Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #16  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I posted yesterday about a crazy reading on the Tanita scale at Ideal Protein. Basically the starting weigh in showed 75 lbs fat and a month later it showed 95 lbs fat. I recall that the problem was using the scale wearing hosiery. Whew!! I thought I was in serious health troubles for losing 40 lbs lean body mass but, I'm not! The scale reading was messed-up.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:17 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Good morning everyone!
Yesterday I switched up my daily veggies and found that the change did me good! I had peppers in addition to my celery mid morning and found I was less hungry by the end of the work day. Also, I feel thinner today - if that's possible.
Wishing everyone a great day OP!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyonadiet View Post
I had my second weigh in today, and lost 1.5 lbs, but it was my TOM last week, and my water weight went up by 2 pounds, and my muscle by 1 pound, so that is reassuring, I am glad I lost anything. In addition, I never measured my body, but can visually see the decrease in my arms. So I am still going strong! Good Luck Everyone! Have a Great May!!!! ))
Congrats Ladyonadiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audgirl78 View Post
Good morning! It's 2:30 am and I am checking in! I have just been up for an hour making breakfast and lunch for my hard working hubby. He's a truck driver that's home daily and in order for him never to gain back his 54 lbs he lost on IP, It's my job as his wife to make him his daily healthy meals. Today = 1/4 cup muesli and organic vanilla yogurt with 1/3 cup strawberries. He had a banana to take the edge off when he got up. Lunch is a tuna salad (made with honey mustard WF mayo and dill pickles with a high fiber tortilla with lettuce and tomato. He brings two balance bars with him as well as 2 33 ozs water bottles.

Now I get to check into all my things online, wind down and try to pull 3 more hours worth of sleep before getting up and taking care of me and my kid.

Hope you all are doing well this fine morning! TodayI WILL BE 100% OP!!

All for now!
Aud
What a great wife. Im sure he is glad to have you in his life. Good luck on your journey as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Happy May Day Everybody.
I cant believe it is May already, The summer is right around the corner now.
I started this program on Feb. 16 I remember being so impatient for the weeks to go by so I could see some significant weight loss but the time was going by so slowly, it was almost torture. I couldn't wait for my 1 week WI, then I couldn't wait for my 1 month WI, now here it is almost 3 months on plan and almost 40 pounds later (I am hoping to hit 40 tomorrow at WI) and all I can say is WOW that time flew by. So to all my IP friends just starting out, don't torture yourself.. before you know it, months will have gone by, just get through each day.

I hope everyone has a great day
Yes May came fast Cadu. Good luck you will reach that 40 without a doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody! I noticed the birds started chirping by 5:15 this morning...as time passes and the earth rotates...

Well, I fell asleep by 8 last night and woke up at 4. Crazy, but that's the way it goes. After pushing really hard this weekend, I couldn't seem to do squat yesterday, beyond a bunch of kitchen stuff, so today I really need to get back to work. Was hoping to have a garage sale this weekend, but forgot to get the ad to the paper in time, so it will have to be next weekend. Do-lists and post-it notes only work if you read them!

Hope everybody has a wonderful day !!!
Good morning Sewmam. Enjoy your day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning everyone!
Yesterday I switched up my daily veggies and found that the change did me good! I had peppers in addition to my celery mid morning and found I was less hungry by the end of the work day. Also, I feel thinner today - if that's possible.
Wishing everyone a great day OP!!!
Good Morning Dakin, I've been trying to switch mine as well. But I found that drinking a cup of tea mid morning stops my hunger and lately at lunch my appetite is gone.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Oh forgot to say Good Morning All. Its raining here but suppose to get up to the 80s we shall see. Hope everyone enjoys their day! 100%OP
Old 05-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

Awww, rain here. I got up early to go to the farmers market. Hope this weekend I can go if it cancels today.

Tomorrow is my three month anniversary on IP. I can not believe the changes in that time. Sometimes, it seems to be taking long and going slow. Then, I look at the calendar and realize all the changes in my body, health and life in just three months! I don't know that I could adapt to a faster rate of change!

NSV- my dog showing buddy told me her neighbor mentioned to her about how skinny her friend was getting. I guess it is noticable. My son complemented me yesterday too.

I think about how I am doing this for myself, but those encouraging words somehow really make me feel even better. I have to remember to pay that sort of thing forward and encourage people in their efforts!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by audgirl78 View Post
Good morning! It's 2:30 am and I am checking in! I have just been up for an hour making breakfast and lunch for my hard working hubby.
Aud
That's a lovely breakfast and lunch. I copied it into a word file I'm making for when I go into maintenance. Your husband is a lucky man!

Quote:
Happy May Day Everybody.
I started this program on Feb. 16 I remember being so impatient for the weeks to go by so I could see some significant weight loss but the time was going by so slowly, it was almost torture. I couldn't wait for my 1 week WI, then I couldn't wait for my 1 month WI, now here it is almost 3 months on plan and almost 40 pounds later (I am hoping to hit 40 tomorrow at WI) and all I can say is WOW that time flew by. So to all my IP friends just starting out, don't torture yourself.. before you know it, months will have gone by, just get through each day.

Cadu,
I had the same train of thought yesterday. I started this diet just 10 days before you and here it is, 3 months (12 weeks) later and I just had WI 12. BTW, down 2.8 pounds this week for a total of almost 28 pounds.

Interestingly (at least for me) is that this past week I didn't workout at all. I had surgery last Wednesday and have spent the past week with my feet up - in my favorite swivel rocker. I usually workout 5 X/week w/ 2 different personal trainers in addition to walking my 3 dogs. (Note I have been training for over a year before starting this and simply turned down intensity when starting IP - need to do this for my back, etc.) Also started phase 2 last week. I stayed 100% OP except I did have an extra choc shake 3-4 X last week as I heard that it would be better for me given anesthesia, recuperation, etc. For me, -2.8 pounds is a pretty big weight loss. I'm 55, menopausal. Yet, from body composition perspective, body fat went up 1.1% and skeletal muscle went down .8% this week. These are purely anecdotal observations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joplingrl View Post
Long night here stormed for about 2 hours, getting close to the first anniversary of the may 22 tornado
Joplingirl,
I am so sorry to hear you had to go through that and what you are feeling is perfectly natural. If possible, try to minimize the stress you are feeling but recognize you are still in the midst of a healing process over the huge loss that's still relatively recent. Be kind to and easy on yourself (and stay OP).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody! I noticed the birds started chirping by 5:15 this morning...as time passes and the earth rotates...

Was hoping to have a garage sale this weekend, but forgot to get the ad to the paper in time, so it will have to be next weekend.
Sewmam, Just think you will have a bigger garage sale next weekend, more out the door! There's a silver lining to everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
NSV......tucking in my shirt and wearing a belt. Sometimes it is the small things that make your day
How nice!! Way to go! Before you know it, you'll be doing what UCMSVet had to do and go get a couple new holes in that belt!!

Last edited by Chloe222; 05-01-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:57 AM   #22  
Started IP April 27, 2012

S/C/G: 146/146/130

Height: 5'3

Made it through our first official outing...but not without some fanfare. We had a big family dinner and before hand I told my SIL that DH and I were on a restricted diet and we would bring our own food. They were making chicken marsala and she said she would keep some plain chicken on the side for us so not to worry. When we arrived SIL said her DH would not serve us plain chicken so he marinated the chicken in balsamic and olive oil (he was trying so I will give him that!). Told her we were really sorry but we can't have balsamic and she said "what would a little balsamic do?". Told her we have invested way too much in the program to be set back 3-4 days. She told me her DH would be upset because apparently he doesn't understand all the diet stuff and it had been a bit of an issue when she was explaining it to him. I told her not to tell him because he really did try and I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I snuck out to the grocery store and bought plain chicken, came back with it hidden in my purse then offered to BBQ the chicken for him because he was so busy. I managed to BBQ some of his balsamic chicken for my MIL (gluten intolerant) along with my chicken and he never even noticed. Told him how delish his balsamic chicken was! Phew! A twinge of guilt lying to him but you have to do what you have to do!! Some people just won't get it! What's a little cheat? What's a little glass of wine? You can go back on tomorrow!...no thanks! I am very happy that I stuck to my guns!

Have a great day everyone!!! I am on day 5 today and finally have some energy and feel fantastic and very very excited about the next few weeks!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

chikata..i am on day 7! Had my first outing last night. Work travel so I was eating out with colleagues. Went to a brew pub. I don't drink beer anyway so that was easy. Had water. I ordered grilled salmon and they gave me extra steamed veggies in place of potatoes. I skipped the appetizers. You are right..do what ya gotta do. Btw I love your strength symbol!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:11 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
I posted yesterday about a crazy reading on the Tanita scale at Ideal Protein. Basically the starting weigh in showed 75 lbs fat and a month later it showed 95 lbs fat. I recall that the problem was using the scale wearing hosiery. Whew!! I thought I was in serious health troubles for losing 40 lbs lean body mass but, I'm not! The scale reading was messed-up.
I am so glad to hear this. Was wondering...Have a great day!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

GM IPeeps....

WI # 3 .... hoping to see a decent number .... shoot for 4lbs.
Wishing everyone weighing in .... great #'s !!!

keep it OP ...
Old 05-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #26  
MOM3GRL

S/C/G: 286/286/170

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Happy May Day Everybody.

Thanks Carol - I needed to hear this today. This is week 2 for me and while I feel good and I am sticking to the plan, I don't feel like I am being as successful this week as I was last week - BUT, it is only Tuesday and my WI is Saturday and I have 4 more days to go. I just need to keep doing what I am doing and stay the course. Miracles don't happen in two weeks and I did not put all this weight on in two weeks! You are so right - day by day. Thank you!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 179/142/144

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
NSV......tucking in my shirt and wearing a belt. Sometimes it is the small things that make your day
Have a great 100% OP Day!
I was so happy on the first day I could do that also. I finally had to go out and shop for new clothes last week because everything was too big! Way to go!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #28  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikara View Post
Made it through our first official outing...but not without some fanfare. We had a big family dinner and before hand I told my SIL that DH and I were on a restricted diet and we would bring our own food. They were making chicken marsala and she said she would keep some plain chicken on the side for us so not to worry. When we arrived SIL said her DH would not serve us plain chicken so he marinated the chicken in balsamic and olive oil (he was trying so I will give him that!). Told her we were really sorry but we can't have balsamic and she said "what would a little balsamic do?". Told her we have invested way too much in the program to be set back 3-4 days. She told me her DH would be upset because apparently he doesn't understand all the diet stuff and it had been a bit of an issue when she was explaining it to him. I told her not to tell him because he really did try and I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I snuck out to the grocery store and bought plain chicken, came back with it hidden in my purse then offered to BBQ the chicken for him because he was so busy. I managed to BBQ some of his balsamic chicken for my MIL (gluten intolerant) along with my chicken and he never even noticed. Told him how delish his balsamic chicken was! Phew! A twinge of guilt lying to him but you have to do what you have to do!! Some people just won't get it! What's a little cheat? What's a little glass of wine? You can go back on tomorrow!...no thanks! I am very happy that I stuck to my guns!

Have a great day everyone!!! I am on day 5 today and finally have some energy and feel fantastic and very very excited about the next few weeks!
I think you get the OP "extra credit" award for that one!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Hi and good morning everyone. Weigh in for me is going...slow. I've been the same weight for the past couple of days. I'm a little discouraged since I've been following the plan 100% but i'll keep pushing forward because I know i'm bound to start loosing again. I apologize for the noob question, but for the miracle noodles, i know that you need to respect the serving size, but does this replace one of your IP packets or can you eat one serving in addition to your normal IP packets/lean protein dinner? So for example you have your IP for breakfast, lunch and snack, plus one serving of miracle noodles with lunch or dinner? Something along those line.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #30  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
Hi and good morning everyone. Weigh in for me is going...slow. I've been the same weight for the past couple of days. I'm a little discouraged since I've been following the plan 100% but i'll keep pushing forward because I know i'm bound to start loosing again. I apologize for the noob question, but for the miracle noodles, i know that you need to respect the serving size, but does this replace one of your IP packets or can you eat one serving in addition to your normal IP packets/lean protein dinner? So for example you have your IP for breakfast, lunch and snack, plus one serving of miracle noodles with lunch or dinner? Something along those line.
Miracle Noodles are "free" and don't count toward your daily food intake. I have them evey now and then and they really fill me up. Usually I eat them at night with my dinner. I love spaghetti, so I brown some ground beef and make a Mariana sauce and serve that over the miracle noodles. However each pack contains two servings, so eat half a pack.

Last edited by SewingMomma; 05-01-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Closed Thread