Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 01:38 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 2/18 - Sun 2/19

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 02-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #2  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Saturday!!

Starting day 3 and I am happy to report that I did not wake up with a head ache. yaaaaaaay.

Have a wonderful day everyone
Old 02-18-2012, 07:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

No headache is a Definate bonus for Saturday am! I am starting Ip on Wednesday. Very excited to see where this journey takes me but nervous about the first couple weeks! It's nice to follow others who are just starting & also all those with amazing success- fantastic motivator!! Have a great weekend!
Old 02-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/181/145

Height: 5'5

Goode Morning everyone, Just hanging out with my daughter today. Working on a few of the housework that needs to get done. I think I may even paint my room today. I bought the paint 3 days ago, lol still haven't got around to it. Suppose today is the day.

Well looking into the cookbook (Chef Verati) for some recipes I can try. Some recipes call for Walden Farms products. Suppose I need to find walden farms, Walmart has NOTHING.

2/6 WI - 191.4 (DAY1)
WI #1 -4.2, WI #2

Old 02-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #5  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Happy Saturday Everyone!
Going for my WI today. Can't wait to see what happened this week! Big snow storm called for tomarrow..... Usually cook during a storm.... Praying I can keep OP! Best of luck to you guys today! Stay strong cause baby your worth it!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #6  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Hope everyone has a great OP weekend!!!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 340/333/225

Height: 5'9"

Have a great weekend! Woke up this morning and finally did it...259.8!!!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 182/178/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Happy Saturday!!

Starting day 3 and I am happy to report that I did not wake up with a head ache. yaaaaaaay.

Have a wonderful day everyone
Yah! That is a good way to start the weekend!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Congrats Shanco!

My husband is taking me out to dinner tonight for our anniversary. When I first started, 5 weeks ago, he asked me if this plan allowed me to have one night off so I could "enjoy" myself. I said, well, I could but it would set me back for about a week and it would be a waste of money, plus, physically just not worth it! So, can you guess what I am going to do? Stay 100% ON PLAN tonight at our dinner! It is a surprise as to where we are going. He even wants to blindfold me. LOL! I will stay OP and STILL ENJOY myself because what is worth it to me is the time spent with him, not the food.

I have lost 25lbs in 5 weeks and I don't want to mess it up!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #10  
restart 1/14/13

S/C/G: 210/208/170

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning all you IPers! Feeling good. Major challenge tonight, going to dinner at a German restaurant tonight with my sister and Fiancee. Way too many temptations! But in life there will always be challenges. It's how you handle them that makes the differences! Wish me luck...
Old 02-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 225.8/198.8/140

Height: 5'6

I've been IP since Monday and I've done a lot better than I thought I would! I have the willpower of a spaghetti! I'm determined this time as I want to lose over 70lbs! I do,still get hungry - I made some small mistakes in the first week, did not realize you could not have onions so had probably 1/2 cup over two dinners! Had a steak for dinner last night that I forgot to weigh! I've overlooked and burnt a fe wof my souls, cappuccinos etc! It's been fun! Weekends are super hard for me as it was always my downtime and socializing time.

It's hard as I can't comprehend a get together with friends without food or where I won't go off the rails! I have a friend whose called the food pusher there are days when my husband and I leave and we are so stuffed we can hardly move!

Ive a long way to go so these boards wi ll help me out. I find as soon as,I start to think about how much I have to lose and how long it's gonna take I get despondent and then I change my mindset to one day at a time!

Hope that helps others too!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 182/178/145

Morning everyone! Sun is shining brightly here today and I'm feeling pretty energetic! I'm a little over a week doing OP and it is getting better everyday. (I did slip yesterday as I was mixing up something for supper and I licked my finger -oops one habit I will need to break!)
I do have a question... I drink all the water that I am suppose to, but my mouth (tongue) feels dry. Does this mean I am in ketosis? I did buy the strips and it says that I am, but I was just wondering if this is one of the signs.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 298/248/190

Height: 6'2"

Good mornin'. How is everyone this morning? I hope all is well in the land of IP'ers. I had WI 6 yesterday and lost another 4.2 lbs, making for 41.4 lbs in 6 weeks. This diet is amazing. I feel great. Even started jogging a little bit last night. Good luck to everyone this weekend.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #14  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Congrats Shanco!

My husband is taking me out to dinner tonight for our anniversary. When I first started, 5 weeks ago, he asked me if this plan allowed me to have one night off so I could "enjoy" myself. I said, well, I could but it would set me back for about a week and it would be a waste of money, plus, physically just not worth it! So, can you guess what I am going to do? Stay 100% ON PLAN tonight at our dinner! It is a surprise as to where we are going. He even wants to blindfold me. LOL! I will stay OP and STILL ENJOY myself because what is worth it to me is the time spent with him, not the food.

I have lost 25lbs in 5 weeks and I don't want to mess it up!

Have a great day everyone!
Happy anniversary. Just make sure the surprise restaurant has something you can order. And most importantly - have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty17 View Post
Good Morning all you IPers! Feeling good. Major challenge tonight, going to dinner at a German restaurant tonight with my sister and Fiancee. Way too many temptations! But in life there will always be challenges. It's how you handle them that makes the differences! Wish me luck...
I'm sure you will do great as you have the right attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoginitnr View Post
Ive a long way to go so these boards wi ll help me out. I find as soon as,I start to think about how much I have to lose and how long it's gonna take I get despondent and then I change my mindset to one day at a time!

Hope that helps others too!
I also have a lot to loose, so I've always set a goal for myself to loose 10 pounds a month and I look no further then that. So far I've made my goal every month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky64 View Post
I do have a question... I drink all the water that I am suppose to, but my mouth (tongue) feels dry. Does this mean I am in ketosis? I did buy the strips and it says that I am, but I was just wondering if this is one of the signs.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Dry mouth is definitely a sign of ketosis no matter how much water you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic131 View Post
Good mornin'. How is everyone this morning? I hope all is well in the land of IP'ers. I had WI 6 yesterday and lost another 4.2 lbs, making for 41.4 lbs in 6 weeks. This diet is amazing. I feel great. Even started jogging a little bit last night. Good luck to everyone this weekend.

I hope everyone has a great IP Saturday, and a big to all you loosers (in IP speak being a looser is a great thing) today!
Old 02-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/145/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm noticing a lot of you use decimals in your weight loss. What kind of scale are you using. Any preferences??
Closed Thread