Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Default Newbies, Introduce Yourselves (if you want)

I didn't see a thread like this, so decided to start one where those new to IP or IP on 3FC can introduce themselves.

I started IP using alternatives on Thursaday, 9/6/12. I've been obese since childhood. Every year I would try to lose weight again, but never make it longer than a few months or ~20 pounds, then regain it. I'm in grad school, hoping to finish my PhD by May. I've had a fairly small appetite lately and bern extremely busy, so I haven't had time to cook much or even eat out. So, after seeing how successful you all were with IP, decided to give it a try.

I have been married almost ten years to a wonderful man who is a lactose-intolerant vegetarian, so I've become accustomed to eating lots of carbs. All of my diets in the past have been balanced, so this is quite different for me. I've never used meal replacement products before, so I am feling a bit of loss at that lack of formal meals, like I grew up with. I've always felt meal time was a special time for family to come together. (Watching TV while eating has always felt wrong to me, although we still do it frequently.) I also worry about this diet completely going against the scratch-cooking, local, natural foods lifestyle that is really important to me. Has anyone found it hard to transition to Phase 4 after having stepped away from eating mostly real food? I think the recipe threads and phases 2&3 will be helpful, but I am still a bit worried.

I'm still dealing with the same headache I have had since day 2. I have fibromyalgia, so am not surprised about the headache. But, I am surprised about my joints suddenly being painful. That is really unusual for me, as normally it is my muscles and not joints that are painful. Does anyone else experience that when starting?

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #2  

I am also a new member -- starting today! Nervous about the journey but excited about the prospect of loosing the weight I've put on in my late 20s and through my 30s.

I too am a little cautious of the "engineered" food but then again, I've been putting on weight each year with real and other processed, carb-heavy food. i think my real test will be when I loose it, keeping it off for a good period of time to feel like I've done it...

Last edited by MomofEM; 09-09-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Wuv2bloved just bumped the thread I couldn't find for this purpose, so I am going to copy our posts there and close this thread.
Closed Thread