Old 02-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #286  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I also wanted to let you guys know: I had an unplanned breakfast at Ihop the other day. I nervously looked at the menu and decided to choose the whole wheat french toast combo. 2 pieces of whole wheat french toast, cut in halves, some bland scrambled eggs, 2 slices of bacon and some banana slices served over the french toast. I ate the eggs, 3 halves of the french toast (was very nervous about that at first), the bacon and the banana. Guess what? I just looked at the nutritional info online and what I ate was completely phase 3 compliant. The total carbs for the whole meal was 56, but I left one of the halves of french toast uneaten, so Yay!!!
I just wanted to share that with y'all, because maintenance is hard! But, eventually we figure it out, I think. Or, we just get better at it. Being conscious of the food we are eating is a big step and we all are at that point. I think we should be proud of that.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #287  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Paintlady..well said..being conscious of the food we are eating is a huge step from the past. Isn't it nice to to find that you are within the carb range on a meal out? My husband is also watching me get new clothes..I am now buying the sale sweaters at a discounts! However, it is the first time in years that I have enjoyed shopping.

Pauley: I liked that quote. Too true.

Desperate to lose: That is great about going down 1.75 lbs..celebrate!

Maintain: That soup sounds good. I am a fan of Pho soup with basil leaves.

Off for school picture day..At least I will be wearing bright green and not trying to wear something dark that does not make me look fat!

Last edited by Maile; 02-29-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #288  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Maile, my children are also taking school photos today. I bet yours will be beautiful! It's so nice to dress and feel confident about your appearance. That will show in the photo.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #289  
Started IP Jan 6, 2012

S/C/G: 159/134/125

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
It's been a long time since I enjoyed shopping for clothes. I met a friend of mine today for shopping and lunch, and we had the best time! My husband may not particularly enjoy my rush to replenish my closet and dressers, but I sure am!!! Just kidding, a little. I found a really cute little black dress on sale for $28. It came home with me. However, I always seem to miss the sales at The Loft. Signed up for their email thing today. I hate paying full price.
ha..ha..You sound like me Paint Lady. I am thoroughly enjoying replenishing my closet with these new size clothes. My husband's saying ...hmmmm a new box from UPS everyday now! Anyway, enjoyed the sales at LOFT.com and Kohls.com and nyandco.com. Bought a bunch of size 4 and 2 pants and sweaters for $12.95. There are still some items on clearance/sale on loft.com not sure if they have all the sizes.
desperatetolosegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

I love clothes, texture, color, line! That is a real motivator for me... I can't afford to buy alot, but have really enjoyed getting stuff at Coldwater Creek. Expensive but well made, and the local store gives a discount to IP'rs, which is nice. I sew, so eventually, I want to get back into creating my own clothes again.
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
I love clothes, texture, color, line! That is a real motivator for me... I can't afford to buy alot, but have really enjoyed getting stuff at Coldwater Creek. Expensive but well made, and the local store gives a discount to IP'rs, which is nice. I sew, so eventually, I want to get back into creating my own clothes again.
I am a Coldwater Creek outet junkie because they was such a selection in petite sizes. There were things i had bouught over the years because they were at such bargin prices in the outet. They were all in smaller sizes once on sale but I was always thinking I would get down to them.
But once I got going on IP I went right past them. I ended up packing never worn CC things for the sally Ann. I hope whoever gets them appreciates CC.
That is fantastic about your local store giving a discount to IPers. Being in canada I have to order online.
Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #292  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
I was thinking maintenance would be easier than this too. Maybe some day it will be. I have this quote to share:

Losing weight is hard.
Maintaining weight is hard.
Staying fat is hard.
CHOOSE YOUR HARD.

I choose maintaining.
Yep. Nothing worth having in life is easy.

I'm traveling through friday. So apologies in advance for ignoring you al.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hey clothes ladies! I too have been having a blast buying new clothes! Find a "high-end" consignment shop and check it out. The one a town over from me carries lots of Coldwater Creek JJ and the likes! I bought two shirts one JJ with the tag still on for just over $20!!! SCORE!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:04 AM   #294  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Height: 5'8"

Hi all. I had sort of a NSV today. My coach and some folks on this board got me thinking that at 5' 8" 135-ish, I should be more of a size 6 than a size 8. I never thought I'd be a size 8, so a 6 is really a mental stretch for me. I haven't been interested in shopping for clothes lately, but went today just to try on some size 6's. What do you know...I tried 6's in four different brands and they all went right on. Now the "sort of a NSV" part is that my thighs and butt still seem to be happier in a size 8 while everything else iscomfortable in the size 6. I'm still trying to get down to 130 just for fun, so maybe the last few lbs will miraculously disappear from my trouble areas. My other thought is maybe after the weight is off, I will focus a little more on toning. For now, I'm just walking 45 min 5 days a week. That seems to help the weight loss more than my bootcamp/circuit training classes did.

Wishing everyone well!
bigpassport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:56 AM   #295  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Hi Everyone!!!!
Sorry I've been in a work frenzy this past month and just put finishing touches on a deadline I had for tonight!!!! Yay...I'm done for now. More refinements over the next 2 months, but lots of great new material (music) to work with. I'm a happy tired camper.

I have not weighed in for 2 weeks. I have to say, it's been like not checking your email every 1/2 hour. A little scary, but mostly liberating. I know my middle is swollen because I wrenched my lower back BIG TIME and it affected my surrounding organs, intestines and so on, there was so much inflammation...not to mention unbearable pain. So that's what I get for starting to exercise again Getting better by the day and my pants fit OK. I decided not to weigh in while I'm swollen. No sense in punishing myself. Finally getting smart about not over weighing in. Jeez...it only took me a year of maintenance :9)

I've been doing OK with food. It's getting easier (who said that????) Someone had mentioned getting french toast, bacon etc..at a pancake house and being nervous until she did the numbers and the carb count was spot on for phase 3. I think that's what we're all trying to achieve here. So..I've thrown myself out of the IP nest a little bit more in order to experiment with counting less and trusting the re-education a little more each day.

So...that's kinda where I'm at these days. I'd like to heal and be able to start exercising again, but need to watch my back and start easy.
Great checking in ladies. I've missed everyone and glad to hear we're all still hanging out together. Have a good night all.

I will weigh in next Monday and report...
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:03 AM   #296  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Pixl and Pauley: It is amazing how you can feel fat and still fit size 6 jeans. I feel fat when I am too full or when the scale is up 2 pounds.
Pxl: You can do it!!! You are right about stopping at the 5 pound range.

Karen: I love your post. For some reason pants are the mark of weight change. You are exactly right about avoiding certain pants when you feel like you are gaining. Your idea of trying them on and facing your weight is very good.I also think writing down what you eat and planning ahead are the key to maintenance.

Tracy: Thanks for the recipe. It looks great..I am going to try it...probably with the zuccini crust. Hope adding your cardio works well for you!

Maintain: How was the soup? I still have not tried those noodles.

I have a question: Are you guys still measuring your vegetables and keeping them to two cups? I still am.

Have a great day everyone and thanks for your support.
Yeah...I do the pants thing too! If my 4's get snug and I have to throw on the 6's for a few days and start to fret.... I'm like...Sunnymae R U kidding????
Maile I don't count my veggies anymore. Sometimes I feel like I've had too many, but I've been giving myself more rope in certain areas to see what the scale does AND how I do with fullness and at what point I can just be sensible and tell myself to stop. Been doing that with more carbs as well. Other days I naturally pull back on everything. It's really getting interesting for me now.
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #297  
Started IP Jan 6, 2012

S/C/G: 159/134/125

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpassport View Post
Hi all. I had sort of a NSV today. My coach and some folks on this board got me thinking that at 5' 8" 135-ish, I should be more of a size 6 than a size 8. I never thought I'd be a size 8, so a 6 is really a mental stretch for me. I haven't been interested in shopping for clothes lately, but went today just to try on some size 6's. What do you know...I tried 6's in four different brands and they all went right on. Now the "sort of a NSV" part is that my thighs and butt still seem to be happier in a size 8 while everything else iscomfortable in the size 6. I'm still trying to get down to 130 just for fun, so maybe the last few lbs will miraculously disappear from my trouble areas. My other thought is maybe after the weight is off, I will focus a little more on toning. For now, I'm just walking 45 min 5 days a week. That seems to help the weight loss more than my bootcamp/circuit training classes did.

Wishing everyone well!
Way to go on the size 6's bigpassport!!. Same here I never imagined I would wear size 4 and size 2 pants. Right now I wearing size 2 Ann Laylor pants to work. It's a bit snug but I am determined to go size 2 across the board. I am still in P1 and walking about an 1 hour 4 days a week and that's helping me. Can't wait to get to my goal weight of 130.
desperatetolosegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:10 AM   #298  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Yeah...I do the pants thing too! If my 4's get snug and I have to throw on the 6's for a few days and start to fret.... I'm like...Sunnymae R U kidding????
Maile I don't count my veggies anymore. Sometimes I feel like I've had too many, but I've been giving myself more rope in certain areas to see what the scale does AND how I do with fullness and at what point I can just be sensible and tell myself to stop. Been doing that with more carbs as well. Other days I naturally pull back on everything. It's really getting interesting for me now.
Sunnymae: I hope your lower back pain is better. I really like your self confident approach to maintenance. You are adjusting and experimenting with changes..in eating, in weighing yourself and exercising. You are taking very good care of yourself! I plan to be relaxed as you as the year progresses.
I actually don't always measure the two cups..but still do sometimes!
Those pants keep us focused! We could patent it as a diet control aide!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #299  
Maile

Desperate..walking an hour a day is excellent! No wonder you are fitting those size 2 pants!

Lee. I am happy for you fitting size 6! I never thought I would fit size 6 either and like you was surprised when I tried them on.

It sounds like everyone is finding new clothes! Now if it would just warm up so I could wear them!

PaintLady: I did enjoy the shoot and even had a free individual picture taken!
Much much better than last year.

Today is Parent Conference Day which means I work until 8pm. It will be a long day of 15 min meetings.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #300  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Hi everyone! Just saying I'm proud of y'all!!!

I have TOM right now, and for some reason I'm SUPER bloated. Bah.

Hope this goes away soon...I'm drinking tons of water, and throwing in some hot tea here and there.
cajunladybug22 is offline   Reply With Quote