Old 02-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 182/142/142

Height: 5'4.5"

On P1 for 2 weeks to take off 8 lbs gained since Nov. Strangely, I feel more secure being on P1, although the decision to start was hard. Lessons learned on maintenance: don't keep sugary snacks in the house; eat breakfast! Good luck to all.

Last edited by samyswan; 02-24-2012 at 10:07 AM.
samyswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #242  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
I honestly cannot remember..I am guessing two months.
Hang in there! It will come off..you can have weeks of no or slow loss.

jumping in here... thanks for the info. I have stalled for the last few weeks... lose a pound, gain it back and it's getting really frustrating and I'm finding it harder to WANT to stick to the plan when I'm not getting anywhere.

Not sure what else I should do...
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 180/148/143

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
YOn the meat issue: I make frozen turkey burgers and keep them to grab as needed. Also sometimes I use tofu or endame for a protein.
Thank you for your encouragement and suggestions... again thank you for all of your posts in Maintenance thread.

What are your favorite ways to prepare edamame and tofu? Do you eat adamame whole/fresh?
MAINTAINisGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 180/148/143

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
What is your bodyfat goal? I know the scales are innacurrate, but I would like to see 15% and have a visible 6 pack. I can see it now, but am probably 5-7 pounds from that.
My body fat % last year at this time was in the mid 30%. First goal was to hit 25%... I'm currently 25.3%. Now I'd like to be in the low to mid 20's. With 5-7 lbs remaining to hit "revised" goal weight my revised body fat % might just happen!

Keep in mind, before joing my current fit club, I've had no long-term resistance-training experience. I was always able to change the scale the quickest by strict calorie restriction. Of course without much lean muscle as soon as I went off "diet" I'd gain everything back PLUS MORE FAT!!!

So you can see that combined resistance training/interval cardio and a thoughtful, healthy eating plan has not only been exciting in weight loss but given me the tools I need to maintain.

Also, tracking and "friends" to keep me accountable will be essential in my maintenance success.
MAINTAINisGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpassport View Post
I just sent MFP friend requests to Pxlkitty4, Ishbel, and Maintainisgoal (willowgirl11). Did I miss anyone who wants to play on the MFP playground?
I'm sorry, I've just been playing with fatsecret. I'm only in a mini phase off for a vacation right now. I will be back to Phase 1 as of the 15 March until the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
jumping in here... thanks for the info. I have stalled for the last few weeks... lose a pound, gain it back and it's getting really frustrating and I'm finding it harder to WANT to stick to the plan when I'm not getting anywhere.

I'm with you Sara My two weeks of 0 loss/gain is very frustrating to me . I did to back through my journals and I've decided to eat exactly what I did during the first month. I love my salad at night but apparently I was eating baked veggies during that first month. My coach believes that after 10 months my body knows exactly what it's getting so I'm essentially in a stall and that doing a mini phase off for vacation will confuse it and 'shock' it.

She did have other options that she suggested before I told her how close to Mexico I was and that my mini phase off was within a week anyway. I can forward them to you if you like...??
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #246  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post

I'm with you Sara My two weeks of 0 loss/gain is very frustrating to me . I did to back through my journals and I've decided to eat exactly what I did during the first month. I love my salad at night but apparently I was eating baked veggies during that first month. My coach believes that after 10 months my body knows exactly what it's getting so I'm essentially in a stall and that doing a mini phase off for vacation will confuse it and 'shock' it.

She did have other options that she suggested before I told her how close to Mexico I was and that my mini phase off was within a week anyway. I can forward them to you if you like...??
Yes, I would appreciate that so much! thank you!

I am debating adding a few more calories into my diet... still do low carb, high protein but up my calories to the 1200 range. I think with the amount of exercise I do, maybe I am not getting enough.
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

Ishbel- That is so rude what that person told you. I think that your response was appropriate. Depending on who the comment is coming from, I either laugh it out and say, something like, "no, not really, I'm not even close to being too thin" or if it comes from people I don't know I just ignore them. Most of the people I know are aware that a Dr. has been supervising my diet.

Maintainisgoal - Thanks for sharing your story, and welcome to this thread. I didn't like phase 2 that much either for the same reason. I ended up having eggs and tuna a lot of times for lunch protein. For some reason, I have developed a love for eggs now. I didn't have them often at all before IP

Desperatetolosegirl- It took me 8 weeks for the last 10 lbs

Linden- I hope the new brace helps speed up your recovery. It would be really nice to meet Dr Chahn.. and ask like a million questions

Mom3lovebugs and Ishbel - As far as stalls, the biggest lesson that I learned throughout IP was that it is important to switch things up. Sometimes that will mean increasing carbs, sometimes it will mean reducing them, eating different vegetables, different types of protein, etc. I definitively switched things up a lot the last couple of months in IP.. that allowed me to continue losing steadily.. although slowly.

Reboot still going well.. although I had a couple of days of being extremely hunger.. as in tummy-growling-threatening to eat itself- hungry. I usually don't have lettuce for lunch, but I've had it for 2 days now. I had a Dr's apt at 8am today and stomach was growling already. Thyroid test came back "borderline" high AGAIN... I really do think that has something to do with my slower-than-average losses.. One more reason to be thankful to have found IP though.. the fact that I can still lose.

I got my RTD shakes from Lifestyle. The nutritional info is the same, ingredients are the same, packaging is the same, and flavor I think is almost the same.. (I"m not completely sure if it is identical since I haven't had an IP rtd shake in a while). Price is much better, but shipping was a killer.. I think that if I order from then again I"ll have to place the $200 order to get free shipping. I didn't want to order more than one case this time since I had no idea how they would taste.
Gika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

Just finished up my first week of P3 and I'm down another pound - what I"m more happy about is that my arms are finally losing. I'm thinking that if they go down again this week I may stay on P3 a bit longer.

I looked and it's taken me 7 weeks as well to lose the last 10 pounds - lucky number I guess!

Breakfast today was PB and J yogurt - icelandic yogurt with 1 T reduced sugar strawberry preserves/2T PB2 powdered PB/30 carbs worth of Natures Path organic PB granola - very good!

Thanks pxlkitty I'll stay with what works!

Last edited by TracyAWC; 02-24-2012 at 01:59 PM.
TracyAWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:45 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Height: 5'8"

Reboot report...instead of a 2 week P1 pancreas re-set as I originally planned, I did 4 weeks on P1 to lose a little weight. I'm down to a new low on my home scale (yay!) so I graduated to P2 today. The protocol is P2 for 2 weeks, then P3 for 2 weeks. I hope to lose 4 lbs in those 4 weeks...then I'll be able to say I lost 40 lbs on IP!

Have a great weekend everyone!
bigpassport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:22 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Wow. Great job lee! I look forward to seeing how phase 2 works for you!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:01 AM   #251  
Started IP Jan 6, 2012

S/C/G: 159/134/125

Height: 5'5''

Quote:

How about cardio and a some strength training? I know exercise is not recommended in P1 but I think that is helping me during these last few pounds.
desperatetolosegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #252  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gika View Post

Reboot still going well.. although I had a couple of days of being extremely hunger.. as in tummy-growling-threatening to eat itself- hungry. I usually don't have lettuce for lunch, but I've had it for 2 days now. I had a Dr's apt at 8am today and stomach was growling already. Thyroid test came back "borderline" high AGAIN... I really do think that has something to do with my slower-than-average losses.. One more reason to be thankful to have found IP though.. the fact that I can still lose.
I mentioned hunger to my coach yesterday. On my 4 weeks of P1 this time around, I have pretty much been hungry the whole time! There have been a few days I haven't been hungry, but most days I have. My coach suggested drinking a cup of hot chicken or beef broth or a cup of hot tea if hunger strikes between meals. HTH!
bigpassport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #253  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Been thinking about you all. Been so busy at work I haven't had time to do any writing. This year will be extremely busy for me so I am hoping I can get through it without too much weight issues. I am still trying to figure out phase 4 and how I can continue to loss toward my goal.
Linden I have been thinking about you, I hope your brace helps you and have a great trip to Paris.
Maile - you have done so well, you give me hope and not to give up on my challenge.
Carla - some people just don't get it, my good friend when ever we plan to eat out somewhere always asks me if I can eat that on my diet. I usually can find something to eat on my lifestyle. I have found if I don't get enough veggies I get really snacky so try to have veggies a lot. Hope you are having a wonderful vacation.
Pxlkitty - I love your reply of you haven't seen me without clothes can I borrow it?
Everyone else you are all doing great and even though I don't participate I do try and sneak a read at work when I can.

Rebel and I are adjusting to not having Jewel around, some ways it makes it easier just one dog to kept busy. Jewel will always be just around the next corner and she has left the house so much quieter..(except when Rebel is barking for attention) now the deal is Red dog and I have to lose weight together before our next trial as she became quite chunky as well. Going to try to find a way to throw in exercise for myself...
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Quote:
Yes, I would appreciate that so much! thank you!

I am debating adding a few more calories into my diet... still do low carb, high protein but up my calories to the 1200 range. I think with the amount of exercise I do, maybe I am not getting enough.
I wouldn't change too much. I also felt stalled, I went 3 weeks in January with no or very small losses, but it has suddenly all come together and I am losing steadily even as a near my goal.

I do exercise for at least 60 mins a day. I don't add anything extra, but I make sure to have a restricted every day. And I tend towards fattier proteins (burgers, steak, chicken breast with skin) and it seems to be working.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #255  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:

That is so frustrating to go up a pound and then down. I remember some weeks like that. Have you tried increasing your exercise? Although with taking care of 3 kids that could be hard to find the time and the energy.
Have you tried bootcamping it and not eating any restricteds? Sometimes that works and sometimes not.
Also..are you eating low fat protein? When I was worried about losing I switched to fish..most often..not beef.

Anyway..I wish you luck. This is such hard work. When I went to see my coach last week, I remembered all of the visits and worries about whether I would lose or not that week. I honestly thought to myself, I am not going through that again. It was a year of hard work.

I cannot remember at what point your coach puts you on Phase 2..you could investigate that. Let us know how you are doing.
All in all I say trust yourself. If you are truly unhappy, you should decide your next steps and goals!

Last edited by Maile; 02-26-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote