Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Third date....same guy

That's great! Plus will you post a new pic with the new 'do?
Old 03-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marci3230 View Post
Then she asked me why IP chocolate. Drink mix is unrestricted considering it has 9 cards, Does anyone know?
That is true. but since it is not on the restricted list on the protocol sheet it is not a restricted. Must be something to do with other nutrients in it.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Thank you. It's been a great exercise, I highly recommend it. I don't think we are aware of how far we have come sometimes on this diet and how many things we have gone through, some good, some not so good and some great. I regret not starting it early on but I didn't want to jinx things. In the past I would get all gung ho about something and then it would just peter out or fizzle. Much ado about nuthin'.

My jars at home are finally looking almost even. That is exciting. My home jars have my full goal weight. You must do the jars. Once you hear that clink it will really motivate you. I think that is important early on in this diet. A bit later trying on clothes motivates you. We need different things at different times. These days it's going to the bathroom.

I had 2 good bathroom days and today we even got ComicCon tickets. So my inner geek is stoked.
Jars? Marbles? What to do? How to do it? I am all about motivational tools to keep me on the straight and narrow .

Please tell me about the jars/vases!

Thanks!!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 238/203.2/140

Height: 5' 2.5"

So much to celebrate -- so many great losses and NS victories this week! And now I've got a great recipe for rhubarb crisp, too? Awesome.

Thanks for all inspiration, folks!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Jars? Marbles? What to do? How to do it? I am all about motivational tools to keep me on the straight and narrow .

Thanks!!
2 jars or vases (one is pounds to go, one is pounds lost) fill withe the appropriate amount of marbles and move one marble from one into the other for every pound lost!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Well, back from my WI only 1lb and only 2 inches. UGGGGG! I know I am whinning but dang it, I have alwasy been 100%OP.
Got talked into the Novi cleanse, and yea that's gonna help my wallet.
I don't get, really I don't.
Good news my diet buddy lost 8lbs! She is into the 200's which I am so happy for.
Yall be blessed!

Ducksby,

Your body is probably just regulating itself to the new weight. I'm guessing in the next week you'll be down your usual amount if not more. This is really an adventure and if you've been 100% OP, your body will give up the weight when its ready and its healthy to do it, so trust your body. The human body is miraculous in its self regulating capability!

(I know its frustrating though)
Old 03-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
2 jars or vases (one is pounds to go, one is pounds lost) fill withe the appropriate amount of marbles and move one marble from one into the other for every pound lost!
Thank you, will do that this weekend!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #53  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Quote:
Mini goal #3 today - 138
Whew.

That's it for mini-goals until I hit my current goal goal.
Started drinking tea in the evening. Wonder if that helped.

Yesterday night I had a dream that DH had a big weight loss. It was so real to me that I was convinced he woke in the middle of the night and got on the scale. I told him and when he got on the scale he was down 2 lbs. He never loses that much in 1 swoop.

We are now down 66 lbs collectively. 66 lbs in 66 days.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Yay congratulations!!!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #54  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Quote:
Third date....same guy
Wahoo!!!! Oh Wuv, I'm so proud of you and all the good things life is bringing your way. You're making up for lost time and really are GOING places! Can't wait to see a picture of the new 'do!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #55  

NSV!!
Today I fit in size 12 jeans! of course, have a largish sweatshirt on since the fit isn't all that attractive, but the jeans are zipped up and not uncomfortable!

The scale isn't really moving but wearing these jeans is great!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #56  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post

Thanks!!
WL Glass 1.jpg
WL Glass 2.jpg

These are the ones I made for DH. You can take any glass or vase you have on hand. He chose these glass marbles himself. And he takes 2 out every time he loses a pound. When I am down here I hear the clink in the morning and I run upstairs to see how he did.

Because I used to be a Michael's addict, I bought stickers and all kinds of things. Not necessary. But, decorate to your creative heart's desire. It really helps. Also, after I started I found much simpler and cheaper items at Walmart.

The first time you do it, it is pretty powerful because you see how far you have already come in a short time. One of the women I took inspiration from used "diamonds" in an interesting way. I thought about using one large one for every 10 lbs. So, when I saw the small diamonds at Michaels, I used that. Very pretty and blingy for me.

Take a look at Wuv's pictures a page or two back. She uses different shaped jars. Now, some women do that to represent their old shape and new shape. It's part of why I used curved vases for myself.

Wuv posted the jars early this year and some started making them and many of us followed. Also, as an additional motivator Wuv created a collage. I have not gotten around to do that one yet but I need to. I just haven't been taking pictures of this diet.

Just remember that two stones means more clinking. All depends on what you like.

Happy clinking.

Oh, this is our collective jar. It will remain on our dresser as a testament to our success. You can see it is much less blingy.

WL Collective.jpg

Last edited by purple sky; 03-03-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #57  
professor hardy harr!

Height: 5"1.5 (don't forget the .5)

happy weekend yall

productive day, house is clean, dishes are done and the dog is walked. \i hope everyone else is having a great day too

Quote:
Third date....same guy
3ed date!!! u know what that means, better shave teeheee
Old 03-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #58  

Quote:
Attachment 41668
Attachment 41669

These are the ones I made for DH. You can take any glass or vase you have on hand. He chose these glass marbles himself. And he takes 2 out every time he loses a pound. When I am down here I hear the clink in the morning and I run upstairs to see how he did.

Because I used to be a Michael's addict, I bought stickers and all kinds of things. Not necessary. But, decorate to your creative heart's desire. It really helps. Also, after I started I found much simpler and cheaper items at Walmart.

The first time you do it, it is pretty powerful because you see how far you have already come in a short time. One of the women I took inspiration from used "diamonds" in an interesting way. I thought about using one large one for every 10 lbs. So, when I saw the small diamonds at Michaels, I used that. Very pretty and blingy for me.

Take a look at Wuv's pictures a page or two back. She uses different shaped jars. Now, some women do that to represent their old shape and new shape. It's part of why I used curved vases for myself.

Wuv posted the jars early this year and some started making them and many of us followed. Also, as an additional motivator Wuv created a collage. I have not gotten around to do that one yet but I need to. I just haven't been taking pictures of this diet.

Just remember that two stones means more clinking. All depends on what you like.

Happy clinking.
Thanks! Think I'll use 2 for each pound since my scale reports in half pound increments. Lovely jars you have!
Old 03-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #59  

S/C/G: Starting 180 - going for 150

Height: 5'6"

Default New IP Member - First time poster

I'm on my 2nd day of IP; going easier than first; of course I drank extra wine the night before I started so as not to miss it too much. That might have helped account for my tough first day. I had no cheat on my first day, and my 2nd day I screwed up and ate 2 of the proteins from which you can only have one per day. Oh well, forgive myself and move on....I'm going for a relaxed walk in a bit so maybe that will help.

I love your ideas. If I don't follow any protocols, don't hesitate to set me in line. I sure hope I can be successful at this.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 263/213.5/150

Height: 5' 5"

This just gets easier and easier! Just ordered some oatmeal and bough rhubarb for that crisp...can't wait to see how that turns out.
The idea for the jars is wonderful--always looking for an excuse to go to the craft store.
Closed Thread