Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #121  

If the sea salt is white then it has been refined. Which means that it has been stripped of minerals. The label natural just means there are no chemical additives (like for non-clumping). Your best bet would be to get another container from your IP coach or a healthfood store like Whole Foods. You need the minerals and that is the reason IP insists on sea salt.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #122  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crstyne View Post
If the sea salt is white then it has been refined. Which means that it has been stripped of minerals. The label natural just means there are no chemical additives (like for non-clumping). Your best bet would be to get another container from your IP coach or a healthfood store like Whole Foods. You need the minerals and that is the reason IP insists on sea salt.
Thanks. that what I was thinking. Unfortunately, I just checked and the closest Whole Foods is 2 hour+ drive. Don't find much in the rural south. I will order on line. Any suggestions for a particular brand? I know I saw the pink mentioned last night, but there are lots and lots of brands that say they have pink.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #123  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi Cadu, you can see my post above. I am looking at the container and it looks like they've probably refined the minerals out. The ingrediets are sea salt, calcium silicate, dextrose, potassium iodine.

I think I might be better saving this for putting on sidewalks if it ever freezes here in the South.
hahahahha Wingnut, yea I guess I have to make a trip to whole foods.
Thanks
Old 03-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 225.8/198.8/140

Height: 5'6

Just love this board, helps keep me honest and motivated. Went out for dinner for the first time on this plan - I was fretting about it for days! I have low impulse control and often sabotage myself instead of supporting myself. I had a 10oz steak and two shrimps with veggies! I was stuffed. My coach told me we can have 10oz of protein a day - but,on. Here I have never seen anyone mention it. So I went over as I also had 3 oz of port e in earlier in the day but I did not have my third IP package. Hope that'll balance out - what do you guys think?
Old 03-04-2012, 10:42 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 238/203.2/140

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyqxxxx View Post
Great job everyone on the nsv and loses...
Just have to share my little victory...i started at 232, and my mini goal was once i got to the one hundreds, i was gonna order a pizza, well weigh in today was 198.8, was so excited rushed home to tell my boyfriend,.it`s pizza nite....but he talked me out of , said i haven`t cheated since i started which was jan 4th, so we just BBQed steak and had tossed salad, so rewarding...have a great well , keep up the loses
Congrats on your numbers, lady -- it's super inspiring to me that you've hit the 100s after just two months -- way to go! But the thing I love best about your post is how totally supportive your boyfriend is! I'm totally a 'celebrate with food kind of girl' (hmmm, maybe that's why I'm here, huh? ) so it's so wonderful to have someone in your life who can remind of you of how well you're doing and encourage you to keep going. Love it!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanym View Post
TMI alert!!! Skip this post now if needed!

So am I the only one experiencing horrific gas while on the IP plan? I previously ate lots of veggies and lots of fiber prior to IP with no explosive impact at all. Then I switched to IP, and I am now concerned that my house may become a combustion chamber should any sparks fly! I am obviously sensitive to something, though I don't know if it is the soy, the sweetener, or what.

Thank goodness I am single, and I plan on staying that way until this passes (pun intended). And I am very greatful I work at home! I can't even imagine the fear of letting something "slip" in the company of anyone else!

Any advice or commiserating is appreciated!
Are you eating the bars, or even the stride gum or mints? Check for sugar alcohol in the ingredient (malitol, etc). It can cause gas for some people. I was using the pure protein bars for a bit and it killed me. So gross my kids wouldn't come near me! Once I stopped it all resolved. Otherwise ip has solved most of my gi issues.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone is having a good weekend. The weather is nice here today and am looking forward to spending some time in the sunshine!
Stay 100% OP and have a great day!
Old 03-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 132/124.6/110

Height: 5'4

Yesterday I attended my nephews birthday dinner and I planned to just have salad and whatever meat was being served. When I got there, the salad was already dressed (with God knows what!) and had tons of nuts, seeds, cranberries etc. and the chicken was breaded! Even the asparagus had butter. I was famished and I ended up eating a chicken cutlet and some dressed salad (while avoiding the nuts). Unfortunately, I checked on the strips and it knocked me out of ketosis. I'm so upset with myself. I know many of you have had situations like this and understand the feeling. I'm just venting because I'm so disgusted with myself. Well, I woke up this morning and am committed to being 100% OP immediately. Hopefully it won't result in too much of a set back. :/
Old 03-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #129  
ms.lisa

S/C/G: 256/158/140

Height: 5'1"

yayyyy me. i did it.......
Old 03-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 232.5/199/130

Hey everyone! I hope you are all enjoying your weekend! Week 4 starts tomorrow for me! I don't know what it is about Saturdays but I crave everything!!! I cheated the other night and had 2 nacho chips. I felt so so guilty afterwards!!! :P This diet is harder than I thought it would be!
*My multi vit. are getting low but my next appointment isn't until March 21. I will be running out before then. Can we buy alternative vitamns at walmart or superstore? Help is appreciated!
Old 03-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #131  

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyqxxxx View Post
Great job everyone on the nsv and loses...
Just have to share my little victory...i started at 232, and my mini goal was once i got to the one hundreds, i was gonna order a pizza, well weigh in today was 198.8, was so excited rushed home to tell my boyfriend,.it`s pizza nite....but he talked me out of , said i haven`t cheated since i started which was jan 4th, so we just BBQed steak and had tossed salad, so rewarding...have a great well , keep up the loses
GREAT JOB!!! Isn't it amazing how our "treats" change? Way to go, staying OP!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I am glad you were able to get useful information from it. I try to stay on top of all the questions like that to help out when I can.

Just got back from my THIRD date....lol....Never going to guess what we did....hahaha.....he invited me over to watch a movie but we played Wii tennis for about 2 hours first...I kicked his booty!!...hahaha....then we watched the Smurfs....really cute movie....I really enjoyed myself, I think he did as well....and on 8th we are going to a Hockey game....GO ME!.....lol
GO ME is right! Go Wuv!!! That is awesome that you're having so much fun on your dates!!! That's what it's all about right? Having fun!!!! So exciting!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #133  

Quote:
Originally Posted by matolmama View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #134  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I am glad you were able to get useful information from it. I try to stay on top of all the questions like that to help out when I can.

Just got back from my THIRD date....lol....Never going to guess what we did....hahaha.....he invited me over to watch a movie but we played Wii tennis for about 2 hours first...I kicked his booty!!...hahaha....then we watched the Smurfs....really cute movie....I really enjoyed myself, I think he did as well....and on 8th we are going to a Hockey game....GO ME!.....lol
Soo happy for you
Old 03-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #135  

Quote:
Originally Posted by matolmama View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is an amazing loss!!!!! You must feel sooo great! Thanks for posting and inspiring all of us!!! I would love to see some before and after pics!!!
Closed Thread