Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #91  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
I remember being so impatient for the weeks to go by so I could see some significant weight loss but the time was going by so slowly, it was almost torture. I couldn't wait for my 1 week WI, then I couldn't wait for my 1 month WI
Huh, funny, I feel the EXACT same way Week one took 47 days according to my brain...funny how the calendar lied and said it was a measly 7 days, psch...I think as long as I'm 100% I'm going to be craving the look on that scale's "face" when I get to see the weight I dropped.

On a side note, we should have motivational scales. Losing weight, have it track where you are and pop up with encouraging phrases "Doing great!" , "keep it going!" ETc.... just a thought

For me, my day is crawling by. Last day of the semester, some grading to do, and my full time job is irking me today so I'm all "Meh" and such...going to try and make the turnip chips tonight...here's hopin Found a recipe online for them, doesn't use anything bad for me, very minimal. Going to make tiny batches so I can experiment and make one that works, then it'll be an epic veggie treat for while I'm watching tv!
Old 05-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #92  

Height: 5'7"

I'm having such a great day . I was able to make progress in my exercise program this morning, I enjoyed an all time favorite brekkie this morning (yep, Ph 3, Day 5), yesterday I had a really great visit with my "he's all grown up now" stepson....things are just on an up note and I'm happy in my heart.

On the hunt to buy jar of PB2 locally but I'm running out of possibilities. I did find another brand of powdered PB but... And no, we don't have a TJs..bummer.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #93  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Ok 3sisters.. I now know that I definetley do not like mushrooms. HA HA HA. it is the texture that gets me. Thanks for the idea though it really did look very delish. And my DH was happy to take them off my hands. He hasnt had shrooms in a long time cause if I dont like them... I dont cook them...
Old 05-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #94  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Hi all! Just a quick pop in to say hello! Things have been so busy lately I haven't had much time to do anything!

Big day today - it's two months exactly since I started IP and when I weighed myself this morning I'm down 50.0 lbs. Insane! Now my first weigh in was at night with clothes and today's was this morning without but still - to see that number, right down to the .1 of a lb, was super cool. Yahooo!

Weigh in number 9 tomorrow night and I'm hoping the number sticks!

Thanks again for all the wonderful support these past two months!
Ahh, that's wonderful IPdivajen - you've done so well. Congratulations! And here's to the next 50 pounds that 'hits the road'.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #95  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I just had to share a little laugh...My son came with me to the grocery store where we bought some berry Mio for the first time. My five year old wanted to try it, so I squirted some into his water bottle. "Wow," he said. "This purple looks magical! I think I'll turn into a purple boy unicorn!....with lots of swords!"
Thanks, IP! I needed a laugh!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soootiff View Post
I'm SO sore today after doing Body Pum (weight lifting class) at the gym last night! Sore is good though! I think I'll back off of the class a bit or just do once a week for a bit. I need to think about it more. I want some muscle in my arms, etc. for summer, but I'm not sure that the class is the right approach right now.

Other than that, feeling very positive today and continue to stay OP.

I'm meeting my sister for lunch today and giving her a gift, which is a poem that requests her to be my matron of honor in my wedding. So excited to give it to her!

Hope everyone has a great, OP day!
If you have been exercising regularly before ip I would encourage you to continue. You might notice a little more soreness for the first week or so, but it will resolve.

If you already have a good fitness level it seems a shame to let it go.

Exercise dies not help eith weight loss, but it does help with tone and stress relief.

I exercised my entire time on ip. Intensely. It may have slowed my losses a bit, but at the end I was toned and fit! Just make sure you have enough water and salt to avoid fatigue and cramping!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
The one I'm talking about does not have noodles. It's more like a cream of chicken soup. But thank you for all the help, I'll keep these in mind.
Add mashed cauliflower, curry powder and chili powder. Delicious and no weird after taste
Old 05-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #98  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Mlucas.. love your new pic
O thank you! It's so silly I was shocked that i didnt look like Jaba the Hut, and was actually proud of how i'm looking! I apprieciate the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Mlucas, I made a pho of sorts with them, so yummy and felt super indulgent! Shrimp, bok choy, mushrooms, fresh ginger, mmmmm!
OMG I love Pho! Out here in ND they dont even know what it is! SO luckly i know how to make it.. but it just isnt the same! Love Pho! My fiance and I, i think we fell in love over Pho! lol But seriously... they are the perfect noodle for it... i like them way better than the rice noodle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I'm happy to hear you are getting such great responses and support from family and friends. This clothes issue can get pretty expensive for sure. I've given away SO many clothes as it seems for me about every 20 pounds I loose it's down another size. Since I don't work outside of the house I can keep my wardrobe very simple. I only buy the bare minimum when I go down to the next size. I also buy as cheap as I can, which generally isn't me. I stick to the outlet stores for now till I hit goal. I hear you on the shoe issue too. Like my husband always likes to tell me, "Women will buy shoes to keep other women from having them."
OMG that is hillarious! My fiance always walks by my shoe closet and flips them off! lol He hates my shoes! Probably cus when i wear them i tower over him.. but I dont care.. it's love! LOL But i'm with you.. i love fashion, and have always spent so much money on my clothes.. so I'm just gona have to break down and start buying cheap and making it work... i have even contimplated Walmart clothes. I'm not trying to sound snotty, but they are cheap and I dont plan on having them forever so i wont feel as bad when i have to give them away!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #99  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Happy May Day Everybody.
I cant believe it is May already, The summer is right around the corner now.
I started this program on Feb. 16 I remember being so impatient for the weeks to go by so I could see some significant weight loss but the time was going by so slowly, it was almost torture. I couldn't wait for my 1 week WI, then I couldn't wait for my 1 month WI, now here it is almost 3 months on plan and almost 40 pounds later (I am hoping to hit 40 tomorrow at WI) and all I can say is WOW that time flew by. So to all my IP friends just starting out, don't torture yourself.. before you know it, months will have gone by, just get through each day.

I hope everyone has a great day
you are doing so good
Old 05-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #100  

Did tenneils? Ever come back??
Old 05-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #101  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3girls63 View Post
Miracle noodles were mentioned in an earlier post. What are those? Where can I buy them? Thanks All!
I think they (or something just like them) is available at the Health Foods Unlimited store by the Dayton Mall. In the refrigerated section on the back wall if I remember correctly.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #102  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

I noticed from the testimonials part of the IP site that there seems to be more South Dakota based testimonials than from anywhere else. I bet Hyvee has gotten a lot of requests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
So I live in South Dakota, and I hear about people ordering Walden Farm products all the time and such, getting them from diabetic wholesale etc. ...
turns out my grocery store, HyVee, sells the single serve packets in a 6 pack! Thrilled!!!

Had to post, sorry, just found the jackpot of Walden Farm products and I'm having a hard time getting over it.

AND my sister in law is letting me borrow her mandalin (?) veggie slicer, so tonight I'm going to experiment making turnip chips...if it works I'll let ya'll know
Old 05-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #103  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Well it's been an interesting morning for sure. I went for my weigh in this morning to talk to my coach about going to phase 3 for two weeks to shake things up as my weight loss has really slowed down and no weight loss according to my scale at all this week. I just really felt after 7 months of being 100% OP and having lost just about 85 pounds, that my body needed waking up again.

She was not crazy about the idea because she is worried that I won't be able to get back to phase 1 in two weeks. She did weigh me and sure enough no weight loss on her scale either. However she did measure my lean muscle and body fat, and I gained 2 pounds in muscle and lost 1 pound of body fat, which for me is a big deal because my body fat goes down VERY slowly. I also lost an inch. That was all good news, but I still have a gut feeling that I need to shake things up a bit to get the scale moving down again too. I also started doing the slow burn weight lifting technique at the gym this past week and I really think that will help get that body fat moving more also.

I did eat a phase 3 breakfast this morning, and I'm happy to say those foods weren't as wonderful as I remembered. I actually missed my morning bar. So, I'm doing this experiment for two weeks and hoping/praying that I'm right on what I think I need.
I say listen to your 6th sense. Man I can't wait to say I've lost 84#s. Awesome!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #104  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Ok 3sisters.. I now know that I definetley do not like mushrooms. HA HA HA. it is the texture that gets me. Thanks for the idea though it really did look very delish. And my DH was happy to take them off my hands. He hasnt had shrooms in a long time cause if I dont like them... I dont cook them...
Oh shoot! Sorry My sisters hate mushrooms too - say they taste like dirty rubberbands! But if you like mushrooms, it's awesome!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #105  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone, I haven't been on the site for a very long time but wanted to mention that Mio is now in Canada! I bought the 4 different flavors my walmart had. I am loving it. The mango peach is my favorite.
Closed Thread