3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 6/22/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261497-ip-daily-chat-friday-6-22-12-a.html)

jules26965 06-22-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bttrhalf (Post 4380157)
Morning, I'm brand new to IP, signed up yesterday and starting this morning. scared and excited all at once. I haven't done a diet quite this restrictive before but I need to do something. Bought a maxi summer dress on Tuesday and got it home to try on and boy did i look awful in it, made up my mind right then i had to do something.
hoping to get to my goal weight by the end of October my birthday.

Welcome! I'm new too, just finished my 7th day of IP yesterday and had my first weigh in Wednesday (down 5.7lbs woot!). My bday is at the end of October and I'm hoping to be to my goal weight by then too!

TGIF!!! I'm pretty nervous because tonight's my best friend's birthday party. I told my coach I'm going to have a drink or 2 (vodka/club soda), but I'm worried about how the alcohol will effect me. I already have a DD lined up! The "good news" is that I work at 9:45 tomorrow morning so I have a second excuse not to go crazy with shots (people don't seem to want to hear diet)....

Have a great Friday everyone!!!!

J bug 06-22-2012 12:27 PM

TGIF! My husband's been out of town for two weeks and gets back Sunday night. I'm ready for the help with our two small children! :)

My husband will be starting IP next week and will be a LOSER right along with me. I can't wait to have him at my side, eating the same stuff. Now, if I could just get my boys to embrace more vegetables. Lead by example, right?

Thorfinn 06-22-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooselover (Post 4380125)
I'd rather be boating too, but we will be going tomorrow :D We are taking our boat out on a trip to the Dall River to catch some Norther Pike. It's going to be an all day (6am to 10pm) trip, so I have to get all my IP food and veggies ready today.

I hope you get to go boating this weekend too!!!

Excellent!!! :carrot:

I'll get out at least twice this weekend......Just not sure where we're going to drag it yet. :)

wuv2bloved 06-22-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jules26965 (Post 4380325)
Welcome! I'm new too, just finished my 7th day of IP yesterday and had my first weigh in Wednesday (down 5.7lbs woot!). My bday is at the end of October and I'm hoping to be to my goal weight by then too!

TGIF!!! I'm pretty nervous because tonight's my best friend's birthday party. I told my coach I'm going to have a drink or 2 (vodka/club soda), but I'm worried about how the alcohol will effect me. I already have a DD lined up! The "good news" is that I work at 9:45 tomorrow morning so I have a second excuse not to go crazy with shots (people don't seem to want to hear diet)....

Have a great Friday everyone!!!!

DON'T DO IT.....DON'T HAVE THAT DRINK!!!!!.....its NOT worth it....its her BIRTHDAY, that doesn't mean you have to celebrate it with drinking, celebrate it with good company. Celebrating has always been a way to eat and drink, Now just enjoy the company without the drinking or eating, you will be very happy that you did not have that drink. You will feel guilty and beat yourself up over it. You loss 5lbs your first week, you drink and it will take you back a week....DON"T DO IT!

mooselover 06-22-2012 01:00 PM

Back from my WI. I lost .4 lbs and .5 inches. This last 10 pounds is going to be slow I am affraid...I had one of my best weeks ever. Felt so energetic and had great workouts. Makes me feel kind of sad.

usmcvet 06-22-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 (Post 4380245)
So I forgot to update on my 3rd weigh in... Down another 7 that's 31 lbs folks in 3 weeks..... Woot.

Awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaypix (Post 4380284)
Way to stay tough!! This morning I crept onto the scale expecting gain, I have one SOMEWHERE every week (weigh daily and track changes), and so far no gain...I was 169.6...and now it's weird, I am PETRIFIED I'll have a gain this weekend and go back over 170 on Monday's WI...weird huh? It took me 3 weeks to kill 4 pounds :S but they is dead now, d-e-d dead!

I felt the same way when I dropped below 400. It was a huge emotional thing for me just the 170's are for you. I am never going back! You aren't either.

chicagoboiler 06-22-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

So I forgot to update on my 3rd weigh in... Down another 7 that's 31 lbs folks in 3 weeks..... Woot.

Holy moly Tigerlvr....your rock and kick major butt!! Keep it up!:dizzy:

LizRR 06-22-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

WOWZA!!! That is AWESOME! Congratulations!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porthardygurl (Post 4380298)
What a terrible nights sleep...pee pee pee pee pee pee pee pee pee....you get my point..When does are bladder get used to it and we stop peeing as much??? Cause i thought are bladder is supposed to expand and get used to the amount of fluid it contains no?

Well im happy to report..yesterday we finally had a hot summer day...too bad i was in bed fighting off horrible cravings..I was having cravings so bad that i succumbed myself to the bedroom until they passed...I figured..why not try and sleep? Yah...pee pee pee pee pee pee..you see my point. Point is: The wafers are a friggen bust!!! I bought a box of these baby's thinking that they would be my haven for something chocolatey and sweet when i needed a treat or had PMS....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (said in a sarcastic tone) I found out they just give me mad cravings....craving after craving after craving after i eat one...Its like 3 hours of madness...I see images of dancing sourdough bread in my head and its not good..Needless to say...they are GONE...into the garbage they go because i will not have all these stupid cravings just because i decide to waste my restricted on them!

I hear you - both on the bad sleep last night due to pee breaks (woke up 2x) and in the past I also had to chunk restricted because they were triggers. Good for you to recognize and remove it! For me it's the chocolate soy puffs, they are TOO GOOD for me to have in my house! As for the pee breaks, my mom came into town last night and we stayed up later than usual and I ended up drinking more water that I normal so late. Dragging today...

anitamarlene 06-22-2012 01:06 PM

Weekend encouragment... I am two weeks into the program. Tonight my husband comes home for a breif weekend visit (he is out of town for work ALL SUMMER!). I want to fall back into fun (ie FOOD) routines. Pizza and a movie tonight, breakfast at our favorite place tomorrow, BBQ on Saturday, drinks around the firepit at night, baking some sweet treats (I love to bake-one of my biggest hobbies).

Please I need suggestions for a much needed fun weekend with my husband that keeps me on plan! He is supportive, this is about me. I feel so un-fun right now.

LizRR 06-22-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooselover (Post 4380368)
Back from my WI. I lost .4 lbs and .5 inches. This last 10 pounds is going to be slow I am affraid...I had one of my best weeks ever. Felt so energetic and had great workouts. Makes me feel kind of sad.

That was my WI last week! Hoping this one today is better! You know the drill, it goes back & forth - and you are really close to goal! Looking good momma! Hope your daughter is going good too!

Lynnie63 06-22-2012 01:12 PM

For my WI on Wednesday I "only" lost 1.8, it was 1.6 the week before that. My losses have been low for IP - in the 2# range, with 1 4.8# thrown in there. I go to see the endocrinologist on Wednesday, I'm curious to see what he says. I'm going to see if he'll up my Syntrhroid dosage.

I've been 100% OP. I've tried eating my usual 2 heads of lettuce a day, only 1 head of lettuce a day. Just a few restricteds, or no restricteds. The week I lost 4 pounds I didn't do anything different than I do any other week.

I've moved my breakfast to 7ish (which is when I get to work), instead of 8. I get hungry around 10 - 10:30 so I have 2 egg whites. I drink 20+ glasses of water each day, so that's not it.

I'm going to try an experiment this week - I know there are many people on this board who have a restricted item every day and have bigger losses than I do, so this week that's what I'm going to do.

My coach is new and said that the restricted items are ok for at night , but I think I'm going to limit them to breakfast or lunch - that seems to be the consensus around here.

Kaypix 06-22-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4380378)
I felt the same way when I dropped below 400. It was a huge emotional thing for me just the 170's are for you. I am never going back! You aren't either.

Thanks vet, kind of made me tear up a little bit...in a good way of course! :hug: I cannot remember the last time I was in the 160's aside from when I was in California...at least DH told me I didn't get this thin on WW and that was August 2008...moved home from California in April 2007...I love how I look right now, and can't wait to see where I am in 10, 15, 20 pounds...and if I hold my loss this whole weekend, I get another bead on Monday, 5 beads for my charm bracelet :)
2005 ... my "bridal shower" more than a month after my wedding, because I eloped...https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...915_9432_n.jpg

And my all-time-ever favorite picture of myself...June 2006, had been married a year, drove home with DH for our one year reception (since we didn't have a wedding, just a courthouse)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...1915_250_n.jpg

I want to look like THAT again :) Freckles are standing out from all the outdoor riding I did in San Diego...and my arms were like, ripped!

reneepw 06-22-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anitamarlene (Post 4380382)
Weekend encouragment... I am two weeks into the program. Tonight my husband comes home for a breif weekend visit (he is out of town for work ALL SUMMER!). I want to fall back into fun (ie FOOD) routines. Pizza and a movie tonight, breakfast at our favorite place tomorrow, BBQ on Saturday, drinks around the firepit at night, baking some sweet treats (I love to bake-one of my biggest hobbies).

Please I need suggestions for a much needed fun weekend with my husband that keeps me on plan! He is supportive, this is about me. I feel so un-fun right now.

hi Anitamarlene - browse through the recipes here..you can still make it fun - just do it in an IP-way! If you want to snack around the firepit - save your veggies and just snack on cut up peppers and celery. Make baked kale chips. Drink water with some flavoring - i know some folks like Mio. Bake zucchini on top of the oatmeal for a 'pie'..it uses apple pie spice. Make 'pizza' from the potato puree. There are some things like that you can do - or make the fun something different...play mini golf; do a movie after you eat? BBQ using chicken breast with a little OO and not the bbq sauce. The key to staying on this - is finding a way to find a way - if that makes sense. You have to be able to live ...and I don't believe that means staying away from everything that makes you happy.
you can do it!

rainbowsmiles 06-22-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaypix (Post 4380396)
Thanks vet, kind of made me tear up a little bit...in a good way of course! :hug: I cannot remember the last time I was in the 160's aside from when I was in California...at least DH told me I didn't get this thin on WW and that was August 2008...moved home from California in April 2007...I love how I look right now, and can't wait to see where I am in 10, 15, 20 pounds...and if I hold my loss this whole weekend, I get another bead on Monday, 5 beads for my charm bracelet :)
2005 ... my "bridal shower" more than a month after my wedding, because I eloped...https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...915_9432_n.jpg

And my all-time-ever favorite picture of myself...June 2006, had been married a year, drove home with DH for our one year reception (since we didn't have a wedding, just a courthouse)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...1915_250_n.jpg

I want to look like THAT again :) Freckles are standing out from all the outdoor riding I did in San Diego...and my arms were like, ripped!

0hhhmy goodness you are SO GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love that photo of u in the wedding dress!!!

wuv2bloved 06-22-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anitamarlene (Post 4380382)

Enjoy your DH home for the weekend, that doesn't mean you have to eat. Enjoy him being home and spend time with him. He is supportive of you then he will understand and support you. Make this about YOU, make smart choices, its NOT about the food but the company! You can have GRILLED meat just not the BBQ sauce unless its WF which is yummy by the way. Breakfast you can still have a veggie omelet or something like that. I agree with the drinking around the fire with water and MIO in it. ONLY YOU would know the difference. You can figure this out IF you want it bad enough. I know he is proud of you for doing this just as much as you are proud of yourself. BE STRONG, its what he would want you to do. Like I said ANYTHING is possible IF you put your mind to it....ENJOY HIM....don't focus of the food but the TIME he is home :)

My guy was home for 4 days after being gone for 4 weeks, we grilled the first night, steaks and veggies, second night I cooked a big pot of chicken and sausage gumbo with potato salad. I ate the juice of the gumbo with chicken pieces shredded in it with cauliflower rice. Third night I cooked them lasagna with fresh green beans, I ate a big mac bowl. Fourth night was left overs....lol...I made it about me but enjoyed my time with him cooking what he likes to eat. It didn't bother me at all because I have the right mind set that nothing will come between me and my goal :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynnie63 (Post 4380390)
For my WI on Wednesday I "only" lost 1.8, it was 1.6 the week before that. My losses have been low for IP - in the 2# range, with 1 4.8# thrown in there. I go to see the endocrinologist on Wednesday, I'm curious to see what he says. I'm going to see if he'll up my Syntrhroid dosage.

I've been 100% OP. I've tried eating my usual 2 heads of lettuce a day, only 1 head of lettuce a day. Just a few restricteds, or no restricteds. The week I lost 4 pounds I didn't do anything different than I do any other week.

I've moved my breakfast to 7ish (which is when I get to work), instead of 8. I get hungry around 10 - 10:30 so I have 2 egg whites. I drink 20+ glasses of water each day, so that's not it.

I'm going to try an experiment this week - I know there are many people on this board who have a restricted item every day and have bigger losses than I do, so this week that's what I'm going to do.

My coach is new and said that the restricted items are ok for at night , but I think I'm going to limit them to breakfast or lunch - that seems to be the consensus around here.

I have always had my restricted for breakfast because it has more calories and protein for me to burn and it starts me off on the right foot. I have all day to burn that off, it has worked for me for the past 15 months. Sometimes you have to play around and see what works for you :)my average over the last 59 weeks is 2.89lbs. Some weeks I have NO losses but I just hang in there cuz I know its my body adjusting to my losses.