Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 12:59 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 2/28/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 02-28-2012, 04:47 AM   #2  
C'est la vie...

S/C/G: 202/163/140?

Height: 5'3"

Here I am up super late my time because I'm just finishing up with my homework, but had to post this as I was thinking about it.

I realize that some people are having issues with the scale and what it does or doesn't say, but the reality is that we have good weeks and bad weeks. With that said, I have to say I have totally enjoyed the support that I have seen given to everyone that needs it. I think Tenniels said it very succinctly when she stated it was probably psychological...I believe it is. Even with the 25 pounds lost I still see the same "fat" person in the mirror every time I look and it will take a while for the brain to catch up I'm sure...probably longer than I want...

I appreciate each and everyone of you who are here supporting each of us back and forth because it is what is getting me through this journey!!!

Tenniels I don't for a second feel as if you are whining or whatever word you used yesterday...I think you truly are having a hard time with the ups and downs of that pesky scale and you've come to the right place just keep coming back and we'll keep being here for you!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:10 AM   #3  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning everyone

Being on plan seems to be giving me more then just weight loss. It seems to be giving me some control which in turn is giving me more confidence. My daughter is disabled and every year we have her IEP meeting. At this meeting I end up fighting with the school for what I feel my daughter is entitled to and needs and they don't want to it to give her do to money/budget issues. I always come away from that meeting feeling insecure of myself against these slim, "put together" highly educated women.

Well, yesterday I was feeling good, slimmer, more in control and confident, I went in to the meeting feeling good and came out feeling good and I swear I thought they respected me a little more and I barely had to "fight" for what was needed.

I guess it all comes down to how we feel about ourselves can reflect how others see us and react to us. They seemed to take me more seriously.

Or maybe it was all in my head lol. all I know is it felt good to feel that confidence and not to just want to stay in my house so no one can see me.

I don't know if this makes any sense I just wanted to share.

have a great day everyone!

Carol

Last edited by Cadu; 02-28-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Good morning all! It is going to be a beautiful day here in WV today. Yesterday, I had a good OP day. I plan on doing the same today. I hope we all have a day full of blessings. Smiles to you all!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/153/130

Height: 5'2

Good Morning everyone!

I am loving this program, I am on week 4, WI tomorrow, and so many people are starting to notice. I hadnt seen my husband in a week and when he come home last night he put his arms around me to fall asleep ( really... we both have a cold ha!) and he said wow, you are so much smaller... I definetly went to bed with a smile
Cant wait for my WI tomorrow, Week 3 I had 0 lost but I had lost inches.. My coach said my body is reshaping. So I cant wait to see this week, I am hoping & know it will be great!

I wish you all a wonderful day and stay motivated!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:04 AM   #6  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good morning everyone

Being on plan seems to be giving me more then just weight loss. It seems to be giving me some control which in turn is giving me more confidence. My daughter is disabled and every year we have her IEP meeting. At this meeting I end up fighting with the school for what I feel my daughter is entitled to and needs and they don't want to it to give her do to money/budget issues. I always come away from that meeting feeling insecure of myself against these slim, "put together" highly educated women.

Well, yesterday I was feeling good, slimmer, more in control and confident, I went in to the meeting feeling good and came out feeling good and I swear I thought they respected me a little more and I barely had to "fight" for what was needed.

I guess it all comes down to how we feel about ourselves can reflect how others see us and react to us. They seemed to take me more seriously.

Or maybe it was all in my head lol. all I know is it felt good to feel that confidence and not to just want to stay in my house so no one can see me.

Carol

This is wonderful Carol!! It seems you are gaining more confidence in yourself which is allowing your true self to shine through Who knows what this new lifestyle will empower us to do!! Sky's the limit!!!

You must feel fantastic!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 183/181/145

Height: 5'5

Good Morning everyone. Well today is house work, house work, house work. I dislike house work, but someone has got to do it LOL I'm staying OP so far. My coach told me yesterday that I was doing good, and I haven't cheated, She was impressed. Started week 4 on IP and its becoming a way of life know. I can not believe that I struggled for years to try and stop drinking mcdonalds sweet tea and here I am 4 weeks later, and could careless for it. Wow what a change.

Thanks to this forum for all your encouragment and different post of encouragment. I am so glad I found this site. Sometime just reading how someone else overcame a struggle helps me overcome my struggles.

THANKS YOU, THANK YOU, and THANK YOU
Old 02-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Good morning everyone

Carol
Congrats carol- you're succeeding on the scale and at making positive changes in your life. I relate to reading the posts about determining success by the # on the scale - I have my first WI this am and can't wait bc I know I've lost and that will be very encouraging. Im already planning for those week of ups and downs with the scale and I know to succeed i need to find other victories: inches lost, how clothes fit, but most importantly how i feel. Am i proud of what I've accomplished, do I feel more confident, am I empowered? Sounds like You've got that all figured out- good job!! Thanks for sharing sounds like you're getting what you need for your daughter- prooving the fact we have to look after ourselves to look after others!!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #9  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Good Morning!
@ Cadu..... your post made me smile and cry at the same time. I have for years struggled with "thin capable women" if only they would see me that way! Kuddos sweetie Kuddos!
@ alaskastarr you head it girl right on da head! Self image is hard, never realized how much my weight effected this. It is a journey and I am so glad to be on it with all of you.
@ slcrews awww mikey dee's sweet tea...used to live for it and now like you I could care less. I think you are doing awesome and enjoy your posts alot.
I wish you all peace and happiness. A totally 100% OP day!
Every victory small or large is a victory. Rejoice!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #10  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Good morning all. GL to all that have WI today. Think positive. I had a great night's sleep, it felt great. Have a great IP day!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #11  
Ideal Protein Dieter.

S/C/G: 278/232/170

Height: 5'7

Goood morning!~ i just had a waffle from the strawberry pudding!~ WI not till thursday. Making crockpot reubens for family and i can eat meat and kraut!~ just wishing i had some WF thousand island to go with .
Old 02-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskastarr View Post
Here I am up super late my time because I'm just finishing up with my homework, but had to post this as I was thinking about it.

I realize that some people are having issues with the scale and what it does or doesn't say, but the reality is that we have good weeks and bad weeks. With that said, I have to say I have totally enjoyed the support that I have seen given to everyone that needs it. I think Tenniels said it very succinctly when she stated it was probably psychological...I believe it is. Even with the 25 pounds lost I still see the same "fat" person in the mirror every time I look and it will take a while for the brain to catch up I'm sure...probably longer than I want...

I appreciate each and everyone of you who are here supporting each of us back and forth because it is what is getting me through this journey!!!

Tenniels I don't for a second feel as if you are whining or whatever word you used yesterday...I think you truly are having a hard time with the ups and downs of that pesky scale and you've come to the right place just keep coming back and we'll keep being here for you!!!
I lurk in here sometimes...LOVE this post! Just wanted to point that out.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Good morning everyone

Carol
Carol - I don't know if you realize just how powerful your post is. There are so many layers to what you said. You keep fighting for your daughter - and fight just as hard for yourself.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Good morning everyone

Carol
Strange how you aren't sure if people treat you better or if you're just feeling better (I over analyse this as well). But when you get down to it, confidence is in your head don't you think? It's fantastic what the journey of IP can do for us. Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Good morning everyone

Carol
Good for you. that is an awesome insight. Own your power. go girl..
Closed Thread