3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 6/22/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261497-ip-daily-chat-friday-6-22-12-a.html)

mooselover 06-22-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4379899)
18 pounds to goal Chloe. You are getting there my friend :)

Good Morning Everybody

No big plans today.. yaaaay. I can catch up on housework and tv. My sis in law and my nephew came over for A swim early yesterday afternoon and stayed till 8:30 last night. A swim turned into many swims. It's funny, even though I didnt do anything strenuous (just sit around in the heat and float in the pool) I am exhausted. I did have a NSV though. My 9 year old nephew said
"Cadu, (that is my real life nickname) you're not fat anymore". He is very to the point lol

Have a wonderful day everybody and think skinny thoughts :)

Nice NSV - Kids sure are honest at times...but this was a good time :D

rvingprincess 06-22-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evepet (Post 4380090)
Speaking of ice cream...you might be interested in what I've started using as an 'alternative ice cream'. I freeze a RTD protein shake overnight. Remove it mid afternoon and put it in the refrigerator. When you're ready to eat it, remove it from the carton, cut it into chunks and put them all in a Ninja blender. Pulse gently - just a few pulses will do it - until it forms more of a ice cream or sorbet consistency. This is satisfying my taste for ice cream right now, and has become my favorite 'to go' before bed protein snack.

Thanks for the suggestion I will definatly try it this weekend.

mooselover 06-22-2012 10:30 AM

Good Morning everyone. I will be going to my 17th week WI in a little bit. I've been walking and doing some light weights for 2 weeks and it sure has slowed down my losses. Think I might just do the walking till I hit my goal. I want this weight to come off!!! I was hoping to be on phase 3 before my surgery July 18th. We shall see what the scale says, but mine only shows a small loss (like 1.0) for 2 weeks. I sure feel good where I am at, but my body fat % is still a little high, and I don't want to finish until I am at 27%.

Hope everyone has a great morning. I will check back in after my WI.

GeauxTigers82 06-22-2012 10:32 AM

Good morning, everyone! I am completely stressed out and I am breaking out like a teenager :(

My husband had back surgery 2 weeks ago. He can't do or lift anything, so I am stuck doing every single thing. We have a 2 year old and a 5 year old, and I am a teacher, so we are all home for the summer. My house is a constant mess because I can not keep up with all the Tasmanian devils in my house.

Well, my 2 year old has had a fever for the last 2 days and he threw up this morning. I am trying to potty train him because he is going to start the 3 year old program at my school in August as long as he is potty trained. He is not having any of it. I have tried bribes, stickers, etc. He is just too stubborn.

My hot water heater burst yesterday. We have 2 (one upstairs that controls the right side of the house and 1 in the garage that controls the left side of the house). The upstairs one burst in September and leaked through the ceiling. It was a mess. The one in the garage burst yesterday and it is making my wood laminate flooring in the living room bubble. Plus, we do not have hot water in the kitchen or the kids' bathroom.

I got a bill from the dentist for my stepdaughter. All of a sudden, they don't file secondary insurance. I told them too bad because they did in November and that's when the services took place. I am waiting for the office manager to call back.

We are all supposed to go to my husband's new work facility this afternoon. They are opening it to tours since it is highly classified. It's a brand new multi million dollar high tech facility, and I will never be allowed in again - or so I am told.

I still need to go to the grocery and I promised to take my 5 year old to see Brave.

I am just stressed to the max! But, I am totally on OP, so I guess there is an upside :)

mooselover 06-22-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorfinn (Post 4379916)
Argh....have to spend the day training a new employee. I'd rather be boating!

I'd rather be boating too, but we will be going tomorrow :D We are taking our boat out on a trip to the Dall River to catch some Norther Pike. It's going to be an all day (6am to 10pm) trip, so I have to get all my IP food and veggies ready today.

I hope you get to go boating this weekend too!!!

mooselover 06-22-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 (Post 4380122)
Good morning, everyone! I am completely stressed out and I am breaking out like a teenager :(

My husband had back surgery 2 weeks ago. He can't do or lift anything, so I am stuck doing every single thing. We have a 2 year old and a 5 year old, and I am a teacher, so we are all home for the summer. My house is a constant mess because I can not keep up with all the Tasmanian devils in my house.

Well, my 2 year old has had a fever for the last 2 days and he threw up this morning. I am trying to potty train him because he is going to start the 3 year old program at my school in August as long as he is potty trained. He is not having any of it. I have tried bribes, stickers, etc. He is just too stubborn.

My hot water heater burst yesterday. We have 2 (one upstairs that controls the right side of the house and 1 in the garage that controls the left side of the house). The upstairs one burst in September and leaked through the ceiling. It was a mess. The one in the garage burst yesterday and it is making my wood laminate flooring in the living room bubble. Plus, we do not have hot water in the kitchen or the kids' bathroom.

I got a bill from the dentist for my stepdaughter. All of a sudden, they don't file secondary insurance. I told them too bad because they did in November and that's when the services took place. I am waiting for the office manager to call back.

We are all supposed to go to my husband's new work facility this afternoon. They are opening it to tours since it is highly classified. It's a brand new multi million dollar high tech facility, and I will never be allowed in again - or so I am told.

I still need to go to the grocery and I promised to take my 5 year old to see Brave.

I am just stressed to the max! But, I am totally on OP, so I guess there is an upside :)

Take a deep breath and relax!!! Life will get better. Just take one thing at a time. :hug:

KBig 06-22-2012 10:50 AM

oops ... WI #10 ...

time sure flies .... when melting away ...

bttrhalf 06-22-2012 10:57 AM

Morning, I'm brand new to IP, signed up yesterday and starting this morning. scared and excited all at once. I haven't done a diet quite this restrictive before but I need to do something. Bought a maxi summer dress on Tuesday and got it home to try on and boy did i look awful in it, made up my mind right then i had to do something.
hoping to get to my goal weight by the end of October my birthday.

britne1 06-22-2012 11:00 AM

3.5 lbs in 3 days. Can't wait to see where I'm at in 4 more days. Wish me luck on my one day road trip. I'll be getting up early tomorrow to pack my veggies and shake and will have meat + protein at dinner with the family.

Good Morning Everyone!!!

MiamiCajun 06-22-2012 11:01 AM

Happy Friday!! Welcome bttrhalf! Wishing you happiness as you embark on your journey :)

Bought the IP chicken soup, can't wait to add my broccoli and chicken, that's what I'm looking forward to today!!!

lisabk 06-22-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4379899)
18 pounds to goal Chloe. You are getting there my friend :)

Good Morning Everybody

No big plans today.. yaaaay. I can catch up on housework and tv. My sis in law and my nephew came over for A swim early yesterday afternoon and stayed till 8:30 last night. A swim turned into many swims. It's funny, even though I didnt do anything strenuous (just sit around in the heat and float in the pool) I am exhausted. I did have a NSV though. My 9 year old nephew said
"Cadu, (that is my real life nickname) you're not fat anymore". He is very to the point lol

Have a wonderful day everybody and think skinny thoughts :)

LOVE your nephew...kids are great! I know it must have made you feel wonderful. Your progression pics are amazing. I wish I had done that in the beginning. I did take one this week and will start taking them monthly going forward. Enjoy your day.

lisabk 06-22-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooselover (Post 4380121)
Good Morning everyone. I will be going to my 17th week WI in a little bit. I've been walking and doing some light weights for 2 weeks and it sure has slowed down my losses. Think I might just do the walking till I hit my goal. I want this weight to come off!!! I was hoping to be on phase 3 before my surgery July 18th. We shall see what the scale says, but mine only shows a small loss (like 1.0) for 2 weeks. I sure feel good where I am at, but my body fat % is still a little high, and I don't want to finish until I am at 27%.

Hope everyone has a great morning. I will check back in after my WI.

Good luck! You look amazing.

IPdivajen 06-22-2012 11:35 AM

Happy Friday all! Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. :)

wuv2bloved 06-22-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceyjblack (Post 4380034)
I posted this in maintainers but thought I might get more eyes here...

I am in maintainence and I generally had a really good day yesterday. My p3 breakfast spread out through the morning, a "sandwich" (turkey and swiss between two pieces of romaine) and veggies, and my grilled chicken w zucchini for dinner.

However... somewhere in the afternoon I decided to bake cupcakes and I had several licks of the spoon. Do we think this qualifies me for a phase 1 day today? Or do I have a really balanced day today?

Thanks for the help everyone!!!

You should be fine, a few licks won't hurt you as the other poster said, just don't make it a habit again :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvingprincess (Post 4380078)
I almost had a cheat yesterday, I had an ice cream cone in my hand (you know the kind with peanuts & chocolate on top we used to call them nuddy buddys for anyone in my generation), I started to unwrap it, oh it was so hot yesterday and the ice cream was so cold, but I caught myself in time wrapped it back up and put it back in the freezer (I don't keep these at home, this was at work). I feel so proud of myself, I found the will power in the end. The last couple of nights I have walked 3 miles on my treadmill (it was just too hot to walk outside) stepped on my scale this morning (it is okay I don't stress out if it goes up) and I am down -2.4 lbs. since my WI on Wed. evening and I would have spoiled all that effort for what!!! 3 minutes of pleasure. Not worth it. Today I have a work function to attend, they usually don't have much for me to eat but I think they will have some chicken and salad so that will be my lunch, plus the veggies that I bought with me, and for supper I will have my shake and veggies (just switch up my lunch & supper). Just want to wish everyone a great OP weekend.

Keep on truckin

Caren

Just noticed my ticker, getting close to the 160's can't wait, & 1 more lb. & I can add another cheerleader!!!

:dust:

KEY WORD.......ALMOST!!......You DIDN"T do it, be proud of that. Life will throw you ALL KINDS of curve balls just stay focused on what you are doing and you will be fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 (Post 4380122)

You have the strength to overcome anything thrown at you, you are a mom, teacher and wife, ALL of those rolls takes a strong woman and YOU ARE that....STRONG!....believe in yourself :):hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bttrhalf (Post 4380157)
Morning, I'm brand new to IP, signed up yesterday and starting this morning. scared and excited all at once. I haven't done a diet quite this restrictive before but I need to do something. Bought a maxi summer dress on Tuesday and got it home to try on and boy did i look awful in it, made up my mind right then i had to do something.
hoping to get to my goal weight by the end of October my birthday.

Welcome to the IP family and to the most incredible journey of your life. You will enjoy this very strict program once you see the results with the first week. Your first week MIGHT be a little rough but hang tight and work through it. You will be amazed, its strict but very very doable. Check in here daily for support, suggestions or anything else....we even vent sometimes on here about non IP stuff....its an open board use it to stay focused :)

Good morning everyone, I woke up in the mood I was in at 4am....GOOD MOOD!....my mom, brother and nephews are on the way so I am excited about that. It will be a fun filled weekend for sure!

rainbowsmiles 06-22-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4380237)

Good morning everyone, I woke up in the mood I was in at 4am....GOOD MOOD!....my mom, brother and nephews are on the way so I am excited about that. It will be a fun filled weekend for sure![/COLOR]

:D:D must be love ;) love makes the world go round!!!