Old 02-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #46  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1space View Post
Where is everyone?

It's so quite around here today.
I was thinking the same thing..its really quiet around here today. It must be only us Southern people staying indoors with bad weather....lol
Old 02-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #47  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

I just went out and bought some more zuchinni since I have been wanting to make Finns mock apple tart recipe. I just made the "apple" part from the zuchinni and OMG it tastes just like apple pie filling or cooked cinnamon apples. I'm going to make a tart out of the IP oatmeal tonight and put the zuchinni "apple" slices in it and bake it. I'm so excited. I really think this is going to be like a piece of apple pie.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:01 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 187 / 178 / 120

Height: 5' 1/2"

Yeah... probably so!
Did the worst of the storm get to y'all yet? The hail woke me up this morning
Old 02-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #49  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Yeah... probably so!
Its calm right now so I hope its over and not calm before the storm. We haven't gotten any hail as far as I know of but I haven't been outside either.....lol
Old 02-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #50  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Yeah... probably so!
I'm a few hundred miles from you and I see the red and orange on the radar knocking at our Georgia state line. Not a repeat of last year, I hope. We had hail three times (I neglected to have my roof inspected and and now I'm paying). Plus, we had two tornadoes in less than 5 miles (one less than 1/4 mile). All of this is extremely unusual for the area of Georgia we live in. Plus, having it come in at night when you can't see, is scary.

I guess the rest of the country must be basking in good weather and out enjoying it.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #51  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Yeah... probably so!
I see the storms were from TX down through the Carolinas. We've had a lot of rain and thunder since last night. The thunder was so bad last night I had to give my dog her medication. Poor thing just goes nuts during thunder storms and so the vet prescribes anti-anxiety meds for her. She was shaking like a leaf. I just looked outside and now it's just rainy and cold. I think we have at most another week or two of colder weather and then we should start warming up for spring.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #52  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Worked all day today... Because my team doesn't normally work on Saturday there were bagels and pizza and brownies, etc sitting all over the office. Ironically, I was the one in charge of ordering in all that stuff... I wasn't even tempted, and not a crumb if all those goodies went in my mouth. I am very happy with myself right now
Old 02-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #53  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
Worked all day today... Because my team doesn't normally work on Saturday there were bagels and pizza and brownies, etc sitting all over the office. Ironically, I was the one in charge of ordering in all that stuff... I wasn't even tempted, and not a crumb if all those goodies went in my mouth. I am very happy with myself right now
Congratulations You've got your mind set in the right direction.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #54  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Day 2 is wrapping up, and I forced myself to eat all the required foods today. Heading to the grocery store tomorrow to stock up on veggies, etc.

Interestingly, I only had about 25% of my normal caffeine intake and had no headache. Plus I didn't miss my sacred Diet Coke at all. Maybe I can actually kick both the DC and caffeine habits this time.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #55  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
That is a major feat...you should be VERY proud of yourself!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #56  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanym View Post
Day 2 is wrapping up, and I forced myself to eat all the required foods today. Heading to the grocery store tomorrow to stock up on veggies, etc.

Interestingly, I only had about 25% of my normal caffeine intake and had no headache. Plus I didn't miss my sacred Diet Coke at all. Maybe I can actually kick both the DC and caffeine habits this time.
Sounds like you are getting through the first challenging days just fine. In another couple of days you will feel SO much better and on your way to some great weight loss.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #57  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I see the storms were from TX down through the Carolinas. We've had a lot of rain and thunder since last night. The thunder was so bad last night I had to give my dog her medication. Poor thing just goes nuts during thunder storms and so the vet prescribes anti-anxiety meds for her. She was shaking like a leaf. I just looked outside and now it's just rainy and cold. I think we have at most another week or two of colder weather and then we should start warming up for spring.
Dana, have you looked into the Thundershirt for Dogs? I have heard that it can be very beneficial for them, and reviews on Amazon appear to be pretty good.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #58  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

*crossing fingers we don't get any bad storms*
but it looks like we're in for some rainnnnnn!

weigh in tomorrow. nervous! I don't know why I get nervous, I've been OP for almost 6 weeks [6 weeks REALLY?!]
Old 02-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 280/269/150

Height: 5'4

Had my WI this morning down 3lbs. And also started my cleanse and already hanging out in the bathroom most of this evening! fun times ahead! Gonna have squeaky clean intestines after this! hope everyone had a good OP day and those inthe south are safe and dry!
Old 02-19-2012, 12:24 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs463 View Post
I just went out and bought some more zuchinni since I have been wanting to make Finns mock apple tart recipe. I just made the "apple" part from the zuchinni and OMG it tastes just like apple pie filling or cooked cinnamon apples. I'm going to make a tart out of the IP oatmeal tonight and put the zuchinni "apple" slices in it and bake it. I'm so excited. I really think this is going to be like a piece of apple pie.
This sounds good, where is this recipe?
Closed Thread