3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 6/22/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261497-ip-daily-chat-friday-6-22-12-a.html)

kmstacy 06-22-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 (Post 4380245)
So I forgot to update on my 3rd weigh in... Down another 7 that's 31 lbs folks in 3 weeks..... Woot.

holy cow that is awesome ..i am jealous !:carrot:

mooselover 06-22-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaypix (Post 4380396)
Thanks vet, kind of made me tear up a little bit...in a good way of course! :hug: I cannot remember the last time I was in the 160's aside from when I was in California...at least DH told me I didn't get this thin on WW and that was August 2008...moved home from California in April 2007...I love how I look right now, and can't wait to see where I am in 10, 15, 20 pounds...and if I hold my loss this whole weekend, I get another bead on Monday, 5 beads for my charm bracelet :)
2005 ... my "bridal shower" more than a month after my wedding, because I eloped...https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...915_9432_n.jpg

And my all-time-ever favorite picture of myself...June 2006, had been married a year, drove home with DH for our one year reception (since we didn't have a wedding, just a courthouse)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...1915_250_n.jpg

I want to look like THAT again :) Freckles are standing out from all the outdoor riding I did in San Diego...and my arms were like, ripped!

Adorable pictures!!!

jules26965 06-22-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4380349)
DON'T DO IT.....DON'T HAVE THAT DRINK!!!!!.....its NOT worth it....its her BIRTHDAY, that doesn't mean you have to celebrate it with drinking, celebrate it with good company. Celebrating has always been a way to eat and drink, Now just enjoy the company without the drinking or eating, you will be very happy that you did not have that drink. You will feel guilty and beat yourself up over it. You loss 5lbs your first week, you drink and it will take you back a week....DON"T DO IT!

You're right! I resisted cake and chicken wings and all sorts of stuff at her dinner the other night, I should be able to drink water and have fun without the alcohol! That way I can reach my goal that much sooner! Thanks wuv2bloved, sometimes I need the tough love (my coach is kinda meek and I have a somewhat strong personality....)

Darralyn 06-22-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jules26965 (Post 4380325)
Welcome! I'm new too, just finished my 7th day of IP yesterday and had my first weigh in Wednesday (down 5.7lbs woot!). My bday is at the end of October and I'm hoping to be to my goal weight by then too!

TGIF!!! I'm pretty nervous because tonight's my best friend's birthday party. I told my coach I'm going to have a drink or 2 (vodka/club soda), but I'm worried about how the alcohol will effect me. I already have a DD lined up! The "good news" is that I work at 9:45 tomorrow morning so I have a second excuse not to go crazy with shots (people don't seem to want to hear diet)....

Have a great Friday everyone!!!!

I'm pretending I didn't hear that; you're kidding, right? You cannot drink on this program! You're in your second week and thinking about this? Please don't do it!! :^::^:

cstokes102 06-22-2012 01:54 PM

@ Kaypix, those picture are nice but the one in the wedding dress is absolutely beautiful. It looks like a picture for a wedding magazine. (sorry I didn't attach the original message but I can't seem to figure out how to do that or post a picture of myself.)

Finally victory on the scale again yesterday I lost 5.5 lbs. Now only 6 lbs. to go before I reach my first 40 lbs. :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

wuv2bloved 06-22-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jules26965 (Post 4380439)
You're right! I resisted cake and chicken wings and all sorts of stuff at her dinner the other night, I should be able to drink water and have fun without the alcohol! That way I can reach my goal that much sooner! Thanks wuv2bloved, sometimes I need the tough love (my coach is kinda meek and I have a somewhat strong personality....)

Post like this get you "MY" tough love....lol....this will keep you focused and get to your goal quicker!....I pass my "tough love" around when needed...ask anyone on here....lol....Sometimes I give it and don't even realize I do....lol

Darralyn 06-22-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaypix (Post 4380396)
Thanks vet, kind of made me tear up a little bit...in a good way of course! :hug: I cannot remember the last time I was in the 160's aside from when I was in California...at least DH told me I didn't get this thin on WW and that was August 2008...moved home from California in April 2007...I love how I look right now, and can't wait to see where I am in 10, 15, 20 pounds...and if I hold my loss this whole weekend, I get another bead on Monday, 5 beads for my charm bracelet :)
2005 ... my "bridal shower" more than a month after my wedding, because I eloped...https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...915_9432_n.jpg

And my all-time-ever favorite picture of myself...June 2006, had been married a year, drove home with DH for our one year reception (since we didn't have a wedding, just a courthouse)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...1915_250_n.jpg

I want to look like THAT again :) Freckles are standing out from all the outdoor riding I did in San Diego...and my arms were like, ripped!

OMG you look absolutely gorgeous!! What a beauty you are!:)

anitamarlene 06-22-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Try club soda and lime - change of pace and it looks like you are having a drink so people won't give you grief. I actually really like this when I go out!

Diana B 06-22-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bttrhalf (Post 4380157)
Morning, I'm brand new to IP, signed up yesterday and starting this morning. scared and excited all at once. I haven't done a diet quite this restrictive before but I need to do something. Bought a maxi summer dress on Tuesday and got it home to try on and boy did i look awful in it, made up my mind right then i had to do something.
hoping to get to my goal weight by the end of October my birthday.

Hey, we're neighbors! I live in Kent, where do you go for IP? The first few days are rough, but don't give up, this is the best plan I have experienced, I have lost over 58 pounds since Feb 22, 2012, I love IP!

jules26965 06-22-2012 02:25 PM

@anitamarlene - Thanks, I will try the club soda (although I think lemon is more OP than lime, right?)!!! I will get grief either way but that's ok...my health is worth a little bit of grief!

Diana B 06-22-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 (Post 4380245)
So I forgot to update on my 3rd weigh in... Down another 7 that's 31 lbs folks in 3 weeks..... Woot.

Awesome! You are definitely rockin' IP :bravo::cp::dancer::cloud9:

mompattie 06-22-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4380349)
DON'T DO IT.....DON'T HAVE THAT DRINK!!!!!.....its NOT worth it....its her BIRTHDAY, that doesn't mean you have to celebrate it with drinking, celebrate it with good company. Celebrating has always been a way to eat and drink, Now just enjoy the company without the drinking or eating, you will be very happy that you did not have that drink. You will feel guilty and beat yourself up over it. You loss 5lbs your first week, you drink and it will take you back a week....DON"T DO IT!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darralyn (Post 4380443)
I'm pretending I didn't hear that; you're kidding, right? You cannot drink on this program! You're in your second week and thinking about this? Please don't do it!! :^::^:

I totally agree with these girls. Drinking alcohol will stall your weight loss. Kiss $100 for next weeks packets goodbye, cause it will set you back. You're on momentum now, DON'T drink alcohol. Try water with MIO, or sparkling water with lime or lemon, or even some MIO in it. Or just plain old water!! The alcohol isn't worth it. YOU ARE.

Beanie Mommy 06-22-2012 02:36 PM

Update in the cat situation - both are at home now getting acquainted with their new house. They were just about as happy to see me as I was to see them. Gotta get back to work, more later. Thank you all for your support.

Thorfinn 06-22-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jules26965 (Post 4380325)
Welcome! I'm new too, just finished my 7th day of IP yesterday and had my first weigh in Wednesday (down 5.7lbs woot!). My bday is at the end of October and I'm hoping to be to my goal weight by then too!

TGIF!!! I'm pretty nervous because tonight's my best friend's birthday party. I told my coach I'm going to have a drink or 2 (vodka/club soda), but I'm worried about how the alcohol will effect me. I already have a DD lined up! The "good news" is that I work at 9:45 tomorrow morning so I have a second excuse not to go crazy with shots (people don't seem to want to hear diet)....

Have a great Friday everyone!!!!

I was in a similar situation last week. I didn't drink....had a pretty terrible time....but felt fantastic in the morning. I would have beaten myself up for days if I had wasted all that work on a couple drinks.

You can do it.

Drunk people suck to be around when you're sober :D

Diana B 06-22-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy (Post 4380502)
Update in the cat situation - both are at home now getting acquainted with their new house. They were just about as happy to see me as I was to see them. Gotta get back to work, more later. Thank you all for your support.

Yay! :carrot::D:cb: