Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #391  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post
I am super nervous! I hate standing up in front of people... i turn really red....BUT I am going to do this and can't wait for this part of my life to be over! Soon I will have my Masters Degree!!! I just keep telling myself that anyone can do anything for an hour. I can stand up and discuss my research. I can do this!

From what I read the other day, SaraBean, you are really passionate about your research...just remember to bring that passion with you and you will do fine!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
I didn't want to say anything yet... but I am on day 3 of doing this... so far I am liking what I am seeing... I am debating if I want to do a few more days that way I know that I am shocking the body... any suggestions??
I am glad to hear that your body is responding. I hope your trend continues for you!!!!

I am currently talking myself in & out of 3 restricted/day for more than 3 days as well. I really want my system to realize there is something new going on - I don't want to look back and think that this was a half-arse attempt. Ok, I just ran to the bags that are packed and threw in all the other restricted items I have at the house. I have enough to do 5 days total and Monday morning I can see what if anything has happened.

I could take my scale with me this weekend to see if there was any movement, but I don't want to become obsessed with this.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #393  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Staying the course...100% OP thru it all. Have had the major blues this week, blaming it on hormonal release and all the huge changes facing me in the next couple of months. I am SO glad I choose to do IP at this time in my life because of instead of losing 60 pounds I surly would have gained 60 pounds. That would have been annoying.

A big motivator will be I am going back on the "market" come October and by then I should be lookin good!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:22 PM   #394  

S/C/G: 263/213.5/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all. Back after several weeks of sickness. Came down with a fever of 104 Easter day within minutes-thank goodness the lamb was done! Turns out I had rocky mtn spotted fever. Who knew? Two weeks of doxycycline and I am back to normal and back 100% OP. Just could not manage food when I was feeling that bad unfortunately.
I know it is only three weeks or so since I have been on, but had to post here/bit surprised by all the negativity elsewhere. So glad you guys are here for support!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #395  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicknops View Post
Hi all. Back after several weeks of sickness. Came down with a fever of 104 Easter day within minutes-thank goodness the lamb was done! Turns out I had rocky mtn spotted fever. Who knew? Two weeks of doxycycline and I am back to normal and back 100% OP. Just could not manage food when I was feeling that bad unfortunately.
I know it is only three weeks or so since I have been on, but had to post here/bit surprised by all the negativity elsewhere. So glad you guys are here for support!
Sorry to hear you've been unwell. Welcome back!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #396  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

What a day what a day!...WHEW!...I have been on the road since 830am and the weather is HORRIBLE here today!...I left the house at 830am went to my WI loss another pound and 2 more inches. She wants me to eat all non restricted this week to see what that will do for me. Then I had to head to New Orleans to drop a friend off at the airport. The weather has been really bad here today, lighting, POURING rain and thunder really loud. I am glad I am home and off of the road.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #397  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
What a day what a day!...WHEW!...I have been on the road since 830am and the weather is HORRIBLE here today!...I left the house at 830am went to my WI loss another pound and 2 more inches. She wants me to eat all non restricted this week to see what that will do for me. Then I had to head to New Orleans to drop a friend off at the airport. The weather has been really bad here today, lighting, POURING rain and thunder really loud. I am glad I am home and off of the road.
Was it ever bad! There was a lot of flooding in the BR area. In fact, it's raining again. I think we're going to float away soon.

I hope the nonrestricted plan helps get you going again. My losses have slowed down a bit too. I'm hoping that my body just has to work its way out of the 180s and then the weight loss will pick up again. I guess things slow down the closer you get to goal. My coach told me that the last pounds hang on harder because they've been around longer.

Last edited by SewingMomma; 05-02-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #398  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

Wi #13 for me today. Down 2.4 lbs for a total of 31 and am finally in the 170s. Glad everyone is here. This 100% group is VERY strong...I LOVE that!!!

Glad you are better, vicknops.
Happy you are home safe, WUV.
Love your attitude, Tripmama.
Big hugs and high 5s for all the SVs and NSVs this week!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
Staying the course...100% OP thru it all. Have had the major blues this week, blaming it on hormonal release and all the huge changes facing me in the next couple of months. I am SO glad I choose to do IP at this time in my life because of instead of losing 60 pounds I surly would have gained 60 pounds. That would have been annoying.

A big motivator will be I am going back on the "market" come October and by then I should be lookin good!
Market? You would be a steal at any market! The graduation will be over soon and the summer will be bitter sweet! But we will be skinnier at the end of the summer and that will be fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesHotWife View Post
Wi #13 for me today. Down 2.4 lbs for a total of 31 and am finally in the 170s. Glad everyone is here. This 100% group is VERY strong...I LOVE that!!!

Glad you are better, vicknops.
Happy you are home safe, WUV.
Love your attitude, Tripmama.
Big hugs and high 5s for all the SVs and NSVs this week!!!
Congrats on the 2.4 pounds!
Old 05-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #400  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
I didnt want to say anything yet... but I am on day 3 of doing this... so far I am liking what I am seeing... I am debating if I want to do a few more days that way I know that I am shocking the body... any suggestions??
I did some googling today of weight plateaus and in most case they talk about a few days. This is my second day and I am not a happy camper. I was up 1/2 a pound today, which wasn't surprising, but I'm also retaining water for whatever reason. I was planning on doing this for one to two weeks, but at this point I'm just taking it day by day.

If you like what you are seeing, then I would probably hang in there for a couple of more day and the re-evaluate.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #401  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I did some googling today of weight plateaus and in most case they talk about a few days. This is my second day and I am not a happy camper. I was up 1/2 a pound today, which wasn't surprising, but I'm also retaining water for whatever reason. I was planning on doing this for one to two weeks, but at this point I'm just taking it day by day.

If you like what you are seeing, then I would probably hang in there for a couple of more day and the re-evaluate.
Well ill see in the morning what the scale tells me... I guess that's the bad thing about working in a drs office. Is that there are scales everywhere... I am feeling pretty bloated this evening. But I did just drink a liter of water. Blah.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #402  
Started IP 8.02.11

Weird thing this evening... I was looking in my full length mirror this afternoon. And felt that I looked different. A friend of mine I skate with told me to not worry so much about not losing pounds. She thinks I look smaller every time she sees me... But I feel like she's just trying to be nice... I am one of those people that is extremely fixated on the number the scale tells me... I wonder if its because I am so close to my goal???
Old 05-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #403  

Quote:
Weird thing this evening... I was looking in my full length mirror this afternoon. And felt that I looked different. A friend of mine I skate with told me to not worry so much about not losing pounds. She thinks I look smaller every time she sees me... But I feel like she's just trying to be nice... I am one of those people that is extremely fixated on the number the scale tells me... I wonder if its because I am so close to my goal???
How many times I gotta tell ya girlie....that NUMBER is a NUMBER!!!!!......its the way you FEEL and the way you LOOK!!....I want to see the scale say 200lbs BUT when I go to the plastic surgeon and he tells me I have 30lbs of fat I think I will stop....at least that is what I am thinking right now...ha...I am happy at the way I look right now
Old 05-02-2012, 11:55 PM   #404  
Started IP 8.02.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
How many times I gotta tell ya girlie....that NUMBER is a NUMBER!!!!!......its the way you FEEL and the way you LOOK!!....I want to see the scale say 200lbs BUT when I go to the plastic surgeon and he tells me I have 30lbs of fat I think I will stop....at least that is what I am thinking right now...ha...I am happy at the way I look right now
It's totally a mind issue right now. I am not happy with the way I look. Quick makes me feel slightly depressed only becuse often times I'm still thinking that I look how I did 9 months ago...
Old 05-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #405  

Quote:
It's totally a mind issue right now. I am not happy with the way I look. Quick makes me feel slightly depressed only becuse often times I'm still thinking that I look how I did 9 months ago...
OMG no you don't!!...i have been before....you are NO WAY that person anymore!...what is it about you that you are not liking?
Closed Thread