3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 6/22/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261497-ip-daily-chat-friday-6-22-12-a.html)

greeniris 06-22-2012 09:21 AM

Good morning! It's beautiful here in northern Michigan this morning. Got up early and went for a walk (little over a mile) before getting ready for work. Had a rough night, pain in my legs/feet was pretty bad again. At least it's happening less & less frequently now. I think the walk this morn helped some.

I'm so glad the stifling heat/humidity moved east of us a couple days ago - mid to high 90s and 80% humidity - just can't handle it! It's still pretty humid though. Normal for here. My older son lives in Tulsa area and keeps saying we should move there, but neither my VIP nor I would be able to handle the summer weather. Otherwise, I would seriously consider it.

Tomorrow will see lots of family I haven't seen since beginning IP. Wonder if they will notice the change in me. And, my 6 yr old granddaughter that lives in Louisianna is here for the summer, so will see her too! Am super excited about that!!!! Will take my own food for lunch & supper, as will attend my niece's high school graduation openhouse and am pretty sure my sis won't have much on hand that I'll be able to have.

Cadu - gotta love kids' candor!

Beanie - sure hope you get your cats back.

Wuv - so proud of you and all your accomplishments!

Good luck to everyone that has WIs today or tomorrow. Have a wonderful weekend to all!

rainbowsmiles 06-22-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss (Post 4379727)
OK, I have a big problem. After 3 weeks on the plan with no craving I decided to make the lemon meringue cookies on another thread. They weren't very good, I think I messed up. So I dumped them.

But now, for the first time in 3 weeks I am craving sweets. That little, very yucky, cookie has left a void that wants to be filled with bakery confections and things dripping in hot grease.

How do I turn these cravings off again?

i'm so sorry i posted that recipe and made your cravings kick in, but just focus on how well you've done and keep your eye on the goal...you can do this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommameccage (Post 4379761)
I just love reading about everyone's losses this week. Today was weigh in #3 for me and I am down 11.2 pounds! I hope it keeps coming off!

woot woot!! way to go!!:carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4379763)
I'd do what Longhron suggests for sure!! Nothing like looking at fat pictures to keep you going in the right direction! There's a lot of before and after pictures in the goal thread on the main 3fc page. That's helpful too!! I also like to get my arse outside and ride my bike!!! Endorphins are wonderful!!! Hang in there, this feeling will pass and you will be so proud of yourself!!

thats right :bike2: wooohooo!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy (Post 4379793)
I have to admit, I struggle with this daily...was always a grazer. I work in the oilfield, and you dont get coffee breaks or lunch breaks and we work 12hr days normally, 30-60 days straight without days off...Over the past 10 yrs you learn to eat when you have a momentary break, or are driving from one location to another, this made you eat even if you werent hungry because it was likely the only time you would get for many hours. This later translated into my home habits as well, walk past the pantry or fridge and grab something just because it was there. The temptations are always there, and are always a fight for me...But I am slowly conqureing them...

But like the others said, the easiest way is to stay busy, I just took the dog for a walk, and yes tea has really helped me as well. I drink it hot and cold. The wife and kids had 2 pizzas tonight, and they are still on the stove, and I have walked past them at least 10x tonight and resisted...kind of torture haha

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am in awe of your determination!!! keep being LONGHORN THE CONQUEROR!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4379798)
Yup same here I still order pizza for the kids almost every week. The toughest for me was Cherieos a few weeks ago. Followed by hand carrying a soft serve ice cream for my daughter a few days ago.

WHAT????????:dizzy: omg!!! i don't even think i could have managed that!!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot::cb::broc:
WELL DONE DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

staceyjblack 06-22-2012 09:23 AM

I posted this in maintainers but thought I might get more eyes here...

I am in maintainence and I generally had a really good day yesterday. My p3 breakfast spread out through the morning, a "sandwich" (turkey and swiss between two pieces of romaine) and veggies, and my grilled chicken w zucchini for dinner.

However... somewhere in the afternoon I decided to bake cupcakes and I had several licks of the spoon. Do we think this qualifies me for a phase 1 day today? Or do I have a really balanced day today?

Thanks for the help everyone!!!

Darralyn 06-22-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4379899)
18 pounds to goal Chloe. You are getting there my friend :)

Good Morning Everybody

No big plans today.. yaaaay. I can catch up on housework and tv. My sis in law and my nephew came over for A swim early yesterday afternoon and stayed till 8:30 last night. A swim turned into many swims. It's funny, even though I didnt do anything strenuous (just sit around in the heat and float in the pool) I am exhausted. I did have a NSV though. My 9 year old nephew said
"Cadu, (that is my real life nickname) you're not fat anymore". He is very to the point lol

Have a wonderful day everybody and think skinny thoughts :)

Oh what a sweet thing to hear!! My grandson said I wasn't fat anymore, too. He's four. You are looking great Carol; I am so happy for you! Hope you enjoy your kick back day!! :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4379878)
Good morning everyone, Had to wake up to go to the wonderful releasing of fat happy place so I started the thread at 4am.....lol...AND had to find directions on google for the BF, he was lost.....lmao....nothing like having to find directions almost busting at the seams....LMAO....but I found it and let a couple of liters of fat out....lol...so I am going back to bed now....WOW....I am in too good of a mood at 4am....hopefully when I wake up again I will still be in this mood......lol

You are so funny!! Thanks for starting the thread and starting us off laughing!! :lol::rofl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy (Post 4379913)
Good Morning! Exciting day for me after I was furious last night. When I separated from my ex 2 years ago I took custody of my daughter, but my 2 cats stayed with him in the house. He is in the process of moving (into MY neighborhood!!! Different topic for anger issues...) and last night I asked him about the kitties. He took them to the SPCA!!! Didn't even tell me! Jerk! I checked their website and they are up for adoption. I will call today and get them back. Can't wait to get them back - I've really missed them. Hope they are okay and that they get readjusted to living with me at my new house.

Continuing to stay OP after last week's travel wasn't exactly OP but as close as possible when you are at a convention center for a week.

Have a happy Friday!

I am really glad you divorced the vengeful jerk!! That was downright cruel not only to you, but to your daughter as well. Some people!!! :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakin (Post 4379914)
Good morning my IP family!

Like Cadu, I don't have anything specific that needs to get done today, so I hope to get a lot of little things done. I think I'll start with mowing the lawn, just as soon as the dew dries.
I also want to hit a farmers market.... just love fresh veggies!
Wishing everyone great weigh in's and a great OP day.

Have a really fun day!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorfinn (Post 4379916)
Argh....have to spend the day training a new employee. I'd rather be boating!

Me too!! Have a fun day anyway!
Quote:

Originally Posted by KBig (Post 4379973)
IPeeps!!!!

WI# 11 tomorrow.

Ive been on my grind this week... more water less restrictives. 3-4lbs tomorrow.

Wishing my losers the best ...

keep it won'hunnid

You keep up the great job and good luck on that WI!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by reneepw (Post 4379974)
Good morning everyone,
Beanie- that's awful. Pets are like children. I have 2 sons (human) and 2 daughters (cats). Sometimes the girls are better behaved than the boys :) What a jerk for doing that. Hope you find calm today.

Cadu-that's funny. You look terrific. And I know what you mean - sometimes I'm more tired on days that I work at home and barely move from my desk.

Tonight I'll be working at our church summer festival. Must resist funnel cake and ice cream! They give the volunteers food vouchers but I know there's really nothing there I can eat so I'll have provisions with me and will get food for my younger son. Older son is working at the ice cream booth - i won't be visiting him! I hope the rain holds off too.

Have a great day.
Back to work for me!
Renee

Good luck to you at that festival!! Sounds like you've planned well!! :hug:
Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4379993)
Good morning from sunny Saskatchewan! Just got home for a short 10 k bike ride, sitting on the deck in the sun, listening to the birds sing, and sipping my shake. What an awesome way to start the day!! I have a busy day at work, have to squeeze in some volunteering at my sons school over the noon hour, and get some dainties over to a fundraiser event that's later tonight. Busy day! Hope everyone has an awesome OP day!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day today also, my friend!!! :hug:

newmom7611 06-22-2012 09:37 AM

stacey-- i've already started asking my coach about phase 4, since it's only a little over a week away... something like that doesn't require a phase one day.. he said minor "slip ups" won't hurt you too bad as long as they don't become frequent. for example, if you had your cheat day on saturday and you have a birthday party to go to on tuesday and have a slice of cake... as long as the rest of your week was balanced, you can enjoy the -every once in a while- treat without consequence. also, he said really stay true to the phase one day. make it immediate following the cheat day (it's MOST effective then) and do it to the "T." (i.e. select veggies and portioning carefully).. i'm sure you know all of this already but i just wanted to reiterate. you're doing great, girl! come visit sometimes.. i'd love to keep in touch since i feel like you're my phase buddy haha

Kaypix 06-22-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

My 9 year old nephew said
"Cadu, (that is my real life nickname) you're not fat anymore". He is very to the point lol

Quote:

Good Morning! Exciting day for me after I was furious last night. When I separated from my ex 2 years ago I took custody of my daughter, but my 2 cats stayed with him in the house. He is in the process of moving (into MY neighborhood!!! Different topic for anger issues...) and last night I asked him about the kitties. He took them to the SPCA!!! Didn't even tell me! Jerk! I checked their website and they are up for adoption. I will call today and get them back. Can't wait to get them back - I've really missed them. Hope they are okay and that they get readjusted to living with me at my new house.

A) Your ex sucks
B) Your kitties will be soooo happy to be home with you again!!! I can just imagine if he didn't have a problem dropping them at a shelter that they got a lot of TLC from "dad"
C) Have I mentioned this week that you look FABULOUS?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakin (Post 4379914)
I think I'll start with mowing the lawn, just as soon as the dew dries.
I also want to hit a farmers market.... just love fresh veggies!

OMG I need to mow so badly but am so tied up with the bike, it's like a little jungle...although our cats appreciate it, they can "stalk" through the grass right now lmao...and farmers market, om nom nom !!! I discovered ours two weeks ago and need to go back to get some more asparagus and garlic, man their food is G-O-O-D!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorfinn (Post 4379921)
My boy told me last night that he's going to miss my belly because he likes bouncing on it.

:) That's exceptionally sweet

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBig (Post 4379973)
IPeeps!!!!
WI# 11 tomorrow.
Ive been on my grind this week... more water less restrictives. 3-4lbs tomorrow.
keep it won'hunnid

KBig-Good luck at the weigh in tomorrow, I'm sure you'll kick tail :)

staceyjblack 06-22-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newmom7611 (Post 4380053)
stacey-- i've already started asking my coach about phase 4, since it's only a little over a week away... something like that doesn't require a phase one day.. he said minor "slip ups" won't hurt you too bad as long as they don't become frequent. for example, if you had your cheat day on saturday and you have a birthday party to go to on tuesday and have a slice of cake... as long as the rest of your week was balanced, you can enjoy the -every once in a while- treat without consequence. also, he said really stay true to the phase one day. make it immediate following the cheat day (it's MOST effective then) and do it to the "T." (i.e. select veggies and portioning carefully).. i'm sure you know all of this already but i just wanted to reiterate. you're doing great, girl! come visit sometimes.. i'd love to keep in touch since i feel like you're my phase buddy haha

Thanks so much!!! And of course i'm sticking around! I couldn't have done this with out you al and I'll be passing the torch for sure.

rainbowsmiles 06-22-2012 09:39 AM

good BEAUTIFUL CAROLINA MORNING:D just got back from my 7.5 mile ride WHOOOP WHOOOP :bike2: i was thinking of ya mompattie!!!:hug:

Quote:

A swim turned into many swims. It's funny, even though I didnt do anything strenuous (just sit around in the heat and float in the pool) I am exhausted.

i know right!!! i always like "workouts" like that....that are just FUN and you don't even realize you've worked out until you try getting out of bed the next morning!! haha

Quote:

Good Morning! Exciting day for me after I was furious last night. When I separated from my ex 2 years ago I took custody of my daughter, but my 2 cats stayed with him in the house. He is in the process of moving (into MY neighborhood!!! Different topic for anger issues...) and last night I asked him about the kitties. He took them to the SPCA!!! Didn't even tell me! Jerk! I checked their website and they are up for adoption. I will call today and get them back. Can't wait to get them back - I've really missed them. Hope they are okay and that they get readjusted to living with me at my new house. !

WOW!!! i know you must be truly pissed....some people!! i do hope you get your cats back and i'm sure they will be glad to get YOU back!! as for the ex in the same neighborhood....im thinking a dozen eggs and a door....but then thats a very very naughty thought....bad girl!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4379993)
Good morning from sunny Saskatchewan! Just got home for a short 10 k bike ride, sitting on the deck in the sun, listening to the birds sing, and sipping my shake. What an awesome way to start the day!! I have a busy day at work, have to squeeze in some volunteering at my sons school over the noon hour, and get some dainties over to a fundraiser event that's later tonight. Busy day! Hope everyone has an awesome OP day!!!

:bike: :bike2: gf i was riding with ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE GOT THIS!!! drink your water!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeniris (Post 4380031)
Good morning! Had a rough night, pain in my legs/feet was pretty bad again. At least it's happening less & less frequently now. I think the walk this morn helped some.

i was getting cramps in my legs at night and i started wearing a night splint and it really helps!!!! its one i had when i was dealing with Plantar fasciitis...and i notice, when i am about to get a charlie horse, which i dread...and they put me in tears most of the time...it was when my foot was relaxing....and just as soon as i noticed that sensation, if i could immediately draw my toes up in a dorsiflexion i could prevent a full on charlie horse so wearing the splint at night keeps my foot flexed in the right position. i don't wear it every night, just occasionally. but it helps :) and i'm all about avoiding pain!!! :o <~~~ wimp in that department!!!

Kaypix 06-22-2012 09:40 AM

I'm here, at work, it's an early day, been here half an hour already, it's gonna be an early out day though with any luck...assuming our boss lets me and DH head out early...waiting for the mailman again today, yesterday got one part in from Europe, just not the one we needed to wire the WHOLE bike up and be done with this god forsaken project! Hoping it comes today...and some powdercoating we got done about an hour from here, the guy mailed it Tuesday and it still isn't here, so weird, it's literally less than an hour from our door to his, usually it's 2 days, max :(

Well, I'm off to call Sweden (next month's cell bill is gonna SUCK) and find out if those master cylinders got held up in customs *sigh*

Keep it OP today everyone, enjoy your sunshine and sending the whoosh fairy on her daily rounds to make it to everyone!

DanafromAustin 06-22-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Good Morning Everybody

No big plans today.. yaaaay. I can catch up on housework and tv. My sis in law and my nephew came over for A swim early yesterday afternoon and stayed till 8:30 last night. A swim turned into many swims. It's funny, even though I didnt do anything strenuous (just sit around in the heat and float in the pool) I am exhausted. I did have a NSV though. My 9 year old nephew said

I loved the comment from your nephew. My nephew also made my favorite to date compliment to me this week. Kids are always the most sincere, gotta love their honesty.

Busy day here again getting ready for my next trip. I hope everyone has a great 100% OP day.

Ravenswood2012 06-22-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Continuing to stay OP after last week's travel wasn't exactly OP but as close as possible when you are at a convention center for a week.

Have a happy Friday!

What an awful thing to do. Pets ARE family!! I hope you get them back soon, please keep us posted!!! Good Luck :)

rvingprincess 06-22-2012 09:51 AM

I almost had a cheat yesterday, I had an ice cream cone in my hand (you know the kind with peanuts & chocolate on top we used to call them nuddy buddys for anyone in my generation), I started to unwrap it, oh it was so hot yesterday and the ice cream was so cold, but I caught myself in time wrapped it back up and put it back in the freezer (I don't keep these at home, this was at work). I feel so proud of myself, I found the will power in the end. The last couple of nights I have walked 3 miles on my treadmill (it was just too hot to walk outside) stepped on my scale this morning (it is okay I don't stress out if it goes up) and I am down -2.4 lbs. since my WI on Wed. evening and I would have spoiled all that effort for what!!! 3 minutes of pleasure. Not worth it. Today I have a work function to attend, they usually don't have much for me to eat but I think they will have some chicken and salad so that will be my lunch, plus the veggies that I bought with me, and for supper I will have my shake and veggies (just switch up my lunch & supper). Just want to wish everyone a great OP weekend.

Keep on truckin

Caren

Just noticed my ticker, getting close to the 160's can't wait, & 1 more lb. & I can add another cheerleader!!!

:dust:

evepet 06-22-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Good Morning Everybody

We can always count on kids to say what's on their mind! LOL.

Quote:

Have a happy Friday!

Geesh, what a mean thing to do! I mean.. how much effort would it have taken him to ASK YOU if you would take the cats back to live at your home?? Hope you get them back ok. And I'm sure they'll be relieved and so grateful to be back with you and your daughter.

-------------------

The heat wave has broken, and after a thunder storm early last evening we now have much less humidity and more normal summer temps in my area. Woke up to a perfect summer day in fact. Hard not to be in a great mood on such a nice day. :)

Nothing major happening here today. Just 'doing my IP thing' and staying on track.

Have a great OP day everyone, and enjoy your day.

evepet 06-22-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvingprincess (Post 4380078)
I almost had a cheat yesterday, I had an ice cream cone in my hand (you know the kind with peanuts & chocolate on top we used to call them nuddy buddys for anyone in my generation), I started to unwrap it, oh it was so hot yesterday and the ice cream was so cold, but I caught myself in time wrapped it back up and put it back in the freezer (I don't keep these at home, this was at work). I feel so proud of myself, I found the will power in the end. The last couple of nights I have walked 3 miles on my treadmill (it was just too hot to walk outside) stepped on my scale this morning (it is okay I don't stress out if it goes up) and I am down -2.4 lbs. since my WI on Wed. evening and I would have spoiled all that effort for what!!! 3 minutes of pleasure. Not worth it. Today I have a work function to attend, they usually don't have much for me to eat but I think they will have some chicken and salad so that will be my lunch, plus the veggies that I bought with me, and for supper I will have my shake and veggies (just switch up my lunch & supper). Just want to wish everyone a great OP weekend.

Keep on truckin

Caren

:dust:

Speaking of ice cream...you might be interested in what I've started using as an 'alternative ice cream'. I freeze a RTD protein shake overnight. Remove it mid afternoon and put it in the refrigerator. When you're ready to eat it, remove it from the carton, cut it into chunks and put them all in a Ninja blender. Pulse gently - just a few pulses will do it - until it forms more of a ice cream or sorbet consistency. This is satisfying my taste for ice cream right now, and has become my favorite before bed protein snack.

usmcvet 06-22-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorfinn (Post 4379921)
:lol3:

My boy told me last night that he's going to miss my belly because he likes bouncing on it.

tell him abs have more spring like a trampoline and he will like it more. He just wants to be with you Daddy! Let him know it won't change anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4380032)
i'm so sorry i posted that recipe and made your cravings kick in, but just focus on how well you've done and keep your eye on the goal...you can do this.

woot woot!! way to go!!:carrot:

thats right :bike2: wooohooo!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am in awe of your determination!!! keep being LONGHORN THE CONQUEROR!! :D

WHAT????????:dizzy: omg!!! i don't even think i could have managed that!!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot::cb::broc:
WELL DONE DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah good thing I was driving less than a 1/2 mile. :carrot: