Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #316  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone,

For the cheating thread - People will find any excuses to justify their behavior. It pisses me off but they will find out soon enough, once all the weight is back on, that its not the way to go. This diet DOES fit all!

So yesterday i went swimming with the kids at teh Y and for the first time i tried the slide and fit like a normal person All of this was worth it to see my daughter laughing so hard and having so much fun with me...something she has never experienced in her life yet and she's almost 11! Also broke my heart as i feel she was cheated out of doing activities with her mom but i'm doing something about it now so i can't dwell on that.

Finally found the dieter's tea (forgot who recommended it) was hoping it would help with the big C but helas.. i took a cup last night (along with my usual 4 floralax and 2 novilax) and was hoping it would work as there was an awful lot of churning sounds in my tummy but nothing so far

Its my hubby's bday today, making him sheppard's pie for dinner, making myself a fake one with mashed cauliflower!

Have a great day everyone
Old 04-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #317  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
Good morning!

Jelly - your new picture sure is purty - I just had to say that.

Jelly , Dana, Wuv and everyone else -

There has been quite a bit of discussion about shaking things up on various threads. When I go in on Wednesday for my WI, I want to discuss a shakeup with my coach. I have been bouncing around the same number for several weeks - not making much progress. I was advised quite a while ago that it was ok to eat P2 on occasion and when we travel I do, but I think my body needs something else.

Should I move fully to P2? I wouldn't mind jumping to P3 like you did Wuv - I say hi to the blueberries when in the grocery store. What other suggestions have coaches made when your body needed to be goosed? I would like to be able to discuss some options that my coach might not have thought about.

In order to stir up the IP wisdom on this thread, I really want to yell something similar to "Wonder Twin Powers - Activate", but I am very afraid that I would date myself and only hear crickets. TIA everyone. Have a marvelous day!
I love my coach, but she will just tell me to fill out my journal. I know I need more than that. I'm going to run the phase 3 idea by her, but I have decided to do this either way for two weeks. Sounds like you are at about the same place I'm at.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #318  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Good morning to everyone! Jelly, I like the new picture. Weigh-in tomorrow and I don't think the woosh fairy has visited. I might be wrong but I think it is because I am counting down to onederland and the universe is testing my patience. I keep telling myself it is only a number but I have to admit I am excited to get there.
Oh well, all good things must be earned! I know if I stay 100% I will get there.
I hope everyone has a great day. I have a busy week ahead, district track meet and dance recital! Busy mom!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #319  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

I had just read the cheating thread before I read this one and was so relieved when I caught up on everyone's posts here...I am committed to be 100% OP but I agree with sarabean that it did weaken my resolve a touch (my 30th bday is Saturday) but not enough to cheat and I was re-fortified by what I read here...I am resting my pancreas so when I start eating carbs again my body can handle them the right way and I will not risk a shock to it that could interrupt that. Also, how great to turn 30 feeling healthy and happy with what I've accomplished so far and knowing I'm on the right track...and imagine how horrible I'd feel if I started my 30's any other way.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #320  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Good morning everyone,

For the cheating thread - People will find any excuses to justify their behavior. It pisses me off but they will find out soon enough, once all the weight is back on, that its not the way to go. This diet DOES fit all!

Finally found the dieter's tea (forgot who recommended it) was hoping it would help with the big C but helas.. i took a cup last night (along with my usual 4 floralax and 2 novilax) and was hoping it would work as there was an awful lot of churning sounds in my tummy but nothing so far
I was always amazed my first time through how people would say, 'I need to lose weight, but ****!' There was always a but...which is, of course, an excuse. If a person can't stop making excuses to cheat then, they might as well accept where they are at.

For the big C, have you tried Magnesium Citrate? It's really inexpensive and I found that by taking it daily, I never had a problem. I'm still early enough back in this time, but I'm going to start using it today anyway. I added a tablespoon (or two if I felt plugged) to my Pomegranate drink and I think it made both taste better.

I'm trying to get a jump start on a crazy week of surgery countdown and all of the stuff that needs to be done before that. It figures I'd also have two funerals added in as well! My goal is to focus one what needs to be done.

Speaking of surgery, I have to report at 8am (fasting from midnight), surgery is at 10am and expected to last less than 1.5 hours. Any thoughts for eating strategies that day? I'm sure I'll be starving after surgery, I'm just not sure how much I'll feel like eating after anesthesia.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #321  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

I had an interesting experience this weekend ... My daughter had a cheerleading competition at Six Flags so we were there for the whole day. You can't bring outside snacks in (although I snuck in my IP chocolate soy puffs in my purse) so I had my IP breakfast and planned to have a grilled chicken something or other with veggies at the park then an IP dinner. Would you believe it took me over an hour to find food that wasn't fried / battered or in some other way totally unhealthy? I couldn't believe it! There was one little Greek place that had a grilled chicken salad ... other than that not a single healthy menu item to be found. But what got me is that we go to Six Flags all the time and I have never once thought twice about what I was eating. I felt so good that I didn't give in and eat something OP!!
Old 04-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #322  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Hey Hey Everyone,

I'm super stressed today - going to have surgery on my toe...ingrown toenail surgery and then carbolic acid to prevent it from happening again. In the grand scheme of things SHOULDN'T be a big deal but the thought of it makes me squirm...and the thought of the throbbing afterwards. It needs to be done and I won't chicken out...been fighting with this toenail for years and I'm just DONE, so I want it done before it gets so bad the freezing won't work.

Any of you had that done? Do you think I could run in two weeks? LOL
Old 04-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #323  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
So yesterday i went swimming with the kids at teh Y and for the first time i tried the slide and fit like a normal person All of this was worth it to see my daughter laughing so hard and having so much fun with me...something she has never experienced in her life yet and she's almost 11! Also broke my heart as i feel she was cheated out of doing activities with her mom but i'm doing something about it now so i can't dwell on that.
I felt the same joy....I have a 2 1/2 year old little boy that was the main reason I started IP - and last week we were at the park and I just LOVED sliding down the slide with him! He was so giggly and we had a blast!!

The other thing that really moved me to close to tears, my mom and I were swinging on the swings like 2 little girls! We had so much fun! My mom was very overweight - she had the gastric bypass surgery a few years ago and has lost over 150 pounds since - (another reason I wanted to take care of my weight now and not have to go that route) so the picture we made swinging together - I was thinking "I dont think we've EVER done this before"!! It was really cool! (Course, I have just about no "butt" left, so it was uncomfortable, but not because the chains of the swings were cutting into my hips like before, but because my boney butt was hurting! lol)

Anyway - in regards to the "cheating" thread, I was so bothered by the title, I havent even read it because I, just like WUV, would probably go off! I have a co-worker that cheats ALOT and it really bugs me, and as a Coach at my clinic, I have a hard time with it!

I started Phase 3 on Saturday and boy was that nice! My taste buds were in shock!!! Last time I phased off for the holidays, I wasnt really "into" it, but this time, I've charted everything down to the calories and once you've figured out what everything is (carbs/fat/calories/protien) it was easy to put it all together - just takes planning!

I've also planned my "makeover" day!! Going to use a gift card my DH gave me to get a new "do" and go get a new outfit for starting maintenance!! So excited!

Hope everyone has a great day!!! Its a new week!!
Old 04-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #324  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
Good morning!

Jelly - your new picture sure is purty - I just had to say that.

Jelly , Dana, Wuv and everyone else -

There has been quite a bit of discussion about shaking things up on various threads. When I go in on Wednesday for my WI, I want to discuss a shakeup with my coach. I have been bouncing around the same number for several weeks - not making much progress. I was advised quite a while ago that it was ok to eat P2 on occasion and when we travel I do, but I think my body needs something else.

Should I move fully to P2? I wouldn't mind jumping to P3 like you did Wuv - I say hi to the blueberries when in the grocery store. What other suggestions have coaches made when your body needed to be goosed? I would like to be able to discuss some options that my coach might not have thought about.

In order to stir up the IP wisdom on this thread, I really want to yell something similar to "Wonder Twin Powers - Activate", but I am very afraid that I would date myself and only hear crickets. TIA everyone. Have a marvelous day!
OMG I so Remember that!!....we are still YOUNG....and will feel that young again while losing this weight!!...we will be able to do SOME of the things we used to do when we were younger!....Phase 3 for 2 weeks is amazing!!!...jus sayin

Quote:
Good morning everyone,

Its my hubby's bday today, making him sheppard's pie for dinner, making myself a fake one with mashed cauliflower!

Have a great day everyone
You may have loss years with your daughter while she was younger but now is the time when she can be more active with you and do more stuff. She will remember doing stuff with you now that she has never been able to do before. She has memories of things y'all did together when she is younger I am sure. But now the memories will be more eventful perhaps. Enjoy every minute of it!

Old 04-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #325  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
For the big C, have you tried Magnesium Citrate? It's really inexpensive and I found that by taking it daily, I never had a problem. I'm still early enough back in this time, but I'm going to start using it today anyway. I added a tablespoon (or two if I felt plugged) to my Pomegranate drink and I think it made both taste better.

I'm trying to get a jump start on a crazy week of surgery countdown and all of the stuff that needs to be done before that. It figures I'd also have two funerals added in as well! My goal is to focus one what needs to be done.
I have done the magnesium citrate and the CALM (or is that the same thing?), also did the salt flush (barely worked). I have to say that i did finally get some relief this morning but its always such a battle, lol. But i had problems before IP so its just amplified.

Good luck on your surgery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Hey Hey Everyone,

I'm super stressed today - going to have surgery on my toe...ingrown toenail surgery and then carbolic acid to prevent it from happening again. In the grand scheme of things SHOULDN'T be a big deal but the thought of it makes me squirm...and the thought of the throbbing afterwards. It needs to be done and I won't chicken out...been fighting with this toenail for years and I'm just DONE, so I want it done before it gets so bad the freezing won't work.

Any of you had that done? Do you think I could run in two weeks? LOL
Never been through that but ouch! I'm sure you'll do great and heal quickly
Old 04-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #326  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Hello everyone,

I know I don't really belong in here as I went through a long period of time not being 100%, nevertheless, I want to express my ''anger'' about the thread reading '' I cheated and I feel so good'', I mean, seriously ??!! Way to go for sabotaging others' commitment!

I am so happy that I had this thread to take courage from.

I restarted my diet once again last thursday and we are Monday today and it is going well, so I am sure this time I will stick to it thanks to all your moving stories and how you were strong all the way.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #327  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

More people are posting about cheating and losing big numbers. I have a feeling that a lot of the newbies will try this when they feel they ONLY loss 2lbs...driving me CRAZY......GRRRRRR.....SIGH.....DEEP DEEP BREATHS.....DEEP DEEP DEEP ONES.....COUNT 1....2....3....4....5.....calming my nerves.......
Old 04-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #328  
Restarting IP 100%

It is driving me crazy too! You know what... I am going to post a reply there and tell them about how much I regret cheating and how it put me back, it is NOT the way to go !

Just a real life example: Busymomx4 and I live in the same area, when we first met each other, she had lost about the same amount of weight as me, which was about 40 pounds back then, that made her at about 254 which is what was originally my starting weight before I started IP, so by then I was about 210 and she was about 250.

Now, after I intentionally took a Christmas break thinking that I would restart immediately after, silly me, my Christmas break continued until Easter break plus some more and look at me now: I struggled like crazy to go back 100% into the program without any success or with very little success and see the numbers now: she is at 164 and I am at about 215!!!!

So seriously !!!! Whoever cheated and is happy... you would not be happy for long, believe me, I've been there and done that.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #329  

Glad you're back on Sandra, you'll do great
Old 04-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #330  
Restarting IP 100%

Quote:
Glad you're back on Sandra, you'll do great
Thanks !

Your weight loss amazes me, great numbers , I went to your profile to see if you posted new pictures, but I did not find anything new I bet you look great now ! But it would be wonderful if you put your ''new you'' photo
Closed Thread