Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #406  

Hey, I have a question for you guys. I drink the EAS shakes and they don't really fill me up. I always feel like I need to eat some actual food after a shake. I end up eating something AND the shake :/
Anyone else? Any tips?

And please don't suggest the spinach shake thing, I know some of you do that but it makes me queasy just picturing it.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #407  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugh73 View Post
Hey, I have a question for you guys. I drink the EAS shakes and they don't really fill me up. I always feel like I need to eat some actual food after a shake. I end up eating something AND the shake :/
Anyone else? Any tips?

And please don't suggest the spinach shake thing, I know some of you do that but it makes me queasy just picturing it.
The spinach shake thing sounds awful - but it really does taste good. In fact you don't even taste the spinach. You really should at least try it.

I use the RTD shakes either for breakfast or for my before bed protein snack. I'm not particularly hungry at breakfast, so it is fine then. Ditto before bed. If I drink one at lunch time I always need a salad to go along with it. Lots of lettuce + your 2 cups of veggies.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #408  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
The spinach shake thing sounds awful - but it really does taste good. In fact you don't even taste the spinach. You really should at least try it.

I use the RTD shakes either for breakfast or for my before bed protein snack. I'm not particularly hungry at breakfast, so it is fine then. Ditto before bed. If I drink one at lunch time I always need a salad to go along with it. Lots of lettuce + your 2 cups of veggies.
I know I need to get more veggies in, I just hate almost all the types we're allowed to eat. That's the hardest thing on this diet for me.

Any other shakes make you guys feel full?

Last edited by Ugh73; 06-22-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:58 PM   #409  

S/C/G: Pre 168.2/Pre IP 166/142/130

Height: 5'2.5" (us short people depend on the half inches!)

Quote:
I know I need to get more veggies in, I just hate almost all the types we're allowed to eat. That's the hardest thing on this diet for me.

Any other shakes make you guys feel full?
Keep in mind that for the program to work you need to follow the protocol and that means getting all of the required 4 cups of veggies a day in. Find which ones you do like and stick to them. Hide veggies in things (Spinach smoothie, cauliflower rice, etc...) It isn't just a shake diet.
S
Old 06-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #410  

I didn't think it mattered when you ate the food in the protocol, but for me, it must. I was in an automobile accident Thursday morning. Between the accident, police, emergency room, taking my Mom to her Sister's house (she was in the wreck,too) I didn't get home or have one morsel of food until 5:00pm.

By then I was absolutely famished. I pretty much ate all three meals in about an hour and a half. Then went to bed. Friday morning I was up two pounds and it's taken until this morning to get back to where I was. Needless to say, I won't be doing that again. lol.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #411  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

This is my 6th day and Ive followed the program with the EAS shakes. For breakfast I mix my chocolate shake abd it feels like an extremely filling mocha!
Old 06-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #412  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Anyone else? Any tips?

I'll have cucumber slices sprayed with EVOO and sprinkled w/ Real Salt when I need something extra.

I heard that hot foods help you feel fuller and so I often use soups for lunch to which I add 2 cups of steamed veggies. This is my most typical lunch.

If still hungry, I'll have 2-3 ounces of protein in a salad. For example, I'll make a tuna salad with WF ranch mayo or WF honey dijon mayo and have that on top of a pile of lettuce with cukes and celery. Then I just have a few less ounces of protein at dinner.

Last edited by Chloe222; 06-24-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #413  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Here is something so basic that I hesitated on posting it. But it's so tasty and maybe it would be helpful to some new folks:

I take a plain pancake packet, add water to make it very thin, pour into a frying pan on low heat to make a large crepe. Remove from pan, spread top w/ 1 tsp of coconut oil and sprinkle liberally with (my homemade) cinnamon-splenda mix. Roll up and enjoy!

This was so good that today I had it for breakfast and another for lunch. Ea pancake packet has only 90 cal, 6 carbs (Proti-Diet).

Note some people are sensitive to splenda and coaches advise moderation in using it - I think 5-6 packets total/day or less, and that includes WF usage (not sure but think ea serving of WF would count as 1 packet of splenda). If anyone has better info on that, please advise.

(I alternate EVOO and coconut oil on IP)

Last edited by Chloe222; 06-24-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #414  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
I'll have cucumber slices sprayed with EVOO and sprinkled w/ Real Salt when I need something extra.

I heard that hot foods help you feel fuller and so I often use soups for lunch to which I add 2 cups of steamed veggies. This is my most typical lunch.

If still hungry, I'll have 2-3 ounces of protein in a salad. For example, I'll make a tuna salad with WF ranch mayo or WF honey dijon mayo and have that on top of a pile of lettuce with cukes and celery. Then I just have a few less ounces of protein at dinner.
Yes cucumbers are my go to veggie!
I have some proti diet soups, but it's too hot for soup. Maybe I'll try one at work tomorrow where it's usually cold.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #415  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie View Post
I didn't think it mattered when you ate the food in the protocol, but for me, it must. I was in an automobile accident Thursday morning. Between the accident, police, emergency room, taking my Mom to her Sister's house (she was in the wreck,too) I didn't get home or have one morsel of food until 5:00pm.

By then I was absolutely famished. I pretty much ate all three meals in about an hour and a half. Then went to bed. Friday morning I was up two pounds and it's taken until this morning to get back to where I was. Needless to say, I won't be doing that again. lol.
Sorry about your accident. I also was in a terrible accident in April. I ended up hardly eating at all that day but my weight was up for a few days. I think it was because of the total stress of the whole episode.
So glad you and your mom are OK.
Pat

Last edited by patns; 06-24-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #416  
Start date: 5/17/12

S/C/G: 188/172/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Restricted bars - Alternatives???

If you want to use an alternative bar what is the most fat, carbs, sugars, etc that you should have to make it acceptable? I have been using Pure Protein bars, but only select bars.

Also just place an order with Nashua Nutrition for their Proti-Thin Vanilla Peanut bars, Proti-ThinChocolate soy puffs, and the Proti-Thin Peanut Crisp bars. They all seem pretty comparable to IP, but sometimes I can't get them offline so I would like to figure out what the acceptable amounts are.

Last edited by star2nite; 06-24-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #417  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Sorry about your accident. I also was in a terrible accident in April. I ended up hardly eating at all that day but my weight was up for a few days. I think it was because of the total stress of the whole episode.
So glad you and your mom are OK.
Pat
Thanks, it was stressful, but we will be fine in a week or two. How are you doing from your accident, Pat? I hope no long term effects?

Cyndie
Old 06-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #418  

S/C/G: Pre 168.2/Pre IP 166/142/130

Height: 5'2.5" (us short people depend on the half inches!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie View Post

Cyndie,
Here's hoping you are both ok. Stress increases your bodies levels of Cortisol. Cortisol can hinder your weight loss. As can dehydration. I doubt you got all your water in on that busy day. I would tend to attribute your gain to those two things instead of the food you ingested. You did not ingest 2lbs of food that did not get digested or burned off.
Shawna
Old 06-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #419  

I bought Jillian Michael's Triple Chocolate Whey Protein Shake mix. It's only 7 carbs, 100 calories, no fat and 15 grams of protein. I added a couple of T. WF Caramel SF syrup, eight ounces of water and a cup of ice. I blended it to make a frozen drink and OMG...this must be the most delicious drink ever! I kept going over the label to make sure it's OP 'cause it tastes too good to be legal.

Has anyone else used this? I know it would be better if it had 20 grams of protein instead of 15, but is this good enough for the program?
Old 06-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #420  

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmomof4 View Post
Cyndie,
Here's hoping you are both ok. Stress increases your bodies levels of Cortisol. Cortisol can hinder your weight loss. As can dehydration. I doubt you got all your water in on that busy day. I would tend to attribute your gain to those two things instead of the food you ingested. You did not ingest 2lbs of food that did not get digested or burned off.
Shawna

Shawna, you are right about the water. I was so determined not to have anything that was not OP, but I don't think I had half the water I usually did. Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense. I didn't know about the Cortisol, that's something new I can file away.
Closed Thread