Old 03-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #136  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by matolmama View Post
yayyyy me. i did it.......
Yayyyy....

I think you are the first person I have seen since I started that hit goal. This is really exciting.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #137  
Started IP Jan 14/12

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Woo hoo Well Done You!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #138  
Started IP 12/30/11

Real Salt is the product I got from IP. I find this to be quiet tasty and I am surprised since I don't like salt.
http://www.realsalt.com/
http://www.realsalt.com/locations/

I buy it at Sprouts (health food grocer like Whole Paycheck)

I use Sea Salt Crystals and Pink Himalayan Salt Crystals. I find these at Trader Joes and I like them because they have a grinder attached. I cook with the TJ's sea salt and add the IP Sea Salt to my food once prepared. It seems to enhance taste nicely. I worry about things tasting too salty since I don't like salt.

I just saw on the Real Salt site that they have a cutey patooty travel size.
http://www.redmondtrading.com/produc...pocket-shaker/

Watch prices for these items. I have seen some ridiculous prices online and other places. It's salt. Not as cheap as the good old Morton's Table Salt but it shouldn't be more than a few dollars.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #139  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Real Salt is the product I got from IP. I find this to be quiet tasty and I am surprised since I don't like salt.

I use Sea Salt Crystals and Pink Himalayan Salt Crystals. I find these at Trader Joes and I like them because they have a grinder attached. I cook with the TJ's sea salt and add the IP Sea Salt to my food once prepared. It seems to enhance taste nicely. I worry about things tasting too salty since I don't like salt.

Watch prices for these items. I have seen some ridiculous prices online and other places. It's salt. Not as cheap as the good old Morton's Table Salt but it shouldn't be more than a few dollars.
Thanks, purple sky
I got one of Real Salt's travel size in my beginner kit. I have it at work for use there.

Since I live in the rural South, hundreds of miles from cool places like Whole Foods and Trader Joe's, I spent too long and got into "analysis paralysis" this morning over researching sea salt and prices online. But, I ended up ordering from Salt Works (www.saltworks.us). They have an unbelievable variety of gourmet salts. They have a free shipping special and also have a super bath salt variety pack. I owe my best friend a Christmas and a birthday present and she is a bath salt freak. Free shipping on 20# of salt was worth while.

Thanks again.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #140  
TexasGirl

S/C/G: 173.7/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Congratulations - that is amazing!!! You should be so proud of yourself and this huge accomplishment.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #141  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post

Thanks Purple Sky. Actuallty, I have a health food store right up the street which I never stepped foot into until this morning and they had the Real salt. It was a big container for 3 bucks. They also had the Pink Himalayan Salt Crystals with grinder. I was tempted to try that but I didnt get it.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #142  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanym View Post
TMI alert!!! Skip this post now if needed!

So am I the only one experiencing horrific gas while on the IP plan? I previously ate lots of veggies and lots of fiber prior to IP with no explosive impact at all. Then I switched to IP, and I am now concerned that my house may become a combustion chamber should any sparks fly! I am obviously sensitive to something, though I don't know if it is the soy, the sweetener, or what.

Thank goodness I am single, and I plan on staying that way until this passes (pun intended). And I am very greatful I work at home! I can't even imagine the fear of letting something "slip" in the company of anyone else!

Any advice or commiserating is appreciated!
This is usually a sign that things aren't moving as well as they should in your intestinal tract and therefore the gas is allowed to build up. For me, it works best to use a stool softener or a laxative to keep things moving along at the speed they should. Good luck!
Old 03-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 156/146/120

Height: 4'11"

Cool Non restricted pancakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Try the rice crispy cereal as a pancake....non restricted goodness!
I am new to IP...first week, followed without flaw and lost 5.6 lbs while on my period, so I thought that was great. The second week, I was on vaca for 4 of the days, so as much as we ate out, I tried to just eat a protein, and salad, or protein and veggies for dinner. I even had 3 low carb beers while on vaca I only lost 2 lbs this weigh in. I am starting my 3rd week now, and looking to stick to it!! I would love ideas for lunch...i am already sick of salads......

I am also interested in learning how to make pancakes out of the cereal. Where can I find that recipe?
Old 03-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #144  

S/C/G: s176.5/c160/g130

Height: 5'3

Wuv: thanks for the pep talk re: staying op during a night out with friends. I did it. Had a steak, with salad no dressing and drank water all night . Congrats on the date, you know what third dates are all about ( wink wink, nudge nudge). Actually I don't know, I've been married too long lol.

My first NSV my sister took me clothes shopping and I bought my first medium. Granted its a crocheted cardigan but I'll take it!

Looking for technical help. I've posted my pic as an avi 3 times and it's not showing up. What am I doing wrong?
Old 03-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #145  
Started IP 12/30/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Thanks, purple sky
I got one of Real Salt's travel size in my beginner kit. I have it at work for use there.

Since I live in the rural South, hundreds of miles from cool places like Whole Foods and Trader Joe's, I spent too long and got into "analysis paralysis" this morning over researching sea salt and prices online. But, I ended up ordering from Salt Works (www.saltworks.us). They have an unbelievable variety of gourmet salts. They have a free shipping special and also have a super bath salt variety pack. I owe my best friend a Christmas and a birthday present and she is a bath salt freak. Free shipping on 20# of salt was worth while.

Thanks again.
I was eying the flavored salts. Mmmm. Ordered some recently. I like them for eggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Thanks Purple Sky. Actuallty, I have a health food store right up the street which I never stepped foot into until this morning and they had the Real salt. It was a big container for 3 bucks. They also had the Pink Himalayan Salt Crystals with grinder. I was tempted to try that but I didnt get it.
I really like the Pink Himalayan. I used to use that all the time. Good for you. For cooking, I like the grinders. Don't know why. Makes it more fun. I guess it's because I use a pepper mill. But, Trader Joes has good prices on items like that. Their selection is low.

Glad you found your health food store. If the prices are good, it is also a good place to find Stevia (liquid flavored), maybe Walden Farms products and other things often mentioned on this site. Oh and that Spry gum I believe we are allowed to have. I have not been able to find Miracle Noodles but have gotten good deals on Amazon. I buy many spices bulk at my store. Cheaper.

Salt is pretty powerful. Mineral rich. I had to add it back to my diet once I learned that. Especially Himalayan Crystal Salt.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #146  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffernutter View Post
Wuv: thanks for the pep talk re: staying op during a night out with friends. I did it. Had a steak, with salad no dressing and drank water all night . Congrats on the date, you know what third dates are all about ( wink wink, nudge nudge). Actually I don't know, I've been married too long lol.

My first NSV my sister took me clothes shopping and I bought my first medium. Granted its a crocheted cardigan but I'll take it!

Looking for technical help. I've posted my pic as an avi 3 times and it's not showing up. What am I doing wrong?
HAHAHA.....I haven't "dated" in over 3 years so this is ALL NEW TO ME!....but I did get a text this morning asking if he could see me before Thursday....lol...he is so sweet and polite, so of course I said sure. He said Oh by the way I also bought another controller for the Wii so now we can play tennis!!...I don't think I have told y'all but after our Second Date, he stopped and joined a GYM!....lol....so we will get exercise while playing Tennis on the Wii....I told him he could come over one day and we could play Wii fit...he laughed and said ummmm You would so kick my azz in that....lol...I said YOU KNOW It....Woke up this morning feeling SKINNY!!....when I looked in the mirror it looked like I had loss 20lbs over night!...so of course I had to snap a new avatar Pic for March with the new Hair style that I LOVE!!...its a beautiful day out, when my son gets off of work we are going for a bike ride......WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Salt ladies (the women looking for the "right" salt)
I just found the Pink Himalayan Sea Salt in the grinder at Target
Old 03-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
YAY!!!! well done
Old 03-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I strongly recommend trying the soups and finding a way to e joy one. I add sherry vinegar, herbs and mushrooms to the mushroom soup and it is delicious.

I also add mashed cauliflower and curry powder to the chicken. Also good.

I find a soup and salad combo fills me at lunch and seems most "normal". The omlette is also filling and can be microwaved.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #150  
Started IP 12/30/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
.Woke up this morning feeling SKINNY!!....
And you look it....Wow!

Congrats on dating a good guy.

Love the new hair. Love, love it.
Closed Thread