Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #46  
Pacific Northwest Loser

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Just got back late last night from 8 days in the Caribbean, so beautiful! As planned, I was able to stay on plan, mixing in Phase 2 days throughout the week. Said no to rum punch, rum punch and more rum punch!
Weighed myself this morning and my weight stayed the same. I must admit, I am happy to be back home and to get back on Phase 2 and lose these last 15 pounds!

That sounds amazing. Where did you go in the carribbean? Good job on no rum punch. Skipping rum punch to get these kinds of results seems so worth it. Way to go.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #47  
MOM3GRL

S/C/G: 286/286/170

Height: 5' 8"

Miracle noodles were mentioned in an earlier post. What are those? Where can I buy them? Thanks All!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #48  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
I went shopping this morning and I picked up big portabella mushrooms to use as hamburger buns.. thanks to 3sisters post & the delish looking picture and Molly's description of the texture. I am hoping that my taste buds have changed and I like them now. we will see.
I hope you like it! One suggestion - use a good amount of your daily sea salt portion on this as it needs the extra salt for taste. I think lettuce, tomato, onion, WF ketchup, mustard and pickles sound WONDERFUL as toppings (of course, I didn't have any of that available except the mustard and sugar-free pickle relish) - any toppings would be good. Grill on high heat (or on a bbq grill), and really brown that portabella and afterward let it drain cap-side-up on a paper towel to soak up as much of the excess juice as you can - it's quite messy!

Last edited by 3sisters; 05-01-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #49  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3girls63 View Post
Miracle noodles were mentioned in an earlier post. What are those? Where can I buy them? Thanks All!
I personaly love them! I probably have them 2x a week. Google it! You can find there site there. My coach sells them some of them, and i have found another brand called "no noodle" pretty much the same. They are like a rice noodle! If you have ever had Pho.. it's alot like that. I love them.. and no not because i'm asian They are amaze!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinered View Post
That sounds amazing. Where did you go in the carribbean? Good job on no rum punch. Skipping rum punch to get these kinds of results seems so worth it. Way to go.
We went to Saint Croix. It was our first time in the Caribbean and was as beautiful as we had heard it would be. Did lots of sailing and snorkeling, lots of bathing suit time, something I wouldn't have enjoyed several months ago!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #51  
Pacific Northwest Loser

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
We went to Saint Croix. It was our first time in the Caribbean and was as beautiful as we had heard it would be. Did lots of sailing and snorkeling, lots of bathing suit time, something I wouldn't have enjoyed several months ago!
Sounds like a major NSV! I love the Caribbean! Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #52  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

Every time I read "WF" I think Wells Fargo. LOL.

Day #1, just choked down the shake and am having some tea. Definitely looking forward more to lunch and dinner where I'll get real whole foods rather than trying to choke down an unnatural highly processed gritty drink. Well definitely be looking into Sewmam's options of just mixing the powder into a soup or veg mash or something.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #53  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
I hope you like it! One suggestion - use a good amount of your daily sea salt portion on this as it needs the extra salt for taste. I think lettuce, tomato, onion, WF ketchup, mustard and pickles sound WONDERFUL as toppings (of course, I didn't have any of that available except the mustard and sugar-free pickle relish) - any toppings would be good. Grill on high heat (or on a bbq grill), and really brown that portabella and afterward let it drain cap-side-up on a paper towel to soak up as much of the excess juice as you can - it's quite messy!
Thanks for the tips. I am having them tonight so I will let ya know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
I personaly love them! I probably have them 2x a week. Google it! You can find there site there. My coach sells them some of them, and i have found another brand called "no noodle" pretty much the same. They are like a rice noodle! If you have ever had Pho.. it's alot like that. I love them.. and no not because i'm asian They are amaze!
Mlucas.. love your new pic
Old 05-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #54  

Height: 5'7

I'm SO sore today after doing Body Pum (weight lifting class) at the gym last night! Sore is good though! I think I'll back off of the class a bit or just do once a week for a bit. I need to think about it more. I want some muscle in my arms, etc. for summer, but I'm not sure that the class is the right approach right now.

Other than that, feeling very positive today and continue to stay OP.

I'm meeting my sister for lunch today and giving her a gift, which is a poem that requests her to be my matron of honor in my wedding. So excited to give it to her!

Hope everyone has a great, OP day!
Old 05-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Newbie here! Starting IP tomorrow. Any advice or what to expect on my first visit tomorrow. I can't tell you how excited I am to be on this journey with all of you.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Quote:
Mlucas, I made a pho of sorts with them, so yummy and felt super indulgent! Shrimp, bok choy, mushrooms, fresh ginger, mmmmm!
Old 05-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #57  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

OH MY GOODNESS what is with all the NEW threads opening?????.....I don't have time to read the daily chat yet will have to do it when I get back. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #58  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
NSV......tucking in my shirt and wearing a belt. Sometimes it is the small things that make your day
Have a great 100% OP Day!
AWESOME
Old 05-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #59  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Happy May Day Everybody.
I cant believe it is May already, The summer is right around the corner now.
I started this program on Feb. 16 I remember being so impatient for the weeks to go by so I could see some significant weight loss but the time was going by so slowly, it was almost torture. I couldn't wait for my 1 week WI, then I couldn't wait for my 1 month WI, now here it is almost 3 months on plan and almost 40 pounds later (I am hoping to hit 40 tomorrow at WI) and all I can say is WOW that time flew by. So to all my IP friends just starting out, don't torture yourself.. before you know it, months will have gone by, just get through each day.

I hope everyone has a great day
You are doing SO well for such a short time on the plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikara View Post
Made it through our first official outing...but not without some fanfare. We had a big family dinner and before hand I told my SIL that DH and I were on a restricted diet and we would bring our own food. They were making chicken marsala and she said she would keep some plain chicken on the side for us so not to worry. When we arrived SIL said her DH would not serve us plain chicken so he marinated the chicken in balsamic and olive oil (he was trying so I will give him that!). Told her we were really sorry but we can't have balsamic and she said "what would a little balsamic do?". Told her we have invested way too much in the program to be set back 3-4 days. She told me her DH would be upset because apparently he doesn't understand all the diet stuff and it had been a bit of an issue when she was explaining it to him. I told her not to tell him because he really did try and I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I snuck out to the grocery store and bought plain chicken, came back with it hidden in my purse then offered to BBQ the chicken for him because he was so busy. I managed to BBQ some of his balsamic chicken for my MIL (gluten intolerant) along with my chicken and he never even noticed. Told him how delish his balsamic chicken was! Phew! A twinge of guilt lying to him but you have to do what you have to do!! Some people just won't get it! What's a little cheat? What's a little glass of wine? You can go back on tomorrow!...no thanks! I am very happy that I stuck to my guns!

Have a great day everyone!!! I am on day 5 today and finally have some energy and feel fantastic and very very excited about the next few weeks!
You surly get extra credit points for that one!
Quote:
Good AM!

A few things...
1. I have kept this diet pretty much a secret, I really didnt want to advertise another failed diet by Michelle, so since I just moved and I dont see people from back home i'm pretty hush about it, especially over FB. My mom and 2 of my bridesmaids know but other than that... no one really knew. So since i've been video journaling daily and after watching the video i thougth i'd take a quick pic. after lookin at the pic i was like holy Shh... i dont look hidious! so i decided to come out of the closet and post on FB. I did not expect the response that I got! It was so over whelming and beautiful. I have amazing friends and the kind words were amazing! I didnt expect the attention it did get so, that was awesome!
2. I am running out of clothes to wear! I love it ... but I hate it LOL. I look like a bag lady... good thing.. i am really pulling off this BoHo look very well But still, i've been putting off shopping cus i want to save as much money as i can before we leave for vaca back to WA, but i may have to crack soon. Trying to hold out.. only 25 more days till we leave. It's such a double edge sword. I want to not be able to make the 25 days but i do cus i dont want to spend the money yet lol. I think I can hold out though since i'm going in to P3 in a week... so and lol

Have a great day everyone!
I'm happy to hear you are getting such great responses and support from family and friends. This clothes issue can get pretty expensive for sure. I've given away SO many clothes as it seems for me about every 20 pounds I loose it's down another size. Since I don't work outside of the house I can keep my wardrobe very simple. I only buy the bare minimum when I go down to the next size. I also buy as cheap as I can, which generally isn't me. I stick to the outlet stores for now till I hit goal. I hear you on the shoe issue too. Like my husband always likes to tell me, "Women will buy shoes to keep other women from having them."
Quote:
Just got back late last night from 8 days in the Caribbean, so beautiful! As planned, I was able to stay on plan, mixing in Phase 2 days throughout the week. Said no to rum punch, rum punch and more rum punch!
Weighed myself this morning and my weight stayed the same. I must admit, I am happy to be back home and to get back on Phase 2 and lose these last 15 pounds!
Welcome back and great job on no weight gain!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Thanks for those words of wisdom. I think that's going to have to be my mantra over the coming months, as I have a suspicion my weight loss is going to be slow, as I'm in menopause, etc. I keep reminding myself that I put it on over a period of years... and that at least each week I'm 100% OP I'm making progress in the right direction. It is definitely 'Day by Day'. Thank You!
I'm also on the other side of menopause (55yrs old) and I also worried about a slower weight loss. My coach told me the first time I met her that this shouldn't be an issue on IP. I think I have to agree with her for the most part since I've lost almost 85 pounds in 7 months. Now loosing the body fat is a different issue. That is painfully slow thanks to menopause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrousgal View Post
Every time I read "WF" I think Wells Fargo. LOL.

Day #1, just choked down the shake and am having some tea. Definitely looking forward more to lunch and dinner where I'll get real whole foods rather than trying to choke down an unnatural highly processed gritty drink. Well definitely be looking into Sewmam's options of just mixing the powder into a soup or veg mash or something.
Hang in there and the hardest part is the first 3 to 4 days. Then the energy will start to come back. Loved your Wells Fargo thought as I use to think the same thing. LOL
Old 05-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #60  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Today was day 1 and I had the chicken soup pouch for lunch. Well, I attempted to anyway. I think it took about 4 or 5 bites of me gagging after every bite before I gave up and threw it away. Does anyone have any tricks to doctor up the soup and get me through the rest of the week?
Closed Thread