/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261497-ip-daily-chat-friday-6-22-12-a.html)

offkilter 06-22-2012 04:23 PM

I am back on IP. Took off for a month because I was traveling, away at classes, and a variety of other business. I started off trying to stay on IP during it all, but ultimately I was too stressed and getting too hungry when I was traveling. So I just ate low carb.

I put on 2 pounds and no inches (I'm guessing what I put on was water weight), and it was gone after my first day back on IP. Now I've been on for a week and so far that 2 pounds (no inches) is the only thing to go. I haven't been sleeping well since I've been back on, I am constantly hungry, and I don't like the food as much.

I know this diet is effective and I really want to stick with it. Can't seem to stop feeling depressed about it though.

Tammywhiz 06-22-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jules26965 (Post 4380550)
I hear you!!! And this isn't going to be a social drunk at the neighbors sort of party, and sloppy drunks are even more sucky :) But it will be ok...not having a fabulous time for 3 hours tonight vs beating myself up all next week and a bad WI aren't worth it.

The thing is, when I mentioned it to my coach, she didn't act like it was a big deal at all. When I posted this morning, I wasn't so worried about undoing my work as I was about overdoing the drinking on such a low calorie diet (I'm obviously not used to that) -- that's why I was so cavalier. I've done a bit more reading now on here thanks to the tough love and agree that it isn't worth it!

I did some research about drinking too. I am not a regular drinker but do enjoy the occasional glass of wine. Many times over the last 5 and half months I have thought about having a "planned" drink, but just can't seem to bring myself to flush one week of total OP down the drain for the enjoyment of a couple of drinks....oh well it will still be there when I meet my goal.

Have fun with your friends you can be the designated driver (and tell all the stories the next day ;)

Hopeful in Canada 06-22-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newmom7611 (Post 4380573)
ok, so i'm in my 4th day of phase 3 and it's going ok. Don't get me wrong-- i LOVE the breakfasts and love eating my grains, fruit, and dairy again. However, i'm having a bit of love/hate feelings toward food. I feel like i've become SO obsessed with it. I'm having such a tough time because no one understands where i'm coming from, except for you guys, i think. I talk to my husband about it all the time, but i know he's tuning me out 90% of the time. He really just DOESN'T get it. He's barely 150 pounds , standing 6'1. He carb loads all day long just to keep the little amount of weight on him (he's a stick!). So when i'm blabbering about carbs, calories, and fat....what i had and what i wish i could have... it goes in one ear and right out the other for him. :( Anyway, back to the reason for my post....

Phase 3 is great.... i know how that it's probably THE most important of them all... but i'm getting nervous. I'm so obsessive and so scared of food now, that i don't even know how to explain the UN ease i feel having them back. i LOVE the tastes and crunch and creaminess of it all... but i hate it because i know what those foods are capable of. I NEVER want to be the person i was before i started IP.. I'm petrified of that person, and never want to see her again.

Ever since i entered phase 3--- i crash, hard. Soon after breakfast, i feel like i HAVE to have a second cup of coffee to make it through the day (i don't), but i feel like i need to nap when my son does. I've been kind of depressed lately (TOM was a week an a half ago, so its not that). I can't explain it, I'm just----- down and bluesy for no reason.... MY SKIN - i'm breaking out so bad... this coming from someone with pretty good skin.. i never even broke out during puberty. I feel like i get 2 new pimples over night. i'm trying to clear them up, but my skin is all of a sudden so oily and gross looking. Here's to hoping it clears up soon! One more for my "con list" is ... I feel like I'm beginning to entertain the idea of excusing things that aren't ok...such as, "well since you are REintroducing foods, maybe you can add a little this and a little that here and there" (even later in the day) which is NOT good. I was so militant with this in phase one. i have to keep that up for this to work.
The GOOD things are -- First and foremost, obviously the food. Secondly, I've been using the bathroom every day since I started phase 3, which is a great change up. i used to only go once or twice a week on phase one. Third, i've lost 3 oz-- i'll take ANY loss with having carbs, fat, and calories of this nature.
Anyway.. I felt comfy in phase one.. i felt SAFE in phase one.. i just need to keep practicing control, because...it's hard when you can have it but you have to STOP. severe moderation is what i'm going to have to keep practicing... sorry for the rant/long post. just a tough time lately. :hug:

I know exactly how you feel. I started Phase 3 on Sunday and was feeling depressed, scared and really tired until 2:00 am on Thursday morning. I woke up to make my normal bathroom run and couldn't go back to sleep...had way too much energy. I am feeling pretty good about this phase and hope that you will soon as well. I am still losing which I find weird but I am Ok with it. My face broke out as well, but seems to be clearing now.

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone....we will get through it together.
Cindy

newmom7611 06-22-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada (Post 4380645)
I know exactly how you feel. I started Phase 3 on Sunday and was feeling depressed, scared and really tired until 2:00 am on Thursday morning. I woke up to make my normal bathroom run and couldn't go back to sleep...had way too much energy. I am feeling pretty good about this phase and hope that you will soon as well. I am still losing which I find weird but I am Ok with it. My face broke out as well, but seems to be clearing now.

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone....we will get through it together.
Cindy

Thank you so much for your response. I hope I continue to lose and hope that all my other cons clear up like yours did. I'm mostly worried who is gonna take over in maitenance -- the new me or the old me. The old me was around for 24 years and I'm hoping that the new me is strong enough to stick around just as long and longer. Again, thanks for the support

Kikie 06-22-2012 05:56 PM

Good evening!

Just saying hi, checking out what's going on today. I just made something simple but surprisingly good: cooked ground meat (I used chicken) with some chopped green pepper and green onion, until veggies are tender but still crispy, add enough medium salsa to coat (I don't know if some salsas have sugar, tostitos brand doesn't have any) and then mix in some spices that I had on hand (ground cumin and coriander, mrs dash extra spicy mix) heat up a minute or so, and it's became a new favourite of mine. Too bad I can only have it twice a week because of the salsa!

Have a great OP day everyone!

BLUEJEWEL 06-22-2012 05:58 PM

so I am on day 5 today and have been 100% OP, so proud of me. It has been much easier than I thought, and what I am finding is each day I am a bit less obsessive about food, which is good. Drinking tons of iced coffee and lots and lots of water.I feel better already it is amazing. I try not to think about how long it will take to get to goal, but just am happy I am where I am.
I think when I start to get bored I will start trying new things, but eating lettuce and this many vegetables is new. I have a fantastic lemon tree and I think that with cracked black pepper can make anything yummy!
You all post alot and I wish I had time to read it all, but maybe late tonight.
Have a great weekend!

Chloe222 06-22-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evepet (Post 4380090)
Speaking of ice cream...you might be interested in what I've started using as an 'alternative ice cream'. I freeze a RTD protein shake overnight. Remove it mid afternoon and put it in the refrigerator. When you're ready to eat it, remove it from the carton, cut it into chunks and put them all in a Ninja blender. Pulse gently - just a few pulses will do it - until it forms more of a ice cream or sorbet consistency. This is satisfying my taste for ice cream right now, and has become my favorite before bed protein snack.

Hi Eve,
Can't wait to try this!
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 (Post 4380122)
Good morning, everyone! I am completely stressed out and I am breaking out like a teenager :(

I am just stressed to the max! But, I am totally on OP, so I guess there is an upside :)

Wow, I thought I was having a bad day...I am proud of you for remaining OP. You totally have this program licked and your weight issues for life as you can handle that and stay OP. Good for you!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsieblu (Post 4380283)
omg...the strength all of you share is wonderful! Thank you. On day six...I think I'm cheating myself by not having the last cup of veggies at dinner but don't feel hungry for it until the next a.m. ;) But all day at work yesterday sat not 1 but 2 boxes of doughnuts and I ate zero :carrot:,

Great job staying OP!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorfinn (Post 4380332)
Excellent!!! :carrot:

I'll get out at least twice this weekend......Just not sure where we're going to drag it yet. :)

My hubby is racing our J80 this weekend. I'll be cheering him on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaypix (Post 4380396)
Thanks vet, kind of made me tear up a little bit...in a good way of course! :hug:

Gorgeous photos!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy (Post 4380502)
Update in the cat situation - both are at home now getting acquainted with their new house. They were just about as happy to see me as I was to see them. Gotta get back to work, more later. Thank you all for your support.

yay!! They are back, your post was the one I was really looking for and am so glad they are safe and happy, back with mama!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hgamroth (Post 4380570)
FANTASTIC DAY!!! TOM weigh in so I wasn't expecting much. -2.8 pounds!!! I was shocked. I also delivered a speech, passed a mid-term with an A and turned in a 5 page paper! WHEW!!! I am going to relax, garage sale and play with the kids this weekend. Happy Weekend everyone!

That was a quite a week!! Good going!

Quote:

Originally Posted by offkilter (Post 4380625)
I am back on IP. Took off for a month because I was traveling, away at classes, and a variety of other business. I started off trying to stay on IP during it all, but ultimately I was too stressed and getting too hungry when I was traveling. So I just ate low carb.

I put on 2 pounds and no inches (I'm guessing what I put on was water weight), and it was gone after my first day back on IP. Now I've been on for a week and so far that 2 pounds (no inches) is the only thing to go. I haven't been sleeping well since I've been back on, I am constantly hungry, and I don't like the food as much.

I know this diet is effective and I really want to stick with it. Can't seem to stop feeling depressed about it though.

Just hang in there, it will get better very, very soon and you'll be soooo glad you stayed with IP. The time will pass quickly, you will start looking marvelous, you will be happy. Hang in there!!!

cscape 06-22-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4380587)
Thanks!! I appreciate the ecouragement. My average is about yours. I guess people are loosing about the same I have in 12 weeks in three weeks and you think why not me?

You're gonna do great as a coach! :)

Thanks, this is why I always say never compare yourself to anyone when it comes to YOUR journey. We all lose differently, its YOUR journey. You are doing great and your average is right on target if you ask me. You are on the right track:hug:[/QUOTE]

Your journey is an inspiration to me..thanks for staying on this chat. Your will be a great coach! I just finished my 1st wk..and am concerned that the weight won't come off fast enough. Will continue with 1 day, 1 meal at a time.

usmcvet 06-22-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaypix (Post 4380396)
Thanks vet, kind of made me tear up a little bit...in a good way of course! :hug: I cannot remember the last time I was in the 160's aside from when I was in California...at least DH told me I didn't get this thin on WW and that was August 2008...moved home from California in April 2007...I love how I look right now, and can't wait to see where I am in 10, 15, 20 pounds...and if I hold my loss this whole weekend, I get another bead on Monday, 5 beads for my charm bracelet :)
2005 ... my "bridal shower" more than a month after my wedding, because I eloped...https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...915_9432_n.jpg

And my all-time-ever favorite picture of myself...June 2006, had been married a year, drove home with DH for our one year reception (since we didn't have a wedding, just a courthouse)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...1915_250_n.jpg

I want to look like THAT again :) Freckles are standing out from all the outdoor riding I did in San Diego...and my arms were like, ripped!

Kaypix you are beautiful. You are doing great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darralyn (Post 4380443)
I'm pretending I didn't hear that; you're kidding, right? You cannot drink on this program! You're in your second week and thinking about this? Please don't do it!! :^::^:

Good advice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cstokes102 (Post 4380450)
@ Kaypix, those picture are nice but the one in the wedding dress is absolutely beautiful. It looks like a picture for a wedding magazine. (sorry I didn't attach the original message but I can't seem to figure out how to do that or post a picture of myself.)

Finally victory on the scale again yesterday I lost 5.5 lbs. Now only 6 lbs. to go before I reach my first 40 lbs. :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Forty pounds is awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anitamarlene (Post 4380462)
Try club soda and lime - change of pace and it looks like you are having a drink so people won't give you grief. I actually really like this when I go out!

Or just water.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorfinn (Post 4380508)
I was in a similar situation last week. I didn't drink....had a pretty terrible time....but felt fantastic in the morning. I would have beaten myself up for days if I had wasted all that work on a couple drinks.

You can do it.

Drunk people suck to be around when you're sober :D

I hate drunks. :mad:

Kikie 06-22-2012 06:32 PM

Something that just came back to me while reading the thread and seeing the word "omelet": when I went for my WI on tuesday, I only lost 2 pounds. I thought it'd be more because there was a big difference in the way my pants fit. My coach asked me what I ate and when I mentioned a veggie omelet, she told me again that I can't have omelets/fried eggs/scrambled eggs. Only hard-boiled. I really don't get it! She says any other way of cooking egg yolks is fat that goes directly in our system and it slows down our loss. Yet, I have mentioned this before on the board and people said they never heard about that and that the way of cooking a yolk should not affect its nutritional content. I am trying a completely yolk-free week, if that really is what set me back, but I'm confused!

Thorfinn 06-22-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4380726)

I hate drunks. :mad:

I'm sure you deal with a lot more of them than I do :D

Longhorn Energy 06-22-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kikie (Post 4380735)
Something that just came back to me while reading the thread and seeing the word "omelet": when I went for my WI on tuesday, I only lost 2 pounds. I thought it'd be more because there was a big difference in the way my pants fit. My coach asked me what I ate and when I mentioned a veggie omelet, she told me again that I can't have omelets/fried eggs/scrambled eggs. Only hard-boiled. I really don't get it! She says any other way of cooking egg yolks is fat that goes directly in our system and it slows down our loss. Yet, I have mentioned this before on the board and people said they never heard about that and that the way of cooking a yolk should not affect its nutritional content. I am trying a completely yolk-free week, if that really is what set me back, but I'm confused!

How does she think you get a hard boiled egg??? Uhmmm, its cooked too!

She is wrong, wrong, wrong...So either she doesnt know what shes talking about, or...you are misunderstanding what she is saying, or its another issue, like you are having the omelet off plan???

Eggs are listed on our sheet as a protein choice...you can cook them any way you want...

Its funny, I havent been around here a long time but have sure heard a lot of stories like this about coaches...you have a responsibility to yourself to stand up to the stupidity and question your coach on nonsense statements like this...I would have never left the clinic without clearing this up...Have her show you some documentation, and have her explain how hard boiled eggs cook lol

usmcvet 06-22-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorfinn (Post 4380736)
I'm sure you deal with a lot more of them than I do :D

Occupational hazard. :dizzy:

Darralyn 06-22-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy (Post 4380502)
Update in the cat situation - both are at home now getting acquainted with their new house. They were just about as happy to see me as I was to see them. Gotta get back to work, more later. Thank you all for your support.

Oh I am so glad you got them back! That is a happy ending! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by newmom7611 (Post 4380573)
ok, so i'm in my 4th day of phase 3 and it's going ok. Don't get me wrong-- i LOVE the breakfasts and love eating my grains, fruit, and dairy again. However, i'm having a bit of love/hate feelings toward food. I feel like i've become SO obsessed with it. I'm having such a tough time because no one understands where i'm coming from, except for you guys, i think. I talk to my husband about it all the time, but i know he's tuning me out 90% of the time. He really just DOESN'T get it. He's barely 150 pounds , standing 6'1. He carb loads all day long just to keep the little amount of weight on him (he's a stick!). So when i'm blabbering about carbs, calories, and fat....what i had and what i wish i could have... it goes in one ear and right out the other for him. :( Anyway, back to the reason for my post....

Phase 3 is great.... i know how that it's probably THE most important of them all... but i'm getting nervous. I'm so obsessive and so scared of food now, that i don't even know how to explain the UN ease i feel having them back. i LOVE the tastes and crunch and creaminess of it all... but i hate it because i know what those foods are capable of. I NEVER want to be the person i was before i started IP.. I'm petrified of that person, and never want to see her again.

Ever since i entered phase 3--- i crash, hard. Soon after breakfast, i feel like i HAVE to have a second cup of coffee to make it through the day (i don't), but i feel like i need to nap when my son does. I've been kind of depressed lately (TOM was a week an a half ago, so its not that). I can't explain it, I'm just----- down and bluesy for no reason.... MY SKIN - i'm breaking out so bad... this coming from someone with pretty good skin.. i never even broke out during puberty. I feel like i get 2 new pimples over night. i'm trying to clear them up, but my skin is all of a sudden so oily and gross looking. Here's to hoping it clears up soon! One more for my "con list" is ... I feel like I'm beginning to entertain the idea of excusing things that aren't ok...such as, "well since you are REintroducing foods, maybe you can add a little this and a little that here and there" (even later in the day) which is NOT good. I was so militant with this in phase one. i have to keep that up for this to work.
The GOOD things are -- First and foremost, obviously the food. Secondly, I've been using the bathroom every day since I started phase 3, which is a great change up. i used to only go once or twice a week on phase one. Third, i've lost 3 oz-- i'll take ANY loss with having carbs, fat, and calories of this nature.
Anyway.. I felt comfy in phase one.. i felt SAFE in phase one.. i just need to keep practicing control, because...it's hard when you can have it but you have to STOP. severe moderation is what i'm going to have to keep practicing... sorry for the rant/long post. just a tough time lately. :hug:

I am sorry you are feeling bad. Phase one does feel really safe and I am afraid I will feel afraid as well. Thanks for sharing your feelings hope it helps. :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by offkilter (Post 4380625)

Sorry you are feeling bad also; it doesn't sound like you messed up too bad while you were off protocol. Just sorry it sucks for you to be back on it. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL (Post 4380700)
so I am on day 5 today and have been 100% OP, so proud of me. It has been much easier than I thought, and what I am finding is each day I am a bit less obsessive about food, which is good. Drinking tons of iced coffee and lots and lots of water.I feel better already it is amazing. I try not to think about how long it will take to get to goal, but just am happy I am where I am.
I think when I start to get bored I will start trying new things, but eating lettuce and this many vegetables is new. I have a fantastic lemon tree and I think that with cracked black pepper can make anything yummy!
You all post alot and I wish I had time to read it all, but maybe late tonight.
Have a great weekend!

It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job!! Keep it up! :carrot::carrot:

Kikie 06-22-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy (Post 4380763)
How does she think you get a hard boiled egg??? Uhmmm, its cooked too!

She is wrong, wrong, wrong...So either she doesnt know what shes talking about, or...you are misunderstanding what she is saying, or its another issue, like you are having the omelet off plan???

Eggs are listed on our sheet as a protein choice...you can cook them any way you want...

Its funny, I havent been around here a long time but have sure heard a lot of stories like this about coaches...you have a responsibility to yourself to stand up to the stupidity and question your coach on nonsense statements like this...I would have never left the clinic without clearing this up...Have her show you some documentation, and have her explain how hard boiled eggs cook lol

Ehhh, no, I did not have my omelet off plan. It was a 2-egg omelet with a tiny bit (1-2oz) of chicken breast to bump up the protein value, some zucchini/green peppers/green onions/garlic and spices. I ate it as my dinner. I tried to find something about that on Google but I couldn't. I'm still going to try a yolk-free week or two, if I don't see any difference I won't bother and I'll have my omelets. Could it have something to do with the fact that the yolk doesn't "spill" or see air during the cooking process of hard-boiled eggs? Random wild theory :dizzy: She is very knowledgeable, I don't know where she pulled that one from.

Edit: I think I know what's going on, after a little research and some Google luck. First of all, I am French so some words are not the same. In Quebec, the same word is usually used for "hard-boiled" and "soft-boiled", leading to a HUGE confusion on my part. So really, what I think she wants me to have is uncooked yolk. Not even hard-boiled. Ugh, that totally turns me off lol. Still, I didn't know that cooked yolk was direct fat or whatever it may be. Does it make sense?