Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Good morning everyone! Cadu, I was reflecting that today starts my second month and after one month down I can't remember when I didn't eat this way...I know everyone said it would get easier but those first few weeks that was hard to believe...now it seems like second nature. I made my own SF taco seasoning mix last night and did a taco salad with meat and veggies and it was delicious...I was thinking that would never have appealed to me before...I think my taste buds are starting to change...I have a lofty goal of hoping to see 20lbs lost at my WI on Saturday but even if I'm not quite there I can feel good knowing it will happen the next week. Have a great OP day everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
2) Is it normal for your stomach to growl? I'm still trying to get the hang of this whole thing (which I think is slightly complicated because my little guy just doesn't want to give up his last nursing session.) But my stomach growls regularly, from hunger--not from bowel issues. I don't want to accidently put myself into starvation mode! I appreciate any insight on this.
I thought it was hunger but a coach told me that it is often the stomach digesting the protein...that it can be quite noisy about it...I tried the digestive enzymes to see if that would help but really after the first few weeks I think my body had adjusted because it doesn't happen that much with or without them anymore.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Miracle Noodles are "free" and don't count toward your daily food intake. I have them evey now and then and they really fill me up. Usually I eat them at night with my dinner. I love spaghetti, so I brown some ground beef and make a Mariana sauce and serve that over the miracle noodles. However each pack contains two servings, so eat half a pack.
Mmmmm that sounds great! So eating them 2-3 times a week shouldn't impact your weight loss?
Old 05-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Good morning everyone!

Awww, rain here. I got up early to go to the farmers market. Hope this weekend I can go if it cancels today.

Tomorrow is my three month anniversary on IP. I can not believe the changes in that time. Sometimes, it seems to be taking long and going slow. Then, I look at the calendar and realize all the changes in my body, health and life in just three months! I don't know that I could adapt to a faster rate of change!

NSV- my dog showing buddy told me her neighbor mentioned to her about how skinny her friend was getting. I guess it is noticable. My son complemented me yesterday too.

I think about how I am doing this for myself, but those encouraging words somehow really make me feel even better. I have to remember to pay that sort of thing forward and encourage people in their efforts!
Isn't it nice when people start to notice your weight loss? Keep up the good work.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
I started this diet just 10 days before you and here it is, 3 months (12 weeks) later and I just had WI 12. BTW, down 2.8 pounds this week for a total of almost 28 pounds.
Chloe! Congrats on the 2.8lb loss!! That's great! You deserved to relax and it payed off!! Look at that ticker move, girl!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #35  
CkM

S/C/G: 175/155/130

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning! Day 5 for me! I have a quick question. I cooked dinner for my family last night and I made chicken breast. I cooked them on the stove with olive oil and sea salt an pepper. After I finished them I put sliced green pepper and white mushrooms in the left over olive oil and sauted them. Is this okay? It tasted too good so I just wanted to be sure.

Have a great OP day everyone!!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #36  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Good AM!

A few things...
1. I have kept this diet pretty much a secret, I really didnt want to advertise another failed diet by Michelle, so since I just moved and I dont see people from back home i'm pretty hush about it, especially over FB. My mom and 2 of my bridesmaids know but other than that... no one really knew. So since i've been video journaling daily and after watching the video i thougth i'd take a quick pic. after lookin at the pic i was like holy Shh... i dont look hidious! so i decided to come out of the closet and post on FB. I did not expect the response that I got! It was so over whelming and beautiful. I have amazing friends and the kind words were amazing! I didnt expect the attention it did get so, that was awesome!
2. I am running out of clothes to wear! I love it ... but I hate it LOL. I look like a bag lady... good thing.. i am really pulling off this BoHo look very well But still, i've been putting off shopping cus i want to save as much money as i can before we leave for vaca back to WA, but i may have to crack soon. Trying to hold out.. only 25 more days till we leave. It's such a double edge sword. I want to not be able to make the 25 days but i do cus i dont want to spend the money yet lol. I think I can hold out though since i'm going in to P3 in a week... so and lol

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #37  
CkM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
I posted yesterday about a crazy reading on the Tanita scale at Ideal Protein. Basically the starting weigh in showed 75 lbs fat and a month later it showed 95 lbs fat. I recall that the problem was using the scale wearing hosiery. Whew!! I thought I was in serious health troubles for losing 40 lbs lean body mass but, I'm not! The scale reading was messed-up.
Way to go!! You look amazing!!! Keep up the hard work!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #38  
CkM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
Good AM!

A few things...
1. I have kept this diet pretty much a secret, I really didnt want to advertise another failed diet by Michelle, so since I just moved and I dont see people from back home i'm pretty hush about it, especially over FB. My mom and 2 of my bridesmaids know but other than that... no one really knew. So since i've been video journaling daily and after watching the video i thougth i'd take a quick pic. after lookin at the pic i was like holy Shh... i dont look hidious! so i decided to come out of the closet and post on FB. I did not expect the response that I got! It was so over whelming and beautiful. I have amazing friends and the kind words were amazing! I didnt expect the attention it did get so, that was awesome!
2. I am running out of clothes to wear! I love it ... but I hate it LOL. I look like a bag lady... good thing.. i am really pulling off this BoHo look very well But still, i've been putting off shopping cus i want to save as much money as i can before we leave for vaca back to WA, but i may have to crack soon. Trying to hold out.. only 25 more days till we leave. It's such a double edge sword. I want to not be able to make the 25 days but i do cus i dont want to spend the money yet lol. I think I can hold out though since i'm going in to P3 in a week... so and lol

Have a great day everyone!
This is amazing news. I haven't had my first weigh in but I am anxious to see what it is! However, I am a chronic bargin shopper!! You don't want to update your whole wardwrobe right now but go and get a few pieces from Ross, or TJ Maxx. That way you can feel better about yourself and show off your weight loss this far! Plus every girl needs to spoil themselves every once in a while! Have a great trip!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #39  
Cindy

S/C/G: 216/184/160

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning everyone;
Just been lurking around reading everyone's successes and thinking...we have finally found the miracle program. I have never called it a diet as I believe it to be a lifestyle change. It's interesting how people don't understand the journey that we are on. They say things like...."Oh I can't give up my pasta or rice" and I would never last on.."no chocolate or chips". I am not sure about anybody else but I was a "chip monster", no bag of chips would ever get away from me. Now 11 weeks in and I don't even care if my DH is eating them...I don't even want them anymore. My coach is thinking that I will be on maintenance by the end of May and 11 weeks ago that didn't even seem possible. Good Luck on today's successess.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #40  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkM View Post
This is amazing news. I haven't had my first weigh in but I am anxious to see what it is! However, I am a chronic bargin shopper!! You don't want to update your whole wardwrobe right now but go and get a few pieces from Ross, or TJ Maxx. That way you can feel better about yourself and show off your weight loss this far! Plus every girl needs to spoil themselves every once in a while! Have a great trip!
You are so very right! I think I may just crack! My issue is that i have a serious weakness for shoes. It's almsot a sickness.. i have a stilleto/heal collection that can probably compete with a Kardasian lol so i have to go in focused on clothes.. not shoes! I might have to breing in reienforcements lol or wear blinders.. cus i will so spend my money on shoes and not get a single thing to wear! .... I'm a dork! lol But you have convinced me... i'm gona shop! (a little )
Old 05-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Default Back from Succesful Vacation

Just got back late last night from 8 days in the Caribbean, so beautiful! As planned, I was able to stay on plan, mixing in Phase 2 days throughout the week. Said no to rum punch, rum punch and more rum punch!
Weighed myself this morning and my weight stayed the same. I must admit, I am happy to be back home and to get back on Phase 2 and lose these last 15 pounds!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #42  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Happy May 1st everyone! Wow - May already. Unbelievable....
I'm trying to master the art of using the 'Multi Quote' button, so I can more personally address my fellow posters... hope I don't make too much of a smozzle of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Happy May Day Everybody.
I cant believe it is May already, The summer is right around the corner now.
I started this program on Feb. 16 I remember being so impatient for the weeks to go by so I could see some significant weight loss but the time was going by so slowly, it was almost torture. I couldn't wait for my 1 week WI, then I couldn't wait for my 1 month WI, now here it is almost 3 months on plan and almost 40 pounds later (I am hoping to hit 40 tomorrow at WI) and all I can say is WOW that time flew by. So to all my IP friends just starting out, don't torture yourself.. before you know it, months will have gone by, just get through each day. I hope everyone has a great day
Like the others, I somehow thought you'd been with the program for much longer than this as well. You've been so helpful and knowledgeable... and congrats on your results. I loved your post yesterday about your sister's flattering comments/looks. My sister too is most supportive (she's never had any weight-related issues, and worries about the health-related implications of my being too heavy).. and I'm grateful for that. Have a great day Cadu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyonadiet View Post
I had my second weigh in today, and lost 1.5 lbs, but it was my TOM last week, and my water weight went up by 2 pounds, and my muscle by 1 pound, so that is reassuring, I am glad I lost anything. In addition, I never measured my body, but can visually see the decrease in my arms. So I am still going strong! Good Luck Everyone! Have a Great May!!!! ))
I'm looking forward to seeing my arms 'shrink'. Keep going! And Happy May Day to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audgirl78 View Post
Good morning! It's 2:30 am and I am checking in! I have just been up for an Hope you all are doing well this fine morning! TodayI WILL BE 100% OP!!All for now!
Aud
Your hubby's menu sounds very tasty. Busy day for you, being up so early... hope you were able to get those 3 more hours of sleep in. Have a great 100% OP day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
Good morning all! Although, I haven't really gone to bed yet. I'm having trouble sleeping tonight, so I've been catching up here. Wow, this place is soooooooo full of inspiring stories and people! I was just reading one of the 100% threads. You all are amazing!

I need help with a couple of questions:

1) I cannot get any pictures to load. Every time I try, I get the message the the upload failed. Anyone got any ideas?

2) Is it normal for your stomach to growl? I'm still trying to get the hang of this whole thing (which I think is slightly complicated because my little guy just doesn't want to give up his last nursing session.) But my stomach growls regularly, from hunger--not from bowel issues. I don't want to accidently put myself into starvation mode! I appreciate any insight on this.
Like somebody else mentioned, I'm wondering if you need more nutrition while you're still nursing? I'd recommend discussing this with your coach (hopefully you have a good one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
NSV......tucking in my shirt and wearing a belt. Sometimes it is the small things that make your day
Have a great 100% OP Day!
Woo-hoo! That is a great NSV - being able to tuck in your shirt and wear a belt with confidence. I'm looking forward to those days myself. I'm an 'apple' ... so there have been no tucked shirts & belts for me for quite some time now. But it's happening... I can feel it. I'll proudly show off my new waist down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
I posted yesterday about a crazy reading on the Tanita scale at Ideal Protein. Basically the starting weigh in showed 75 lbs fat and a month later it showed 95 lbs fat. I recall that the problem was using the scale wearing hosiery. Whew!! I thought I was in serious health troubles for losing 40 lbs lean body mass but, I'm not! The scale reading was messed-up.
You know, your story makes me irritated for you. Maybe I'm being overly critical but shouldn't the IP clinic staff and your coach know to tell you to take your hosiery off? That whole situation obviously created a considerable amount of stress and frustration for you - which could and should have been avoided. Anyway - I'm glad that's all it was. And that you can rest easy. You're looking great BTW!! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning everyone!
Yesterday I switched up my daily veggies and found that the change did me good! I had peppers in addition to my celery mid morning and found I was less hungry by the end of the work day. Also, I feel thinner today - if that's possible.
Wishing everyone a great day OP!!!
Good idea. Now that I know all peppers are unrestricted, I'm going to incorporate them more generously in my meal planning. Thanks for the reminder. And isn't it great... to feel thinner! Sure gives a little lift to the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Oh forgot to say Good Morning All. Its raining here but suppose to get up to the 80s we shall see. Hope everyone enjoys their day! 100%OP
Good morning to you too, Prettyone. Have a great 100% OP day... I've been reading your posts, and admire your discipline and enthusiasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Good morning everyone!
Awww, rain here. I got up early to go to the farmers market. Hope this weekend I can go if it cancels today.

Tomorrow is my three month anniversary on IP. I can not believe the changes in that time. Sometimes, it seems to be taking long and going slow. Then, I look at the calendar and realize all the changes in my body, health and life in just three months! I don't know that I could adapt to a faster rate of change!

NSV- my dog showing buddy told me her neighbor mentioned to her about how skinny her friend was getting. I guess it is noticable. My son complemented me yesterday too.

I think about how I am doing this for myself, but those encouraging words somehow really make me feel even better. I have to remember to pay that sort of thing forward and encourage people in their efforts!
I totally agree with you... I'm about to begin my 6th week on my IP alternate products program, and it amazes me that this much time has already passed, and that I've stayed so true to the program. Maybe a couple of minor 'slips' but certainly no planned cheats or serious lapses. And I feel good about my ability to continue forward. I also agree with you comment about the importance of 'paying it forward'...everybody needs encouragement in this effort, and each of us has to step up and reach out to those newer ones joining the program and the forum. I love hearing how your acquaintances, family, and neighbors are noticing your weight loss... that must be such a thrill. I've (only) lost about 12 lbs as yet (61 and menopausal... may take a bit longer for me)... but I feel slimmer, and that's motivating. And the clothes are looser. Anyway - enjoyed your post - and wish you a happy 100% OP day.

[QUOTE=Chloe222;4315355]

Glad to hear your recovery from last week's surgery is going well Chloe. Hope you have a great day.

[QUOTE=Chikara;4315360][QUOTE]

My goodness... that was a challenge! You were very resourceful. Kudos to you for figuring out a way to make that situation work, and stay 100% OP. It is hard for people to understand why something as inocuous as a little balsmatic vinegar - or a few carrots - or a little parmesan cheese - is 'out of limits' for us. I'd say that little white lie was an acceptable compromise to your tricky situation. Have a great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
GM IPeeps....

WI # 3 .... hoping to see a decent number .... shoot for 4lbs.
Wishing everyone weighing in .... great #'s !!! keep it OP ...
Good luck with WI #3! Have yourself a great day too! 100% OP of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3girls63 View Post
I just need to keep doing what I am doing and stay the course. Miracles don't happen in two weeks and I did not put all this weight on in two weeks! You are so right - day by day. Thank you!
Thanks for those words of wisdom. I think that's going to have to be my mantra over the coming months, as I have a suspicion my weight loss is going to be slow, as I'm in menopause, etc. I keep reminding myself that I put it on over a period of years... and that at least each week I'm 100% OP I'm making progress in the right direction. It is definitely 'Day by Day'. Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
Hi and good morning everyone. Weigh in for me is going...slow. I've been the same weight for the past couple of days. I'm a little discouraged since I've been following the plan 100% but i'll keep pushing forward because I know i'm bound to start loosing again. I apologize for the noob question, but for the miracle noodles, i know that you need to respect the serving size, but does this replace one of your IP packets or can you eat one serving in addition to your normal IP packets/lean protein dinner? So for example you have your IP for breakfast, lunch and snack, plus one serving of miracle noodles with lunch or dinner? Something along those line.
I haven't yet turned into a miracle noodle fan - LOL - something about the texture - but I know it's 'in addition' to your normal IP packets/lean protein. As you said, pay attention to the serving size. Have a great day... and try not to get discouraged about the daily - or even weekly - progress... keep your eye on the long term goal. And also - stay off the scale! Checking your weight on a daily basis only leads to frustration and stress. It's strongly recommended not to weight yourself between your official WIs. Hide your scale.

I started a cleanse yesterday, and I think it must be the effects of that I'm noticing ... since yesterday afternoon, I've been feeling a little more tired than before, slightly upset tummy, slight headachiness... nothing drastic - just 'slight' symptoms. I guess it's the detoxing. So I'll remind myself to drink lots of water and plough through it. This too will pass.

Cheers to everyone here. Keep on trucking 100% OP and everyone have a great, healthy, happy day.

P.S. - I see I haven't quite mastered this 'multi quoting' feature... oh well - I'm learning - I always wondered how you all did that, and finally noticed someone's post about the 'multi quote' button last night! It sure is useful.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #43  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Cadu,
I had the same train of thought yesterday. I started this diet just 10 days before you and here it is, 3 months (12 weeks) later and I just had WI 12. BTW, down 2.8 pounds this week for a total of almost 28 pounds.

Interestingly (at least for me) is that this past week I didn't workout at all. I had surgery last Wednesday and have spent the past week with my feet up - in my favorite swivel rocker. I usually workout 5 X/week w/ 2 different personal trainers in addition to walking my 3 dogs. (Note I have been training for over a year before starting this and simply turned down intensity when starting IP - need to do this for my back, etc.) Also started phase 2 last week. I stayed 100% OP except I did have an extra choc shake 3-4 X last week as I heard that it would be better for me given anesthesia, recuperation, etc. For me, -2.8 pounds is a pretty big weight loss. I'm 55, menopausal. Yet, from body composition perspective, body fat went up 1.1% and skeletal muscle went down .8% this week. These are purely anecdotal observations.
WHOOOO HOOOOOO on the 2.8 Chloe!!!!
So, you had a better weight loss without working out & adding more food in ????? that goes against all logic I have ever learned about losing weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikara View Post
Made it through our first official outing...but not without some fanfare.
LOL this made me laugh that you had to sneak your own chicken on the grill but good for you for going the extra mile to stay OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
GM IPeeps....

WI # 3 .... hoping to see a decent number .... shoot for 4lbs.
Wishing everyone weighing in .... great #'s !!!

keep it OP ...
Good luck today Kbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3girls63 View Post
Thanks Carol - I needed to hear this today. This is week 2 for me and while I feel good and I am sticking to the plan, I don't feel like I am being as successful this week as I was last week - BUT, it is only Tuesday and my WI is Saturday and I have 4 more days to go. I just need to keep doing what I am doing and stay the course. Miracles don't happen in two weeks and I did not put all this weight on in two weeks! You are so right - day by day. Thank you!
Hang with it, the weight does come off, sometimes it seems like it waits till the night before weigh in then WHOOSH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
Hi and good morning everyone. Weigh in for me is going...slow. I've been the same weight for the past couple of days. I'm a little discouraged since I've been following the plan 100% but i'll keep pushing forward because I know i'm bound to start loosing again. I apologize for the noob question, but for the miracle noodles, i know that you need to respect the serving size, but does this replace one of your IP packets or can you eat one serving in addition to your normal IP packets/lean protein dinner? So for example you have your IP for breakfast, lunch and snack, plus one serving of miracle noodles with lunch or dinner? Something along those line.
try not to weigh everyday if you are getting discouraged with the numbers, they will fluctuate daily. and as sewingmama said miracle noodles are a bonus food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
Good morning everyone! Cadu, I was reflecting that today starts my second month and after one month down I can't remember when I didn't eat this way...
It's great aint it!! I hope you hit the 20!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkM View Post
Good Morning! Day 5 for me! I have a quick question. I cooked dinner for my family last night and I made chicken breast. I cooked them on the stove with olive oil and sea salt an pepper. After I finished them I put sliced green pepper and white mushrooms in the left over olive oil and sauted them. Is this okay? It tasted too good so I just wanted to be sure.

Have a great OP day everyone!!
I dont see why it would be a problem as long as there wasnt a ton of oil.

I went shopping this morning and I picked up big portabella mushrooms to use as hamburger buns.. thanks to 3sisters post & the delish looking picture and Molly's description of the texture. I am hoping that my taste buds have changed and I like them now. we will see.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #44  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning all!
My DH has bronchitis - really bad over the weekend, even ran a fever, and I think he passed his germs on to me - ack!
Starting with the cough, feeling crummy.
My WI is tomorrow - has anyone had experience being "sick" on IP and how that affects losses? I'm really hoping to break in to the 260s tomorrow...
Have a great OP day, everyone!!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

[QUOTE=evepet;4315601]Good morning to you too, Prettyone. Have a great 100% OP day... I've been reading your posts, and admire your discipline and enthusiasm. [QUOTE]

Good Morning and thankd Evepet. Im really trying to make this journey work. I have tried so many things and I just want off these blood pressure meds. I think this has been the most challenging thing for me so far so good. I walked in the kitchen this morning to two boxes of donuts and continued to get my bottle of water and walked out. I keep telling myself this is not going to be easy, nothing in life is easy but I shall make it through. This site is great for inspiration and encouragement. I cant stay away
Closed Thread