Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #121  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
So, it happened. I had a great, but long, day at school. (Teaching first grade does drain the brain...but it is soooo much fun!) However, I got home tonight at 6:30....I have been silently raging since. I think that I remember someone saying that the mood swings are a good sign.......? Well, if that is the case, I lost a lot of fat in the last hour. Such a moood!!!!! I do not usually get moody. My little bichon is even looking at me funny.
The suspected trigger? I walked in the door, and my son just simply said that he was hungry.(That is what he says all the time!!!) Tonight however, no, OMG......he learned tonight that perhaps that was NOT the best way to greet me, at least for a while! I guess this protocol is a bit more stressful than I am willing to admit.
I am fairly stressed from buying and preparing strange foods called vegetables. I am fairly stressed about my body "drying out from carbs."I am fairly stressed about peeing my pants in front of my little first graders. I am fairly stressed about my principal walking in to my classroom and finding me in the kids bathroom.....so I wouldn't pee myself. I am fairly stressed about drinking so much water that I have started to develop gills on my left cheek.
I am fairly stressed about losing all of this weight. I am fairly stressed about why I am so fairly stressed!!!!!!!!!
I am majorly stressed about why in the hello there are not more little smilies, on the right of this screen, that do not more accurately represent mood swings.
Do I sound thinner yet?!
I don't know whether your intention was to make us laugh... or not... but I was chuckling all through your 'I am fairly stressed abouts....' So many of the things you said ring absolutely true, and you have a real way with words... I can just picture you using the kids bathroom so you wouldn't wet your pants. I'm sure I have every bathroom on my normal errand route memorized... and I don't dare pass one for fear I don't make it to the next without a 'slip up'.
Hang in there... remember all this water flushing through is flushing out fat... and your mood swings are a Good Thing. Even though they don't feel like it.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #122  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
So, it happened. I had a great, but long, day at school. (Teaching first grade does drain the brain...but it is soooo much fun!) However, I got home tonight at 6:30....I have been silently raging since. I think that I remember someone saying that the mood swings are a good sign.......? Well, if that is the case, I lost a lot of fat in the last hour. Such a moood!!!!! I do not usually get moody. My little bichon is even looking at me funny.
The suspected trigger? I walked in the door, and my son just simply said that he was hungry.(That is what he says all the time!!!) Tonight however, no, OMG......he learned tonight that perhaps that was NOT the best way to greet me, at least for a while! I guess this protocol is a bit more stressful than I am willing to admit.
I am fairly stressed from buying and preparing strange foods called vegetables. I am fairly stressed about my body "drying out from carbs."I am fairly stressed about peeing my pants in front of my little first graders. I am fairly stressed about my principal walking in to my classroom and finding me in the kids bathroom.....so I wouldn't pee myself. I am fairly stressed about drinking so much water that I have started to develop gills on my left cheek.
I am fairly stressed about losing all of this weight. I am fairly stressed about why I am so fairly stressed!!!!!!!!!
I am majorly stressed about why in the hello there are not more little smilies, on the right of this screen, that do not more accurately represent mood swings.
Do I sound thinner yet?!
You sound much thinner! Stick to it. It is hard work but you are worth it.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Yup I think you loss about 10lbs BUT with all of this stress your body will hold on. Try not stressing so much, I know its easier said than done but you have to try. Here is a suggestion for you....Try drinking like 32 oz before you leave the house in the morning then drink a little at lunch then when you get home drink the rest. Try to figure out a schedule, I leave the house in the morning then ride buses (tour buses) for 4 hours. I drink before I leave around breakfast, Pee....go to work then drink the rest when I get home Those bathrooms are NOT made to use if you ask me....my BUT* can barely fit in the door....lol....use some creativity....you can do this....how old is your son? can't he NOT fix his own food?.
Wuv.....you nailed it! That is why I got so angry.....he can eat all he wants and yes, he can self-feed!!!!! My house is filled with enough food to feed his entire baseball team, for a week!
With regards to the H2O....I love water...even more so now. I have an hour commute each way......and I take diuretics for a vestibular disease...sooooo, school is the easiest place for me to get my water in(and out...hee hee) during the day, and then, yes, I do drink a lot at night.
My mood is now within the realm of the smilies!!!!
Thanks Wuv!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 203/199/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2greatcats View Post
Good morning all!
My DH has bronchitis - really bad over the weekend, even ran a fever, and I think he passed his germs on to me - ack!
Starting with the cough, feeling crummy.
My WI is tomorrow - has anyone had experience being "sick" on IP and how that affects losses? I'm really hoping to break in to the 260s tomorrow...
Have a great OP day, everyone!!
I had a HORRIBLE cold (sinus infection/bronchitis/double ear infection) during the 3rd and part of the 4th week of the program. I didn't lose that much weight during those weeks, but I think it was also due to the amount of inches I dropped during that time. I made sure to still get all of my water in, which was difficult since I wasn't up and about, but I think you should be great!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #125  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post
One thing I didn't know what that I HAD to eat a salad every day. She said that is another reason why my loss was so low was because I didn't follow the plan. I thought it was optional. My bad.
I hope others chime in here, but my coach says the salads are not required, that the unlimited lettuce is just a freeby to help you if you are still feeling hungry. I have lost just over 16 lbs in 3 weeks and have only had 1 salad (not crazy about the WF salad dressings).

My way of thinking, if it qualifies as a "freeby" and won't make you gain, then omitting it surely shouldn't keep you from losing.???
Old 05-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #126  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Arrow

Quote:
Do I sound thinner yet?!
I teach kindergarten And I am in the bathroom at least once an hour. There have been times I almost didn't make it to the bathroom. I drink tons of water and with all the talking (and yelling) I do I can't not drink it all day. How much longer do you have left of school?
Old 05-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #127  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Wuv.....you nailed it! That is why I got so angry.....he can eat all he wants and yes, he can self-feed!!!!! My house is filled with enough food to feed his entire baseball team, for a week!
With regards to the H2O....I love water...even more so now. I have an hour commute each way......and I take diuretics for a vestibular disease...sooooo, school is the easiest place for me to get my water in(and out...hee hee) during the day, and then, yes, I do drink a lot at night.
My mood is now within the realm of the smilies!!!!
Thanks Wuv!
Well let him fend for himself for a few days. Make him cook his own dinner or snack or whichever it may be. He is taking you for grant, make him do it, then he will see you different. I say this because that is what I had to do with mine....he is 24....lol....now he don't tell me he is hungry cuz he knows he will eat MY food cuz I am NOT cooking for him....well sometimes I do....lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
I hope others chime in here, but my coach says the salads are not required, that the unlimited lettuce is just a freeby to help you if you are still feeling hungry. I have lost just over 16 lbs in 3 weeks and have only had 1 salad (not crazy about the WF salad dressings).

My way of thinking, if it qualifies as a "freeby" and won't make you gain, then omitting it surely shouldn't keep you from losing.???
Honestly I DO NOT eat the lettuce everyday. The ONLY time I usually eat it is when I go out to dinner. My coach has said it is necessary not mandatory but I just eat enough food and am not hungry for it
Old 05-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #128  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default ~~Turnip Chips~~Slow and Steady

So I got this recipe for baked turnip chips, and am in the process of baking them now...the recipe (actually a lady on tv) stated 20 minutes at 300...at which point they were still soggy...so I am being patient and keep turning them every 20 minutes after dropping the temp to 200 (don't want them babies to burn).

IF I succeed, I'll have something akin to potato chips that I can nosh on while watching DH play a video game...it's strange the things I do so I can feel "normal"...

Next up: If the chips work, find a way to grind them up and turn them into "breading" that I could use on Chicken etc. in place of crackers or other bread products.

Wish me luck!
~Kara

Last edited by Kaypix; 05-01-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #129  

Default Pee Before You Read This!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I don't know whether your intention was to make us laugh... or not... but I was chuckling all through your 'I am fairly stressed abouts....' So many of the things you said ring absolutely true, and you have a real way with words... I can just picture you using the kids bathroom so you wouldn't wet your pants. I'm sure I have every bathroom on my normal errand route memorized... and I don't dare pass one for fear I don't make it to the next without a 'slip up'.
Hang in there... remember all this water flushing through is flushing out fat... and your mood swings are a Good Thing. Even though they don't feel like it.
......best part of the story......my classroom has a bathroom in it. Right, so.....it is meant for the little ones. Before IP, I would rarely use the kids "loo". On occassion, I would have the need. I would tell the kids I was checking the paper towel dispenser......so they didn't know that I was
temporarily "out of commission" while I peed!!!!!
Well, 18 days into IP (funny I PEE!!!!!) and my kids are on to me. Yesterday, one of my kids said, "You don't need to keep checking the paper towels, I told the janitor and he said that there was enough for a week in there!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #130  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
......best part of the story......my classroom has a bathroom in it. Right, so.....it is meant for the little ones. Before IP, I would rarely use the kids "loo". On occassion, I would have the need. I would tell the kids I was checking the paper towel dispenser......so they didn't know that I was
temporarily "out of commission" while I peed!!!!!
Well, 18 days into IP (funny I PEE!!!!!) and my kids are on to me. Yesterday, one of my kids said, "You don't need to keep checking the paper towels, I told the janitor and he said that there was enough for a week in there!
LoL that kind of made my day
Old 05-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #131  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post

I just checked the wording of my Phase 1 Plan sheet and it says for both lunch and dinner '2 cups vegetables + unlimited lettuce'. To me, it seems as if that 2 cups veggies can be fulfilled through a lot of different unrestricted (and restricted as allowed) veggies, and not necessarily including a salad. Most days I do end up eating a salad at least at either lunch or dinner, but I've never thought it was compulsory.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #132  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
So I got this recipe for baked turnip chips, and am in the process of baking them now...the recipe (actually a lady on tv) stated 20 minutes at 300...at which point they were still soggy...so I am being patient and keep turning them every 20 minutes after dropping the temp to 200 (don't want them babies to burn).

IF I succeed, I'll have something akin to potato chips that I can nosh on while watching DH play a video game...it's strange the things I do so I can feel "normal"...

Next up: If the chips work, find a way to grind them up and turn them into "breading" that I could use on Chicken etc. in place of crackers or other bread products.

Wish me luck!
~Kara
you could also use a restricted to coat your chicken, just don't use the WHOLE bag on it like the southwestern cheese curls or the pancake mix. just sayin

Here is something I just say on FB....

Chicken Nuggets (phase 1-4) serves 2
1 packet Ideal Protein Garlic & Onion Soy Nuts (crushed to bread crumb like consistency)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 tbsps Italian parsley, chopped or 4 tsp dried parsley
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup Walden Farms Mayo Spread
olive oil non-stick cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut chicken into nuggets of uniform size. Mix garlic & onion soy nut crumbs with sea salt, pepper and parsley.
Add chicken to zippered plastic bag along with the mayo spread. Shake evenly to coat. Remove chicken and lightly dip in the crumb mixture.
Spray a wire or cooling rack with non-stick cooking spray and place on top of a lined cookie sheet. Arrange chicken on top of the wire rack and bake for 8-12 minutes. Serve immediately.
By: Windsor CBP Spine Center

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 05-01-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #133  

Default Break Room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post
I teach kindergarten And I am in the bathroom at least once an hour. There have been times I almost didn't make it to the bathroom. I drink tons of water and with all the talking (and yelling) I do I can't not drink it all day. How much longer do you have left of school?
I guess I could start looking at my need to "relieve" as a, well sort of, a break room!!!!! We go until June 15th.....I live in the good old Northeast! (I am glad...I would rather be on Phase 1(Boot Camp) while I am busy teaching!
(Don't you think they should have a water drop smilie...or maybe a peeing one!!!!!)
Old 05-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

WI today, 3.6 lbs. and 3.5 inches! I expected maybe a 2 Lb. loss so was pleasantly surprised, but I'm happy with any loss ! Good luck to all of your WI this week!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #135  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
.....one of my kids said, "You don't need to keep checking the paper towels, I told the janitor and he said that there was enough for a week in there!
LMAO.... smart azz little kid! LOL. Thanks for the laugh. I'll be thinking of you and your school kids as I run to the john tomorrow....... lol.

Last edited by evepet; 05-01-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Closed Thread