Old 02-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #1  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Default Hello, I am new

Hi
I am starting IP tomorrow. I went to my consult tonight and picked up my food and am highly motivated to start. I am very excited but nervous at the same time. I am just so afraid to fail again. I know I need to change that attitude, it's just that I have failed at this so many times before. My chiro/ coach told me " if I stick to this I am guaranteed to lose" so I am going 100%.

I was going to start this on 1/1/12 but on 12/23/11 my firm closed and I found myself on unemployment. Finances are ok now so I am ready.

I did continue to read these boards and I find you all so inspirational that I couldnt wait to do it. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Carol
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Hi
I am starting IP tomorrow. I went to my consult tonight and picked up my food and am highly motivated to start. I am very excited but nervous at the same time. I am just so afraid to fail again. I know I need to change that attitude, it's just that I have failed at this so many times before. My chiro/ coach told me " if I stick to this I am guaranteed to lose" so I am going 100%.

I was going to start this on 1/1/12 but on 12/23/11 my firm closed and I found myself on unemployment. Finances are ok now so I am ready.

I did continue to read these boards and I find you all so inspirational that I couldnt wait to do it. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Carol
Welcome aboard ! After the first few days (which can be rough) you are going to discover that this is a great plan. I will be starting my 7th week and I am proud to say that I haven't cheated once, I honestly am not hungry and don't have the cravings I used to get on other plans.

The people on this site are awesome and I faithfully read the posts everynight. It is like having your own personal cheerleading team !

Good Luck !

Tammy
Tammywhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #3  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Quote:
Hi

Carol

Welcome Carol!! I have only been on program for a little over a week and I have learned so much from this site!! The group of folks on here are just amazing and so supportive!! Good luck and welcome!!
Kellym1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/182/150

Welcome . I have been on the ideal protein for 5wks and I have lost 23.6 lbs. It is a great food plan in which I do a 100 percent. This website is wonderful. The support and recipes are fantastic. I have stayed strong due to the wonderful people before me . Thank you. Nancy G from Cape Cod
Ng951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #5  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Spend time on this board in the early days of your diet, especially the daily threads.

If you get bored with the packets, try out some of the recipe threads.
Here is Finn's.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...x-finland.html
His recipes are amazing.
Our tastes change a lot on this diet. I was bored with packets early on but now I am fine with them.

There are others.

Keep salt around. Remember the salt trick if headaches hit.

Cut or prep extra veggies and maybe even extra meat. I found in the early days sometimes I was just too tired to cook let alone deal with cleaning the kitchen.

Egg whites are good if hunger hits.
Whole eggs are good if you are too full and want to get your protein in. I believe it is 2-3 eggs for your meat requirement. Maybe just 2.

There is some different information on measurements for food but I measure 2 cups raw for veggies and 5 to 8 oz cooked for meat. I usually don't eat a full 8 oz of meat so I don't worry. Some veggies cook down a lot. Lean meats less so.

Cravings don't ever really go away. They just decrease a lot so if you can reduce temptations for at least a week, it might be helpful.

You can have 1 restricted a day.

Now, these are my general suggestions. Since you have been on the board, you probably know coaches different on a lot of these things. It can be confusing.

Spinach counts a veggie. Lettuce does not. But, you can have all you want if you are hungry or want more roughage (sp?).

Don't forget your oil amt. Roughage and oil help with elimination. I don't want to be more graphic.

Come to the board for support, especially emotionally. This diet can mess with hormones.

And most importantly, yayyyyyyyyyy you. In a month or maybe next week you will be all kinds of happy.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/181/145

Height: 5'5

Hello, welcome aboard, i'm also new to IP. Started 2/6/12 on the program. My first WI I lost 4.2 pounds and 9". Excited for you and your journey.
slcrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #7  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Thanks to you all for all your kind words and for being so welcoming :-)
Purple Sky Thank you so much for all the great tips.
I will be seeing you around.. the boards.

Carol
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 227/224/135

Height: 5.8

Hello everybody,

I am new here too. It is my 3 day on IP. Since my finance are not in the good condition, I am doing an alternative products. So far I lost 4LB, very happy of my result. The only things are I have no energy and have very bad headache for the last 3 days, which does not rally go away. Did anybody experienced headaches? After how many days they went away?
ekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:39 AM   #9  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Your body is detoxing causing the headaches...put 1/4tsp of sea salt in the palm of your hand and lick it then drink water. Within 15 mins your headache should be gone.

Welcome to the both of you!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:48 AM   #10  
Started IP Feb. 7, 2012

S/C/G: 230.4/218/148

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Hi

Carol
From one Newbie to another...welcome! I'm on Day 9.

Last edited by Slimrme1; 02-16-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Slimrme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 227/224/135

Height: 5.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Your body is detoxing causing the headaches...put 1/4tsp of sea salt in the palm of your hand and lick it then drink water. Within 15 mins your headache should be gone.

Welcome to the both of you!

Thank you so much, I will do it.
ekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellym1021 View Post

Welcome Carol!! I have only been on program for a little over a week and I have learned so much from this site!! The group of folks on here are just amazing and so supportive!! Good luck and welcome!!
Congrats on your weight loss Kellym on your countdown ticker!!! I have just finished week 1 and go for my WI today. Know the weight loss will not be that high, but I will take any!! I am having a hard time with the veggies. 2 cups a meals is tough if you do not normally do it, but I am doing it, and not cheating!! Hooray for you!!
parislady40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #13  
restart 1/14/13

S/C/G: 210/208/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekat View Post
Hello everybody,

I am new here too. It is my 3 day on IP. Since my finance are not in the good condition, I am doing an alternative products. So far I lost 4LB, very happy of my result. The only things are I have no energy and have very bad headache for the last 3 days, which does not rally go away. Did anybody experienced headaches? After how many days they went away?
Welcome! I am in the same place financially, just curious which alternative products you're using and getting such good results?
Patty17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

So excited! Had my first WI and lost 5 pounds!! It really does help when you see all the numbers. I know I am just beginning, but I will celebrate pounds and fat lost, as I am sure this will help when I do not do as well. Thanks for your support!!!
parislady40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 231/185/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Hi

Carol
Good luck! This program works if you let it. Don't over thinkg things and listen to your coach. This website is amazing and full of wonderful tips, tricks and encouragement. After my first visit with my coach, I didn't think all the things she said would be possible, but 13 weeks in 100% OP, she was right! I love Ideal Protein, it really is life changing if you are ready.
Shayideal is offline   Reply With Quote