Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Fun weekend at our house... My
Sons last hockey tournament of the year!! Won 1- lost 1 and play tomorrow am- he's only 5 and is having a blast NSV- not devouring the pizza we ordered for supper... Instead I had baked chicken breast with lemon and rosemary, roasted asparagus and popcorn cauliflower (my new favorite!!) and you know what?? My meal was far better that delivery pizza- and I felt better after and i'll feel better for resisting next week on WI day!! NSV # 2only on day 11... Already fit into jeans I haven't worn since last summer... Yeah!!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #107  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
But if I were American I would do IdealtoGo for sure. We can't do that in Canada. The IP products are very good and the recipes your coach doesn't like make the program so much more fun. I make them with alternative products but they don't work as well, acceptable but sure different.

Actually I wouldn't even wait for another week, I try to see if you can join that right away. They may not let you because there is a clinic in your area, I'd tell them I travel a lot or something.
Actually they didn't even ask where I was located. I contacted Teri at Ourhealthcoop.com (my fav supplement source) because I knew she had done the program, and she was able to sign me up for the program...no questions asked. Then I was contacted by Ideal To Go, and started ordering....it was SUPER easy. I just place my order online, though you do have to pay shipping.

I have started using some alternatives as well, and just order what I need from ITG with zero hassle!

Editing to add: Let me know if anyone needs any contact info!

Last edited by bethanym; 03-03-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #108  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

while some are loving the cereal - I am loving the mushpotatoes, it is so good!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:47 PM   #109  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

TMI alert!!! Skip this post now if needed!

So am I the only one experiencing horrific gas while on the IP plan? I previously ate lots of veggies and lots of fiber prior to IP with no explosive impact at all. Then I switched to IP, and I am now concerned that my house may become a combustion chamber should any sparks fly! I am obviously sensitive to something, though I don't know if it is the soy, the sweetener, or what.

Thank goodness I am single, and I plan on staying that way until this passes (pun intended). And I am very greatful I work at home! I can't even imagine the fear of letting something "slip" in the company of anyone else!

Any advice or commiserating is appreciated!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #110  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 234/234/150

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey36 View Post
Fun weekend at our house... My
Sons last hockey tournament of the year!! Won 1- lost 1 and play tomorrow am- he's only 5 and is having a blast NSV- not devouring the pizza we ordered for supper... Instead I had baked chicken breast with lemon and rosemary, roasted asparagus and popcorn cauliflower (my new favorite!!) and you know what?? My meal was far better that delivery pizza- and I felt better after and i'll feel better for resisting next week on WI day!! NSV # 2only on day 11... Already fit into jeans I haven't worn since last summer... Yeah!!
Great job on your NSV's!! Isn't is a great feeling when you can fit into clothes that you haven't worn for awhile? I find that trying on clothes is better than stepping on the scale. Have a great weekend and good luck on the rest of the Hockey Tourney.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:48 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 191.4/141.2/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanym View Post

So am I the only one experiencing horrific gas while on the IP plan? I previously ate lots of veggies and lots of fiber prior to IP with no explosive impact at all. Then I switched to IP, and I am now concerned that my house may become a combustion chamber should any sparks fly! I am obviously sensitive to something, though I don't know if it is the soy, the sweetener, or what.

Thank goodness I am single, and I plan on staying that way until this passes (pun intended). And I am very greatful I work at home! I can't even imagine the fear of letting something "slip" in the company of anyone else!

Any advice or commiserating is appreciated!
No advice here but I wonder what is worse gas or the BIG C, because the BIG C is making me feel horrible. Even metamucil isn't helping...
Old 03-04-2012, 02:19 AM   #112  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by des1187 View Post
Thanks, you're the best! That file is so helpful!!
I am glad you were able to get useful information from it. I try to stay on top of all the questions like that to help out when I can.

Just got back from my THIRD date....lol....Never going to guess what we did....hahaha.....he invited me over to watch a movie but we played Wii tennis for about 2 hours first...I kicked his booty!!...hahaha....then we watched the Smurfs....really cute movie....I really enjoyed myself, I think he did as well....and on 8th we are going to a Hockey game....GO ME!.....lol
Old 03-04-2012, 02:29 AM   #113  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I am glad you were able to get useful information from it. I try to stay on top of all the questions like that to help out when I can.

Just got back from my THIRD date....lol....Never going to guess what we did....hahaha.....he invited me over to watch a movie but we played Wii tennis for about 2 hours first...I kicked his booty!!...hahaha....then we watched the Smurfs....really cute movie....I really enjoyed myself, I think he did as well....and on 8th we are going to a Hockey game....GO ME!.....lol
wii
Old 03-04-2012, 06:55 AM   #114  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crstyne View Post
We are a chiropractic office as well so I can totally understand you not wanting to jeopardize your relationship with your doc! Obviously the reason people are dropping off is because of the coach and IP will notice that they aren't ordering product, etc. so hopefully it will get fixed for you. I admire you for sticking with the plan despite the struggle with your coach! IP offices are opening all the time so if things don't get better keep checking to see if another office has moved in close to you. The program really does work but like anything else it isn't always easy and although you may not have an encouraging coach you have all the wonderful people on here to root for you!
Hi Crstyne:
Since you are a coach, do you know the answer to Le506's question about what sea salt to buy? I would also like to know this thanks.

Originally Posted by le506

calling all know-it-alls (in the most flattering way possible )
I'm out of salt from my beginner pack and was wondering what exactly I'm searching for in its replacement...

sea salt that is iodized?
Old 03-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #115  

Sea salt is NOT iodized although there are negligible amounts of iodine in sea salt. Sea salt contains 92 trace minerals versus table salt which is refined to the point of only containing 2 minerals (3 if iodine is added). True sea salt is NEVER white - for example it can be grey, pink, red or black. As a side note some Chiropractors and Naturopaths may recommend iodine tablets or kelp supplements for low functioning thyroid patients.

Last edited by Crstyne; 03-04-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #116  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Sea salt is NOT iodized although there are negligible amounts of iodine in sea salt. Sea salt contains 92 trace minerals versus table salt which is refined to the point of only containing 2 minerals (3 if iodine is added). True sea salt is NEVER white - for example it can be grey, pink, red or black. As a side note some Chiropractors and Naturopaths may recommend iodine tablets or kelp supplements for low functioning thyroid patients.
Thanks for your reply. I am just trying to figure out what kind to buy. I have run in to mortons natural sea salt at the grocery. It says it is 100% natural is this ok?
Thanks for your help.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanym View Post

when did you start?
I was the same way for the first 2 weeks and then (THANK GOODNESS) it passed
I told my coach and she laughed, said it wasn't common but it wasn't the first time she'd heard it...
Old 03-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #118  
started IP 01/03/2012

S/C/G: 238/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyqxxxx View Post
Great job everyone on the nsv and loses...
Just have to share my little victory...i started at 232, and my mini goal was once i got to the one hundreds, i was gonna order a pizza, well weigh in today was 198.8, was so excited rushed home to tell my boyfriend,.it`s pizza nite....but he talked me out of , said i haven`t cheated since i started which was jan 4th, so we just BBQed steak and had tossed salad, so rewarding...have a great well , keep up the loses
Yay, great job on the resistance and congrats on making it to "onederland" Keep up the good work
Old 03-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #119  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Your statement above about sea salt not being iodized and never white has me confused. On my first shopping trip to prepare for the diet a few weeks ago, not knowing a thing about sea salt, I picked up Morton Iodized sea salt. It is white and looks like regular table salt. Their motto on the back is "Made by Nature... Packaged by Morton." It goes on to say, "Morton all purpose Iodized Seal Salt is created in the sparkling waters off the pacific and packaged in the USA."

I had no idea they would give you a little container of sea salt in the beginner pack and I was trying to be proactive and ready to start the diet with everything I would need.

Does anyone know if this is good or bad or what?
Old 03-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #120  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Thanks for your reply. I am just trying to figure out what kind to buy. I have run in to mortons natural sea salt at the grocery. It says it is 100% natural is this ok?
Thanks for your help.
Hi Cadu, you can see my post above. I am looking at the container and it looks like they've probably refined the minerals out. The ingrediets are sea salt, calcium silicate, dextrose, potassium iodine.

I think I might be better saving this for putting on sidewalks if it ever freezes here in the South.

Last edited by WingnutandMe; 03-04-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Closed Thread